• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Mario Kart SGP

Who should be added next?

• Birdo

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Wart

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 17 Voting

Special Items will be handled differently this time around

First we will vote for your top 3 ideas, and make sure to put the driver or Drivers you want to have the special item attributed too. Luigi/Gooigi are a package. Ranked voting is in play, you can vote for your own as long as it's in the 1 point spot.

Poltergust MR-E-O KRT GolisoPower GolisoPower
Toadies Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Heart Gorgonzales Gorgonzales
Surf Board Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Dash Ring Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
1. Poltergust (Luigi, Gooigi)
2. Heart (Peach, Daisy)

EDIT: Changed vote to accommodate new rules

Last edited:

evanwoo10

Smash Lord
1. Toadies (Kamek, Bowser Jr., Bowser)
2. Surf Board (Funky Kong)

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 17 results

Poltergust MR-E-O KRT GolisoPower GolisoPower 6
Toadies Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario 3
Heart Gorgonzales Gorgonzales 2
Surf Board Glubbfubb Glubbfubb 5
Dash Ring Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 1

The Poltergust will be added for Luigi and Gooigi
The Surf Board will be added for Funky
Toadies will be added for Kamek

Job 18

Submit a Retro track that is from a game we do not have represented yet
the current games represented via retro tracks are.
Mario Kart Super Circuit
Mario Kart 8

Job 19
Create a Track Layout for our new tracks.

We have a full cup so we might as well make the layouts, The drawings should be a bird's eye perspective like you are looking at the mini map, maybe mark out major setpieces or something like that as well

These are our new tracks
-Nabbit's Street Circuit
-Koopa University
-Stanley's Green House
-Funky's Flight Control

If possible the creators of the tracks should try to submit a layout
Paging
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Job 19
Create a Track Layout for our new tracks.

We have a full cup so we might as well make the layouts, The drawings should be a bird's eye perspective like you are looking at the mini map, maybe mark out major setpieces or something like that as well
My kind of job! Was already a bit interested in making concept sketches for the tracks, so this should be inspiring enough.
Can I only submit one of the tracks or all of them if I wanna?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Job 18

Rosalina's Ice World

Sleek Rider

Acceleration: 4
Speed: 3
Weight: 1
Working Chair (has a steering wheel and pedals.)

Acceleration: 5
Speed: 1
Weight: 4
Car-Go Truck (shrunk down heavily, has no roof on the car portion, different MK brands depending on racer (Princess Orange for Daisy, Roy Smooth Sounds for Roy, Mario Motors for Mario, e.t.c.))

Acceleration: 5
Speed: 1
Weight: 5

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Job 18
Renominating Toad's Factory

Job 19
I want to do all of them but for now I'll start with the one that's been established already by the creator himself
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 's Nabbit Street Circuit
1619544855012.png

A perfect symmetrical figure of Nabbit's head. Considering it's our starting track I imagine it being more circuit-ish while keeping the city aesthetic, sort of like Daisy Circuit from Mario Kart Wii. That's the purpose of the top section of the mini-map, which is an outskirts section of the city with the classic Mario Kart bleachers with Nabbit's ears poking on top of them. At the halfway point of the track, blending in with the city, is a small food market which the Bandits and Mousers like to target most. It features a dirt shortcut for you to save some time, and hey, maybe take some fruit with you as you cross past it, they won't notice. And as is Mario Kart tradition, there's the classic circuit track wide-boost-turn and narrow-boostless-turn in both of the bleachers. Double the fun. That alleyway at the end? Cover it in graffiti depicting various Mario Kart references.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Job 18
Renominating Toad's Factory

Job 19
I want to do all of them but for now I'll start with the one that's been established already by the creator himself
YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 's Nabbit Street Circuit
View attachment 312962
A perfect symmetrical figure of Nabbit's head. Considering it's our starting track I imagine it being more circuit-ish while keeping the city aesthetic, sort of like Daisy Circuit from Mario Kart Wii. That's the purpose of the top section of the mini-map, which is an outskirts section of the city with the classic Mario Kart bleachers with Nabbit's ears poking on top of them. At the halfway point of the track, blending in with the city, is a small food market which the Bandits and Mousers like to target most. It features a dirt shortcut for you to save some time, and hey, maybe take some fruit with you as you cross past it, they won't notice. And as is Mario Kart tradition, there's the classic circuit track wide-boost-turn and narrow-boostless-turn in both of the bleachers. Double the fun. That alleyway at the end? Cover it in graffiti depicting various Mario Kart references.
Oooh, I love it! Great work!

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Job 19 - Part 2:
Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom 's Koopa University
1619549978193.png

A little messier on this one but it was fun to work with. You start under the front gate to the campus and drive around a large statue of Bowser in a cap and gown, before making your way inside the building. Inside you'll see the main lobby, with two sets of stairs you can pick to drive up to the next floor. College students watch the race from the safety of the second floor's internal balconies. You'll drive through a short hallway before entering Kamek's library, but now is not the time to be quiet, people are racing here. Make your way around the bookshelves and study desks before entering the retired King Bob-Omb's Mini-Boss theories class with the screen projector telling racers to turn right towards the exit of the building. You'll finally reach the campus exterior, where more young fans will be cheering on you as they enjoy their snacks. Be careful though, as some of them are prone to littering banana peels on the track. So insensitive! Finally, you'll drive outside the college's walls and find the fraternity houses of the campus, throwing parties as they watch the race unfold.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job 18:
1619560528916.png

Choco Mountain:
We don't have our obligatory "candy-themed" track here yet, and honestly, Choco Mountain could fill that role perfectly. Past iterations honestly don't look very "chocolatey", looking more like dirt and rocks and dirty rocks and all, but in something like this, Choco Mountain should amp the chocolate side up.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I currently do not have access to my computer due to internet provider issues and it doesn't look like it'll get fixed any time soon either unfortunately.

I'm happy to do Stanley's Greenhouse layout but I get the feeling it'll be about a month before I can do so.

So if ZoroCarlos ZoroCarlos wishes to go ahead and design the layout like they did with the other two, I'm absolutely fine with that.

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Job 19 - Part 3

YoshiandToad YoshiandToad 's Stanley's Greenhouse
1619561551365.png

Oof, this required a lot of thought to try to fit everything from the concept in somewhere while also adding my own creative liberties (if YoshiandToad YoshiandToad doesn't mind). I added a lake area right after entering the greenhouse to drive through, which serves as the source of water for the entire dome. A huge Wiggler will march around the lake, blocking racers with poor timing. After passing the lake you will climb up one of the roots of a gigantic tree occupied by the ant troopers, and go into anti-gravity mode as you wrap around the tree, avoiding the ants, and exiting through a glider ramp onto the next section. Here you will find huge flowers elevated for the ground for you to bounce on like the mushrooms in Mushroom Gorge. Be careful with the Stingbys flying around collecting pollen. After a brief encounter with 8-Bit DK, you'll take another ramp onto the Piranha Plant enclosure, and ride on their huge thorned vines. Here's where the ramps with Stanley's spray will help you jump over them. Finally, you will dive back into the water supply connecting with the river outside the dome, and rise from the water onto Stanley's bush art garden and back to the finish line.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
You know what? I'm revoking my abstaining of Job 19. Here's my layout for Funky's Flight Control!
Funky's_Flight_Control.png

Starting on the far left is the Jungle airport, the first section of the entire track. As mentioned, you go through an adapted version of flight security, including X-Ray scanners with bumps that serve as ramps to style on, baggage where some powerups reside, and a sort of "stairway" down to the outside where one would usually board by climbing up those plane stairs. But you're not going on a plane. Also, like in the OG post, you ascend a Flight Control tower and through the ramp at the top you glide to the planes, which are at various angles and altitudes, adding to the thrill. There are 10 in this picture, but I assure you, there are loads more for you to glide towards. Not all passengers will be bored on their flight, I'll tell you what. After hopping from plane to plane you land on the island and out into the beautiful resort city where you drive around and take in the sights. And lemme take this creative liberty here, the finish line takes place in the check-in area of a lovely tropical hotel, just in time to check yourself in for your hotel room!

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 20

Retro item: Boo
Steals an item from another player while making you invisible.

New Item: Double Cherry
Creates a clone of you that sticks close to you and copies your movements (turning, drifting, etc).
This clone disappears when hit by an item.
Any coins the clone collects will be added to your coin count.

Here's the fun part: When a clone is active, any items you collect will be duplicated. The clone will copy how you use the item.
For example, getting a green shell will also give the clone a green shell. If you throw it backwards, the clone will also throw it's shell backwards. Now your opponents have to deal twice the items!

Not to mention the chaos that could ensue if you choose to use this thing right before you get a special item...

ZoroCarlos

Smash Lord
Job 20:
New Item: Magic Cape

I'm not sure if this is better off being it's own item or if I should make this the Feather with a brand new functionality. So if someone has an opinion on that let me know.

My idea for the item takes inspiration from two things: The Super Leaf item that was already in 7, and Mario's Cape special in Smash. Once you activate the item, the cape will appear behind the racer's kart for a short amount of time, and hitting the item button will cause the kart to do a spin in place with the cape. The hitbox caused by this spin does not stun opponents. Instead, any racer caught in range of your attack will flip into the air and land back on the track facing the opposite way. This does not mean you have to make a full turn to correct yourself. You will keep the same speed from when you were facing forward but now your controls will be inverted, forcing the player affected to display their backward-driving skills. After five seconds, the driver will fix their positioning and go back to normal. (If you know the Twister from Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, that's basically it.)

Don't get flipped in 200cc

The cape will also reflect items the opposite way from which they came from if correctly timed. Backwards spam? Return to sender. Red shell? Revoked. Spiny shell? Alright, not that far.

Returning item: Pow Block

Generates shockwave for drivers ahead of the user, knocking away items. Can be "dodged" with good timing.

Last edited:

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace
Job 20:
New Item: Magic Cape

I'm not sure if this is better off being it's own item or if I should make this the Feather with a brand new functionality. So if someone has an opinion on that let me know.

My idea for the item takes inspiration from two things: The Super Leaf item that was already in 7, and Mario's Cape special in Smash. Once you activate the item, the cape will appear behind the racer's kart for a short amount of time, and hitting the item button will cause the kart to do a spin in place with the cape. The hitbox caused by this spin does not stun opponents. Instead, any racer caught in range of your attack will flip into the air and land back on the track facing the opposite way. This does not mean you have to make a full turn to correct yourself. You will keep the same speed from when you were facing forward but now your controls will be inverted, forcing the player affected to display their backward-driving skills. After five seconds, the driver will fix their positioning and go back to normal. (If you know the Twister from Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, that's basically it.)

Don't get flipped in 200cc

The cape will also reflect items the opposite way from which they came from if correctly timed. Backwards spam? Return to sender. Red shell? Revoked. Spiny shell? Alright, not that far.

Returning item: Pow Block

Generates shockwave for drivers ahead of the user, knocking away items. Can be "dodged" with good timing.
Regarding your question on the cape, I feel that having the item separate from the normal feather would work. However, I don't think a cape itself would read very well as an item icon (or show up well in the character's hand), so I'm proposing the Cape gets it's own special feather separate from the normal one.

cape.png

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Returning Item:
1619996372209.png

Chain Chomp:
I don't care whether or not this little guy makes it into the game as a playable character or an item, this guy making it in oughtta lead to some fun stuff.

New Item:
1619996468359.png

Power Balloon:
Basically, the Power Balloon would inflate your kart and cause it to float for a bit, making you temporarily immune to most items. However, items that can reach above like the Bob-Omb explosions, the Red Shell and the Lightning Bolt, can cause your kart to "pop" and create an AoE effect around you that damages other karts.

Ruler of Subspace

Smash Apprentice
Job 20:

New Item: Ice Flower

This obviously works like a Fire Flower, but it freezes racers instead of burning them. The freeze only lasts a couple seconds and shouldn't do much if they're just moving forward, but it can do wonders if someone's drifting or you're racing on 200cc.

Returning Item: Thunder Cloud

I know a lot of people don't miss this little guy, but I always thought the anxiety of getting shocked from a cloud, offroad having no affect, increased speed, and having a chance to shock someone else added a bit of flare to MKW. It was always fun to have it in, even though I certainly got a bit mad when I got it.

Top Bottom