• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Ver. 2.3.0 Update is Out!

kart_8_Wave_4.jpg

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe just received its Ver. 2.3.0 update as well as the fourth wave of the Booster Course Pass!

Check out what’s new in the Ver. 2.3.0 update:
  • 8 new tracks from the Booster Course Pass.
    Amsterdam Drift (Tour), Riverside Park (GBA), DK Summit (Wii), Yoshi’s Island (New!), Bangkok Rush (Tour), Mario Circuit (DS), Waluigi Stadium (GCN), and Singapore Speedway (Tour)
  • A new playable character, Birdo.
  • Five new question mark slots on the character select screen.
  • General changes and bugfixes.

Author’s Note: I couldn't help but feel like something was missing from the Booster Course Pass before this. But now, with Birdo and those five mystery slots on the character select screen? Suddenly it doesn't feel like there's anything missing at all! It's really exciting to know we'll be getting five more characters after this. But what do you think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing: Zerp Zerp
Graphics: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Last edited:
Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

You only listed 7 of the new tracks.
What are you talking about? There's only 7 tracks, the fabled "Amsterdam Drift" track is an anomaly and not supposed to exist. If you see the track please turn off the power and contact Nintendo immediately.

The sad part is that it actually was in my draft. I must've deleted Amsterdam by mistake when I was formatting things for the site, whoops lol

What are you talking about? There's only 7 tracks, the fabled "Amsterdam Drift" track is an anomaly and not supposed to exist. If you see the track please turn off the power and contact Nintendo immediately.
Okay, you win a cookie for the best response I've seen on this site 🏆 🍪 🏆

It's very exciting that they added the placeholders for the new characters. This means at least 5 more characters (I assume they won't expand it more unless there is a second Pass, which I'm not counting on.) My guesses are:
  • Diddy Kong (definitely)
  • Pauline (definitely)
  • Petey (almost definitely)
  • Funky Kong (seems likely)
  • Kamek / Dixie Kong / Nabbit (one of these)
If I got to pick 5 characters from any previous Mario Kart, taking into consideration just my favorite characters and nothing else, I'd take Diddy, Dixie, Kamek, Pauline, and Donchan (from Mario Kart Arcade). I don't expect Dixie but would be pleasantly surprised, and while Donchan doesn't seem impossible, obviously I wouldn't expect it.

Really excited for the 5 new characters, lots of excellent choices from Tour that would go a long way to helping the MK8 roster feel more complete.

Kind of interesting that 2.3.0 did some stat changes to the characters and vehicle parts. I would think that Time Trials would prevent such a thing from happening, seeing as the Staff Ghosts use the base game statistics; it also impacts the leaderboards if the combos that were used got stat buffs.

So were getting 5 other characters than hmm cool!
Obviously Diddy Kong
Pauline
and Petey
I Honestly Doubt they wouldnt include Petey hes so unique
Dixie Kong
Honestly i dont think funky should join that would be just too many Dk Chars and honestly hes not even that important
Instead i would include Kamek because he was planned for 64 is a major Yoshi Character and MArio Character in general!

I do think they should add some costumes!
Toad (Just giving him 8 more colours)
SSB Villager Defaults and SSB Villager Darker Skinned
red, Blue and Yellow Koopa or Koopa Para Troopa
And Just Please Toon Link, OOT Adult Link and TP Link with the default icon being Skyward Sword Link!

It’s obviously going to be Movie Mario, Movie Peach, Movie Luigi, Movie Donkey Kong, and Movie Bowser but voiced by sound-alikes and not the actual actors and actresses.

Also,
Im so happy that I found out about this update, the tracks, Birdo, and how new fighters are coming not from gaming news, not from friends, not from YouTube, not from here…

…but from my kids. That was a first for me.

Last edited:
It’s obviously going to be Movie Mario, Movie Peach, Movie Luigi, Movie Donkey Kong, and Movie Bowser but voiced by sound-alikes and not the actual actors and actresses.

Also,
Im so happy that I found out about this update, the tracks, Birdo, and how new fighters are coming not from gaming news, not from friends, not from YouTube, not from here…

…but from my kids. That was a first for me.
New fighters are coming?... :p

I do think they should add some costumes!
Toad (Just giving him 8 more colours)
SSB Villager Defaults and SSB Villager Darker Skinned
red, Blue and Yellow Koopa or Koopa Para Troopa
And Just Please Toon Link, OOT Adult Link and TP Link with the default icon being Skyward Sword Link!
We're pretty much not getting that.

Top Bottom