• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass Wave 4 Launching March 9th, 2023

Mario_Kart_Birdo.jpg

The wait for more Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tracks is going to end soon. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’s Booster Course Pass Wave 4 will be launching on March 9th, 2023!

The fourth wave of the Booster Course Pass notably contains more than new tracks. This time, there’s also a new playable character, Birdo! Here’s a list of all the new content:

Fruit Cup:
  • Amsterdam Drift (Tour)
  • Riverside Park (GBA)
  • DK Summit (Wii)
  • Yoshi’s Island (New!)
Boomerang Cup:
  • Bangkok Rush (Tour)
  • Mario Circuit (DS)
  • Waluigi Stadium (GCN)
  • Singapore Speedway (Tour)
New Racer:
  • Birdo (Comes with 9 colors to pick)

Author’s Note: I’m really glad that we’re finally getting new characters! And wow, gotta say I wasn’t expecting Waluigi Stadium and DK Summit in the same wave. Those are two of my all-time favorites! But what do you think? Please let us know in the comments below!

Credits:
Writing: Zerp Zerp
Thumbnail: Zerp Zerp
Social: Zerp Zerp

Mitchell "Zerp" Brenkus

Comments

Unless I am misremembering something, I am pretty sure this is the first time since SMB2 where Birdo has different color variations.

D
I'm honestly convinced by the time they make a new MK, MK8 will have every single stage from the previous games.

Unless I am misremembering something, I am pretty sure this is the first time since SMB2 where Birdo has different color variations.
When Birdo was added to Tour, they had the same color options too, Tour Drivers. Outside of Tour / MK though, I can't think of any game or instance where you can pick a different color Birdo. I do think I remember seeing blue or green ones in the stands in one of the sports games, like Mario Tennis or Mario Golf, though I couldn't tell you from which game.

I'm super happy Birdo is coming and I'm actually quite curious how they're going to add them to the select screen. I think we'll know on release date how many more characters are added. If they combine pre-existing characters, they could add any number of characters, but if they expand the square / rectangle, we'll probably know if they're going to add 6 characters in total or 7. They could always pull a Smash Brothers style select screen where there are quite literally just empty spots, but Mario Kart always has been pretty good on select screens.

I think personally we'll see Birdo, Diddy, and Pauline for sure, and then depending on how many more we get, some combination of Petey Piranha, Funky Kong, Dixie Kong, Kamek, Wiggler, or King Bob-omb.

My personal guess is Birdo, Diddy, Pauline, Petey, Funky, and Kamek.

I‘m pretty sure at least some of the Strikers games also had color variations for Birdo, depending on what team she is on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom