• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mario Hotel - Super Social 4

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I have watched the best match involving Mario... EVER. The fun starts at 0:54. :p

Last edited:

Xeze

Smash Ace
NNID
XezeMaster
3DS FC
3969-6256-6191
Aside from the fact that Ally is no longer solo maining Mario, nothing new.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
Got a question: is there a surefire way to reverse Mario's Up-B? I can't get it consistently and when I think I did get it, I only made the range more vertical.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I Got one question

1.Would you replace Mario with a Call of Duty Solider

of Course i wouldn't, Would you

Bluehaven

Smash Lurker
3DS FC
1177-9167-4164
Whoa so this is the Mario Social. Gotta say I like that there's a place for my favorite character on here.
Putting that aside, I have a question for the regulars on here. Do you guys usually talk about random topics like in the Smash 4 Social thread or is it strictly about discussing about Smash?
Thank you for your time if you decide to answer this question. :)

Onyx_Ink21

Smash Rookie
Hey guys I have a Mario combo video I would like to share. This is my first vid so don't expect good results. all I ask is for you to view the whole 4:56 second video. Please lmk how I did as in combos wise. My combos will get your attention compared to the music. My choice of music and edits are not great. So if you have to, just mute the vid and watch it as is. That is all I ask. I would highly appreciate it. Thanx.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPxDE4J_v34

Rand0

Smash Rookie
yo is there any way someone can pm me an invite to the mario discord?

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
Flameleon Flameleon What's up broski, it's been awhile. Hold up. Wait a minute. You change your avatar picture? What in god's name going on here.

:pow:
-Not much, bro, chilling haha, and well, i changed my pic because now i want to lead all the mii gunner mains, because, i don't think i will be able to surpass Ally with Mario haha, anyways, i still use Mario:

but i want to focus on gunner, because i can exploit my potential with him more than with Mario, funny fact is that i'm still the best mexican Mario haha, based on our ranking, well, i'll be around here, laters...-

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I was lightly joking about your avatar change. I saw it coming due to you using Mii Gunner often with the videos you uploaded on YouTube. Ally has truly set a golden standard with how Mario is played in this version, Anti also can play at a high level with the plumber as well. Most former Brawl Mario mains don't hardly use Mario in Sm4sh, Dr. Mario just feels right at home to some. As for me, I co-main both Mario & Doc. I like Dr. Mario just a bit due to his crazy kill power and combo potential. He's like normal Mario but on steroids.

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
How's it going Mario mains? The DK boards are redoing our MU thread and our old rival Mario is one of the chosen few in this week's discussion. We'd appreciate any feedback, insights, and opinions you guys have in this MU.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Why is there so many useless threads being created for? I mean, it doesn't make any sense at all for the Mario forms. Not very informative and helpful towards the development of Mario's meta.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's something for the Mario players out there...

The two screenshots show my very first texture hack for Smash Wii U; Flying Mario. I was actually able to pull this off without any issues, though it did take me a while to get my ISO dump, and the necessary tools to make the hack.

Last edited:

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
(Walks in nervously)

So last night I was at a party at my old friends house, and we were playing the Wii U version of the game, and for the first match we were all choosing random characters, and I ended up playing as Mario.

Here's the funny part: I don't know anything about playing as Mario, but I know what I know, and being a Yoshi main, I'm a bit of an expert on Mario stuff. Despite not knowing much about how he plays, I did pretty well as Mario that match, so I think my Mario has improved.

Anyone got some tips to do better as Mario?

BSP

Smash Legend
@DunnoBro I've seen you mention Dair being affected by Mario's rage in the past. I looked into it myself and found that you are correct: when Mario hits a certain amount of rage, some characters start becoming unable to air dodge or attack Mario for doing Dair.

How much have you looked into this? I don't want to start labbing for the % on Mario required for Dair to not be fraudulent if someone else already has.

Also stop doing Dthrow -> Up B if you are guys. If you're that unsure on your combo potential, at least do Dthrow -> Jab combo because it's safe on hit.

NuzTheMonkey

Smash Apprentice
Hello. I am a traveling warrior looking for my Smash 4 main(s). As a part of my journey, I will be visiting all the character’s social threads who I think I might main. So, hi! To add some substance to my post, what do you think about character socials? I think they are a great way to talk with fellow people who play the character and learn more about the character as well as being able to chill and talk about stuff irl.

:luigi:Hope to talk with you again!

D

Deleted member

Typical Casual Mario Rule Set: Charge F.L.U.D.D - Down Throw - Spam Up Tilt - Throw or Smash Attack Player off Stage - Foward Air, F.L.U.D.D, or Cape. If this works, repeat this.

Keep in mind, this is a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom