• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Golf: Super Rush overview trailer goes over roster and modes

mario-golf-super-rush-switch-hero.jpg

The newest Mario Golf: Super Rush trailer brings a look at the roster and new modes. The final release roster includes these 16 Mushroom Kingdom characters:

• Mario (Speed)
  • Luigi (Speed)
  • Wario (All-Around)
  • Waluigi (All-Around)
  • Peach (Control)
  • Daisy (Speed)
  • Yoshi (Speed)
  • Bowser (Power)
  • Bowser Jr. (Spin)
  • Boo (Spin)
  • Donkey Kong (Power)
  • Rosalina (All-Around)
  • Pauline (Control) [New]
  • Toad (Control)
  • Chargin' Chuck (Power) [New]
  • King Bob-omb [New]
These are all of the new modes available:

Standard Golf - Regular Golf rules.

Speed Golf - Everyone will take shots at the same time. After this, they must race to their ball. Each character will have character specific skills to help get their ball to the goal faster. Both the stroke number and total time are recorded for the results.

Battle Golf - Golfer's battle to claim any of the 9 holes on specialized fields. The first player to get three wins.

Golf Adventure - Boss battles, experience points, tutorial missions, and more will be available in this story mode.

The full trailer is below,

Mario Golf: Super Rush will arrive on the Nintendo Switch on June 25th, 2021.

Author's Note: I think they've sold me on this one. Now to convince my friends to golf. Your thoughts? Let us know below!

Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Surprised they didn't keep Toadette and Diddy from the other sports games. Maybe post game content like Mario Tennis. I do like the roster choices though and I'm glad to see Bowser Jr. back on his feet. I had played Jr. in the original Mario Golf, which really is what made me a fan of the character in the first place. Looking good, I'm excited.

I like Golf. I like Mario. I like Mario Golf World Tour for the Nintendo 3DS.
If they can live up to that game in terms of content, challenge, and Mii customization, then I'm sold.
(Mii customization sounds like a weird thing to point out, but like in the 3DS game you could wear a Disk System outfit. FOR GOLFING.)

Surprised they didn't keep Toadette and Diddy from the other sports games. Maybe post game content like Mario Tennis. I do like the roster choices though and I'm glad to see Bowser Jr. back on his feet. I had played Jr. in the original Mario Golf, which really is what made me a fan of the character in the first place. Looking good, I'm excited.
Oh, they’ll do the post game content thing. No doubts there.

from what I remember about this Speed Golf, it kinda makes me think of Happy Gilmore... except this is significantly more family friendly and (IMO) nowhere near as funny.

Top Bottom