• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing. If Smash were next to go mobile who would make the roster?

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Easy. Every Nintendo character, except Luigi. You'll have to wait for an update to play as him.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Bayonetta not only as the only third party, but before Sonic? Seems highly suspect. Do you honestly think Sega would not want Sonic first?

I say they would probably start with the starter 8 and then maybe add a few from other games. Third parties might be tricky as they would likely need re negotiated. That might be harder for a mobile game.
Easy. Every Nintendo character, except Luigi. You'll have to wait for an update to play as him.
Rosalina wasn't there to start either.

Plank08

Smash Lord
Ok so let’s say that they used touchscreen controls and built these new mechanics from the ground up and had say.. 15 unique characters..
:ultmario::ultsonic::ultkrool::ultdk::ultsamus::ultpikachu::ultgnw::ultinkling::ultlink::ultkirby::ultfox::ultyoshi::ultmarth::ultsonic::ultbanjokazooie:now that the ideas in my head, I want this to happen.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
My ideas

Starter Roaster
Row 1: :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser: and Fawful
Row 2: :ultdk::ultdiddy::ultyoshi::ultlink::ultzelda:
Row 3: :ultsamus::ultridley::ultkirby::ultkingdedede::ultfox:
Row 4: :ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::249:
Row 5: :ultmarth::ultfalcon::ultness::ultpit::ultolimar:
Row 6: :ultvillager::ultinkling:, Issac, Spring-Man and :ultsonic:
Row 7: :ultmegaman: and :ultpacman:

Unlockable

:ultrosalina::ultbowserjr:, Geno, :ultwario::ultganondorf:, Midna, Sylux, :ultmetaknight::ultwolf::ultlucario:, Sceptile, Excadrill, :ultcorrinf:, Bio-Rex, :ultpalutena::ultisabelle::ultgnw::ulticeclimbers::ultryu::ultsnake::ultsimon::ultbayonetta::ultbanjokazooie:

Clones: :ultdaisy:, Dark Bowser, Dixie Kong, :ultyounglink::ultdarksamus:, Dark Meta Knight, :ultfalco::ultpichu::ultlucina::ultlucas::ultdarkpit:, Louie, Octoling, Ribbon-Girl, Shadow, :ultken::ultrichter:

Updates: As updates goes by, more character would be added

One update would include :ultmewtwo::ultduckhunt::ultshulk::ultike::ultpiranha:, Steve and Shantae for instance.

This is NOT the first update, there will be an overhaul on my group soon.

Last edited:

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
lol guys they wouldn't want to draw people away from the actual game and lose sales. It would be a cheap imitation of Smash and probably only offer the bare minimum to keep it considered as still Smash.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Ok so let’s say that they used touchscreen controls and built these new mechanics from the ground up and had say.. 15 unique characters..
:ultmario::ultsonic::ultkrool::ultdk::ultsamus::ultpikachu::ultgnw::ultinkling::ultlink::ultkirby::ultfox::ultyoshi::ultmarth::ultsonic::ultbanjokazooie:now that the ideas in my head, I want this to happen.
Did you mean to list Sonic twice?
lol guys they wouldn't want to draw people away from the actual game and lose sales. It would be a cheap imitation of Smash and probably only offer the bare minimum to keep it considered as still Smash.
Didn't stop them with Mario Kart.

Last edited:

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
Granted I don't have game apps and don't know what the Mario Kart app fully offers, Mario Kart for the Switch has been out since the Switch launch date. So the games shouldn't really be competing that much from that time gap. It would make less sense for a Smash app to be revealed this soon or when dlc is still being added to be bought. If they do make a Smash game app, they should hold off for at least two years like Mario Kart did.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Granted I don't have game apps and don't know what the Mario Kart app fully offers, Mario Kart for the Switch has been out since the Switch launch date. So the games shouldn't really be competing that much from that time gap. It would make less sense for a Smash app to be revealed this soon or when dlc is still being added to be bought. If they do make a Smash game app, they should hold off for at least two years like Mario Kart did.
Deluxe is still a pretty good seller as old as it is.

Besides, a mobile Smash, as you said, would be Smash lite. The full experience is still console restricted. I mean, Pocket Camp came out within, what, a year of the new one coming? I think you may be overestimating how much the mobile game would chip away at Ultimate. For one, the roster would likely be much, much smaller.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Having played nearly every Nintendo mobile offering I get the feeling they'd gacha style the roster. You'd start with maybe Mario or Kirby and have to unlock everyone else through "smash balls".

The characters would naturally have levels, something to grind up their stats with.

It'll take five Smash Balls to attempt to unlock something and you can get dupes of the same character. Don't worry though because you can Smash Fuse these characters into a stronger version of themselves and get stat increases as a result.

They'll also add Geno, Waluigi, Rex and Isaac as an incentive to force you to pay for the premium account. You can unlock them totally free but their drop rate is something like 0.23% whilst you can guarantee them if you're willing to fork out £19.99 or $25 for the "Smash Master pack"

Every character will eventually get added but the starter roster (who you have to unlock) would be somewhat like this:
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultfalcon::ultike::ultbowser::ultsonic::ultpit::ultisabelle::ultinkling:

Sebas22

Smash Journeyman
Having played nearly every Nintendo mobile offering I get the feeling they'd gacha style the roster. You'd start with maybe Mario or Kirby and have to unlock everyone else through "smash balls".

The characters would naturally have levels, something to grind up their stats with.

It'll take five Smash Balls to attempt to unlock something and you can get dupes of the same character. Don't worry though because you can Smash Fuse these characters into a stronger version of themselves and get stat increases as a result.

They'll also add Geno, Waluigi, Rex and Isaac as an incentive to force you to pay for the premium account. You can unlock them totally free but their drop rate is something like 0.23% whilst you can guarantee them if you're willing to fork out £19.99 or $25 for the "Smash Master pack"

Every character will eventually get added but the starter roster (who you have to unlock) would be somewhat like this:
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultfalcon::ultike::ultbowser::ultsonic::ultpit::ultisabelle::ultinkling:
Here's how the process of unlocking characters goes: They'll bring back this comfy mode, but the catch... it only accepts real money.
1529739867714.png

Not only that, just like the custom moves in WiiU/3DS, you can get the same character multiple times. You also have to unlock both colors and skins separately. Good luck, gamers!

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I think the best way to start with this version, is with a demo version, that way, it will bring fans to get hyped bout the game, as well as fixing things in the future.

Demo Roaster: :ultmario::ultbowser::ultrosalina::ultdk::ultlink:, Midna, :ultsamus::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::249::ultlucario::ultmarth::ultness::ultpit::ultinkling::ulticeclimbers::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultryu::ultsnake:

I think that would make a good demo roaster, but my version of the mobile version is still a W.I.P, but I'm still planning it.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Again, Snake seems exceptionally unlikely for a limited roster. Banjo and Kazooie as well.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I've considered Ryu and Pac-Man for the Demo version, but Snake and Banjo and Kazooie are chosen due to popularity. Plus Snake was in Ultimate's Demo.

I may change it however.

Arthur97

Smash Master
I've considered Ryu and Pac-Man for the Demo version, but Snake and Banjo and Kazooie are chosen due to popularity. Plus Snake was in Ultimate's Demo.

I may change it however.
If you think Snake is more popular than say, Ryu, you seem to be deluding yourself. His presence in the demo (which I didn't even know about) is easily enough explained as him being back.

I still think third parties might be harder for a mobile release too, so don't count on too many at least at start. They save them for DLC for a reason (even if it's a flawed reason).

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I'll change it ok

Banjo and Kazooie are replaced by Ryu, so things will even out.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
You don't have to change anything, I'm just pointing out how unlikely it seems. Especially with Konami being...Konami. To that end, you replaced the wrong one. At least the bear and bird have a strong fanbase within Nintendo's own. Snake is lacking any real Nintendoyness and he's overshadowed by the likes of Cloud.

Again though, I wouldn't expect many if any third parties at launch. They might do Sonic (or Ryu if Sakurai really wants to insert SF).

Last edited:

Coolboy

Smash Journeyman
another game where i badly want to summon certain characters but i get the ones i don't want? i rather not..Dokkan & FEH are good at that already but admittedly FEH has been very kind to me with the summons lately ^^''

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I really would prefer that Smash doesn't go this direction. I'm tired of the gacha practices that have been running rampant in the gaming industry lately.

Arthur97

Smash Master
It honestly doesn't bother me that much so long as it stays mobile. The key to these games is to accept you won't get everything if you play for free and to learn how to manage resources so that you are fairly likely to get what you want without paying a dime.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
If Smash goes mobile it won't matter to me since I won't play it. Not if it's some gacha-infested platform with intrusive microtransactions.

But if they did, they probably wouldn't have any third parties aside from the "Smash 4 trio" (:ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultpacman:), and even that's a stretch since it would be way too much work to negotiate so many third party IP's for a mobile game. I also can't see them making the game too big in terms of data/storage so people ca actually have space to play it on their phone. The roster probably wouldn't exceed 25 fighters, and the controls would be wack.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
If SSB was a mobile game, it’d most likely be like MKT with the gacha system where players start with Mario or Kirby.
I’d assume that the base roster would just start with the original 8, Bowser, Pit, Villager, Miis, and Inkling, and there would be new characters biweekly or monthly. Base stages would probably be FD, Battlefield, a Mushroom Kingdom map, Jungle Japes or Kongo Jungle, a Pokemon Stadium, Dream Land, Temple, Smashville, Brinstar, Corneria, a Yoshi’s Island Map, Morray Towers, and Sky World.
For third parties, they would probably come after a year or so, starting with Sonic and Pac-Man.
It’d probably be a single player series of battles each month where you gain in game currency like MKT.
There might be some practice stock/time matches.
I’m unsure if gameplay would be 1v1 only or up to 4 players
Depending on its success, there might be multiplayer compatibility later.
Here is a potential list of updates to the roster in order
:ultmarth::ultluigi::ultzelda::ultpeach::ultcharizard::ultshulk::ultolimar::ultisabelle::ultwario::ulttoonlink::ultfalcon::ultlucario:
:ultsonic::ultkingdedede::ultdiddy::ultike::ultness::ultpacman::ultmegaman::ultganondorf::ultgnw::ultmetaknight::ultridley::ultkrool:
I’d put Ice Climbers in because I like them, but I don‘t think they would work on mobile.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Villager is definitely there(he's the main character of the series and represents the core gameplay. Isabelle is a secondary character to that and is meant to add on to that factor while representing all of her neat personality). A good chuck of the FE characters would be there, By the end of it, all would come back. For base, I'd give it to Marth, Ike, Lucina, at least. Roy and Chrom are the ones least likely to come back, and it's unclear if the avatars would be an issue in any way. Corrin could be one if the transformations would be too much for mobile, but I doubt that.

All the Mario, Yoshi, DK, and Wario franchise I see staying too. Bowser JR. is the only one that might be iffy, if the mechanics are too hard to make work on mobile.

Now, Zelda is where it gets iffy. I could see only one of the child Links staying, but both could stay too. The entire cast all share importance in their own right.

Most 3rd parties probably would stay, but they could easily be gone depending upon how well licensing goes. It's highly mixed.

The other various one-franchises are mostly likely to all stay, since they don't have any issues being in alone. If they cut some, it'll likely be stuff that aren't nearly as popular, but most of them are. The only one with some backlash is, well, Wii Fit Trainer, and their mechanics doesn't look taxing. If they are massively downsizing, I could see some of these go, though. Ice Climbers is the only one who has a strong chance of being cut otherwise, if any.

Pokemon I don't see any cuts easily, especially since mobile means it's not that hard to throw quick gameplay clones in. That's literally the only thing that would've made Pichu easy to cut. Now, if there is issues on mobile due to gameplay stuff, then I could see only Charizard staying. But the rest I don't see any reason for them to be cut at this point.

Both Mother characters are pretty easily staying, same with Star Fox, since they're all easy to work with.

For any particular third parties, I feel like Bayonetta's harder ties with Nintendo gives her a good chance, if she wouldn't give any technical issues. Sonic is an obvious yes, but Joker could go either way at that point. Banjo & Kazooie seems easy, due to being a simplistic character, but that depends upon if Steve being in was part of an earlier reason why B&K got in. We don't know for sure how important Minecraft was to it alone. Though I could see Steve being gone for technical reasons. Cloud and Sephiroth could go either way. Terry feels fairly safe at this point, since he was very easy to get the content of. Hero might actually be too much with the rng and magic, but otherwise, I think he'd stay. Pac-Man is a no-brainer. MegaMan, Ryu, and Ken shouldn't be an issue, though MegaMan is the only one with some technical stuff at best, and he frankly doesn't have anything that looks taxing.

I don't see any of the Kid Icarus characters getting cut either. Pit is easy. Dark Pit is just as easy. Palutena's notable enough. If the clones all go, Dark Pit is a goner, but that's it(that would also include Dr. Mario, Chrom, Lucina, and any echo otherwise. Except Richter, cause I don't see why he'd be cut when he plays too similarly Simon, so they're kind of a pair in this case). Snake is dependant upon Konami like the previous too.

...No, I don't have a good way to organize my thoughts, sorry.

I think I covered a lot of the general cast.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I think that if Smash was a mobile game, it would be like Pokemon Masters, where characters are randomly drawn using Smash Gems, sold at the prices of .99, 4.99, 9.99, 19.99, 49.99 and 99.99. Better spend them now or else you won't be able to unlock Dark Samus.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
What if this hypothetical Smash Bros. was called 'Super Smash Bros. Micron,' where the roster (barring the 'founding fathers,' Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Kirby, Yoshi, and Samus) is determined by each character's fame, developer, and track record for appearing in mobile games. For example, there could be a round-table discussion about which developers are prioritized (to include certain key names like Nintendo and its subsidiaries, obviously). Then the choice is filtered down to whether and how frequently the nominees have appeared in mobile games. Next, the characters' overall fame and popularity are weighed. Finally, the characters are chosen by ranked elimination up to a pre-established number, the roster size, which will undoubtedly be much smaller than any console game.

The characters in Micron would be proportionally smaller in comparison to the stages; and the offstage margins, larger with stage selection featuring more centralized maps to make more room for specialized touchscreen controls that compensate for the loss of easy-to-use control sticks by having dedicated interface responsible for advanced inputs, such as foxtrotting.

It would have a very rude story that runs something like this: All of the smashers were pooling their resources to make an outstanding video game when suddenly, Dr. Crygor reveals his new machine that shrinks any video game object that is controllable by a 'mysterious force' (the player), with the attached paper stating this. In a horrible accident (or not) all of the Smashers find themselves shrunk down to... something. All, that is, except Bowser, the final boss and fighter unlockable off of the nth stage of arcade mode...

Top Bottom