• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Enigma Machine [1.1.1] Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Something like this will definitely be patched out really soon without breaking any replays, similar to the Mewtwo bugs of 1.0.6.

Zeth444

Smash Apprentice
Thats new, right?
Or am I Crazy? I never really finished The Classic Mode with DuckHunt but Im sure this is new.
Apeared right when I ofende The game after updating it.

Attachments

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So if Diddy is shielding a multihit (doesn't need to be locking him in shield) and presses A, he becomes invulnerable to grabs.

Okay.

theyellowflash26

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theyellowflash26
3DS FC
3153-5006-0716
So if Diddy is shielding a multihit (doesn't need to be locking him in shield) and presses A, he becomes invulnerable to grabs.

Okay.
Can confirm. Able to recreate this multiple times. However, it seems Diddy losing a life makes this go away. Also if seems to occur only when Diddy gets hit out of his grab animation.

Last edited:

G0ldskull

Smash Rookie
In Esams Stream when he was testing pikachu, forward air no longer "locks" you onto your opponents shield. Retreating Pikachu forward air is now safe on shield.

theyellowflash26

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theyellowflash26
3DS FC
3153-5006-0716
There was a problem fetching the tweet
So then does Diddy just have to do something out of shield for it to happen? Whenever I shield grabbed with Diddy and got the grab, the glitch wouldn't happen. Does he just have to be hit while doin something?

Jaxas

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaxas7
So then does Diddy just have to do something out of shield for it to happen? Whenever I shield grabbed with Diddy and got the grab, the glitch wouldn't happen. Does he just have to be hit while doin something?
There was a problem fetching the tweet

I'm basically just getting my info from NickRiddle's twitter though, so I can't confirm/deny anything.
But I'm not even seeing anything about a banana here, which would be even more concerning

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Update: He doesn't have to do anything out of shield.

He just has to drop shield

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Can someone check Mii Fighters, specifically the Swordfighter? Someone in the Competitive Impressions thread says there seem to be a whole bunch of Mii Swordfighter changes in Dantarion's dumps, but they're not sure if that's from 1.0.8 to now or from 1.1.1 to now or across all patches ever or what.

Last edited:

theyellowflash26

Smash Apprentice
NNID
theyellowflash26
3DS FC
3153-5006-0716
I tested Diddy's grab glitch with multiple characters
On 3DS, it seems if a Diddy escapes your grab, you can't grab him again for a certain window of time
Then I saw it was the same on all characters
Did that happen in 1.1.0?
Lol. That's an intended system mechanic.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Can someone check Mii Fighters, specifically the Swordfighter? Someone in the Competitive Impressions thread says there seem to be a whole bunch of Mii Swordfighter changes in Dantarion's dumps, but they're not sure if that's from 1.0.8 to now or from 1.1.1 to now or across all patches ever or what.
No changes that I can see on Swordfighter.

He got a ton of buffs a couple patches ago tho.

BlueLuxning

Smash Rookie
NNID
thundergiant206
3DS FC
4682-8633-8400
When I put up shield again, you can grab Diddy. Can someone confirm this?
edit: nvm just deconfirmed ut myself

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That will get patched out ASAP as soon as they see it.

edit: more about the glitch,

[Update]

• Evidently if Diddy’s shield is attacked (shield stabs don’t count), then the glitch will be removed and he will be back to normal.
  • Testing is finished, and it is confirmed that Diddy is the only character affected by this.

Not as game breaking but there are ways around it if you know he did the glitch.

Last edited:

EarthBoundEnigma

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EarthBoundEnigma
Are the patch notes complete? Some characters are missing stars.
I'd like to know before I go into the lab to start searching for more obscure changes.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
I really wish Nintendo released patch notes...

I've been looking through Sheik's changes, and the only thing I can find is on her needles, and I have no idea what it means. Can anyone help?

BlueLuxning

Smash Rookie
NNID
thundergiant206
3DS FC
4682-8633-8400
Big House 5 starts in 2 days.
Diddy has a glitch that makes characters less viable.

Sm4sh, especially Doubles, is gonna get rocked if this isn't patched A.S.A.P.

Lavani

Indigo Destiny
Big House 5 starts in 2 days.
Diddy has a glitch that makes characters less viable.

Sm4sh, especially Doubles, is gonna get rocked if this isn't patched A.S.A.P.
Big House 5 is using the previous patch.

Dogmaster

Smash Cadet
Are the patch notes complete? Some characters are missing stars.
I'd like to know before I go into the lab to start searching for more obscure changes.
I posted some changes to links walkspeed apparently, wanted to know if maybe his walkspeed or air mobility has changed, he has one of the worst on the game

SolCalibre

One of UK's Best Sonics, apparently.
NNID
Solcalibur64

There was once a problem..

Phew, glad that's sorted...

But no really, Nintendo need to fix this as soon as possible.

Last edited:

ORANGEtheGORILLa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ORANGEtheGORILLA
3DS FC
0387-9268-8964

There was once a problem..

Phew, glad that's sorted...

But no really, Nintendo need to fix this as soon as possible.
Wow, already?
Nintendo was pretty quick to that one
the last time :4diddy: was good it took them 3 months to patch

Deadlybroth

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rngo1214
3DS FC
3265-5101-5866
For question 1, no jumping and other natural oos options do not cancel or reduce shield stun. They only ignore shield drop frames.
I think you mean shield lock frames.
Shield lock is when you're stuck in shield after missing the powershield window, in which you can't drop shield but you can do any oos option.
Shield drop frames occur after letting go of shield after shield lock frames, and cannot be interrupted by anything.

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
I think you mean shield lock frames.
Shield lock is when you're stuck in shield after missing the powershield window, in which you can't drop shield but you can do any oos option.
Shield drop frames occur after letting go of shield after shield lock frames, and cannot be interrupted by anything.
OoS options can be performed directly from shield animation, and as such they do indeed prevent you from suffering shield drop frames.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So either Sonic got hitstun buff, or combo counter got a bit more broke.

side B to upair > up B > upair was never a true registered combo.

Now it is.

wuut

Depth_

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoDepth
It's looking like aerials got a lot better this patch. Jabs and tilts aren't looking that great. Is it because of auto-canceling and forcing landing lag? I'd like to see values for some other characters. Link probably has a lot of frame advantage on his aerials now...

Pyr

Smash Lord
Inb4 another global engine change and hitstun is calculated differently.
Umm.... There might be something to this. Luigi can no longer short hop Fair > Fair > Doublejump (3 frame window for DJ) if he hits someone for both. However, he CAN do it if it doesn't hit anything. Tested this myself. This is a change, since it was possible prior to 1.1.1.

Perhaps current upward/downward momentum used to stall on hit, but now it doesn't, breaking some things and making new things possible.

Last edited:

JamietheAuraUser

Smash Lord
Umm.... There might be something to this. Luigi can no longer short hop Fair > Fair > Doublejump (3 frame window for DJ) if he hits someone for both. However, he CAN do it if it doesn't hit anything. Tested this myself. This is a change, since it was possible prior to 1.1.1.
Aerial movement continued during hitlag? Might explain both this and the Sonic UAir thing.

Pyr

Smash Lord
Aerial movement continued during hitlag? Might explain both this and the Sonic UAir thing.
That's what I'm thinking, ya. I mean, it's a 3 frame window, but we have a 10 frame buffer to input the jump, so I really doubt I miss-inputted it the 20 times I tried to DJ out of double Fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom