• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Enigma Machine [1.1.1] Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReRaze

'Nee Sama
NNID
ReRaze
3DS FC
0705-3321-7681
I'm very curious about this too, the fact that there seem to have been a few attacks changed to be weaker on shield sort of implies that shields might be weaker overall as well? I don't remember reading anything about it so far but it would sorta explain a bit, as a pretty major discussion has been shields lasting too long/being too safe.
That would be a pretty good universal change, yeah your right shields are a very strong option in this game. But I doubt that is the case :/

Last edited:

TriTails

Smash Lord
Thinkaman Thinkaman Can you test Luigi's U-throw? I used to be able to do U-throw -> triple F-airs on Mario at 0%, now can't due to the seemingly less base knockback. Did his jab 3 also gained less base knockback too?

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Just did a quick test with custom Palutena on Battlefield on version 1.1.1 Wii U and I'm unable to do the infinite Lightweight glitch which I was easily able to pull off before.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Thinkaman Thinkaman What do those Robin changes do exactly (the multipliers)
No idea. Possibly nothing we care about.

Thinkaman Thinkaman Can you test Luigi's U-throw? I used to be able to do U-throw -> triple F-airs on Mario at 0%, now can't due to the seemingly less base knockback. Did his jab 3 also gained less base knockback too?
It's unchanged.

Can someone please check Palutena. I tested her in training and she seems allot better. Up throw is a combo throw, you can act quicker after down throw down throw, fair has more kbg, down and forward smash feel a little faster too, jab feels and looks quicker but you can't juggle with it anymore, and fair seems like it has less end lag and landing lag
I can't detect any of these, but I'm going by feel. We don't have this data yet.

Just did a quick test with custom Palutena on Battlefield on version 1.1.1 Wii U and I'm unable to do the infinite Lightweight glitch which I was easily able to pull off before.
I can confirm this on my end!

Constadin

Smash Apprentice
I guess no change for ROB right? someone already asked and got ignored ^^

Horseketchup

Smash Cadet
Well...dair spike increase is kind of eh since the d throw increased growth set up for it makes it harder to set up the spike. And the hitbox for up b is only for the custom up b firey ump punch...which still stinks. (People do underestimate how potent jab to up b is though which was unchanged thank Arceus.) what we DID gain for Luigi was d throw to up b grounded on fast fallers only at 0 percent, so that's a free 31% at least. And a slightly stronger d smash but u smash is still superior
Ahh I misread thought it was regular up-b, that's a good point about dthrow setting it up but at least dair spikes much easier now in general. Just glad some stuff is there to compensate for the loss of his most central kill setup, lower % dthrow up-b's sound good too.

Forgot about down smash, do you know around how much % earlier this makes it kill? At the very least this should stop the overdramatic luigi hate lol, he's been toned down but still has some real good tools and frame data. His changes a lone make this patch worthit in my eyes.

Viper580

Smash Rookie
Could be entirely placebo or just me horribly misjudging distances on the 3DS screen, but it definitely feels like Little Mac's normal Side B goes farther in the air. Not to the original amount, but it's still a seemingly noticeable improvement. Also, is it me or is Ganondorf's Nair a LOT better? That and I feel like dash attack didn't do 14% before.

PHP

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PHPalutena
Falco's blaster has less startup and cool down

His side be when used in the air has similar landing lag to Fox's now

NEKO'

Smash Rookie
NNID
Moaksey
Could be entirely placebo or just me horribly misjudging distances on the 3DS screen, but it definitely feels like Little Mac's normal Side B goes farther in the air. Not to the original amount, but it's still a seemingly noticeable improvement. Also, is it me or is Ganondorf's Nair a LOT better? That and I feel like dash attack didn't do 14% before.
ganon's nair did indeed change and true combo's out of a dthrow after like..45% i think it was?
a friend of mine who's a ganon main is really happy.

Viper580

Smash Rookie
ganon's nair did indeed change and true combo's out of a dthrow after like..45% i think it was?
a friend of mine who's a ganon main is really happy.
Oh my, that IS good news for Ganondorf mains like myself. Also it seems really hard to only hit the first kick on the Nair now too, so probably sped up the 2nd kick overall. I only wish his dash grab wasn't so awful.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Nair got buffed, DA always did 14%.

Last edited:

kro_

Smash Apprentice
Don't worry, they just messed with customs this patch. I guess the buffs are coming the next patch, which shouldn't be that far away. The ballot is ending soon, so we can probably expect a character somewhat soon.

Rashyboy05

Your Average Touhou fan~
3DS FC
4570-8659-2698
Don't worry, they just messed with customs this patch. I guess the buffs are coming the next patch, which shouldn't be that far away. The ballot is ending soon, so we can probably expect a character somewhat soon.
This is implying if Sakurai began working with a character while the ballot is still going on. Making a character isn't easy. Remember, it took Sakurai around 6 months for him to release Mewtwo for DLC.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Was Marth's shield breaker change an adjustment to a shield change, and wasn't a nerf or was it an actual nerf? It makes no sense to nerf a move that was already hard enough to actually be able to use to shield break as it is and I'm hearing about this universal get up ledge shield change, so I want to make sure.

kro_

Smash Apprentice
This is implying if Sakurai began working with a character while the ballot is still going on. Making a character isn't easy. Remember, it took Sakurai around 6 months for him to release Mewtwo for DLC.
We have no idea how the ballot works, they don't have to bring the winner to the game. They could very well have just used it as an indicator and started developing at once the ballot had gained some traction.

kro_

Smash Apprentice
If the winner was an order of magnitude more requested than another character with a strong lategame voting push, it would be bad publicity not to, regardless of the development costs.
Of course, but that isn't my point. They don't have to pick just one, single character from the ballot. If one character is already dominating, there's nothing stopping them in beginning development before the ballot is over.

Last edited:

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
Was Marth's shield breaker change an adjustment to a shield change, and wasn't a nerf or was it an actual nerf? It makes no sense to nerf a move that was already hard enough to actually be able to use to shield break as it is and I'm hearing about this universal get up ledge shield change, so I want to make sure.
The universal change is a nerf to the getup attack one does when they have missed a tech and are lying on the floor (so nothing to do with ledge getups), specifically the amount of shield damage it does. The Shield Breaker nerf is a completely separate thing, they're even different numbers (-2 for getup attack and -5 for Shield Breaker). Yes it is a direct nerf.

Also it'd be good if people could stop asking about muh main and just check the OP or use the handy search function (which is also detailed in the OP). Like, c'mon.

BTFO_lewd_goddess

Smash Rookie
Can someone please check Palutena. I tested her in training and she seems allot better. Up throw is a combo throw, you can act quicker after down throw down throw, fair has more kbg, down and forward smash feel a little faster too, jab feels and looks quicker but you can't juggle with it anymore, and fair seems like it has less end lag and landing lag
This is all false, all of it. I've tested everything with an unpatched 3DS and a patched Wii U, and once again Sakurai didn't even bother with Palutena. I don't even see how you can say Up throw is a combo throw, I can't even move at all. No seriously.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Alright, I think I'm also "done" with everything that's come from Thinkaman. This stuff never gets "easier" or any less delirium inducing. Oh well~
Also there is very likely frame data (and other attribute) changes in this patch; we'll have to wait or try to figure them out ourselves.

I tested Fox's throws:
fthrow: 4.0% first hit, 3.0% second hit
bthrow: 2.0% throw, 2.0% per laser (8.0% total)
uthrow: 2.0% throw, 2.0% per laser (8.0% total)
dthrow: 1.0% throw, 2.0% per laser (7.0% total)

Unchanged from previous versions.
Hmm, I double checked this as well and you're certainly correct (5 instances = 40%). The mystery of what's now 1.5% I wonder?

I'm pretty sure it's "Garlic Breath N-special 3 start up increased by 1 frame?"
Considering I was personally going into the game to get the proper names of these specials and I still messed that up? Need food/sleep whoops

Comparing the damage from Olimar with Myran's guide http://smashboards.com/threads/pikmin-management-and-more-a-ssb4-guide-to-olimar.374924/

I found out that the dthrow does less damage with each Pikmin color. Means:
Dthrow 6% -> 5% (red)
Dthrow 8% -> 7% (yellow)
Dthrow 12% -> 11% (blue)
Dthrow von 8% auf 7% (white)
Dthrow von 8% auf 7% (purple)
This is interesting, can we get any further clarification or confirmation ?
Make sure your target isn't Bowser and you're getting values from training mode and not in game.

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
Edit:

This post was reserved for Marth changes. I fell for the placebo.

He apparently wasn't changed at all except for a Shield Breaker shield damage nerf. So now it's... just a kill move? What was the point of that? It's literally named after its ability to break shields. They should have focused on fixing his moveset.
  • He has many blind spots due to missing frames and small hitboxes (both jabs, ftilt, utilt, fsmash, fair, uair, dair, up b).
  • He has bad moves (Dash Attack, Dsmash, and DB1) that need attention.
  • Dancing Blade doesn't connect properly (DB2 goes right under their feet).
  • His throws don't do enough damage and his "combo" throws have the combination of too much knockback and too much end lag for follow-ups.
  • His autocancel windows are crap.
This isn't even the half of it. He's still a character that while heavily buffed compared to 1.0.0, relies way too much on kill power and rage. Maybe next patch.
To give you hope... This was a very minor patch, and mostly for customs.
I expect to see samus to get buffed further, and a few character angles and hitboxes to be changed (I look at you, Palutena).

So don't loose too much hope. He'll get his chance next time.

And to contribute a bit, I tested a few combos on roy... which all still works. Noticed no changes yet.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So...no Sheik nerf at the end ?
(Because you deleted the Sheik section)

Last edited by a moderator:

TheWozny

Smash Ace
NNID
Woznito
I feel like Samus's Forward throw has more "knockback" + sending enemies at a lower angle, any other Samus mains confirm?

Kon

Smash Journeyman
This is interesting, can we get any further clarification or confirmation ?
Make sure your target isn't Bowser and you're getting values from training mode and not in game.
My information is from the training mode. I've checked it myself on Lucas on omega battlefield. So my values should be right. I've tested every Pikmin multiple times in training mode. I'm also pretty sure, that Myran got his information for damage output(the one he used in his guide) from training mode as well.
Also I can already confirm that there were no changes in terms of damage for his smash attacks, aerials, his tilts, his dash attack or his jab. Pummel is the same as well. (as I've said, compared to the numbers from Myran's guide) I've checked everything with every Pikmin color and the dthrow change was the only one I noticed.

WinterWonter

Smash Apprentice
NNID
mikael72202
3DS FC
5241-2891-3126
Why did they just buff a bunch of custom moves? What the hell is this? They barely *actually* nerfed/buffed people who deserved it except for like... Luigi. Unless they're bringing customs to for glory with no equipment I'm actually kind of annoyed.

ShiroSSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
Sycho-Ashura777
3DS FC
5026-4570-3155
Why did they just buff a bunch of custom moves? What the hell is this? They barely *actually* nerfed/buffed people who deserved it except for like... Luigi. Unless they're bringing customs to for glory with no equipment I'm actually kind of annoyed.
This is just a random guess but you know, we've had like a ton of buffs and nerfs for regular specials so I guess Sakurai thought customs needed to be "balanced" in order to fit with the current damage ratios most characters deal so they don't stand out.
But seriously this update was pathetic. Aside from the stages and costumes of course..<3

Last edited:

LordTakeo

Master of Mediocre
This is just a random guess but you know, we've had like a ton of buffs and nerfs for regular specials so I guess Sakurai thought customs needed to be "balanced" in order to fit with the current damage ratios most characters deal so they don't stand out.
But seriously this update was pathetic.
I'd rather be happy we GET updates. And there are more modes than just 1v1 no items... Anyways...
I noticed a slight increase in endlag for Sheik needles and grenade.
I noticed that aswell, but can also be just placebo.

Zeepington

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zeeper
Puff has less Bair land lag. You might want to check that though, it's just how it feels more than proof.

She also can fast fall earlier if I'm right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom