• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Mario Enigma Machine [1.1.1] Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
No changes to Lucas.

Lucina Shield Breaker Shield damage decreased from 30 to 25. (Will check marth soon...) No other changes.

Wow, Luigi has a ton of changes. Skipping.

Nothing on Mario, but Doc has a few.

Last edited:

Boost4u

Smash Cadet
Since this hasn't been said yet any changes on wario? I'm almost ready to test him. Imma go through things like dash attack SP hitting airborne targets and his kill options. If anyone already did some testing lemme know.

Luigi dthrow nerfed is welcomed

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Hm. I take back what I said. I don't know the specifics, but his customs got changed. HBJ + Upper Cutter goes higher than Balloon Trip, and for some reason HB has a hilt hitbox now that does 18%.

EDIT: It got a frame data related buff, too. F-Throw > HB is a true combo now.

Last edited:

Hirasawa

Smash Rookie
Unless the low tiers got buffed heavily to compensate for Luigi's D throw [He wasn't even OP] and Sheik got nerfed, I think I'm taking a break from Smash 4. Yes I'm salty. I need water.
Luigi kind of completely deserved those nerfs. He's literally right below the top 5, and he's super easy to play effectively.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Doc down-b custom 3 buffed from 8% to 10% or 12% depending on the hitbox; the 12% hitbox is also bigger and has knockback adjustments.

No other doc changes.

Marth also had shield breaker nerfed from 30 shield damage bonus to 25. No other changes.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
LUIGIS DOWNTHROW IS COMPLETE GARBO! :(

You can't even do double fair anymore. Back to the B-Tier you go Luigi, my dear friend.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
LUIGIS DOWNTHROW IS COMPLETE GARBO! :(

You can't even do double fair anymore. Back to the B-Tier you go Luigi, my dear friend.
I knew something was up after I noticed Peach flying high at 170%...

Luigi wasn't even THAT OP. His traction is poor and now he hasn't really got much reliable kill setups.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
I literally cannot tell from the time I spent on it that SB does less shield damage. And that means the throw stuff I reported are placebo too. I need to go to bed. And I'll be going to bed pissed because a character that needs FIXES (not buffs) wasn't fixed... only nerfed.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Meta knight custom up-b 3 final hitbox is increased in size from 7.0 to 7.2 and lasts 2 frames longer. No other changes.

Freelance Spy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Freelancespy87
3DS FC
4570-7985-7965
Lucina shield breaker nerfed. I am going to start a riot now. No, a strike. And a miiverse revolution.

Last edited:

Hirasawa

Smash Rookie
Not when he had no national results to speak of and Sheik walks away untouched. It would have been more forgiving if the actual better characters [Sheik, ZSS, Rosalina] got nerfed with it but so far apparently they weren't. That's not ok.
Just because a character doesn't get national results doesn't mean they don't deserve nerfs. Fox's jab cancel was bad for the game, and I hated to see it go, but it had to. Same story for Luigi's freeest of free kill confirmed combos.
I'm all for Shiek and the other top tiers getting nerfed though, so don't get me wrong there.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Unless the low tiers got buffed heavily to compensate for Luigi's D throw [He wasn't even OP] and Sheik got nerfed, I think I'm taking a break from Smash 4. Yes I'm salty. I need water.
He honestly doesn't feel that much different, or at least I'm not stressing over the loss of our Hoo Haa, it's the Down-throw Up-B people need to be worried about now.

NextPain

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nextpain
User was warned for this post
Meta Knight's up air has more knockback can anyone else confirm

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Start up on Mega Man's Dair feels faster. I cannot confirm, but seems like by 8-10-ish frames

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
The customs meta sure is looking good.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
You're probably on a floaty character like Zelda. Try to do it on Ryu. Nothing.
Been doing it on ganon, a character who my friend has mained since 3ds alongside me maining Luigi since then, so I'd notice if I couldn't do something anymore, and EVERYTHING is still there except the cyclone kill.

PXslayer

Smash Rookie
NNID
petersake
User was warned for this post
Feels like kirbys knockback on back air was buffed. Plz confirm

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
No changes to Villager or Ness, except for a change to Ness's PK Fire 3. It now does 2% on hit and 9% on trigger, from 1%/8%. The trigger hitbox hits sooner, and is smaller but closer.

WindHero

Smash Regalia
3DS FC
3866-8030-1688
To me, it seems like the community heavily exaggerates the effect of these buffs and nerfs, and seems to think top tier means as much as it did in Brawl. I mean, Sheik isn't that broken, she has flaws, it's just hard to fight her a lot of times. Yet, I don't see noobs picking her up and automatically winning. Likewise, Luigi can't be that much worse for wear...

Thinkaman, anything on Shulk, perchance? :)

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
To me, it seems like the community heavily exaggerates the effect of these buffs and nerfs, and seems to think top tier means as much as it did in Brawl. I mean, Sheik isn't that broken, she has flaws, it's just hard to fight her a lot of times. Yet, I don't see noobs picking her up and automatically winning. Likewise, Luigi can't be that much worse for wear...

Thinkaman, anything on Shulk, perchance? :)
Luigi does not feel much better or worse in the slightest. All this is going to do is have the same effect the first Diddy patch had, fish out the people who just play him for the easy kill set-up, but he's still very viable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom