• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Doubles Thread!+

steep

Smash Lord
Mario works well with heavy hitters in general I find because he has the ability to be good at setting up kills. His jabs are fast and have enough stun to set your opponent up for kills and his jab-jab-jab string always has low knockback so that is also good for setting stuff up. jab cancelling can hold an opponent for your ally as well. And back throw can be interrupted if they time it right. I've teamed with lots of characters though and honestly if you play it right Mario can be pretty decent. We already mentioned CMA, and Fludd has multiple uses (can push your ally while charging smashes, etc., automatically stops all momentum (can save your partner or hold an enemy in place for them to hit them multiple times with high damaging and knockback moves in a short amount of time), can also eliminate pesky projectiles, or throw off your opponent's spacing. I think Mario is much better in teams as long as he has a partner that can cover his weaknesses, IE kill power and crowd control capabilities. He is a good support character, and can camp the ledge like a mofo if he needs to. I love doubles so I'm really happy to see this being talked about.

Oh by the way my favorite team is DK + Mario.

DK Cargo throw (forward, then down) -> Mario Footstool -> DK dtilt lock (1x) -> Mario jab lock -> Fully charged DK down smash -> Mario Cape Momentum Acceleration.

'Nough said.

(My roommate and I got this combo recorded when we were playing some friendlies with a few people. :p )

BSP

Smash Legend
Mario works well with heavy hitters in general I find because he has the ability to be good at setting up kills. His jabs are fast and have enough stun to set your opponent up for kills and his jab-jab-jab string always has low knockback so that is also good for setting stuff up. jab cancelling can hold an opponent for your ally as well. And back throw can be interrupted if they time it right. I've teamed with lots of characters though and honestly if you play it right Mario can be pretty decent. We already mentioned CMA, and Fludd has multiple uses (can push your ally while charging smashes, etc., automatically stops all momentum (can save your partner or hold an enemy in place for them to hit them multiple times with high damaging and knockback moves in a short amount of time), can also eliminate pesky projectiles, or throw off your opponent's spacing. I think Mario is much better in teams as long as he has a partner that can cover his weaknesses, IE kill power and crowd control capabilities. He is a good support character, and can camp the ledge like a mofo if he needs to. I love doubles so I'm really happy to see this being talked about.

Oh by the way my favorite team is DK + Mario.

DK Cargo throw (forward, then down) -> Mario Footstool -> DK dtilt lock (1x) -> Mario jab lock -> Fully charged DK down smash -> Mario Cape Momentum Acceleration.

'Nough said.

(My roommate and I got this combo recorded when we were playing some friendlies with a few people. :p )

I agree with all of this.

Brawlman and I are going to show how double Mario is an amazing low tier team at Whobo.

steep

Smash Lord
Yeah thanks man. I'm psyched. Driving to Houston tonight. I just moved to Austin TX this week. So I'm a Texas Mario now I guess haha

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
The weather is so freaking hot down there, hope you can adjust to it esp for a mw mario player like yourself.

:pow:

steep

Smash Lord
Oh I adjusted Cwhip… We Mario's were hot ourselves at this event. Brawlman, Silent, BSP, and I were all at WHOBO 5. It was a blast. BSP and Brawlman could have won LT doubles, but had an unfortunate loss and ended up ONLY getting 4th. :p Ha Ha they were so good with double :mario2:

Also M2K said my Mario was really good after I got a 0-53% string in on Rich Brown's MK. This plumber's movin' on up!

Top Bottom