• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Controller Setup

Counterpwnt

Smash Rookie
NNID
Counterpwnt
Hey all!

I'm trying to dig a little deeper and get more out of my plumber. I have had a couple people mention alternate control schemes, like perhaps mapping Special to the C-Stick, or Shield to X/Y.

Other Marios, what's your setup and why? Right now, all I do is turn off Tap Jump.

Keman

Smash Apprentice
I have never heard of anyone mapping Special to the Cstick. I think what you maybe meant was the Dpad. I do that to get maximum height out of Tornado recovery.

Special to Dpad and tap jump off is all I do for Mario. then just swap to no control scheme for lucas or Falco or someone I need tap jump on for.

some people might map shield to the jump button they don't use but seems more common for people to map a taunt to there. I guess for footstooling but then they never footstool so don't ask me on that one.

It's also common I think for some people to map an attack button to a trigger they don't use for Dacus's and for easier cheat moonwalks, but Mario can't really do either of those (sadly) so not worth it for Mario.

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
I use a control scheme that is similar to default, but I map Y to d-taunt/footstool, d-pad to special, and turn off tap jump. If you don't mind sacrificing most/all of your taunts, map the d-pad to special so you can get ridiculous height on Mario Tornado, making your recovery crazy and allowing for better edgeguarding and mix ups (try tornadoing above someone).

Top Bottom