• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I wonder, if the new smash comes out, would mario have new moves? New ways to use the fludd?
So many things you can think of the new mario in smash 4....

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
ttyd: chpt 6, 3, kual key

Super paper mario had a few cool things about it.....
I liked M&L saga
_______
id be cool if Mario's recovery would be changed to shooting out of a star like in Galaxy!

Matt07

Smash Master
I never played Paper Mario :urg:.

@ Matador - I know, they could make Link amazing as well, but it's like the developers try too hard to nerf him :/.

:phone:

steep

Smash Lord
I liked M&L saga
This. I love Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga for GBA. Good Game. Kinda easy though if you get good at dodging your opponents attacks because you can give mario the double give and take badge thing and then wear overalls that give you hp up jump and own everything cus he does so much damage and also heals himself. lol

Plus, bros combos with double damage are the ****. Knockback bros does 108 damage if I **** up. If i get it right, it does like 250! lol

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
They should make M&L 4 for wii
Both Mario and Luigi doing team combo's and stuff using wii motion stuff would be cool!

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
@ Matador - I know, they could make Link amazing as well, but it's like the developers try too hard to nerf him :/.

No excuse for this, imo. Link should be awesome...

Btw, my wifi is being terrible atm. Has been for the last few days. That's the only reason I didn't AIM you or something for wifi matches.

Lag is da wurst.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I'm sure everyone here has a hack wii. (Homebrew Channel)
My's been hack since last april. So fun having diff stage textures, outfit character textures
& music on brawl. On battlefield.....My fav song to brawl to is 2012 soundtrack-Vitaliy Zavadskyy. imo, bess song to brawl to.
Almost makes me feel, "Super human" haha. Anyone here has a favorite song to brawl to?

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I dont hav a hacked wii...
im afraid of the 50% of installing it could, mess my wee up for good

MP8

Smash Journeyman
Give Mario the Wing Cap so he can glide. That would make recovery a little better. That item has been underused and was in only one game, just like FLUDD. Yet FLUDD was put in Mario's moveset.

Matt07

Smash Master
No excuse for this, imo. Link should be awesome...

Btw, my wifi is being terrible atm. Has been for the last few days. That's the only reason I didn't AIM you or something for wifi matches.

Lag is da wurst.
Haha, it's fine dude. Hopefully it get's better soon.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Also, from you jerk... I was the MW Mario that you forgot... and I probably play the three of them the most now!
Gah! You're right! You're probably the one of the list I've played against the most too.
Oops, sorry XD

TTYD: Twilight Town/Creepy Steeple 94% for Dooplis who is the best boss ever. Glitzville for second.

SPM: Obviously the Whoa Zone, there is no competition.
200% Agreed!

I didn't know SPM was bad, lol.

That's the only paper Mario I've played.

It's not bad, per se, it just REALLY pales in comparison to the others, was really short, had little replay value, and honestly, it's not really a Paper Mario/Mario RPG game.

I've never played any mario rpg's......I think. Super mario 64 ftw!
Fix this. Fix it now or be banished from the Mario boards... *Cue ominous music* FOREVER!

As for a new moveset for the new smash game, I doubt it. They haven't really changed him up much throughout the series. I do think Paper Mario should be his own character with his own unique moveset though (I want to emphasize 'unique'. It really wouldn't be that hard to do.)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Shaq retires.

Good for him. Figured it was coming given how old he is, but the man should be remembered for his glory days.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
If they keep FLUDD in Marios moveset in Smash 4, they should give it the ability to squirt down and launch Mario up for more recovery and a ****ing broken spike.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You mean when he was on the Lakers? Good times.
Yeah back when I was a kid I remember how off the court it was all about Shaq vs Kobe (aka ball hog), when Phil Jackson really cracked down on Shaq for sucking at free throws, and then back in the days when the Lakers had a super legit win streak.

The dude has a lot to be proud of, so no shame in him realizing it's his time to go.

If they keep FLUDD in Marios moveset in Smash 4, they should give it the ability to squirt down and launch Mario up for more recovery and a ****ing broken spike.
The move I really want in the next Smash game is the ground pound. Not for anything competitive, just for the sake of actually making him Mario.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
The move I really want in the next Smash game is the ground pound. Not for anything competitive, just for the sake of actually making him Mario.
I've always wanted the ground pound in Super Smash Bros. but I didn't suggest it because I don't really think it would be all the beneficial. Still, a cool move that makes him more Mario-esque.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I've always wanted the ground pound in Super Smash Bros. but I didn't suggest it because I don't really think it would be all the beneficial. Still, a cool move that makes him more Mario-esque.
Compared to Mario's last 3 Down B's? I'd love a ground pound, lol...especially if it killed early and like...could be cancelled with DJ or something.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Even if it's only an extra landing option, ground pound would still be AWESOME for Mario. Seriously.

steep

Smash Lord
As long as it has a little priority or didn't pause in the air or something. Otherwise, you'll just get knocked out of it every time.... Like :yoshi: lol

Inferno3044

Smash Master
At least ground pound would give Mario the option to hit below him. If they wanna keep in FLUDD, make it do some damage. Even a little bit would make it much more viable. Also make cape able to work on shield again.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
They could give the ground pound less lag than Bowser's bomb drop and the same power, which was taken out of Super Mario Bros. 3 by the way. But seriously, the idea they had for FLUDD was good. They just plainly went about it all wrong. If its not going to do any damage (gay), it should have a stronger spray and it needs to last longer. I think its durability is the main thing that irks me about it. The spray lasted pretty long in SMS but stays out for only a couple seconds in SSBB. One more thing, I agree with the hover option. FLUDD had those different nozzles so why couldn't they apply the hover nozzle in there? They could make it that the water shooting down will push other characters down as well, which would make it pretty dangerous for the other character to be under Mario when trying to recover.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
How about Mrio turning into a statue like he does with Tanooki suit!

It can be like Kirby's D Beee

But ground Pounds cool

Matt07

Smash Master
Hai Kirin lol.

Mario's upB is probably going to stay the same way, just because it's been the same for the last 3 why change it as I see it. But they could make it go a lot farther...and give him an ability to glide with his Cape. But they should just get rid of the glide mechanic in the next smash it causes a lot of issues I find...

KirinBlaze

Smash Lord
NNID
KirinBlaze
@Everyone:

I've been working. xD

I'm going to be training as a waiter soon so I won't have all these late night shifts and I'll actually be able to do stuff.

I was out playing Smash tonight and I feel pretty good about these few Nationals coming up. Def gonna get back into a steady flow of practice beforehand.

So how have you all been? I missed my Mario Bros. <3

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Hi Kirin. I was thinking about acting like a jerk and then I remembered you are pretty much the only Mario that isn't MW in here that I've met, and you were pretty cool. So good luck with your job!

Otherwise I've pretty much quit this game because nobody around here plays it. The scene is gone.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Real talk, I thought u hated this place, Kirin, lol.

@Xero: my scene's fading too, it seems.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
My scene just died randomly. Nobody can do anything. We can't play, luckily there's a strong fighting game scene way closer than any smash scenes used to be. So I've been getting pretty good at BlazBlue.

Awwwww yeah BlazBlue.

Top Bottom