• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Boards: General Discussion

GeZ

Smash Lord
Well of course he's still an icon. He's Mario. Nintendo would have to completely forget about the character for years for him to drop off.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
There was a rest of the post that I deleted and was under revision but I never got around to it.

What I was going to say was that Mario isn't that good in Brawl. He's kind of bad honestly. So you're statement equated to it being obvious that he had staying power, and wrong that he was good.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
There was a rest of the post that I deleted and was under revision but I never got around to it.

What I was going to say was that Mario isn't that good in Brawl. He's kind of bad honestly. So you're statement equated to it being obvious that he had staying power, and wrong that he was good.
Not "kind of" bad. He just sucks. But that's why beating people with him just feels so satisfying. Especially when my opponent's use high tiers

GeZ

Smash Lord
Not "kind of" bad. He just sucks. But that's why beating people with him just feels so satisfying. Especially when my opponent's use high tiers
I never found him to be fun in Brawl. The character was always cooler to me when he had crazy movement and used it to harass and be in his opponents face in a super agile way, a la Melee and P:M Mario.

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
I never found him to be fun in Brawl. The character was always cooler to me when he had crazy movement and used it to harass and be in his opponents face in a super agile way, a la Melee and P:M Mario.
Interesting, cause I always thought mario was really fun in brawl, lol. Along with several of my friends, but I guess we're all entitled to our own opinion

MP8

Smash Journeyman

Obviously you don't sense sarcasm very well when its as obvious as my posts about Mario standing the test of time and being a badass in this game. But even though he sucks, I'm just glad I'm not a sellout for a higher tier character just so I can win in a video game. It's also satisfying to me that I am actually having more fun than most others because I enjoy my character for his moveset and identity, especially when I would defeat those same sellouts that crave empty victories spawned from a video game skill.

I represented Mario in 64, Melee, Brawl, Project M and will continue to do so in Smash U. I actually love playing Melee and Project M the most but I also enjoy Brawl. But calling him bad in Brawl this late is pointless and a waste of your time, and you're (<---By the way, this is the correct grammatical usage of "you're", just so you know) a bad troll. Now, go be annoying somewhere else.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
Obviously you don't sense sarcasm very well when its as obvious as my posts about Mario standing the test of time and being a badass in this game. But even though he sucks, I'm just glad I'm not a sellout for a higher tier character just so I can win in a video game. It's also satisfying to me that I am actually having more fun than most others because I enjoy my character for his moveset and identity, especially when I would defeat those same sellouts that crave empty victories spawned from a video game skill.

I represented Mario in 64, Melee, Brawl, Project M and will continue to do so in Smash U. I actually love playing Melee and Project M the most but I also enjoy Brawl. But calling him bad in Brawl this late is pointless and a waste of your time, and you're (<---By the way, this is the correct grammatical usage of "you're", just so you know) a bad troll. Now, go be annoying somewhere else.
The you're thing was a mistype. I'm not a troll at all. I co-wrote the pinned P:M Mario guide, so I know enough about the character. You don't have to literally **** yourself just because I disagree with you.

MP8

Smash Journeyman
The you're thing was a mistype. I'm not a troll at all. I co-wrote the pinned P:M Mario guide, so I know enough about the character. You don't have to literally **** yourself just because I disagree with you.
Congratulations, I didn't make any claim or accusation about you not knowing the character. I just referred to the fruitlessness of your posting here about Mario being bad. You must not have anything better to do. And we're talking about Brawl Mario, not Project M Mario, anyways so what's your point? You co-wrote a guide about a character? That's impressive, congratulations again. I'm sure its an achievement that you feel good about. I am happy for you, really.

Don't be mad because I called you a troll. And I promise that I didn't literally crap my pants because of your highly important opinion. I would promptly use the restroom if I cared about your opinion. Though, you and many others think your opinions matter and take preference but they really don't mean jack.

Last edited:

TMario

Smash Apprentice
So... any of you guys play the new one yet? I got it and IMMEDIATELY got wrecked (continuously) by Pikachu.... for 3 hours. I won two matches. In 3 hours. Yeah, it's quicker than Brawl, but if there's any way to shorten or cancel Mario's landing lag, yo, throw the tips my way.

Also, it's been a while. What's up guys?

T25XL

Smash Journeyman
So... any of you guys play the new one yet? I got it and IMMEDIATELY got wrecked (continuously) by Pikachu.... for 3 hours. I won two matches. In 3 hours. Yeah, it's quicker than Brawl, but if there's any way to shorten or cancel Mario's landing lag, yo, throw the tips my way.

Also, it's been a while. What's up guys?
It'd be better to ask this in the actual discussion thread for mario under ssb4. Not trying to ridicule you, it's just this thread is pretty much dead

BlushFactory

Smash Cadet
F.L.U.D.D. is the only reason i basically stopped playing Mario.

Tornado will always be a better special. (and making it a air attack didnt help)

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Only if people understand how useful the fludd can be. smh

"Knowledge is power" for most people that is.

:pow:

meticulousboy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
gradius_16
3DS FC
1005-8934-0229
Only if people understand how useful the fludd can be. smh

"Knowledge is power" for most people that is.

:pow:
One can use FLUDD on Ness or Lucas when either of them does the Up B. Those people who say that FLUDD is useless will learn eventually.

KFCutman

Smash Rookie
If only he had any killing potential whatsoever. And no, UpTilt combos do not work as well at all.

At least Mario dominates the other garbage tier characters, but with his problematic power, at least we can at least rest assured the red mustachioed man won't fall any lower.

Top Bottom