• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario’s the bane of my existence

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I need help beating you guys as Diddy. You approach me way too easily, get grabs and rewards more easily and it’s a pain to keep a steady slow against you all if we can’t land a Banana.

Any tips? I’ve hated fighting against Mario’s ever since Smash 4 honestly...

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
I mean this is probably just my play style but I also tend to find Mario's frequently shielding so maybe try monkey flip grab or actual grab but idk.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I mean this is probably just my play style but I also tend to find Mario's frequently shielding so maybe try monkey flip grab or actual grab but idk.
Kinda hard because I think Mario has superiour frame data over us... At least he's much better at boxing and up close. So that's kind of getting in the way of this.

I just suck at the matchup.

Guljy

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 3601 9213 6336
Kinda hard because I think Mario has superiour frame data over us... At least he's much better at boxing and up close. So that's kind of getting in the way of this.

I just suck at the matchup.
Ya I think the matchup sucks for diddy too my only other piece of advice is hit him with bair and fair to land just because his aerial coverage is pretty meh but all in all I doubt you suck at the matchup it can just be difficult.

Top Bottom