• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 7, 2015] SMASH THE BAY 2! Tampa, FL Smash 4 U Tournament!!! (Tampa, FL)

Manny

Smash Cadet
Floridian Tournament fting Tampa's finest, Redhalberd, Yoss, StaticManny, PhuZix, ChoZox, mLO, and even more strong players in Florida!!

When: 5:00 PM - 11:30 PM.

Entry Fee
$10.00 ( Provides Pizza and Drink! HYPE :D)
$5.00 (Singles)
$5.00 (Doubles)

*REDEMPTION TOURNEY*
NIT Tournament (Those who are eliminated from the main double elimination tourney with two set losses at the start are entered into a secondary tournament for free! So stick around, just because you're eliminated early doesn't mean you still can't learn a thing or two with other newcomers like yourself!)

Rules
*Modified Apex Ruleset*

MORE INFO COMING SOON! STAY TUNED!

Last edited:

MFGFalcon0

Smash Rookie
Are we allowed to compete in both singles and doubles or are we limited to just one entry

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
This seems like a great opportunity for a first tournament, considering the redemption system and the fact that it'll feel more like a social gathering as well with everyone eating pizza together XD Excited to meet some of the good Tampa players and integrate myself into the competitive community!

Manny

Smash Cadet
Are we allowed to compete in both singles and doubles or are we limited to just one entry
You can enter in as many as events as you like my friend.

And VKatana, thats the whole point :) We're here to welcome new players and make them feel wanted in the smash community!!! :D

draydawg2020

Smash Cadet
NNID
draydawg2020
I, personally, use the GameCube controller but I'm curious if all controller options smash 4 offers are allowed?

Killstorm

Smash Rookie
Floridian Tournament fting Tampa's finest, Redhalberd, Yoss, StaticManny, PhuZix, ChoZox, mLO, and even more strong players in Florida!!

When: 11:30 AM - 6:00 PM.

Entry Fee
$10.00 ( Provides Pizza and Drink! HYPE :D)
$5.00 (Singles)
$5.00 (Doubles)

*REDEMPTION TOURNEY*
NIT Tournament (Those who are eliminated from the main double elimination tourney with two set losses at the start are entered into a secondary tournament for free! So stick around, just because you're eliminated early doesn't mean you still can't learn a thing or two with other newcomers like yourself!)

Rules
*Modified Apex Ruleset*

MORE INFO COMING SOON! STAY TUNED!
This will also be my first tournament (assuming I can make it since I live in Debary, FL). If I do, however, this will be a great opportunity! I'm a long time Smash player (casually), but more recently since Smash 4 came out, I've wanted to play competitively. Hopefully this is a great place to start :)

Daniel von Zangenberg

Smash Rookie
NNID
supergameguy11
3DS FC
2105-9177-0437
I went to one they did recently, and I would say no. Controllers were provided there. They were Gamecube, so if you have another preference, I'd say bring your own.
Thank you. I actually never used a Gamecube controller so I actually wanna try one out

Diltune

Smash Cadet
Would it be alright if I brought like a set-up or two for Melee or PM friendlies in addition to the Sm4sh set-ups you have there?

Last edited:

Manny

Smash Cadet
This will also be my first tournament (assuming I can make it since I live in Debary, FL). If I do, however, this will be a great opportunity! I'm a long time Smash player (casually), but more recently since Smash 4 came out, I've wanted to play competitively. Hopefully this is a great place to start :)
It was a wonderful place to start, and the smash bros community welcomes you to your 1st ever smash bros tournament :)

How much money should i bring to the tournament?
25-30$ my friend :)
There won't be customs allowed right?
Unfortunately no. I'll have to double check with the actual TO host, but I have a feeling customs won't be allowed.

Manny

Smash Cadet
Would it be alright if I brought like a set-up or two for Melee or PM friendlies in addition to the Sm4sh set-ups you have there?
That would be totally fine and preferable, the more set ups, the better :D

Tally might come... Idk about me it depends on how work goes this weekend.

:sonic:
Whatever is super convient for you dawg, don't stress it <3

Do I need to bring my own controller? I'd really like to attend
Always have a back up, just to be sure :)

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Wait, did the time for the tourney just change? I thought it was 11:30 am to 6:00 pm
In addition to this I'd also like to ask if I should bring a gamecube controller converter for Wii U? Just to contribute to set ups if needed.

draydawg2020

Smash Cadet
NNID
draydawg2020
Thank you guys so much for the tournament! I learned a lot and I can't wait till next time! Also will the matches be uploaded to YouTube?

VKatana

Smash Journeyman
NNID
erivatro5
3DS FC
4527-8168-1631
Thank you guys so much for the tournament! I learned a lot and I can't wait till next time! Also will the matches be uploaded to YouTube?
One of the guys working for Reso Tampa told me the matches would eventually be uploaded to Youtube, but of course only the matches on stream are actually recorded. You can watch the full stream from STB2 right here:
http://www.twitch.tv/resotampa/b/634044372
The tournament was definitely a success and a whole lot of fun. Shout outs to Phuzix for being a cool guy and giving advice during friendlies. I'd suggest following Reso Tampa on Twitter as well since they said there'd be another tournament in 1-2 months. Also shout outs to everyone who played friendlies. If you're wondering where you placed in singles, you can find that here:
http://challonge.com/SmashtheBay2_Singles/standings
Rank and placement are two different things though, I think. I'm not exactly sure but I think for your placement just start at the top and counting down until you get to your name. Maybe.
Also I have to say, for my first tournament, I'm actually pleased with my performance. Took out Mariopoke and got myself into the 9th rank in standings. GGs to all.

Top Bottom