• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Mar 27, 2015] Roll Tier V: 3 day national event with now $1,000+ Pot Bonus (Bellevue, NE)

cue

Smash Journeyman
!!! UPDATES !!!
#1: REGISTRATION fees increase to $15 Wednesday night at 11:59pm (instead of closing)! We will be making and posting pool brackets Thursday evening. Online registration will be CLOSED once that begins.
#2: REFUND requests must be received prior to Thursday!
#3 SCHEDULE UPDATE: We hope to finish the three main games on Saturday. PLEASE come Friday night (7-11pm) to bring your set up and play friendlies, though, and for the last chance at in-person registration!
#4 POT BONUS UPDATE: With the venue fees, donations, and GoFundMe we are currently looking at roughly $750 and are constantly seeking more funds! Thanks for your support!

Original post:

Roll Tier is back for our fifth event, Roll Tier V: Legacy.
Registration is online only - register here: http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/58753

Hosted again at The 70MGame in Bellevue, Nebraska. (12642 S 9th St. Bellevue, NE, 70MGame Center)
Featuring $2,000 in pot bonuses!

Part of the Midwest North 2015 Smash Circuits

All entries for are $10/person, double elimination.

Games for Saturday Main Events:
Melee (Singles and Teams)
Project M (Singles and Teams)
Smash 4 (Singles and Teams)
Sunday Side Tournaments:
Brawl Singles
Smash 64 Singles

Tentative Schedule:
  • Friday Evening :: Set up party and friendlies
  • Saturday Day :: Singles pools until top 32 (bracket style)
  • Saturday Afternoon :: Teams (hopefully finish, or top 3)
  • Saturday Night :: Top 32 bracket
  • Sunday Day :: Top ~8 for Main Events (if necessary) and Brawl and 64 singles

Important notes:
  • NO registration day of!
  • Drinks, snacks, and pizza will be available for purchase at the venue.
  • We need setups! Game + system. We have TV's covered. Bring a setup for:
  • Free snacks (drink + chips) PLUS a chance for a random prize give away
  • Aiming for roughly 15 per game, first come first serve.

Registration details:
  • REGISTER HERE: http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/58753
  • $5 venue fee until March 11
  • $10 venue fee from March 12-25
  • March 25 registration closes
  • $15 last-chance in-person registration on Friday March 27th during the set up party

Pot bonus distribution:
PM: Singles $200, Doubles $300
Melee: Singles $350, Doubles $400
Smash 4: Singles $350, Doubles $400

Sponsors, Streams and Shout Outs:
The 70MGame - venue and pot bonus! Big thanks! https://www.facebook.com/The70MGame
The Velvet Room - primary stream, top notch local group! https://www.facebook.com/thevelvetroomsmash
Next Level Streaming - guest stream. https://www.facebook.com/NextLevelStreaming
Little Caesars Pizza - great pizza we bring in http://littlecaesars.com/
Thirst-Tea - best boba teas and snacks. https://www.facebook.com/thirstteacafe
Hopefully more to come. Reach out on Facebook or e-mail nerdylovers402@gmail.com

Prizes:
Entry Pot Cuts based on attendance, payouts will be rounded off, usually in favor of the 3rd and 2nd place players.
Payouts
If >23 attend
1st ~60%
2nd ~30%
3rd ~10%
If 24-31 attend
1st ~52%
2nd ~26%
3rd ~14%
4th ~8%
If 32-63 people attend
1st~50%
2nd~23%
3rd~15%
4th~7%
5th~2.5%(paid out twice, will not be paid out much more than entry fee)
Payout for 64+ people
1st~50%
2nd~25%
3rd~15%
4th~10%
5th-$50
5th-$50
7th-$20
7th-$20

Housing:
Nebraska has tons of housing, and we will gladly house OOS.
Full list of people who can house and how many people is TBA
If you like, there are tons of hotels around as well if you feel better at those.

General Rules

#0-Don't be a jerk
#1-No stealing
#2-Don't trip over hippies
#3-Be respectful of other peoples property and person
#4-Be on time for your matches, let the TO know if you are going for a smoke break or food break.
#5-Coaching allowed between matches, not during
#6-You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
HOWEVER
I understand that people play pranks. Joker doesn't know this but on someones wii all of his inputs are set to shield and taunt, so if something like this occurs, I will laugh at you, but your match will be restarted with the understanding that you must change your controls afterwards.
#7--Intentional forfeiting, match fixing and any other forms of bracket manipulation are not allowed and punishable by the TO. Splitting is a touchy subject, but so long as you play your set out, I don't care what you do with your $ or who you share it with.
#8-All hacks must be approved by the TO, specifically stage/character textures. Music is usually fine but I may request that you turn off some specific songs, and you must oblige.

Project M
* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF and set to NONE
* Buffer OFF
* Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
* If the match goes to Sudden Death due to a suicide move (Ganon's side-B, DDD's swallow, holding someone in a grab on a platform as it moves out of the boundaries, etc.), the player who initiated the move wins.
* DSR Modified: You cannot counterpick the stage you last won on in a set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
* All tournament sets will be best-of-3 except the following, which will be best-of-5: Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.
*Giga Bowser is banned
To decide the stage for the first game of the set, stage strike from the Starters stagelist in "121" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes the next two stages.
3. First player strikes one stage.
After each game:
1. Winner announces 2 stage bans
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

TLDR; 4 stocks, 8 minutes, no buffer, no items, 2 stage bans
Starters:
Battlefield
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Yoshi’s Story (Melee)
Counterpicks:
Final Destination
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Fountain of Dreams

Sm4sh wiiU

-2 stocks, 6 minute timer
-Items are banned
-Custom moves are banned
-Each player or team may ban 2 stages per set.

TLDR;
2 stock 6 min bo3 until wf/lf/gf then b/o 5
Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Town and City
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Counterpick
Kongo Jungle 64
Duck Hunt
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Big Battlefield (Doubles Only)

Melee Rules

* 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer
* Items OFF
* Best of 3 until Winners/Losers/Grand Finals, then it becomes best of 5
* 1 stage ban until best of 5 then no stage bans.
* Wobbling is LEGAL
* Stalling with Jigglypuff's Rising Pound or Peach's Wall Bomber is banned.
* Glitches such as Ice Climbers' Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, and using Master Hand are banned.
* You May not pick a stage you have already played on unless all players agree.
* In teams matches, ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins G&W Judgement will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the G&W Judgement winner will get the last port. If there is a conflict in singles, G&W Judgment will determine who chooses port/stage striking first.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while endlessly grabbing the ledge or flying underneath the stage is.
*In the event pause is left on and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon the TO's judgment, the situation will be resolved. Punishment may range from nothing, a warning, free attack (will be chosen by the TO and will be character specific), loss of stock/match/set or ejection from venue
Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Team Attack is turned ON
* If a player is using the character Falco, Captain Falcon, Sheik, Marth or Mario, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
*Any additional disputes will be up to determination by the tournament organizer.

TLDR; 4 stocks, 8 minutes, WF/LF/GF b/o 5, 1 stage ban until b/o 5 then none, Wobbling is LEGAL
Stages
Singles: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshis Island
CP: Pokemon Stadium
Doubles: Battlefield, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshis Island
CP: :Kongo Jungle 64

Brawl Rules

* 2 stock, 6:00 minutes
* Items are set to "OFF" and "NONE"
* Pause is set to "OFF" if players agree
* Metaknights infinite dimensional cape and extended dimesional cape are banned.
* 32 Ledge Grab Limit for Low Tier characters [16 for 1 stock in the event of a timeout]
* 26 Ledge Grab Limit for Mid Tier characters (Borderline) [13 for 1 stock in the event of a timeout]
* 20 Ledge Grab Limit for High Tier characters (S tier) [10 for 1 stock in the event of a timeout]
-If a player goes over the ledge grab limit and the game goes to time, the opponent will be declared the winner. If both players exceed the ledge grab limit, normal win conditions apply.
* See Stage Striking for more information on how stages are selected and banned.
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by all players.
* In teams matches, ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins G&W Judgement will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the G&W Judgement winner will get the last port. If there is a conflict in singles, G&W Judgment will determine who chooses port/stage striking first.
* Stalling is banned. Stalling is defined as the act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while endlessly grabbing the ledge or flying underneath the stage is. Any infinite chain grabs must end immediately after 200% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. If stalling is confirmed by the tournament organizer, the offending player will forfeit the match.
* In the event of a Bowser/Ganon/Dedede/Kirbycide
#1-If the game goes to sudden death, sudden death is played out
#2-If the game goes to the winner screen, the one who did the suicide move wins.
* If a sudden death is initiated by both players dying at the exact same time or a tie in both stock count and percentage, sudden death will be played out
*In the event pause is left on and is pressed, immediately call over the TO. Based upon the TO's judgment, the situation will be resolved. Punishment may range from nothing, a warning, free attack (will be chosen by the TO and will be character specific), loss of stock/match/set or ejection from venue.
*Any additional disputes will be up to determination by the tournament organizer.
Stage Striking:
1-1-1-1
-In the event of a dispute, G&W Judgement will be used to determine who strikes first.
After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban
2. Loser chooses counter-pick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character
Doubles-Specific Rules:
* Life stealing is allowed
* Team Attack is turned ON
* Double Metaknight is banned unless agreed upon by all FOUR players
* If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

TLDR; 2 stocks, 6 minutes, WF/LF/GF b/o 5
Stages
Starters: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Lylat Cruise, Yoshis Brawl,
Counter Picks: Delfino Plaza, Pictochat
Smash 64
Singles Rules
Mode: STOCK
Stocks: 5
Handicap: OFF
Team Attack: ON
Stage Select: ON
Damage: 100%
Item Switch: NONE
All Characters Available
All tournament sets will be best-of-3 except the following, which will be best-of-5: Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals.
To decide the stage for the first game of the set, stage strike from the Stagelist in "12" fashion:
1. First player strikes one stage.
2. Second player strikes one stage.
After each game:
1. Loser chooses counterpick stage
2. Winner chooses their character
3. Loser chooses their character
Characters:
Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) are discouraged if Congo Jungle is the stage for visibility reasons. The opposing player has the right to request a color change in the event of a counterpick to Congo Jungle.

Singles: 5 Stocks, B/o 3 except for WF/LF/GF then it's b/o 5
Stagelist:
Congo Jungle
Hyrule Castle
Dream Land
Please read the above information carefully. By participating, you are agreeing to follow all rules. Any failure to do so can and will result in you being asked to leave (no refund). Also by participating you are agreeing not to hold us, the venue, or any parties involved responsible for any property or personal loss or damage.
Contact MegaRobMan via PM or @ 402-305-5522

Last edited:

MartianMedia

Smash Cadet
NNID
MartianMedia
3DS FC
5172-0483-1084
Looks like this is the closest tourney to me! I'll have to practice like crazy for 2 months but I will def try to be there! :D

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Unfortunately this is the same day as Aftershock or I'd have been interested. :( Hope the event goes well!!

cue

Smash Journeyman
Registration page is UP! You have exactly one month to register for ROLL TIER V: LEGACY at the low, low $5 venue fee price.http://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/58753 Price increases to $10 for March 12-25th. Last-chance in-person registration available Friday night for $15. No registration day of! We expect pools and schedules to be available prior to tournament weekend.

Wekai

Smash Rookie
NNID
Meru_the_sweep
Housing (let us know if you're interested)..

Let us know if you have any ideas, questions, or want to help. GET HYPED![/quote]

About the Housing bit, I'd be driving with two of my other friends from Forest City IA and it'd be about 4 hours to get there. We'd be able to leave after school but we'd need some kind of housing whether that's sleeping at a hotel or in someones living room. We're down for whatever.
Also are there any reported big names yet that are comming?

Last edited:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Three days? That's rough.
Friday is just set up stuff and Sunday is pretty much if necessary, Great Revival has me thinking we should be fine. But we have the venue for sunday for Smash 64 and Brawl anyway, but currently we are planning on having top ~8 for each game on Sunday.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
we'd need some kind of housing whether that's sleeping at a hotel or in someones living room. We're down for whatever.
Also are there any reported big names yet that are comming?
Is anyone willing to house some South Dakota smashers?
I will figure out housing stuff soon, my own housing situation has changed a bit, and you never know if it's nice out in March or not :) But I should be able to house some people again, but others should be able to house as well.

also m2k will come represent Monstropolis with me, again.

DNBcool

Smash Rookie
If people are coming with me who aren't competing (i.e. parents, siblings, etc.), what and when will they have to pay?

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
When I was the St. Louis forum I saw this on there and without looking at what it was I immediately figured it was Toasted Ravs 7 then while I was registering I filled everything out and when I clicked finish only then did I realize it was the wrong thing and I closed it out so I was wondering how I get to the refund part? And sorry for the misunderstanding and also not knowing where to put this message. so yeah sorry

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
uh lolol.

If you are on facebook look up Stephanie Peterson in the Nebraska subforum and she might be bale to help you out.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well I knew we were forgetting something.

Sorry this has taken so long

Here is the sign ups for Brawl and 64 singles on Sunday.

http://goo.gl/forms/DkZQHIH0JA

If time allows we may do doubles.

Schedule is currently

Doors at 10:30

64 at Noon

Brawl at 1

#2 So, 70M lost the Investor who was promising the $2K so that's gone, there was no warning or reason really given.

So we no longer have a $2K pot bonus. We are going to use the venue fee as the pot bonus.

So far it's basically m2k who has bought a ticket to here that we have to worry about, but the guys from Colorado and a few OOS have signed up.

If you want a refund, please message Stephanie Petersen and if you have any questions, are mad or whatever, please message Tom Garrett about it.

I'm really sorry, really upset and there isn't anything I can do about it, which is the worst part.

That was posted on facebook last wednesday, but I don't think anyone who hasread this wouldn't see the facebook post.

Camtendo

Based Black Programmer
NNID
Camtendo
3DS FC
3437-3049-5613
We've got some cool stuff coming for the stream. We'll see you guys this weekend.

Top Bottom