• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Southwest [Mar 26, 2016] Las Cruces Game Con 2014 (Las Cruces, NM)

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
Las Cruces Game Knights Present:
In The 4th Annual

Las Cruces Game Convention
Fri/Sat August 22nd and 23rd, Las Cruces, NM
IT'S A 2 DAY EVENT!​

VENUE: Columbus Conference Center
901 Avenida De Mesilla, Las Cruces, NM. (575) 621-3858

[/CENTER]

---------VENUE SCHEDULE---------
Friday, April, 5th
Venue opens at 3:00PM
Venue closes at 9:00PM

Saturday, April, 6th
Venue opens at 12:00PM
Venue closes at 9:00PM

---------Games tourneys Expected to be played besides smash-------
Killer Instinct: XBOX ONE
KOF XIII = 360
Street Fighter X Tekken = PS3/360
Super Street Fighter 4: AE = PS3/360
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 = 360
Tatsunoko vs Capcom = Wii
Rock Band = 360/Wii/PS3
Halo 4 = 360
CoD: Black Ops 2 = 360/PS3

+ Many more

-----------Games for Friendlies/Fun without tourneys-----------
Samurai Shodown 2
Primal Rage
Killer Instinct
(more to be added)

internet/stream:
USTREAM Channel
Twitch
It will be recorded and shown live. Specially the finals, If there's too many people and we have to hold preliminaries, then the preliminaries won't be recorded/livestreamed.

local housing:
TBA
EQUIPMENT discounts

Discounts for bringing setups consists of the following:
$5 off your badge price if you bring a full set up
consisting of a TV, A System, and a Game
The system does include controllers, at least 1 more besides your own.

Let me know as soon as you know for sure you're bringing a set up, so I can add it to the list

RULES:
MRB Official Rules apply
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257229
Double Elimination
B.Y.O.C - Bring Your Own Controller

PRICES:
$10 Badge fee per day.
$5 per tournament per person entrance fee.
(which means, for teams, each person pays $5.)

PRIZES/PAYOUTS:
our goal is to lock at least a 300 dollar pot gold bonus.

Singles:
1-19 = 80 / 20
20 - 39 = 60 / 30 / 10
40 - 79 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
80-99 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
120+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

Doubles (# of Teams):
1-9 = 80 / 20
10 - 19 = 60 / 30 / 10
20 - 39 = 55 / 30 / 10 / 5
40-59 = 55 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 2.5 / 2.5
60+ = 50 / 25 / 10 / 5 / 3⅓ / 3⅓ / 1⅔ / 1⅔

sponsors:
Batteries Plus + Confirmed

Fox's Pizza Den - Confirmed
(more to be added)

crews:
let me know if your team is coming to compete, help, organize, etc.

pre-registration:
https://www.payitsquare.com/collect-page/30929
and I will give you a confirming email receipt that must be printed out and brought to the day of the event.

Housing / Hotels:
•Sleep Inn (approx. 0.7 miles)
•Comfort Suites (approx. 0.8 miles)
•Plaza Suites (approx. 1.1 miles)
•Ramada Palms (approx. 1.2 miles)
•Comfort Inn (approx. 1.3 miles)
•Motel 6 (approx. 1.4 miles)
•Super 8 (approx. 1.4 miles)
•Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites (approx. 1.4 miles)
•Quality Inn (approx. 1.7 miles)
•Hilton Garden Inn (approx. 1.7 miles)

we will try and do our best to find housing with local smashers in case you do not want to pay for the hotel. I know money can be tight, so i will find out who is available for housing in the local area.

What's So Special About This Tourney?

A little about myself first...
I am RPGfan, I am the president of "Game Knights" the most respected organization in the southwest. I have hosted tournaments from far and wide, from the east to the west coast. Helping multiple events and conventions have a successful gaming section. This is our baby, Las Cruces Game Convention is where we bring the best gaming the southwest has to offer. Both casual and hardcore.

The Las Cruces Game Convention (Cruces GameCon), is an annual event held by the Las Cruces Game Knights, a local video game club. Once a year, gamers from all around compete in high level tournaments while still enjoying themselves with an abundance of free play games. Gamers of all skill levels and genres are welcome and sure to have a memorable time at the Cruces GameCon! There is also cosplay contests, food, raffles, trading card games, anime, and small, fun tournaments. Cruces GameCon is a non-profit event with 100% of the proceeds going towards the club, charities and local artists. Come get your game on, and bring serious gaming back!

http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Smasher:RPGfan

Last edited:

Wonk

Smash Rookie
Is this event happening this year? I cant tell if 2014 is going to happen. The last post was in 2013, although the venue up top says 2014... I live in Silver City, and me and my training partner need to know if its gonna be worth it to come out for SSBM.

Last edited:

Megaman1

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RPGfan2005
It has been moved to August of this year. Hope to see you there and represent!

Reiddsan

Smash Rookie
I'm in the Las Cruces area but don't have too much experience playing Melee in a tourney setting. I'd love to go and get my ass kicked for the first time ever, but Megaman1, do you know of any local crews in Cruces I can hit up during the summer and get some practice with?

Also, I have a setup no problem, just need to get myself another copy of melee and I'm good (currently only have project m)

How many people are you going to have RPGfan? I will go if you can guarantee me 20 people for Melee at least. If not, then I won't be there. And don't give me a MAYBE. Be sure.

Denti

Smash Master
For Las Crus Aug 22nd tourney What all smash games will be played? Also what does $300 pot gold bonus mean? Also are tournies on Friday as well as Saturday? What kind of turnout is even expected?

Chzy

Smash Rookie
The El Paso crew is committed to coming, so we expect around 20 people from their community alone. We're trying to confirm more coming from AZ and Albuquerque. Speaking of, if any of you Cruces people can house smash players please let us know.

I'm in the Las Cruces area but don't have too much experience playing Melee in a tourney setting. I'd love to go and get my *** kicked for the first time ever, but Megaman1, do you know of any local crews in Cruces I can hit up during the summer and get some practice with?

Also, I have a setup no problem, just need to get myself another copy of melee and I'm good (currently only have project m)
(currently only have project m) same

SlickJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SlickJ95
Will there be a big video games convention this year in Las Cruces?

Top Bottom