• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 24, 2015] WARP Wednesdays Weekly at B-Side Lounge (Cancelled) (Cleveland, Ohio)

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman

Cleveland's official Weekly Smash Fest
Come play Melee and other games with us! (18+ only sorry guys)

Contact Info:
Chris Hatala (Ghaleon) @GDLenter

www.gdlent.com/warpwednesdays
https://www.facebook.com/GDLenter
info@GDLent.com
http://www.GDLentertainment.com

Josh Lozar (Coffeemug) @themoshlozar
https://www.facebook.com/thejoshlozar
thejoshlozar@gmail.com
thejoshlozar.com

Relevant Links:
Northeast Ohio / Pittsburgh Facebook Group
NEOH/PGH Youtube Channel

Schedule: (everything is free entry unless voted otherwise)
Single bracket starts at 7:30

Play history's best videogames on the bar big screens with wireless controllers + beer specials, from GDL Entertainment ! #WARPwednesdays

Street Fighter II / Mario Kart / Star Wars Angry Birds / Tecmo Bowl -- you name it, you can play it - tweet @GDLenter.

Or join in Super Smash Bros. Melee, on multiple TVs, in the back. ThanksB Side Liquor Lounge & Arcade for this chance to give Cleveland gamers a fantastic night!

Bring your own Controller!
Apex 2014 Ruleset used

Last edited:

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
clearly no one checks this, but this Wednesday they are having that SSB4 demo event at Best Buy, I think the nearest one participating is in Akron, so I'm def going to that!

OreoKirby

Smash Rookie
NNID
OreoKirby01
3DS FC
1204-0162-2881
Hey losers, I was wondering if you get carded in order to get in? I just turned 18 this Wednesday on the 11th but I don't have any picture ID yet. However, going to be getting a license and a car soon so I can go to some of the tournies and weeklies I got screwed out of in the past. I'm primarily a PM player, but I'm really interested in the Mario Kart 8 that was mentioned on the facebook post.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Hey losers, I was wondering if you get carded in order to get in? I just turned 18 this Wednesday on the 11th but I don't have any picture ID yet. However, going to be getting a license and a car soon so I can go to some of the tournies and weeklies I got screwed out of in the past. I'm primarily a PM player, but I'm really interested in the Mario Kart 8 that was mentioned on the facebook post.
It's 18+ until 10. as far as I know nobody has got carded aside from our first week. Maybe just bring something else to prove your 18 just in case? do library cards have birthdays? lol

Pyrogamer

Smash Journeyman
you're fine to get in, but sometimes they go around and try to kick people out at 10... I had my 18 year old friend with me one time and at 10 they went around and asked if anyone was under 21... he just didn't respond so he stayed lol. I think they might be cracking down though. You should definitely go though because we need more PM players; I've done a few PM fests at my place because of drama over setups, but I should have a permanent PM setup at Bside as of this week.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
to answer both questions. There is one dedicated PM set up and the rest are melee. we absolutely won't be able to add a 3rd game.

And no we don't need any more setups actually. but bringing a cube is very helpful.

G@me!(Get_At_Me!)

Smash Rookie
Hey
I have a bunch of friends who are trying to get into competitive melee/project m and we are close at JCU during the school year. How many people show up to B-Side on a regular warp Wednesday?

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Hey
I have a bunch of friends who are trying to get into competitive melee/project m and we are close at JCU during the school year. How many people show up to B-Side on a regular warp Wednesday?
recently we've been getting between 30-40 people. Its seemingly random, I don't know what it'll look like during the school year. I might expect a slight drop in experienced players who have to go back to college but probably more casual/low level player who are back in town because of school.

Kai Zami

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EthixKumamoto
3DS FC
4055-5261-7956
It's 18+ until 10. as far as I know nobody has got carded aside from our first week. Maybe just bring something else to prove your 18 just in case? do library cards have birthdays? lol
Can you be more specific on 18+ until 10 because I'm 17 but will be 18 in december, also not to sound like a broken record, but will there be Project M Brackets

Last edited:

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Can you be more specific on 18+ until 10 because I'm 17 but will be 18 in december, also not to sound like a broken record, but will there be Project M Brackets
You have to be 18+ to get in and then at 10 anyone under 21 has to leave. It's a bar so it's against the law after these times apparently.

There is usually a PM set up but we have neither the space, time, or mass interest to run a PM bracket.

Kai Zami

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EthixKumamoto
3DS FC
4055-5261-7956
You have to be 18+ to get in and then at 10 anyone under 21 has to leave. It's a bar so it's against the law after these times apparently.

There is usually a PM set up but we have neither the space, time, or mass interest to run a PM bracket.
Welp, I guess I'll have to wait for December 17th to come by

dabs

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1607-3467-6983
I'm probably going to start making an appearance at these. I'm not good, but you gotta start somewhere eh?

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Think anyone will be money matching or possibly a side tournament of 3DS smash this week?

ssknight7

Smash Apprentice
I'm probably going to start making an appearance at these. I'm not good, but you gotta start somewhere eh?
I'm in the same boat, really bad but I have noone to play with and the CPU really doesn't help so I'm looking to start playing with peeps more often. Definitely have to start somewhere.

How many people usually show up to play melee? I can bring a cube.

Dreyvas

Smash Cadet
I'm in the same boat, really bad but I have noone to play with and the CPU really doesn't help so I'm looking to start playing with peeps more often. Definitely have to start somewhere.

How many people usually show up to play melee? I can bring a cube.
15-20ish during the school year it seems like. In the summer we were getting 30-40 man brackets every week.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Yeah mid 20s seems to be the trend so setups aren't locked up so you can play friendlies now haha.

This is a good place to start cause it's free and you can still get a variety of experience.

Also bringing a cube helps, sometimes we don't need them but they're good to have.

Fire Blazer

Smash Cadet
welp that's really useful to know since it was called WARP Wednesdays and I'd have totally come in on a Wednesday otherwise lol

I'm just curious if there are any Smash U setups, I'd love to just friendly some Smash U, but if there's no TV's with HDMIs, enough Wii U's, interest, etc., that sucks :(

Dreyvas

Smash Cadet
welp that's really useful to know since it was called WARP Wednesdays and I'd have totally come in on a Wednesday otherwise lol

I'm just curious if there are any Smash U setups, I'd love to just friendly some Smash U, but if there's no TV's with HDMIs, enough Wii U's, interest, etc., that sucks :(
It was JUST changed, a new name hasn't even been picked yet.

There's usually one casual Smash 4 setup with pro controllers on an LCD with HDMI.

Top Bottom