• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 22, 2014] Eau Claire Sucks at Smash 5 (Eau Claire, Wisconsin)

yoshq

Smash Master
Thanks everyone for coming out. Hope you had a blasty blast. I know I did.

Melee Singles - 41 Entrants | $10 entry: bracket image
1: Kels :fox: ($246.00)
2: Fruitloop :fox: ($123.00)
3: Sanchaz :fox: ($41.00)
4: >KJH
5: Chexr
5: Good Kenneth
7: Zelgadis
7: Triple R
9: Amanze
9: Kradi
9: Yoshicues
9: HTAG
13: Ten
13: LightsOutAce
13: Veklor
13: Rat
17: Loki
17: Fluxwolf
17: masterofmydomain
17: Seanson
17: Alco
17: Furphy
17: Poppyfapper1998
17: Breezy
25: Derailed Death
25: Loring
25: Fin
25: cflo
25: Schu
25: Dank?
25: Bay<
25: MooCow
33: Buddy
33: Wojo
33: freejoemadson
33: Ryan
33: Toasted Slayer
33: superstriker5000
33: matt
33: #Hashtag
33: Tales

Project M Singles - 42 Entrants | $10 entry : Pools: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 bracket image
1: Chexr :metaknight:($252.00)
2: Kels :falco: ($126.00)
3: Rat ($42.00)
4: Tempest
5: Sanchaz
5: Fruitloop
7: Kradi
7: North Dakota Norman
9: Amanze
9: Breezy
9: FatboySlim
9: Seanson
13: Zelgadis
13: Fade
13: Yoshicues
13: Good Kenneth
17: Poppyfapper1998
17: Deepak
17: Loki
17: Caketastic
17: Tugie
17: Goku
17: PsychonautQQ
17: HTAG
25: Fluxwolf
25: Bay<
25: standardtoaster
25: Smashbastard
25: Wugpanda
25: CrossFadingRage
25: Blueg
25: Wojo
(Pools cutoff)
Alex (Monkunit)
Dank?
Gazer
Sparrow
Tales
Fin
Schu
XII
Toasted Slayer
Shorykins

Melee Doubles - 19 Entrants | $20 entry: bracket image
1: Fruitloop & Sanchaz (Fruitloop, Sanchaz) ($228.00)
2: Chexr & >KJH (Chexr, >KJH) ($114.00)
3: Kels & Ten (Kels, Ten) ($38.00)
4: Francis Borden (Good Kenneth, Kradi)
5: Tempest & Breezy (Tempest, Breezy)
5: Flux & Triple R
7: Green Eggs and Ham (Toasted Slayer, Seanson)
7: Whisker Catfish (Smashbastard, Blueg)
9: Puberty (masterofmydomain, Amanze)
9: Zelgadis & Yoshicues (Zelgadis, Yoshicues)
9: superstriker5000 & moocow (superstriker5000, moocow)
9: HTAG's Team (HTAG, Level 9 Computer)
13: None (Adam & Alex)
13: Alco (Alco)
13: Lost Boys (Tales, Schu)
13: Fin's Team (Fin, Poppyfapper1998)
17: Kawaii 5.0 (Deepak, Heath)
17: Inuit Upinit (Loring, Bayless)
17: Team Fargo (Furphy, Veklor)

Project M Doubles - 17 Entrants | $20 entry: bracket image
1: Minnesota's Best (>KJH, Chexr) ($204.00)
2: Team Chicago (Rat, Kel) ($102.00)
3: Fruitloop & Sanchaz (Fruitloop, Sanchaz) ($34.00)
4: Tempest & Breezy (Tempest, Breezy)
5: Extra Puberty (masterofmydomain, HTAG)
5: Yoshicues & Zelgadis (Yoshicues, Zelgadis)
7: Francis Borden (Good Kenneth, Kradi)
7: Amish Dragracers (Norh Datkota Norman, Fatboyslim)
9: None (Adam & Alex)
9: Goku & Fade (Goku, Fade)
9: CrossFadingRage & Loki (CrossFadingRage, Loki)
9: Whisker Catfish (Smashbastard, Blueg)
13: Gazer (Tugie, Gazer)
13: Deepak & Amanze (Deepak, Amanze)
13: Kumo Gasen (PsychonautQQ, Tales)
17: Dankwolf (Dank?, Fluxwolf)
17: Burfy (Bayless, Furfy)

Last edited:

CrossfadingRage

Smash Apprentice
This was an awesome tournament. Too bad I sucked lol
Anyway, shoutouts to BluEG and SmashB***ard for the most fun I've had playing friendlies. I know for certain that Luigi is now my main for Project Melee. Shoutouts to The District for hosting this also.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
things started a little shaky but we got through it all apparently haha.

shoutouts to chicago for makin the long trip out. was a really fun time seeing/playing you guys again (except when kels camped me.)

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
No offense to anyone but I'm just going to be honest on how I feel about this tournament
I was very upset how this tournament ran. No one was concerned about following a schedule, and even sign ups took way too long compared to any other tournament I've been to.
It was 9pm by the time Melee singles started with no pools and random seeding, when PM had pools for seeding (3/4 people that came in my friends car were all in the same pool, and I heard others had similar situations if not worse).
My 3rd round match in Melee vs Kenneth was at 10:15pm. (had a bye r1 then played bayless r2)
On top of not even wanting to play anymore at that time, Sanchez decided he wanted to coach Ken to victory by telling him to keep shooting lasers with Falco every time he would forget or get put under pressure by me (mid game advice not after each game), which is illegal according to the Apex ruleset, I could feel that this drastically changed the outcome of our set but I really didn't check which ruleset we were using before I came so that's my bad.
After that though, I felt heartbroken. cuz I barely lost to Ken at the last WI tourney I went to and I feel like both of my losses to him should have been wins, like taking candy from a baby lmao...
These little things just caused me to have a really bad time. I felt cheated by everyone :/
Maybe it's all my own fault or maybe I'm the only one thinking so negatively, maybe I was just having a bad day I don't know, which is why I say no offense to anyone mentioned here. But it's true that I am still very upset :/

With that said, I apologize to everyone at the tournament about my attitude that day.
I was rude to Tempest after our Pm Pools match when it was a close and honorable set
And didn't shake Amanze's hand after he beat me with Link in PM, and I feel really bad about that, because I know Amanze will always be a homie even after how much of a douche I can be.
Along with just being rude to everyone and being a downer in general.
I will definitely come to the next tournament with a better attitude and try to have a better time regardless of what happens.

yoshq

Smash Master
No offense to anyone but I'm just going to be honest on how I feel about this tournament
I was very upset how this tournament ran. No one was concerned about following a schedule, and even sign ups took way too long compared to any other tournament I've been to.
It was 9pm by the time Melee singles started with no pools and random seeding, when PM had pools for seeding (3/4 people that came in my friends car were all in the same pool, and I heard others had similar situations if not worse).
My 3rd round match in Melee vs Kenneth was at 10:15pm. (had a bye r1 then played bayless r2)
On top of not even wanting to play anymore at that time, Sanchez decided he wanted to coach Ken to victory by telling him to keep shooting lasers with Falco every time he would forget or get put under pressure by me (mid game advice not after each game), which is illegal according to the Apex ruleset, I could feel that this drastically changed the outcome of our set but I really didn't check which ruleset we were using before I came so that's my bad.
After that though, I felt heartbroken. cuz I barely lost to Ken at the last WI tourney I went to and I feel like both of my losses to him should have been wins, like taking candy from a baby lmao...
These little things just caused me to have a really bad time. I felt cheated by everyone :/
Maybe it's all my own fault or maybe I'm the only one thinking so negatively, maybe I was just having a bad day I don't know, which is why I say no offense to anyone mentioned here. But it's true that I am still very upset :/

With that said, I apologize to everyone at the tournament about my attitude that day.
I was rude to Tempest after our Pm Pools match when it was a close and honorable set
And didn't shake Amanze's hand after he beat me with Link in PM, and I feel really bad about that, because I know Amanze will always be a homie even after how much of a douche I can be.
Along with just being rude to everyone and being a downer in general.
I will definitely come to the next tournament with a better attitude and try to have a better time regardless of what happens.
Yeah part of it was our fault as T.O.'s for not being as prepared as we should have been. And coaching was illegal, so you could have come to me about that. Also, the Melee bracket was actually very carefully figured out based on skill seeds and location. And I glanced over the P~M pools making sure there wasn't too many from the same location in the same pool (that's why I took people's location with signup), but I guess I missed that one pool. Thanks for sticking with us though.

Last edited:

yoshq

Smash Master
No one uses prereg forms... our main problem was not having change and everyone using 20s, so getting the money separated into each envelope took forever. There was also the fact that we started it an hour late because I didn't forsee it taking so long and didn't prioritize it. My bad for not factoring in the amount of entrants.

Last edited:

HTAG

Smash Rookie
^We've yet to finish late, too.

"No one uses prereg forms" is a pretty terrible excuse for ignoring a pretty solid answer to your TOing problems.
Fun tournament, though. Definitely coming back for ECSS 6.

yoshq

Smash Master
I simply don't believe in them for something that's not national or regional. For locals it seems to me to be an added hassle to check all the names online and to compel everyone to use the forms. If that's the route we have to take in the future, so be it. I didn't know everyone in Minnesota was using them. And glad to hear, HTAG.

Tuggieman

Smash Rookie
Fun with friendlies, got some great gameplay footage which I will post soon on youtube.

Tournament frustrated me since beginners like myself are pitted against lvl 99 opponents with uber gear and then its all over.

Top Bottom