• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 22, 2014] Eau Claire Sucks at Smash 5 (Eau Claire, Wisconsin) feat. Zelgadis!!

yoshq

Smash Master

Eau Claire Sucks at Smash 5 (ECSS5)

Featuring

Zelgadis

We have a really great venue this time (not that the venues before were bad) but I'm just really excited about this one. It's a gaming shop called The District Company <<check them out on Facebook and throw them a like if you're feeling generous. Except the thing about this particular shop is it doesn't even sell games or whatever. You just go there to play games. How much does this cost, you ask? NOTHING. That's right, nothing. All they ask is that you buy some snacks or whatever while you're there. And they have a soda selection that would even put a soda shop from the 60s to shame. They import this **** from.... oops, I almost told you their secrets. Anyway, they have two projector screens on the ground floor for finals... and wait, did I say "floor"? Yes, I did. Because there's two floors. The ground floor and the downstairs which they use for computer gaming. Which we will be using for the tournament as well. Also, they're open til however late they want, so no more going to someone's hotel room to finish finals (Genesis 1) or splitting early because we're getting kicked out (Webster's mall tournaments). "Yeah, that all sounds great YoshQ, but how much will parking cost?" NOTHING. That's right. Leave your wallet in your pants. Except when you're giving me your entry fee. (insert evil laugh here)

Cohosting with Brian Crawford (a.k.a. Loki) and Aaron Frey at the shop. So yeah. Come check it out. March 22nd. Eau Claire. Be thaire. More details incoming as we work out the kinks. All 3 games will be run. We will probably end up doing some sort of crews, be it Chicago vs Madison, Madison vs Minneapolis, whatever. And they have Smash 64 with controllers there as one of the games that you can play. For free. Yeah. So.

Facebook Event
AllIsBrawl Thread

$10 per event per person

12pm: P~M Doubles
2pm: P~M Singles
4pm: Brawl Doubles+Singles
6pm: Melee Doubles+Singles

No outside food or drink.

Melee Rules
Brawl Rules

Project M Rules

I'll just leave this here...

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Obviously coming to this because it's like 10 mins from me. Josh, you need to tag this as midwest so it shows up in the midwest tourney listings.

@ yoshq yoshq what is the entry fee for events?

Last edited:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I'll definitely be telling people in the smash club at UWEC about this. @ yoshq yoshq would it be possible to have a poster for this with the dates and such similar to the one in the op? I could try and put that up around campus.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
You should put something about Zelgadis in the title to attract people imo

@ yoshq yoshq - That's a really whack ruleset for Project M. Just use the APEX ruleset imo. bottom row starters, second row counterpicks

Last edited:

yohobojz

Smash Cadet
Hoping there will be a carpool from Madison, otherwise I can maybe take a bus out there, but that's a toss-up.

Xtra

Smash Ace
^ yeah i should have time to make a bus trip to this one. not being able to drive sucks. i also second stadardtoaster, i did get a lil more hyped when i saw zelgadis was gonna be there.

Wojo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Wojo42
3DS FC
1092-0117-9940
If I can find a ride out there (and I'm searching hard for one) I'll be going.

So if anyone has an extra seat and is passing near the St. Cloud area to get here, I have gas money up for grabs.

I have a ride from St. Cloud to the Cities, now I just need one from there to the event and I should be good. Gas money still up for grabs.

Ride issue has been resolved.

Also, any discounts for bringing in set-ups?

Last edited:

yoshq

Smash Master
If I can find a ride out there (and I'm searching hard for one) I'll be going.

So if anyone has an extra seat and is passing near the St. Cloud area to get here, I have gas money up for grabs.

I have a ride from St. Cloud to the Cities, now I just need one from there to the event and I should be good. Gas money still up for grabs.

Also, any discounts for bringing in set-ups?
Sure, we'll waive your venue fee if you bring a setup.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Venue fee was removed.

Josh, could you please add more detail for the rulesets in the OP like pretty much every other tourney? I'll be having quite a few new people looking at this thread and it won't help them if there isn't much info in regards to the rules.

The sodas here are legit btw.

yoshq

Smash Master
Venue fee was removed.

Josh, could you please add more detail for the rulesets in the OP like pretty much every other tourney? I'll be having quite a few new people looking at this thread and it won't help them if there isn't much info in regards to the rules.

The sodas here are legit btw.
Who cares about the rules? It doesn't matter.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
there will most likely be a lot of new players coming to this as their first tournament and they will not know how stage striking or the counterpick process works. they also may not know that it's 4 stock 8 mins even though that is standard for us. elaboration only helps

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
@ yoshq yoshq - You need to update the op and remove the venue fee. I made a pre-registration form because I know the owner was worried about having enough space. I figured it would probably help him to know how many people are for sure confirmed and how many setups (mainly tvs) people are bringing. Could you please also add a link to the pre-registration form? https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FyjplTiGRD4Gzlgxyq2RD7OhlH9WN9uhDN5UemB4id8

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
yeah that's fine. the doc was made kinda late and not many used it. at this point we're pretty sure we'll have about 40 people going. what important now is having people tell us what they will be bringing

Top Bottom