• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Mar 14, 2015] Excelsior I: Smash Wii U Monthly (Maynard, Massachusetts)

Prawn

Smash Master
This is my first event in a series of monthlies I will be hosting for smash 4.

Venue opens: Noon
Doubles registration: 1:00
Doubles begins: 2:00
Singles registration: 3:00
Singles begins: 4:00

Venue fee: $5(venue fee is waived if you bring a wii u, copy of smash 4, and GameCube adapter)

Doubles: $10 per team
Singles: $10 per player(entering singles automatically enters you in a raffle for an amiibo!!!!)

Payouts:

If twenty or more players/teams enter:

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 5%

If less then twenty players/teams enter:
1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

Now presenting....
Prawns Ruleset v1.0

3 stocks
8 minutes
Best 2 out of 3 sets
Loser's finals, winner's finals, and grand finals are all best of 5 sets.

Custom fighters set to ON. Each wii u will be preloaded with the "top custom sets" according to Amazing Ampharos' customs project(here: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-standard-custom-moveset-project-initial-release.381395/)

Stage list:

Starters -
Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville

Counterpicks -
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Town & City
Duck Hunt
Kongo Jungle 64
Skyloft
Halberd
Omegas*

*banning FD also bans all omega stages

Additional rules:
3 stage bans
Team attack set to on in doubles

Game 1 character and custom set choices are chosen double blind(ask a TO to take down both players choices without the other hearing). The lower seeded player/team strikes one starter, the other player/team then strikes one starter and the remaining stage is chosen.

Game 2, the winner of game 1 bans 3 stages from the starters and counterpicks, the loser of game 2 chooses a remaining stage. The winner of game 1 then chooses both character and custom set, the loser of game 1 is then allowed to choose their character and custom set after that. Repeat for all other games in set.

Team colors: Teams must choose a character color that most closely resembles their team color to avoid confusion.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect: No player/team may choose a stage they previously won on in the same set.

Prawn

Smash Master
Please let me know if you are bringing a setup, either just a console or a whole setup with TV

List of setups:
Prawn - one full setup
Excelsior - one full setup
pwnage police - full setup
Rhode Islands finest - full setup
Lance - full setup?

Bringing just your wii u with adapter won't get venue fee off but we will most likely have extra tvs so if you can you should do that too! More setups = more friendlies, quicker brackets, more time for a side event.

Last edited:

Prawn

Smash Master
If I can come I could bring my WiiU, but I don't have everything unlocked and I don't have an adapter.
Bring it. We'll sort it out. You'll still have to pay 5 dollar venue though.

We could really use a few more flat screens. Right now if dissent comes and brings his we're at 5. I'd like at least 2 more if possible. I'll see what I can do.

GroundZero996

Smash Apprentice
Bring it. We'll sort it out. You'll still have to pay 5 dollar venue though.

We could really use a few more flat screens. Right now if dissent comes and brings his we're at 5. I'd like at least 2 more if possible. I'll see what I can do.
I can't make it actually. Couldn't find someone to cover my shift.

The_Paradiddler

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 2397 7602 9504
I'd love to come, my crew and I are from NH and it's so hard to find tournaments. If we can make it we'd have 2 wii u's 2 games and 2 adapters with us, maybe even a tv. also if flat screens are an issue old crts work just as well, there's no lag difference

Prawn

Smash Master
I'd love to come, my crew and I are from NH and it's so hard to find tournaments. If we can make it we'd have 2 wii u's 2 games and 2 adapters with us, maybe even a tv. also if flat screens are an issue old crts work just as well, there's no lag difference
You should definitely come down. That would be sick.

Myles5000

Smash Rookie
I live in the Boston area and was looking for a ride to and from this event. I'll of course pitch in for gas, so lemme know if you can do it.

PWNAGEPOLICE

Smash Cadet
NNID
WellWisherELF
I'll be bringing a setup. This is Pwnage.
Edit: Prawn want to team for doubles?

Last edited:

Prawn

Smash Master
I'll be bringing a setup. This is Pwnage.
Edit: Prawn want to team for doubles?
Think I'm teaming with meccs but I'd be very interested in doing double d3 someday lol.

Also I wanna moneymatch your d3 with my non d3 characters

Prawn

Smash Master
So the venue owner says we can probably be there as late as 1 or 2 am! Obviously the singles tournament will end a lot earlier then that but if people stick around we will do a fun cheap/free side event!

Thinking either draft crews OR state vs state crew battles/4v4 maybe

Prawn

Smash Master
Still looking for an answer to this. I really want to come but I have to have a fair bit of time in advance to ask for the day off, especially next month, since it's about to start getting busy around town.
No idea yet I'll know better this weekend

Prawn

Smash Master
Good to know, is there anyway for me to keep an eye out for said date so I have enough time in advance?
I'll post the link to the results thread in this thread and that will have the next date announced. Should be Saturday night or Sunday morning

Top Bottom