• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ventura Smash Monthly

Ventura Smash Monthly
Posted by Flutt3rTree
Backwoods / Ventura Drive
Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 03:00 PM
Until: Sunday, November 12, 2017 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Flutt3rTree

Smash Rookie

Introducing a new monthly series in North Georgia. Smash 4 tournaments will be held monthly with potential other side events as well. Other potential side events include: Melee / PM / Brawl / SSB64 / SFV / RoA. Rules for additional events besides Smash 4 will be listed as events are decided.

Pizza and Drinks will be available
$2 per slice of pizza
$1 for a cup of Soda (Coke / Sprite / Fanta)

- Smash 4 Tournament Rules -
- Double Elimination Singles and Doubles Tournaments
- $5 Venue fee
- $5 Entry fee for each main tournament
- $1 Entry fee for each side event
- Redemption Bracket for each main tournament
- Tournament is Bring Your Own Controller, a few spare controllers might be available
- First 5 people who bring setups get their venue fee waived and get a free drink and slice of pizza
- Registration begins at 3 PM, doubles starts at 4 PM, and singles starts at 5 PM

- Game Rules -
- 2 stock for singles, 3 stock for Doubles
- 6 minute time limit for singles, 8 minute time limit for Doubles
- Players can make a gentleman's agreement to go to any stage if they would like
- Sudden Death is not played, win goes to player with lowest %
- Players cannot select stages they previously won on unless both players agree

- Smash 4 Stage List and Banning -

Starter Stages:
Battlefield
Final destination
Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
Lylat Cruise
Town & city
Dreamland
Duckhunt

- Stage Striking Rules -
Game 1:
The player with port priority (Player 1) will strike a stage, the next player will strike another then game 1 will be played on the last one left.

Game 2+:
Winning player will strike two stages out of both the starter and counter pick stages. Then the losing player chooses a stage. Then the winning player selects their character first and then the loser picks.

Grand Finals:
Game 1 proceed as normal
Games 2 and on will be 1 stage strike.

Prize pool will be split 60 - 30 - 10 unless there is a high attendance

Bracket will be uploaded for PR / skillkeeper

There will be an expected minimum of 4 complete setups, but any setups or partial setups are greatly appreciated!

FB Link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1406056332768402/

Last edited:

Filler Dmon

Smash Cadet
I wonder if the person hosting this still visits the forum... I just tried to drive by the place, and I'm not sure if I found the right spot...

Justinian

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GenoAzelf
I wonder if the person hosting this still visits the forum... I just tried to drive by the place, and I'm not sure if I found the right spot...
This series died a long time ago. The last one was in March. If you're in GA and looking for a big tournament to attend, Smash @ the Mountain 2017 is a good option. I've got a thread for it on this forum as well.

Filler Dmon

Smash Cadet
This series died a long time ago. The last one was in March. If you're in GA and looking for a big tournament to attend, Smash @ the Mountain 2017 is a good option. I've got a thread for it on this forum as well.
Yeah, I'm gonna try that out. I also should have realized when the user hadn't appeared in a while that something was fishy...

Top Bottom