• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South Final Round "20th Anniversary"

Final Round "20th Anniversary"
Posted by ShinBlanka
Georgia International Convention Center
Friday, March 10, 2017 - 08:00 AM
Until: Sunday, March 12, 2017 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

ShinBlanka

Smash Journeyman
FINAL ROUND LLC proudly presents:

FINAL ROUND "The 20th Anniversary"

Date/Location:

March 10-12, 2017

Georgia International Convention Center
2000 Convention Center Concourse, Atlanta, GA 30337

Hello everyone, this is Larry and this will be the 20th anniversary of FINAL ROUND! This year will be a celebration of the FGC. Not only reflecting on the past events, but ushering a new future for not just FR, but the FGC as a whole! This will truly be a family reunion type event and you can't spell Family Reunion without the FR!. Of course I personally would like to thank everyone in the FGC, vendors, and the sponsors that have supported FINAL ROUND throughout the years because without you guys there wouldn't be any FINAL ROUND or scene!

Life is so short and things shouldn't be taken for granted. Instead of burning bridges we at FINAL ROUND will strive to build bridges to help grow FR and the FGC as a whole! With that being said we look forward to hosting you this year in your favorite games to compete to be the best. There are going to be changes to how we operate during FR to improve your time at the event.

First off we heard your concerns about the venue size last year, so we have stepped our venue game up to a 37,500 sqft exhibit hall to make sure every game event at FR20 is in one room and not spread out like the dragon balls in different rooms! This will make it easier for those that like to compete in multiple games to be in the same room as the rest of the games! All of our online registration will be handled through smash.gg from the start. Doing this we will allow us to be able to produce pools for every game within the week the online registration was closed. No more waiting for pools a few hours before the event starts to know when you play.

There's one question I know most want to know. "Will there be at the door registration at FR20?" I know I got a lot of feedback about this topic on the good and bad side of things.

We will have at the door emergency registration, but with what has happened in past events door registration will only be allowed on Thursday March 9, 2017 between 4pm->9pm eastern standard time! I was going to get rid of Emergency door reg all together, but I will afford those that don't have paypal to still have a chance to compete at FR20. Of course this means coming the day before the event, but that is the trade off. Once the pools are done thursday night they are done for good and everything will start as planned.

With FR20 being the only CPT event to completely fill a 1028 man tournament outside of Evolution we will have to go to the two day system for SFV with pool play starting on Friday March 10th, 2017 and ending on Saturday March 11th, 2017 to ensure we have enough time to complete pools without having people in a ballroom for 18 hours straight!

With T7 FR scheduled to be released before or around FR20 we are planning for huge numbers in that game also so we will have T7FR as a 2 day pool event also, so if you plan on entering either of those games you need to be here on thursday March 9th, 2017 regardless. The full schedule, floor plan, and streaming schedule will be released in a timely manner so those that plan to attend can do so properly. We are reaching numbers that we have to plan for an we have to make both of these game 2 day events to avoid the possible cluster we had at FR19. Just plan to be there for all three days if you're attending FR20!

Online Registration for your games are up now and we are running an early bird registration special right now, so get it while you can! ($45 for badge online while it's $60 at the door) We recommend you to register online as soon as possible to take advantage of the "Early Bird" special! (open until Nov 27, 2016) You will receive a discount on the badge price based on the schedule below: https://smash.gg/tournament/final-round-20

◦ $45 Player Badge if you register BEFORE January 1, 2017
* $50 Player Badge if you register BEFORE February 24, 2017
◦ $60 Player Badge Emergency Registration at the door officially on:

Thursday, March 9, 2017 - 4:00 PM EST to 9:00 PM EST "Emergency Site Registration" and Pre registration
Friday, March 10, 2017 - 8:00 AM EST starts Pre registered badge pick up's only

NOTE: EMERGENCY REGISTRATION IS NOT GUARANTEED - WE WILL ONLY ALLOW EMERGENCY REGISTRATION AS LONG AS THERE ARE AVAILABLE SPOTS LEFT IN THE BRACKETS - THE ONLY WAY TO GUARANTEE ENTRY TO THE EVENT IS TO REGISTER ONLINE!

$30 Spectator fee. Children under the age of 10 (accompanied with parent) unless they are competing are free to spectate and elderly (ages 50 +) are also free to spectate. We will also have a lost badge fee of $10 for those that misplace your badge during the event, but you must show "PROOF OF PURCHASE" to receive the lost badge fee. If you "CAN NOT SHOW PROOF" of purchase you will have to pay the full emergency door fee of $60 to regain entry to the event. If you are competing in ANY singles/teams/exhibition/side tournament at "FR20 YOU MUST GET A COMPETITOR'S BADGE TO COMPETE DURING FR20!"

We care about our attendants and since we aren't in a hotel venue anymore we went out and got a group rate hotel rooms at several hotels. We have the hotel that is right next to the event venue is the Marriott. This location cost more than our usual group rate, but it's right next to the venue so no catching a shuttle to the event. Our second hotel is the Crowne Plaza over by Spondivits. This hotel has smoking or non smoking rooms and is closer to the price range you are use to when attending FR. To reserve a room under the FINAL ROUND 20 group rate you would need to click on the following link (links to be added later) or call the hotel directly at:

Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
2020 Convention Center Concourse, Atlanta, GA 30337
(404) 763-1544

Online Room reservations at bit.ly/FR20hotel

Double Beds = $125 PER night

Crowne Plaza Atlanta Airport
1325 Virginia Ave, Atlanta, GA 30344
(404) 768-6660

2 DOUBLE BEDS=$99 PER NIGHT smoking or non smoking
1 BED= $99 PER NIGHT

I have 300 rooms reserved at the Marriott and 100 rooms reserved at the Crowne Plaza. Please reserve them asap because the sooner we sell these rooms the more likely they will release more rooms to our group. They will release more rooms but only if we sell our group out early! Remember they sell rooms to other people outside of our group rate.

Here's the list of games that are on the official tournament line up:

Games: (Singles) double elimination.

Street Fighter V (PS4) - $10 (Fri and Sat) 1024 man cap
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (WiiU) - $10 (Sat)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (360) - $10 (Sat)
King Of Fighters 14 (PS4) (Fri) - $10
Tekken 7 FR (PS4) - $10 ( Fri-Sat)
Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (PS4) - $10 (Fri)
Mortal Kombat XL (PS4) - $10 (Sat)
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator (PS3) (Sat) - $10
BlazBlue Central Fiction (ps4) - $10 (Fri)
Super Smash Brothers Melee - (Wii or Gamecube) $10 (Sat)
Pokken Tournament - (WiiU) - $10 (Sat)

All team/Community ran events will be must held on Friday March 10 as this is the only day we have available to run them in a timely manner. All team/exhibitions/community events must get approved by ME to be ran at FR20 period! Any "Community event" will be ran by the communities that requested their game to be played at FR20. Remember that if the game is labeled Community event that doesn't mean it won't happen. If I allow it at FR then it's a tournament regardless of the label. Hence the name EVENT in the title. We would just need some help with the systems/games and you will have an area to play and run the tournament. All community events registration will be at the door only.

We will have casual stations for people to play casuals during the event and we will be introducing the smash.gg ladder system for casual ranked battles that you could win prizes from! It worked well at Red Bull Battle Grounds NAF and I wanted to implement it at FR20!

If you've been to FR you know we always have an arcade for everyone to enjoy as it helps remind our younger generation where this scene came from! With that being said we want to bring back the old school arcade tournament at FR20. Just like the old school arcade scene you will have to register for your game at the event, but you can take advantage of the early bird online pay for your badges.

With the great response we got from having the 3S tournament at TFC I want to do something for the CvS2 crowd at FR20. We will have CvS2 tournament on friday with a $500 prize bonus supplied by me.

Capcom VS SNK 2 - $10 (Japanese cab, Dreamcast or PS2.) (Fri) TBD at a later date!

Please contact me if you have a cvs2 board as we would need at least 3-4 to make sure things runs smoothly.

We will have multiple streams for FR20 for those that can not attend the event to get a small taste of the event, but we will not have dedicated game streams unless the producers of the game sponsor those streams. With getting a new venue comes new venue cost and I can't afford to have 6 streams dedicated to a genre of gaming without sponsorship help. This isn't a slight to any group of players but I can't afford it anymore. We will try to put as many games on stream in an evenly fashion, but no promises will be made. If you want to see everything at FR20 you should attend to take it all in TBH. We are glad to have the following streamers for
FR20:

Team Spooky - http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
FunkyP - http://www.twitch.tv/funkyp
Kombatnetwork - http://www.twitch.tv/kombatnetwork
Bifuteki - https://www.twitch.tv/bifuteki

The cosplay event better than last year as we will have a professional Cosplay judge for this years event. CosPlay contest will be on Saturday March 11, 2017. We hope with these improvements this year everyone will enjoy their time at FR20. This is the 20th Anniversary and family reunion. See you guys soon and thank you for the continued support!

Top Bottom