• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Mar 1, 2014] Don't Get 4-Stocked! Project M Tournament (Manteca, CA)

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I live in San Jose, but I'm willing to make the trip out there to participate! And I'll probably bring a friend along with me, too. It's also been a while since I participated in a tourney, so if I'm out of practice, then I apologize.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
awesome :) doesn't matter if it's been a while. we will have lots of new players here! quite a few have never gone to a tournament before. it'll be great bc project:m always has something new to offer! a new game, new people.. it'll be awesome haha

so far i have posted on several different facebook pages, but i'll make an official event page right now, and i'll make it public and link it for everybody

edit: aaaaand here it is https://www.facebook.com/events/478537528919461/

Last edited:

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I live in San Jose, but I'm willing to make the trip out there to participate! And I'll probably bring a friend along with me, too. It's also been a while since I participated in a tourney, so if I'm out of practice, then I apologize.
We're Looking forward to having you there!

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
I might drive down for this one if my schedule allows it.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Fresno, Ca. So it'll be about a 2 hour drive depending on traffic.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
alright. maybe u can contact some of the ones on FB? from what i heard there is another group coming from Fresno as well

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
recently spreading the fb invites to a wider range of people. gotta keep consistent on this haha.

war torn front was tagged in the event, and they shared our information as well :)

Last edited:

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
recently spreading the fb invites to a wider range of people. gotta keep consistent on this haha.

war torn front was tagged in the event, and they shared our information as well :)
Attendance is going to be really good from the looks of things.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
just had another intense training session with cpu's today! hope yall are ready!

let's keep spreading the word via FB and reddit, etc

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
just had another intense training session with cpu's today! hope yall are ready!

let's keep spreading the word via FB and reddit, etc
intense training? You're not the only one.
Today or tomorrow I'll make a new reddit post reminding everyone and hopefully wrangling in some new comers.

Last edited:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
ah yeah that's true.. i keep forgetting about that. youre not going to socal regionals?

KillaDC562

Smash Rookie
heyy badguy! im from fresno and ima be heading to this! if you need a ride ill pm you so you can car pull!

Last edited:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I don't mean to double post again but here's an update:

RJ actually doesn't have a Wii at his house so I think among my friends I will only have one setup. So anyone who's coming, please bring one! He does, however, have a mic and recording hardware, which he will bring. I have a Wii and CRT which I will bring for sure.

Also:

I will be hosting a smashfest the night before the tournament, feb 28, at MY HOUSE. Just message me here, on fb, or text me for my address. RJ is sleeping over and I think spenser is coming.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I don't mean to double post again but here's an update:

RJ actually doesn't have a Wii at his house so I think among my friends I will only have one setup. So anyone who's coming, please bring one! He does, however, have a mic and recording hardware, which he will bring. I have a Wii and CRT which I will bring for sure.

Also:

I will be hosting a smashfest the night before the tournament, feb 28, at MY HOUSE. Just message me here, on fb, or text me for my address. RJ is sleeping over and I think spenser is coming.
How many more people can you accommodate at your house?

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
we weren't planning on streaming at war torn, just recording the matches and uploading them later. But yes they do, why?
My friend's girlfriend might come and she was wondering if she could bring her laptop and get on the internet in case she got bored (Which is bound to happen in my opinion :p). Also, I noticed there's a magic tournament the same day our tournament is. Does this place have enough room for both of us?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
My friend's girlfriend might come and she was wondering if she could bring her laptop and get on the internet in case she got bored (Which is bound to happen in my opinion :p). Also, I noticed there's a magic tournament the same day our tournament is. Does this place have enough room for both of us?
There wnt be an issue with space, we have the larger half of the building just for us. and Ill go over there today an ask about wifi, and this magic tourney, because there wasn't suppose to be anything same day as ours...we scheduled this way in advance.

ItalianStallion

Smash Journeyman
There wnt be an issue with space, we have the larger half of the building just for us. and Ill go over there today an ask about wifi, and this magic tourney, because there wasn't suppose to be anything same day as ours...we scheduled this way in advance.
Cool. Thanks. As for the Magic tourney, I'm not actually sure if it's anything to be concerned about. I just went to this calender page for them and saw Magic stuff was happening all day. http://www.meetup.com/WarTornFront/events/calendar/#calendar
Just hit the blue arrow to go to March and you'll see what I mean.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
Cool. Thanks. As for the Magic tourney, I'm not actually sure if it's anything to be concerned about. I just went to this calender page for them and saw Magic stuff was happening all day. http://www.meetup.com/WarTornFront/events/calendar/#calendar
Ya i looked at that yesterday, and I was surprised to see that our tournament wasn't on there. I'll bring up the wifi when im there today

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah i'm sure they know about our tourny even though they don't have us on the calendar. weird tho, we should've been on there by now

my house is plenty big so i can accomodate as many people as needed

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
We are on their schedule, but they're not allowing the use of their wifi. They will allow us to connect via hardwire for streaming though, so thats awesome!

Skootarius

Smash Cadet
Hey, I want to get 4-Stocked for 5 bucks! :p I'm a relatively moderate level player out of P-Ville along with Italian Stallion, and I'm sooper pumped. I've been drinking moo-moo milk all week!! -3% yall!

Top Bottom