• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MannCo: Cookie Country v3

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Oh, pffft, that's easy, the sliders on the left below "jitter", "smooth", and stuff. There's also a left and right option allowing you to only change half of an expression. That, corresponding with the graph editor, makes manual lip sync really fun! There are lots of "Edels" on Steam, didn't know which one you were, but there's only one "Nefnoj", might be easier for you to add me, haha. I'm assuming you did Valves tutorials? Jimer Lins has a lot of good YouTube tutorials, some of them are complicated, but they all take you step-by-step assuming you know nothing, which is REALLY helpful for someone like me who may have skipped a tutorial or two, haha.
My sig has a link of my steam lol
And the OP here too, Along with my Deviant art page!

Thanks for the tips! Ima try them soon. I also read 23 tutorials (yes counting) so far so good!

I'll search for ya. Name's Burning Rose.

I'm not trying to sound privy, but how's planet wisp coming along?

. . . how do I put it lightly . . .

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I just realized that as you leave Brawl hacking and go to Source, I leave Source to go to Brawl hacking, haha!

Would you happen to know how to give characters Game & Watch's 2D shader?

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
I just realized that as you leave Brawl hacking and go to Source, I leave Source to go to Brawl hacking, haha!

Would you happen to know how to give characters Game & Watch's 2D shader?
Nope.... I've seen it in brawl vault tho.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how incompatible are my stages now with 3.6 beta around? Must be huge.

Man, I wish I had a MannCo"C" like Smash 3C is to S3 XD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see from the title up there, then you know the worst possible thing happened to Wisp. It only works on dolphin since wii's cant handle it. That... left me really bummed. So Im pretty sure I wanna stop making things with hopes of making it work.

Still, I find it hard to leave this place as it makes me really happy to help all of you with your mods...

Last edited:

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
Nope.... I've seen it in brawl vault tho.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how incompatible are my stages now with 3.6 beta around? Must be huge.

Man, I wish I had a MannCo"C" like Smash 3C is to S3 XD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see from the title up there, then you know the worst possible thing happened to Wisp. It only works on dolphin since wii's cant handle it. That... left me really bummed. So Im pretty sure I wanna stop making things with hopes of making it work.

Still, I find it hard to leave this place as it makes me really happy to help all of you with your mods...
Sorry to hear that Planet Wisp doesn't work and I hope that you have fun with your Source Engine based endeavors.Also, I have a suggestion for Planet Wisp. Maybe give the map files to so someone else in hopes that they get the stage working on Wii so your great work isn't wasted.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Maybe you could consider Smash 4?
Smash 4 is impossibleh.
OH MY GOSH.

This is one of the increasingly more common opportunities in life where I'm glad to have been proven wrong.
Dantarion figured out kind've.
There is a diccussion going on here about the Smash 4 hacking and trust me Progress has been made.
Even if it makes it easier to mod than Brawl, I will never work with anything Nintendo related. It feels great to do things outside of the grey zone, and besides, when a game company does its best to hide a part of the community in a way that makes the members of said part of the community distrust each other in a matter that makes most un-supportive... that's saying something.

Dhillz521

Smash Apprentice
Even if it makes it easier to mod than Brawl, I will never work with anything Nintendo related. It feels great to do things outside of the grey zone, and besides, when a game company does its best to hide a part of the community in a way that makes the members of said part of the community distrust each other in a matter that makes most un-supportive... that's saying something.
Okay.

lean23

Smash Rookie
So these stages won't work for 3.6? :(

I am trying to figure out how to get more awesome content onto my Project M SD card

Cahalan

Smash Ace
So these stages won't work for 3.6? :(

I am trying to figure out how to get more awesome content onto my Project M SD card
You know there's someone on this sub forum who is porting stages to 3.6b, right?

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Bless that someone.

I miss this place... almost wanna make me come back.
Your profile picture is AWESOME!! On the Steam Workshop, there's a tool that'll allow you to paint models, including Team Fortress 2 items! If you ever tire of default black, check it out!

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Your profile picture is AWESOME!! On the Steam Workshop, there's a tool that'll allow you to paint models, including Team Fortress 2 items! If you ever tire of default black, check it out!
Thanks! I actually have that, its a rig thingy. But I also use photoshop to fix these stuff as well. Also my cosmetics were actually painted black already so convenience :p

TheDarkMysteryMan

Banned via Warnings
Ay yo. Sorry I'm late on this, but I can understand why you don't want to mod Brawl. Chase your dreams and go wild with Steam. Also **** KCMM and have a blast. PM me if you need anything.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Ay yo. Sorry I'm late on this, but I can understand why you don't want to mod Brawl. Chase your dreams and go wild with Steam. Also **** KCMM and have a blast. PM me if you need anything.
You are a pretty nice guy once people gets to know you better. I don't remember what happened in KCMM anymore...

[hr]

Anyhow.

Here's a link containing all of my stages, both released and unreleased, working and non working. These are old 3.5 stages. If you don't find it on KCMM, you'll find it here.
Go nuts gentlemen.

And here is Planet Wisp that only works on dolphin. One of the hardest projects I had to scrap... hopefully one day I'll see it bloom.

Here are my characters.

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/a4ppcahgfmj8u/Characters

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pmfisgg6hdkds/Project_R

Again, go nuts.

Last edited:

TSW

Smash Rookie
This feels like the end of an era :(
But I tried downloading Planet Wisp, but it's the first version that's already on the vault.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
But I tried downloading Planet Wisp, but it's the first version that's already on the vault.
Could be this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7c0z18ukoayogrc/STGFINAL.pac?dl=0

Or this one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vic69gi9yrgtd6c/Wisp LVL 2.rar?dl=0

Or this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/53d26eqieawbl4u/STGFINALcopys.pac

Or this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/szatf8c3r199cxx/STGFINALcopy.pac

Or this one:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/wior07wo807sabe/STGFINAL.PAC

Could be all of them that were different stages of wisp.

This feels like the end of an era :(
The N64 era ended, but there is still fun to be had with it.

Cahalan

Smash Ace

Im a guy that doesn't give up, regardless of how much I try to.

This pic is on the wii, stable and lagless.
While others push the boundaries of PSA, you and a couple others (including the PMDT) push the limits of stage creation...
God speed your efforts. And I can't wait to play this stage at long last after helping out in the beta testing way back.

Edit: If this is created over Battlefield, you can include a dynamic time-of-day transition just like the one BF has; but it doesn't really matter at this point, I'm just surprised that you were able to get this working on the wii.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
While others push the boundaries of PSA, you and a couple others (including the PMDT) push the limits of stage creation...
God speed your efforts. And I can't wait to play this stage at long last after helping out in the beta testing way back.

Edit: If this is created over Battlefield, you can include a dynamic time-of-day transition just like the one BF has; but it doesn't really matter at this point, I'm just surprised that you were able to get this working on the wii.
I actually pulled it off before for dolphin! Working on FD even. Im being rather cautious with the lightning since that's my grey area. For now, I'll finish up the "night" version and use it as base for the normal version, and maybe after that the day-night cycle.

So, what I need to import now is some stars, a planet, a light beam, and a lake. And fix some materials on the mech.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Feels good

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=209737

It feels really good.

Fog (7).jpg Fog (3).jpg Fog (6).jpg Fog (4).jpg

Works over Battlefield without .rels, Wii and Dolphin tested. Minimal to no lag found. Includes dynamic lightning and some fog to fix some visual confusion issues. No Brstms nor title menu assets available.

I wanna thank the Smash 3 and the Smashboards community, specifically to the testers: Cahalan Cahalan , @CocaineBiceps, @Kurukato87, @ledgerewskie, @Pikmin1211, @SuperMii3D, TheDarkMysteryMan TheDarkMysteryMan , @TopazPhoenix

And to @Taiko for the huge help in optimizations and ideas.

Its been a wild and mentally painful ride. But Im satisfied with the outcome. This is officially the last submission under the Scout/Edel name, have fun with your endeavors, you crazy community you.

Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
Wow thanks so much for releasing this. I've got other Sonic stages I like already, but I'm going to make room for this one specifically since you put such hard work into it. Can't wait to give it a shot tonight.

Is anybody planning to add some animated Whisps or Sonic things?
In the early beta stages, the stage DID have animated wisps:

I think I have those files around somewhere in one of my file hosting places... it did made the game lag and/or might had been one of the factors that made wisp unplayable on wii.

Also, notice the planet on the background? Thats one of the things that gave me a crash, also scrapped.

The lights was also another cause for a crash, which also gave some of my testers headaches due to how bright it is.

And finally, I've placed the stage over Battlefield instead of FD due to having more space to do things, and the sky was perfect already in the .pac That saved me a crap ton of time.

Other stuff I was gonna add includes the stars from Spear Pillar to decor the sky, but again, performance is a first.

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
In the early beta stages, the stage DID have animated wisps:

I think I have those files around somewhere in one of my file hosting places... it did made the game lag and/or might had been one of the factors that made wisp unplayable on wii.

Also, notice the planet on the background? Thats one of the things that gave me a crash, also scrapped.

The lights was also another cause for a crash, which also gave some of my testers headaches due to how bright it is.

And finally, I've placed the stage over Battlefield instead of FD due to having more space to do things, and the sky was perfect already in the .pac That saved me a crap ton of time.

Other stuff I was gonna add includes the stars from Spear Pillar to decor the sky, but again, performance is a first.
Man, I can't imagine those little whisps causing frame rate drops, but I've also never really messed with animated characters in stages before. I'd be willing to give it a shot if you ever find those files.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
So far so good.

I cannot find these files anymore, but I remember that a planet wisp import to mario kart wii made by darkybengi had the wisps I found and are compatible and already animated.

If this stages makes it into a pack, may I see what pack it is? Im gonna go on a trip and Im gonna practice project m again while Im away.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
So far so good.

I cannot find these files anymore, but I remember that a planet wisp import to mario kart wii made by darkybengi had the wisps I found and are compatible and already animated.

If this stages makes it into a pack, may I see what pack it is? Im gonna go on a trip and Im gonna practice project m again while Im away.
You talking to me? About the build I'm working on? Right now it's only for personal use with friends, partially because I can't remember who all I need to credit anymore lol. And also partially because my build isn't super organized right now stage wise. If that's not what you're asking about then I'm a bit confused haha.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
You talking to me? About the build I'm working on? Right now it's only for personal use with friends, partially because I can't remember who all I need to credit anymore lol. And also partially because my build isn't super organized right now stage wise. If that's not what you're asking about then I'm a bit confused haha.
OH! Woops! I forgot to add the

"______________________________________________"

Thing between the paragraphs, I was asking if smashboards pack/build makers are using planet wisp, because aside for me downloading said pack, I could ask the pack maker's opinion on the stage for glitches and/or other issues. Maybe if the issue is something simple, I can update it if its necessary.

But no worries, here, have a Sonic related thing I did in 5 minutes to celebrate Planet Wisp.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

Thing between the paragraphs, I was asking if smashboards pack/build makers are using planet wisp, because aside for me downloading said pack, I could ask the pack maker's opinion on the stage for glitches and/or other issues. Maybe if the issue is something simple, I can update it if its necessary.

But no worries, here, have a Sonic related thing I did in 5 minutes to celebrate Planet Wisp.

That map is so beautiful. There aren't very many great Source Filmmaker maps, but that one is excellently crafted. Too bad I'm not a Sonic person very much, haha. Only games of his I played was one for the Gameboy Advance, and Sonic Heroes. I also watched the Sonic X cartoon a little. Do you have the Sonic rig? Do you understand the aperture and the other thingy that I can't remember thingy for the camera? It focuses on certain targets, good for when you want to force the viewer to look at something.

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman

Ah, gotcha. I'll be sure to make it a regular stage when my friends and I are playing on my build and let you know if there's any issues.

Nezha the Scout

Eyyyyyy
That map is so beautiful. There aren't very many great Source Filmmaker maps, but that one is excellently crafted. Too bad I'm not a Sonic person very much, haha. Only games of his I played was one for the Gameboy Advance, and Sonic Heroes. I also watched the Sonic X cartoon a little. Do you have the Sonic rig? Do you understand the aperture and the other thingy that I can't remember thingy for the camera? It focuses on certain targets, good for when you want to force the viewer to look at something.
Im now using that for all of the stuff I do now:

^Just to show a few, I am a fan of green screening as well, it helps me with using the photoshop stuff I learned while helping out in smash 3, I love always doing something a bit different to the crude renders. So most of the time photoshop does most of the fixing.

I don't use aperture on joke posters or certain vibrantly colored avatar pictures. Im not using that many rigs except for the color rigs, is that bad, should I feel bad about myself? I should feel bad about myself.

I can't wait to start map making for sfm, so far I heard is quite easier and gives more freedom, not to mention the tutorials on everything possible. But I also wanna animate, so much to do, so much to do! So much I can do!

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Im now using that for all of the stuff I do now:

^Just to show a few, I am a fan of green screening as well, it helps me with using the photoshop stuff I learned while helping out in smash 3, I love always doing something a bit different to the crude renders. So most of the time photoshop does most of the fixing.

I don't use aperture on joke posters or certain vibrantly colored avatar pictures. Im not using that many rigs except for the color rigs, is that bad, should I feel bad about myself? I should feel bad about myself.

I can't wait to start map making for sfm, so far I heard is quite easier and gives more freedom, not to mention the tutorials on everything possible. But I also wanna animate, so much to do, so much to do! So much I can do!
I love that Spy one so much. I think Rigs are just faster, much friendlier in terms of motion-animation. With photography, it's less of a thing. I don't use greenscreens at all because I hate them.

I'm so extremely hyped for when you start mapping. The Source Filmmaker community is super low in terms of good mappery.

Top Bottom