• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Manage Your Personal Smash

UserKev

Smash Champion
Welcome to the "Manage Your Personal Smash" thread. This is a thread where in participation where we post updates of (OUR) Smash. A Smash game personally suited for us. Our own Smash title. For example, what is your stage variation like, Modes? Or gameplay, etc? Thread for you.

After some thought, I decided to post a definition of stages in my Smash if I was handling the series reboot. This is how I would handle a Super Smash Bros. Reboot in terms of its stages.

New stages, Koopa's Road, 8-bit Bowser's Castle (Super Mario Bros) Airship, Water World (SMB3) stage, Grassland Groove (DK), Gangplank Galleon, Metroid Dread stage, Samus Ship, Legend of Zelda (NES) stage, Phantom Road, Area 6 Defense Station (Star Fox) Castle Dedede, Cave of The Past (Earthbound) Yoshi's Island (SNES) stage, Gigantamax Snorlax (Pokemon), Metal Crystal is a returnee stage.

Super Smash Bros. Now. is the title of my Smash.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
If you asked me a few months ago, I would've dropped third parties to go all-in on obscure picks, but now I like the idea of a true gaming celebration with a greatly minimized 1st party roster.

Cutting Banjo is a must at least. Sony and Microsoft need to have an equal character amount to Nintendo IMO, and it'd have to be multiplatform. Microcomputers and pre-NES consoles would also need representation.

UserKev

Smash Champion
New Mode for my Super Smash, Rescue The Princess!

The player character is to rush through a hazardous obstacle course within 30 seconds while joined and followed by a CPU princess Peach. If the player fails to reach the end goal, Bowser will appear, making it difficult to complete the course. Princess cannot be left behind, resulting in immediate failure.

Classic Mode is a returnee. Adventure Mode is a returnee, but renamed Nostalgia Mode with a Kirby course, Earthbound course and Yoshi course level.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Just to clarify, is the goal here to manage a Smash which caters to us specifically or one that we'd design for the general public?
This thread is for YOU. For managing your OWN Smash, specifically. Use this thread to post personal ideas (Updates) that define your OWN individual Smash. A conceptual Smash that centers around your taste in what direction you want the series to go. Other users are welcomed to like your ideas. We can also inspire and share ideas. Or reuse inspiration from Sakurai's titles.

This thread is your vault to an idealistic Smash game that doesn't leave your comfort zone.

Is there stages you want in Smash? Is there a absent Mode you miss? Do you miss trophies? etc? Bring them back.

FazDude

Smash Master
This thread is for YOU. For managing your OWN Smash, specifically. Use this thread to post personal ideas (Updates) that define your OWN individual Smash. A conceptual Smash that centers around your taste in what direction you want the series to go. Other users are welcomed to like your ideas. We can also inspire and share ideas. Or reuse inspiration from Sakurai's titles.

This thread is your vault to an idealistic Smash game that doesn't leave your comfort zone.

Is there stages you want in Smash? Is there a absent Mode you miss? Do you miss trophies? etc? Bring them back.
Gotcha, thanks. I’ll probably tackle this tomorrow.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Alright, I have a ton of ideas but here is a decent chunk of them

The Title is "Super Smash!"

rather than a regular menu, it has a hub world you can explore with a character of your choice, kinda like Splatoon. This hub world takes place in "Smash Town" (name subject to change), a town inhabited by various npcs from Nintendo games, such as Toads, Gorons, Waddle Dees etc.

In-universe, the different fighters gather in Smash Town to host friendly matches and tournaments. The general theme of the game itself would be similiar to Mario Strikers in some aspects, but less violent and without the futuristic aesthetic.

With the general basis of the game out of the way, I'll move onto the roster, I'm not gonna go in depth with movesets yet, but some characters would get a few major changes,

This roster is subject to change.
Mario (Super Mario series)
Luigi (Super Mario series)
Peach (Super Mario series)
Toad (Super Mario series)
Bowser (Super Mario series)
Bowser Jr. (Super Mario series)
Dry Bones (Super Mario series)
Yoshi (Yoshi series)
Wario (Wario series)
Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong series)
Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong series)
Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong series)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong series)
Link (The Legend of Zelda series)
Zelda (The Legend of Zelda series)
Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda series)
Impa (The Legend of Zelda series)
Tingle (The Legend of Zelda series)
Samus (Metroid series)
Ridley (Metroid series)
Pit (Kid Icarus series)
Little Mac (Punch-Out!! series)
R.O.B (NES series)
Captain Falcon (F-Zero series)
Ness (Earthbound series)
Kirby (Kirby series)
Bandana Waddle Dee (Kirby series)
King Dedede (Kirby series)
Meta Knight (Kirby series)
Pikachu (Pokemon series)
Meowth (Pokemon series)
Sceptile (Pokemon series)
Genesect (Pokemon series)
Corviknight (Pokemon series)
Fox McCloud (Star Fox)
Slippy Toad (Star Fox series)
Captain Olimar (Pikmin series)
Marth (Fire Emblem series)
Robin (Fire Emblem series)
Andy (Advance Wars series)
Chibi-Robo (Chibi-Robo series)
Isabelle (Animal Crossing series)
Blathers (Animal Crossing series)
Pyra & Mythra (Xenoblade series)
Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit series)
Inkling (Splatoon series)
Dragaux (Ring Fit Adventure series)
Sonic (Sonic The Hedgehog series)
Pac-Man (Pac-Man series)
Mega Man (Mega Man series)
Bomberman (Bomberman series)
Sandbag (Super Smash Bros. series)
Mii (Mii series)
53 characters, smaller than Smash 4, but still pretty beefy

I'll do stages soon

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
For my Smash's menu theme, I want it to take inspiration from Smash 64's menu theme. My menu theme will be mostly quiet, but character taunts can be heard in the background every so often. Theme will mimic pausing sounds, forward Smashes and shield breaking.

Mode selecting will have individual phrases, Vs. Mode - "Show Me Your Moves". Classic Mode - Crowd gasp. Adventure Mode - Laugh of Bowser.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
First up, a few new stages like Bowser’s Castle, Alola Tour, Castle Dedede, Gangplank Galleon, Wyndon Stadium and Studiopolis Zone, and returning fanfaves like Meta Crystal, Yoshi’s Woolly World, Rainbow World and Poke Floats will be there.

Second the roaster includes Fawful, Dark Bowser, Dixie Kong, Midna, Bandanna Dee, Krystal, Lugia, Dragapult, Bio-Rex, Ashley, Knuckles, Shantae, Muddy Mole, Issac and Ray-Man, among others. Also all fighters from earlier smash games are here.

Third new items like Full Restores and Coconut Guns. Also Pokeball Pokémon like Tyrannitar, Torterra, Zebstrika, Tyrantrum, Pyroar, Cramorant and Falinks and Assists like Midbus, Revali, Poochy, Susie, Slippy, Silver and Creeper.

Foruth of all, All Star Mode, Break the Targets and boss battlemode will return. Rayquaza and Duon are back as bosses, plus new bosses like Ender Dragon and Perfect Chaos are there too.

Fifth of all, some fighter get reworked a bit. For instance, Mario uses his hammer, Dark Sami’s uses her tentacles, Lucario uses his bone rush, Bowser will talk and hide in his shell during his shield mode and certain fighters will move faster.
There will be more to come

Last edited:

FazDude

Smash Master
I am going to preface this by saying that I would be more than comfortable with Smash becoming a true gaming celebration, but since Wario3's already brought that up, I'm going to take things in a different direction.

Let me introduce you to Super Smash Bros. But Awesome (wouldn't be the actual title; i just suck at names). It's not a realistic Smash concept, but it's one that would make me the most happy.
  • Aesthetic-wise, SSBBA would be a happy medium between the aesthetic of Smash 64 and... well, pretty much every Smash since; Not quite as melodramatic as something like Ultimate, but not insanely cartoony like 64 (well, 64's boxart, rather - the actual in-game menus were pretty tame).
    • I think the best example of what I want to go with is the general aesthetic of Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse - Something colorful and stylish, but in a cool sort of way.
    • I'd definitely bring back the 64 style for the logo, though.
  • Fighter Stuff(tm)
    • Fighters-wise, I'm not going to go down the "Everyone Is Here" route... but that doesn't mean the roster will get a major overhaul, or at least won't cut as many characters as most "Smash reboot" rosters do. As much as I understand why people don't like the idea of Everyone Is Here, I don't want to cut too many characters.
    • Maybe I'll do a proper roster sometime, I dunno.
    • Movement updates: Melee-style wavedashing! A dedicated strafe button! ...That's it, actually!
    • As for the characters I am keeping, I'll try my best to keep most of them the same as they are unless something is really outdated. To remedy this for people who want characters to lean more towards their canon for movesets, Custom Moves will return, featuring moves directly inspired by the fighters' source material.
    • Alternate costumes will work similarly to how they work in Street Fighter V, with as many fighters as possible having different costumes with a handful of colors to go with each. Alternate costumes could also have different entrances/taunts/victories.
    • Finally, some characters will have their character mechanics reduced to further promote the simplicity of Smash's core.
  • Generally speaking, I think a few characters could be reworked aesthetically to better suit their character in their home games - Among the ones I'd point out are Mario, Donkey Kong, Bowser, and (to a lesser extent) Diddy Kong and K. Rool.
  • Dr. Mario would probably be cut and made into an alternate costume for Mario. I'm not sure whether I'd make the Megavitamins a Custom Move or have them replace fireballs/iceballs/etc. when using the Dr. Mario costume specifically.
  • I'm going to cover the entire Zelda cast in one section, since I want to make each of their designs reflecting of a certain "era" of the franchise, so putting them all together helps clean that up a bit.
    • Link will return to a look inspired by games like Ocarina of Time as opposed to BoTW (though the Champion's Tunic would be a costume). His moveset will generally remain the same, though (sans the remote bombs being replaced with normal bombs, though again, remote bombs could make for good customs)
    • Honestly, I'm on the fence about Sheik - I always thought she was a weird inclusion, but I do respect why people like to play as her. Worst case scenario, she gets cut and I use Impa's AoC design to remedy that while representing the Hyrule Warriors series.
    • Zelda will use her BoTW design and use a bunch of skills linked to the Sheikah Slate (maybe as her default specials, maybe as Customs, idk)
    • Ganondorf won't see a HUGE overhaul - While he will be further decloned from Captain Falcon, he'll still feel fairly close to good ol' Douglas. The main thing I'd do is swap the sword for a trident, a weapon Ganon's been seen using more often than a sword anyway. I'll refer to this video by Delzethin - It's great and inspired this decision.
    • Like Sheik, I dunno what to do about Young Link - I do want to work the masks from Majora's Mask into his kit somehow, but I dunno how to go about that without making it feel too gimmicky or taking away from what makes Young Link, well, Link (so no axing his bow for Deku projectiles or whatever). Maybe as his Smash attacks?
    • Toon Link is cool, and I like his aesthetic. His Custom Moves could make use of items seen in the "toon" games (Wind Waker, Minish Cap, etc.)
  • By sacrificing Zero Suit Samus, I'd try and bring Samus a little closer to how she feels in her home games stat-wise; Balancing out her mobility and strength.
  • Not sure how controversial of a choice this is, but I'd like to make Dark Samus less of an echo, if only to embody the raw power Samus would probably lose in her rework.
  • Yoshi gets a moveset overhaul. His kit honestly never felt right to me. Move Egg Lay to Side Special to make room for egg throwing as a Neutral Special, give him a proper Up B, and you're good to go.
  • Luigi would be reworked to move a little closer to his Luigi's Mansion appearance, both in terms of abilities and personality.
  • Bye, Jigglypuff.
  • Daisy would be decloned and made into a representative for Mario sports as a whole (mainly more aggressive ones like Strikers to suit her personality).
  • Pichu gets cut.
  • Like Zelda, I'm going to cover the entire FE cast in one go - Moveset wise, the majority of them stay the same, but I'd like to balance out the weapon types seen within its roster. FE has a lot of different classes which could make for fun movesets (and Byleth proves you can make a good one without restricting yourself to one class), so it's a damn shame half of them are just swordfighters born from Marth. Give us an archer, Sakurai.
  • Dark Pit becomes a costume for Pit.
  • Wario is moved closer to how he's portrayed in the Wario Land games. To make up for this, his WarioWare appearance would remain as a costume, and there'd probably be a homegrown WarioWare rep in the roster.
  • Sonic gets a moveset overhaul, but I won't go into detail about that because this post is getting long as is.
  • I'm not saying I 100% want to do this, but I think it'd be cool if a bunch of different Animal Crossing characters were made into costumes for Villager. At the same time, though, I kinda want a unique Tom Nook, so I'm conflicted.
  • I'd also rework Little Mac a little - Not to the extent of someone like Sonic, but I want him to feel more like a bait-and-punish character (that super armor on his smashes, as fun as it is, has to go).
  • Pac-Man's customs would be based on Pac-Man World.
  • Due to the new strafe button, Ryu and Ken would lose their "1v1 auto-facing" property, as well as their special command inputs (although you could still get a little visual easter egg if you put them in).
    • Oh, and give them both their evil forms as costumes.
  • Octolings would probably be a costume for Inkling.
  • Richter becomes a Simon costume.
  • Fix Banjo. That is all.
  • Terry and Kazuya get the same kind of treatment as Ryu and Ken.
I'm not going to go into detail about each and every one here, but here goes nothin'.
  • Waluigi
  • Crash Bandicoot
  • Heavy (TF2)
  • Doom Slayer
  • Dr. Eggman, Tails, &/or Knuckles
  • An indie rep (Not too fussed about who. Shovel Knight, Frisk, Among Us)
  • Chun-Li
  • Marx
  • Red
  • ...etc., can't name everyone who I want in this game LOL
Mii Fighters are completely overhauled.
  • Like in Smash 4, the size of a Mii can be controlled. You also have a "stat tree" where you have a limited number of points to spend on your character's stats.
  • Movesets are no longer class-based, but rather weapon-based. That means that hats, outfits, and weapons are all seperate. Want Sans Undertale to wield the Master Sword? You can have that.
  • SSBBA would feature a Mii Maker not unlike that of Miitopia.
  • In addition, more weapon types and specials would be added, allowing for way, WAY more possibilities when it comes to unique Mii Fighters and movesets.
  • FINALLY moving away from fighters, let's talk about stages - I don't have nearly as many ideas for them, but one idea I do find rather cool is giving each fighter a "home stage".
    • Also, I'd make Stage Builder a combo of its Brawl and Wii U/Ultimate incarnations - Allow for both grid-based and stylus-based level design.
  • As for modes, I'd keep everything from Ultimate - Add in some minigames like Break the Targets, a new story mode mixing the best of Subspace and World of Light, and you've got yourself a nice package.
  • Trophies return, but are given the stat buffs and character-specific battles like Spirits.
That's all I'm writing for now - I feel like I've been writing for ages, and I'm getting tired. If there's anything you want me to touch upon in this word vomit, please let me know - I'd love to talk more about it!

Pupp135

Smash Lord
Tbh, I’d be fine with just porting Ultimate, adding an unranked Quickplay, and my two most wanted fighters (Tidus and Issac). But l’ll just assume that I porting Ultimate is not an option.

If I was making a Smash game myself, it’d probably be closer to a retro demake fangame than anything (think like Super Clash Crossover’s battle mode or the Melee 64/Smash 1 mod).

I can go into specifics later on like a proposed playable roster, a list of modes, and a stage list.
Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Fox
Pikachu
Pokemon Trainer
Mewtwo
Ness
Ice Climbers
Marth?
Sonic
Sora
Cloud
Tidus
this is just tenative
Multiplayer
Vs.: This is like the battle mode shown above. Ideally, I’d put in 8 player support, but 4 would probably be more manageable.
Tourney: This is an extended version of the real games where a 2v2 or double elimination format would be present.
Single Player
Arcade Mode: Just an alternate name for 1P Game/Classic Mode
Mob Smash: Just like the other games,
Target Test
Board the Platforms
All-Star: Probably more like Smash Remix as my roster would be pretty small
Boss Battle
Trophies would be used as collectables
Peach’s Castle
Mushroom Kingdom (redone)
Bowser’s Castle
Some Mario Party and Kart Stage
Oil Drum Alley
Hyrule Castle
Pyramid of Power
Crateria
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon Stadium
Goldenrod City
Magicant
Arcanea
Icicle Mountain (redone)
Green Hill Zone
Chemical Plant Zone
Egg Carrier
Twilight Town
Golden Saucer
Belvelle
This is tenative

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
For my Smash's menu aesthetic, will take inspiration after the Nintendo logo.
1656042580588.png

The Menu's wording style resembles the official (Nintendo) logo aesthetic, but (logo-ing) Smash Modes. Background ranges from black to gray to white. Menu wording will range from a variation of a specific color of the represented series symbol when backed out of the press start screen. Alternate option, every series symbol is visible in the background.

FazDude

Smash Master
Hey, remember when I said I might do a roster for Smash But Awesome? Well, I did - Plus home stages for every fighter (though these wouldn't be the only stages)!

Please note that this isn't meant to be my definitive roster; I'm open to critique on how I handle fighters.

Also, I'm going to sort things by series.
Fighters
  • Mario (Donkey Kong) (64)
    • Moveset-wise, most things will be kept the same; An animation overhaul to fit his canon personality, replacing Cape with the Star Spin, and giving Mario a new (yet simple) special based on Cappy are pretty much the only things I think Mario really needs.
    • For Custom Moves, I'd make the Ground Pound a Down Special custom, with Mario's down air being the same stomp Dr. Mario has. As for the others, different projectiles for his Neutral Special and the return of F.L.U.D.D. in some capacity are ideas I also like.
    • Costumes: Default, Dr. Mario, Wedding Mario, Builder Mario, SM64 Mario
  • Luigi (Mario Bros.) (64)
    • Luigi would be reworked a little more than Mario would; However, it's a little more complicated than "Just Add Poltergust" - Not only does Luigi gain some abilities based on Luigi's Mansion, but he also leans a little more into imitating his big brother while keeping his clumsy and awkward traits - If Mario's dash attack is the Long Jump, Luigi's will have him attempt one himself, only to trip over and perform a somersault "attack".
    • For Custom Moves, I only have ideas for Luigi's Neutral Special, to be honest - His default would be the same fireball he has currently, but his customs would give him a stream of fire, non-damaging water, or freezing ice, referencing the Elemental Badges in LM1.
    • Costumes: Default, Dr. Luigi, Casino Luigi, Mr. L
  • Peach (Super Mario Bros.) (Melee)
    • Peach doesn't need quite as much of a rework as the Mario Bros. do, but there is one idea I really like. Rather than using Toad for a Neutral Special, Peach uses the heart barrier she has access to in Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, using it to absorb projectiles and temporarily stun opponents. I could also see her using a ribbon for a long-range Side Special rather than "AH-CHA!", but other than that, Peach is pretty much on-point (aside from maybe using her parasol a bit more often - Maybe as a new forward smash?).
    • I don't really have any ideas for Custom Moves.
    • Costumes: Default, Athletic Outfit, Sunshine Outfit, Wedding Outfit
  • Bowser (Super Mario Bros.) (Melee)
    • Bowser's a bit slower and less mobile than he is in Ultimate, but to make up for it, he is a physical powerhouse meant to intimidate opponents as any good video game boss should! As for reworks, not only is his animations/voice reworked to better suit his personality from the Mario series, but he gains a new function to his Neutral Special - Simply tapping the special button will have him spew out a fireball (although it's more like Ryu's Hadoken than a zoning tool), while holding the button gives him his usual fire breath. I'd also swap the purposes of Up and Down Special, making Bowser Bomb a recovery tool and making Whirling Fortress a potent defensive option.
    • Again, no ideas for Custom Moves.
    • Costumes: Default, Dry Bowser, Fury Bowser
  • Bowser Junior (Super Mario Sunshine) (Smash 4)
    • I really don't see a need to rework Junior all that much - Maybe throw in a few more uses of his Magic Paintbrush, but otherwise, he's A-OK.
    • His Custom Moves have him make use of all sorts of devious tools - Bob-Ombs, Koopa Shells, you name it!
    • Costumes: Default, the Koopalings
  • Daisy (Super Mario Land) (Ultimate)
    • Daisy is the first character on our list to be completely reworked, now using athletic techniques and abilities from various Mario sports games.
    • Her Custom Moves just give us more sports stuff.
    • Costumes: Default (her usual sporty wear), Strikers Outfit
  • Goomba / Koopa Troopa / Piranha Plant (Super Mario Bros.) (Piranha Plant in Ultimate, Goomba and Koopa are newcomers)
    • I really didn't want to cut Piranha Plant, but I wanted it to represent something more than just their own species. As such, they're joined by a Goomba and Koopa Troopa, who bring their own skills and tools to the battle, to form the Koopa Troop, a representative for all mookkind!
    • Piranha Plant can stay the same, being a trapper, but Goomba and Koopa Troopa should have different archetypes, strengths, and weaknesses. In a sense, they're pretty much the Pokemon Trainer minus the trainer.
    • Their Custom Moves would probably just be different abilities from their species.
    • Costumes: Default, but other than that, coming up with costumes for a three-in-one fighter is tricky. Maybe an "undead" set featuring a Bone Goomba, Dry Bones, and Bone Piranha Plant?
  • Toad (Super Mario Bros.) (Newcomer)
    • Actually, I'm not 100% sure how Toad's moveset would work. Mushrooms? Items? I dunno, you could do anything with this guy and it'd be fairly in character. Same goes for Custom Moves.
    • Costumes: Default, Toadette, Captain Toad
Home Stages
  • Mario: Mushroom Kingdom
  • Luigi: Luigi's Mansion
  • Peach: Peach's Castle
  • Bowser: Bowser's Castle
  • Bowser Junior: Airship Fleet
  • Daisy: Daisy Cruiser
  • Koopa Troop: Mushroom Underground
  • Toad: A Mario Kart track
Fighters
  • Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong) (64)
    • Donkey Kong, aside from aesthetical changes (mainly for his personality and Side Special, the latter having him make use of a barrel instead of headbutting), generally remains the same - I could see his Up Special becoming a Barrel Cannon, but it'd probably still have to be a fairly poor recovery.
    • No idea what to do for customs.
    • Costumes: Default, Boxing Outfit
  • Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country) (Brawl)
    • Moveset-wise, I think Diddy's fine as is - I'd probably lean into his tryhard traits a little bit more by axing the Banana Peel and adding a risk-reward factor to him, but other than that, he's alright. Oh, and give him his canon voice.
    • Again, no idea what to do for customs.
    • Costumes: Default, Sunglasses + Backwards Cap
  • King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country) (Ultimate)
    • Aside from giving him a more fitting voice (best case scenario would be Chris Sutherland, but given that he's in his 60s, I wouldn't be surprised if he retired), we don't need to change anything about K. Rool. He is perfection.
    • His Neutral Special customs would have him use different kinds of cannonballs, namely the ones from DKC2.
    • Costumes: Default, Kaptain K. Rool, Baron K. Roolenstein, King Krusha K. Rool
  • Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong Country 2) (Newcomer)
    • Dixie Kong could probably adopt the mix-up playstyle Diddy would probably drift away from - I'm not sure if I'd make her ponytail spin an Up Special, Side Special, or a jumping mechanic like Peach's float.
    • No idea for Customs.
    • Costumes: Default... uhh... her DKC cartoon look, I guess?
  • Cranky Kong (Donkey Kong Country) (Newcomer)
    • With Cranky, we could give him the barrel-tossing, projectile heavy kit that people want to give DK without actually changing DK himself.
    • Customs could probably make use of a bunch of the hazards seen in the DK arcade games.
    • Costumes: Default, Karate Cranky from DKC3
Home Stages
  • Donkey Kong: Jungle Hijinx
  • Diddy Kong: Stickerbrush Symphony
  • King K. Rool: Gangplank Galleon
  • Dixie Kong: Mangrove Cove
  • Cranky Kong: 25m
Fighters
  • Link (The Legend of Zelda) (64)
    • Link can pretty much stay as is - I have no real issues with his kit.
    • His Customs can make use of different arrows and items from the Zelda games.
    • Costumes: Default (a new look mainly inspired by his OoT look), Champion's Tunic, Twilight Princess
  • Zelda (The Legend of Zelda) (Melee)
    • Zelda, now mainly based on her BoTW appearance, uses Shiekah Slate abilities for her specials.
    • Her Customs reintroduce her old kit, and maybe even have her call on the Champions for help.
    • Costumes: Default (BoTW), Link to the Past, Twilight Princess
  • Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda) (Melee)
    • Ganondorf will see a little bit of reworking, but he'll ultimately remain a close-up powerhouse - Instead of giving him Dead Man's Volley and a ton of other projectiles, I'd like to give him a lot of moves to not only get up close and personal with opponents, but to punish them heavily once he gets that opening. His current kit does a lot of that, but I'm also going to give him some more of his own moves which bring him a little farther away from Captain Falcon. Oh, and a trident. He needs a trident.
    • Customs-wise, this is probably where I'd put most of Ganondorf's projectile-based abilities.
    • Costumes: Default (a new look mainly inspired by OoT like Link), Wind Waker, Beast Ganon with human proportions)
  • Toon Link (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker) (Brawl)
    • Toon Link, like regular Link, stays mostly the same; Sure, he may be pretty similar to Link, but he'd be more speed-focused than his "non-toon" counterpart.
    • His Customs would make use of abilities seen in the "Toon" Zelda games (Wind Waker, Minish Cap, etc.)
    • Costumes: Default, Outset Island Outfit, Conductor Outfit
  • Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask) (Newcomer)
    • Not gonna lie, not really familiar with this character (or Zelda in general, honestly), but I know he's a heavily requested pick, so why not.
  • Midna and Wolf Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess) (Newcomer)
    • I think they can make a pretty fun duo, and I like quadpedral fighters. (Also, yeah, I know this would mean we'd have three Links, but Wolf Link is so far divided from the OG and Toon Links that it doesn't really matter.)
  • Impa (Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity) (Newcomers)
    • A rep for the more modern-day characters, and from what I understand about her, she could make for a much more interesting ninja-type character than Sheik would.
    • As for a costume idea, I'd probably go with her outfit from OoT.
Shoutouts to Ganon (as in his pig form); I was thinking of making him his own fighter, but I'm kinda on the fence due to the Zelda franchise's history of being half clones in Smash.

Home Stages:
  • Link: Temple
  • Zelda: Great Plateau Tower
  • Ganondorf: Ganon's Tower
  • Toon Link: Pirate Ship
  • Skull Kid: Clock Town
  • Midna: Bridge of Eldin
  • Impa: Hyrule Field
Fighters
  • Samus (Metroid) (64)
    • Samus' stats have been reworked to best suit both the mobility and power of her in-game appearances, rather than splitting them between her Power Suit and Zero Suit forms.
    • Her Customs give her a bunch of tools seen in the Metroid games.
    • Costumes: Default, Varia Suit, Dread Suit
  • Ridley (Metroid) (Ultimate)
    • Like K. Rool, Ridley's pretty much gold as is. No need to change anything.
    • No idea what to do for Customs.
    • Costumes: Default, Meta Ridley
  • Dark Samus (Metroid Prime) (Ultimate)
    • Dark Samus stays the same to give Samus players an alternative if they don't like the new Samus. However, I'd imagine a few attacks would be changed to make use of Phazon stuff.
    • No Custom ideas.
    • Costumes: Default
  • Raven Beak (Metroid Dread) (Newcomer)
    • Raven Beak uses his abilities from his games yadda yadda yadda you know the drill by now
Home Stages
  • Samus: Brinstar
  • Ridley: Pyrosphere
  • Dark Samus: Frigate Orpheon
  • Raven Beak: Itorash
Fighter
  • Yoshi (Super Mario World) (64)
    • I'd probably reorganize Yoshi's specials in this manner:
      • Neutral Special: Egg Toss
      • Side Special: Egg Lay
      • Up Special: an actual recovery
      • Down Special: Yoshi Bomb
    • Costumes: Default, Yarn Yoshi, Boshi
Home Stage
  • Yoshi: Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Might pick this back up to tackle Kirby and beyond, but for now, I'm tired.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Dizzy Hand is a new boss variant of Master Hand. Dizzy Hand's patterns consists of tricky timing and shares moves similarly with Master Hand. Dizzy Hand's most powerful patterns will unintentional miss the player, but can essentially deceive the player.

Animal Kingdom (Yoshi's Crafted World) is a new stage.

Gameplay is smooth. But uses louder hit effects. Sound quality is a mixer of Mario Kart (Star Power) Smash attacks.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
I'm only going to stick with general concepts instead of more specific details, at least for now, but here's a few things I'd do.

1: Make the series Nintendo-only again. The whole "celebration of gaming" schtick just doesn't work in a roster largely dominated by Nintendo characters, yet it just feels like the original point of just being a Nintendo crossover is dead thanks to the amount of third parties that have been introduced, especially during the fighter passes, leading the roster to just not succeeding in either direction. That, and not having to deal with the legal rights of roping up all those characters is a huge plus.

2: Bring movesets back to a more consistent, simpler standard like 64-Brawl. Granted, I'm not sure how much this point really matters in this instance, since a good chunk of the overly complicated fighters are third party, but still, Smash works best when things are kept simple, and gimmicks are only added if it's really necessary for the character to be properly represented and are still relatively simple, not when you basically just copy and paste characters from their origin games. Characters should be easy to play, hard to master for everyone, not hard to play period.

3: Have actual character interaction in some substantial capacity again. This is a crossover, yet there's barely any meaningful interactions between the characters across the series, basically just leaving the crossover aspect as just "look how many characters we have in this!". SSE exists, but we haven't gotten basically anything else aside from World Of Light's (admittedly great) opening cutscene. Even something as simple as dialogue boxes before Classic Mode fights would go a long way, though ideally we'd get another fully-fledged story mode like SSE again, and not something like World Of Light.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Final Smashes are replaced. And revamped as "Spikes" for "Super" moves. Or "Re-Masters". Gives the characters a super meter. And unique knock away finishing moves with unique animations. "Supers" "Spikes" or "Re-Masters" are exchanges that reimagines the most iconic moves of the characters into one hit finishers. More quicker Final Smashes, but not Final Smashes. Just a spike. Similar to Little Mac.

Characters have moves variation system, 3 per each. Parasol Peach, Yo-Yo Ness, fire range Bowser, etc. Selected move variation mains heavier use of the characters recurring item. Elemental ability. Or special skill.

Tag Team is a new Mode. And unlockable. Can select 2 characters in Classic Mode or similar. And can swop between, individually divided percentage damage taking.

Peach's Castle, Sector Z, Planet Zebes, Mushroom Kingdom 2, Halberd, Super Mario Galaxy, Magicant, Gerudo Valley are returnee stages.

FazDude

Smash Master
I decided to forgo my idea about going into depth with each and every fighter (at least for now), so here's my entire roster. It's all pretty much subject to change, and is way bigger than pretty much all the other rosters posted here so far, but I'm happy with it for the moment. Making Smash rosters which balance your personal vision and the expectations of consumers is haaaaard.
  1. Mario [Super Mario]
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Bowser Junior
  6. Daisy
  7. Koopa Troop (consisting of Goomba, Koopa Troopa, and Piranha Plant as a PokeTrainer-style team)
  8. Toad
  9. Donkey Kong [Donkey Kong]
  10. Diddy Kong & Dixie Kong
  11. King K. Rool
  12. Link (OoT-like design) [The Legend of Zelda]
  13. Zelda (BoTW design)
  14. Ganondorf (OoT-like design)
  15. Toon Link
  16. Skull Kid
  17. Midna & Wolf Link
  18. Impa (HW:AoC design)
  19. Samus [Metroid]
  20. Ridley
  21. Dark Samus
  22. Raven Beak
  23. Yoshi [Yoshi]
  24. Kirby [Kirby]
  25. Meta Knight
  26. King Dedede
  27. Bandanna Waddle Dee
  28. Marx
  29. Fox [Star Fox]
  30. Falco
  31. Wolf
  32. Slippy
  33. Pikachu [Pokemon]
  34. Mewtwo
  35. [ Honestly, I'm just going to reserve a few slots for any ol' Pokemon for now - I know way too little about the franchise to make any educated additions, but I think Pikachu and Mewtwo are the sole "must haves" regardless of circumstance. ]
  36. [ ^ ]
  37. [ ^ ]
  38. [ ^ ]
  39. [ ^ ]
  40. [ ^ ]
  41. Ness [EarthBound] (I'm gonna leave EB representation here - Given how robust SSBBA's Custom Moves are, I don't see too much need to add Lucas, Kumatora, or anyone else TBH.)
  42. Captain Falcon [F-Zero]
  43. Ice Climbers [Ice Climber]
  44. Marth [Fire Emblem]
  45. Robin
  46. Byleth
  47. Lyn
  48. Mr. Game & Watch [Game & Watch]
  49. Pit [Kid Icarus]
  50. Palutena
  51. Wario [Wario]
  52. Waluigi
  53. Ashley & Red
  54. Snake [Metal Gear]
  55. Sonic [Sonic the Hedgehog]
  56. Dr. Eggman
  57. Olimar [Pikmin]
  58. R.O.B. [R.O.B.]
  59. Villager [Animal Crossing]
  60. Tom Nook
  61. Mega Man [Mega Man]
  62. Wii Fit Trainer [Wii Fit]
  63. Little Mac [Punch-Out!!]
  64. Mr. Sandman
  65. Pac-Man [Pac-Man]
  66. Ghost Gang
  67. Shulk [Xenoblade]
  68. Rex
  69. Duck Hunt [Duck Hunt]
  70. Ryu [Street Fighter]
  71. Chun-Li
  72. Cloud [Final Fantasy]
  73. Sephiroth
  74. Inkling [Splatoon]
  75. Simon [Castlevania]
  76. Joker [Persona]
  77. Hero [Dragon Quest]
  78. Banjo & Kazooie [Banjo-Kazooie]
  79. Terry [Fatal Fury]
  80. Spring Man [ARMS]
  81. Steve [Minecraft]
  82. Kazuya [Tekken]
  83. Sora [Kingdom Hearts]
  84. Crash [Crash Bandicoot]
  85. Master Chief [Halo]
  86. Kratos [God of War]
  87. Heavy [Team Fortress 2]
  88. Sans [UNDERTALE]
  89. Sukapon [Joy Mech Fight]

nightowlgirl

Smash Rookie
I get the impression that some of my ideas may be seen as weird, but eh screw it. I've actually considered what my own personal Smash would be like for awhile now, so this is moreso just ideas I have came up with over the time of thinking that. This is my personalized Smash so what I say goes. First off, the game would be titled Super Smash Bros. Storm.

• Many of the modes and features from Ultimate would be carried over, although there would be a few more new ones added.
    • Smash Run - Smash Run from 3DS would return, although with a few changes. Mainly, there would be different variations of the courses with different layouts and patterns. More enemies would also be included, though that's a given.
    • Trophies - Trophies return from the previous games, replacing spirits from Ultimate. However, stuff like classes, categories, and effects from the spirits are added to the trophies, so the functionality is still kinda there.
    • Party Mode - A multiplayer mode with mainly just focuses on completing small challenges or minigames in a short amount of time. These challengers can range anywhere from knock an opponent off the stage in 30 seconds to guess the correct item. Each player has 3 stock in this mode, and the player with the most remaining stock wins by the end.
    • Tag Team - You and 3 other plays are in a smaller arena, and one of you has to tag the other fighters. Whoever is "it" by the end of the time limit loses, and then it repeats quicker the next round until eventually only one person remains.
    • Smash Mountain - You and a team of other plays have to go through a bracket of challengers from anywhere to 12 in easy mode or 30 in hard mode. Some of these battles are also boss fights, some old and some new. Takes heavy inspiration from Adventure Mode and the "Tower Of Smash" concept present back in Sm4sh days on the internet.
    • Shop - The shop would be expanded upon. Now you can also use gold to get new alternate costumes! Oh yeah, I should also mention that the amount of costumes a character can have is increased from 8 to 12. You can swap put costume slots when necessary to keep the amount to 12 in the fighter menu.

• Now, onto the cuts. I tried to not remove too many characters, though for roster optimization and also to not make it too unrealistic, a few characters were cut. For the record, I have nothing against most of these characters. I'm just trimming it down because it kind feels necessary in my mind,These include:
    • Dr. Mario - Aside from the fact that he isn't considered an official echo is Ultimate baffling me, I just don't think he's too necessary. He would work most as a costume at best.
    • Jigglypuff, Pichu, and Incineroar - I know it may upset some that I removed one of the original 12, but I've honestly just never been a huge fan of Jigglypuffs inclusion. They always felt like a weird inclusion, even among many of the already weird fighters. Same applies to Pichu, though there's less to say there and he's not part of the original 12 plus he's already been cut before so he has even less reason to stay. I actually considered keeping Incineroar, though when considering who else I want to add plus other characters to keep it was more so process of elimination. Plus, there's another character I would rather have as a Gen 7 rep which I'll get to later. I kept Lucario because he's a Gen 4 Rep and Greninja not only because Gen 6 Rep but also because he is the most popular Pokemon in Japan.
    • Villager - No, I'm keeping Isabelle though. Choosing between the 2. I feel Isabelle represents Animal Crossing better than Villager. I mean, Isabelle's on all the merchandise, promotion, etc. Plus, the game is called ANIMAL Crossing, so having an avatar human take the pick for the series rep over one of the many iconic animal characters just feels off to me.
    • Roy, Lucina, and Corrin - I don't know too much about Fire Emblem, so pardon me if I get some things wrong. I know Fire Emblem characters are a debated topic in the community, so I decided to go a safe route. Roy was removed since from what I have heard, he isn't actually that relevant to the Fire Emblem series as a whole. Lucina just... isn't that interesting to me, and Corrin is probably the most forgettable inclusion in Smash history. All the other Fire Emblem reps stay, and since Roy is gone Chrom is technically no longer an Echo anymore, though he still keeps his moveset from Ultimate.
    • Dark Pit - Like Dr. Mario, could've just been an alternate costume. Hell, he exists BECAUSE of an alternate costume in Brawl. Next.
    • Zero Suit Samus - I'm not a fan of different variations of a character having different slots, and having 3 Samus variations doesn't really help that.
    • Young Link - Same reason for removing Zero Suit Samus.
    • Toon Link - Out of all the cut characters, this is the one I considered keeping the most. However, if I did that then we would have 3 Links in the roster (BOTW Link and regular Link are seperated, see bottom section), which I am already not a fan of in Ultimate. As such, he must go.
    • Piranha Plant - Funny joke character, not much else.
    • The Mii Fighters - Sorta. Miis will still be fighters, but instead of there being 3 separate classes, you can apply different weapons, stats, and stuff to your Mii. So you can still play as a Mii, just in a very different way.
And that's it! In total, that's 13 characters cut, 15 including Echo Fighters! I was originally considering cutting more, but I feel like this is a good amount.

Bold = New Fighter
Bold + Italic = Echo Fighter

I've already written a lot as is, so i'll just list the newcomers and not go into any detail. Maybe if I feel like it later I will go into further detail about some of them.
  • Poochy
  • Orbulon
  • Skull Kid
  • Wart (Echo Of Bowser)
  • Rayman (with Raymesis alts.)
  • Joanna Dark
  • Toad (with Toadette alts.)
  • Octoling (Echo Of Inkling)
  • Marx
  • Champion Link
  • Shovel Knight
  • A new Animal Crossing rep (either Tom Nook, Mr. Resetti, or Blathers)
  • Chun-Li
  • Decidueye
  • Ms. Pac-Man (Echo Of Pac-Man)
  • Masked Man (Echo Of Lucas)
  • Dr. Eggman
  • Papyrus
  • Hornet
  • The Werehog
  • Rash (with Zitz and Pimple alts.)
I was gonna make The Werehog a transformation for Sonic, but given the fact that him and Tails are a duo character (in the section below this), I didn't see a way I could make that work. As such, he's in a separate slot. Also, I know I said I don't like variants of characters, but I wanted to keep Link's moveset from Ultimate while also changing it, so Champion Link is essentially the version of Link from Ultimate, while regular Link is completely changed.

• Link is changed and reworked to be based on his Link Between Worlds appearance, and his moveset now takes elements from said game as well as the Classic NES games and Smash 64. I do think that for fans of his newer moveset there should be a way to use it, but I haven't figured it out yet.
  • Ganondorf's design is now the one from Hyrule Warriors, and moves are changed and altered to represent that. I'm not fully sure how this would work yet, but honestly I just really want the Hyrule Warriors design in Smash. It looks super cool.
  • Donkey Kong's side special is changed to him gabbing a barrel and then rolling it across the stage. The attack can be charged up, and if done so for enough time then the barrel will be hurled at faster speeds. The barrel deals knockback plus 5-7% damage depending on how long you charged it for. There is a 5 second cooldown timer between barrels as well. It just doesn't make sense to me why one of the things Donkey Kong is most known for isn't included at all in his moveset.
  • Wario's moveset is completely reworked to be based around his Wario Land incarnation. The biker outfit from Warioware is kept though and to compensate for Warioware representation, Orbulon is added.
  • Sonic is also completely changed, now being a duo character with Tails. They function in a similar way to Ice Climbers, with Tails following Sonic around throughout the stage and copying his moves, similar to the classic games. Adding to this, instead of the spring being his up special, now he uses Tails to fly for a short distance. Sonic's down special and old side special are now basically combined into a spindash attack. while his side Smash now uses the boost mechanic. Of course, the speed is a bit more toned down. It essentially functions as a short shield with thrust Sonic forward, dealing damage to whoever he hits. It last a short amount of time, and needs to be recharged by attacking opponents.
  • Bowser Jr. no longer uses the Clown Car. Yes, this does mean that the Koopalings are no longer alternate costumes (they are now a boss fight, functioning as they do in Super Mario Bros. 3 in case you are wondering. Thought it would be cool to include a boss who is 7 smaller challengers rather than 1 big one.) Because Bowser Jr. no longer uses the clown car, he instead uses moves using the Magical Paintbrush from Sunshine, as well as a bit of inspiration from Mario Maker as well.
  • Banjo gets buffed. That's all I'm gonna say.
  • Donald and Goofy cheer Sora on in the background while he fights, and also appear in his Final Smash. Yes, I know this breaks the whole non-video game characters thing, but seeing as Sora is already practically a Disney character himself and how fundemantal Disney elements (especially characters like Donald and Goofy) are to Kingdom Hearts, I feel like an exception can be made for them in this case. Plus, it's not like they're playable characters so it still keeps true to the no non-video game characters are playable kinda thing. And even if it didn't, it's my Smash so who cares?

That's all i'm gonna write for now. I'll probably get to stuff like stages, story mode, items, and other stuff later on.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I would without a doubt rework later characters to play more like platform fighter characters and less like ports from their games. Falco; Pit; and Ganondorf would likely be restored to their earlier versions, and the only character from before Namco's era to get revamped would be Sonic. That being said, I would want to give Pit and Sonic their classic designs which would majorly effect their frame and range so I guess that's a major revamp of sorts.

If a Nintendo centric game, I'd want to add:
  1. Waluigi
  2. Small Mario
  3. Tingle
  4. Jill & Drill Dozer
  5. Muddy Mole
  6. Who Are You Running From?
  7. Paula
  8. A non-legendary non-starter non-popular Pokémon (preferably quadruped or serpentine)
  9. Arwing
I'd try to avoid playing into fan demand and marketability and focus on surprise above all. "Everyone is here" ain't happening again, and Fire Emblem's getting a major chop. I don't like being pandered to, nor do I like being advertised to. Not to say fan demand will be completely ignored, but it won't be a crucial factor in roster selection

I'd bring back a lot of stages, but reskinned due to their visual similarities to other stages - for example keeping Melee's Mushroom Kingdom but changing the 64 version to Mario 3

If I had to go down the route of "mostly Nintendo but a lot of third parties too", I'd avoid third parties with any Nintendo ties on try to focus on characters associated with PC; PS; and Xbox. Tetromino is the only 3P with major Nintendo ties I'd add. Banjo and Bayo are absolutely getting the cut, and probably Mega Man and the Belmonts too. That being said, ideally in a Nintendo-centric game I'd just have Sonic; the Pacster; and either Steve or Cloud.

Squirtle would be the sole returning trainer mon, like Charizard was in 3DS/Wii U.

I'd absolutely try to return to something close to Melee movement, and impliment some elements of Rivals and Nick (without directly copying those games playstyles though, as tempting as making every projectile Gordo is) - seperate strong button and air dashing are a must at least, even if air strongs and wavedashing don't get in.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Ok I'm interesed on this, I will start to think in my own idea, I did my own Smash games before like in Fantendo but all of them where very fantasious (over 100 characters, lots of bias picks, even some of them being multiplatform or having non-videogame characters like Ruby Rose because I was young and more stupid) so I now want to try to do a more "realistic" game in comparision.

EDIT: Of course I will add my bias, since I prefer kick my balls before adding certain characters but for the funs I want to do something that could happen, y'known, just using the general rules of no fourth parties, a roster without 3 digits, etc.

EDIT 2: Only thing I will show is my logo, it's the same logo of a previous work (that funny enough it has the same name of the most popuplar creation thread) since I think it ended being very cool.
1656286535075.png

Last edited:

nightowlgirl

Smash Rookie
Continuation of my previous post. Yeah, that's about it. Anyways, let's continue!

Storm would handle the story differently compared to other Smash games. On one hand, it doesn't take itself as seriously and focuses more on character interaction. The story would feature your Mii getting a letter for a mysterious championship, which at first they don't know anything about. After this opening cutscene, it enters the first instance of the hub-world. Think something like Mario Golf: Super Rush but much more fleshed out. You start off in the your home, barren and somewhat resembling something out of a Pokemon title. You grab your backpack and head out, other Mii's waving at your and hoping they too can join this championship alongside you. Cue scene of your Mii driving off into the distance. However, during this, a portal appears out of seemingly nowhere. The bus, which includes the Mii, is teleported into a new and unfamiliar island known as New Destination (yes, the name is intended to be the opposite of Final Destination...sorta.)

Your player is greeted by Toads and Waddle Dees, who take up your typical default NPC role. After the events of Ultimate, most of the fighters became lost and stranded. However, some of the fighters among many other characters were given a big break as an unknown entity would invite all of them onto a custom made island where they could live and relax peacefully. Now the residents mainly just battle for entertainment purposes. But when you arrive something changes. A large tower appears in the middle of the island, and then all of the fighters (returning and new) are given an envelope. The same one your Mii gets in the beginning of the game. Upon questioning, the unknown entity appears on a monitor (for context, this island would have quite a few of them) and tells the residents that whoever wins 1st places will get a grand prize beyond their wildest dreams. At first, everyone is skeptical, but eventually as others get geared up all of the fighters get ready to join the tournament. Meanwhile, you get introduced onto your new home on New Destination!

And that's how story mode begins! I imagine throughout, you would get to explore the island hub world and talk to the residents, with most of the battle taking place in the tower with the occasional bossfight. It wouldn't be anything too huge, but I think it would still be charming. You could even talk to a few of the fighters, though I can't see any specific fighters having major story roles due to the sheer amount of fighters. That being said, you could see some cute character interactions nonetheless. Stuff like Bowser and Dedede arguing who the better king is before gaining a platonic bromance of their own, Zelda being confused on why there are 2 Links, etc. It doesn't even have to be just the fighters. Mabel and Sable can own a clothing store on the island which is where your Mii can get his costumes from! Just stuff like that would really add to it for me! Also, as for the true identity of the mysterious entity is... honestly, probably just an original character or something. Also probably the final boss of the story mode.

Anyways, that was a lot to write. I got bored and had this idea for awhile so yeah.

• Pac-Maze: Championship Edition: Pac-Maze from 3DS returns, although now with a twist! The stage is now inspired by Pac-Man Championship Edition over the original, with the colorful backgrounds and glowy effects. Otherwise, still the stage you remember.
  • Bowser's Castle: Seriously, how is this not already included as a stage? The design of the stage is based on it's Mario Kart 8 look with a few elements from Mario Kart Wii thrown in there.
  • Nintendo DS: You know the Mario Kart DS track? Or even better, the Super Smash Flash 2 stage? The idea of fighting on a portable console alone makes me want this stage, plus it would be a cool throwback.
  • Sunset Shore: This stage would represent the modern Donkey Kong games, plus having a stage where everyone is a silhouette would be cool. Would it be tournament viable? Of course not. Would it be cool? Hell yeah.
  • Crateria: The area at the beginning of Super Metroid. Imagine fighting on Samus's ship in the pouring rain, would be very atmospheric in my opinion.
  • Plains Of Passage: The first stage of Shovel Knight, seems like a logical area to represent the game. It's the first stage in every campaign of Shovel Knight, so I feel like that also makes it good at being representative.
  • The CORE: Thinking for a stage from UNDERTALE to include was hard for me. Many of the environment don't really lend themselves to a fighting environment, and while I could just take an area like Snowdin, add a few platforms, and call it a day I would rather get creative. The CORE isn't an exact import of the 2D area from UNDERTALE, but it is aesthetically identical and keeps many of the same ideas. Enemies from The CORE in UNDERTALE appear in the background. Plus this is the perfect area for a certain boss idea I have later.
  • Midnight Channel: The midnight channel from Persona 4, now a full stage in Smash Bros. Honestly, there's not too much to say since I imagine it being similar to the version from Persona 4 Arena with maybe a few platforms added. Plus character cameos like Chie or Teddie.
  • Casino Night Zone: Probably one of the most iconic locations in the entire Sonic franchise, just imagine a stage using the same gimmicks like bumpers and slots. Amazing.
  • Tropical Resort Zone: I wanted an actual GOOD stage to represent Modern Sonic (sorry but I just dislike Windy Hill as a Modern Sonic stage since it's too similar in aesthetic to Green Hill) so having an amusement park as a stage could be cool. Maybe have the Rotatatron (the boss of Tropical Resort) appear as a stage obstacle?
  • Ragnarok's Canyon: The first level of the original Battletoads. I don't know too much about the series, but because I think they would be a cool Rareware rep and unique character I added the Battletoads as characters and as such felt they needed a stage. So yeah, this is it.
  • Felicity: Don't know too much about Perfect Dark, but I do know this is a classic stage for the series. Also know that it is a recreation of a map in Goldeneye 007, so could also possibly act as rep for that game? eh? Probably Not.
  • Hall Of Gods: I actually haven't gotten far enough in Hollow Knight to know the best specific area to fight in (love what I have played though), given that you fight a ton of bosses in this area and the fact that it is a literal arena, I think this could be a cool stage to add since Hornet is also a fighter.
  • Tetris: Despite there not being a fighter representative, I still fell like Tetris deserves representation. Aside from inducing trophies of the Tetriminos as well as songs from the franchise, giving Tetris a stage just seems like a given. The stage takes place during.. well, a session of Tetris. Players are inside the box Tetriminos fall inside in, and as the pieces drop down players must dodge them. Getting crushed by one deals a LOT of damage.
  • Glade Of Dreams: A traveling stage base on Rayman Legends, where as the battle progresses fighters are taken to various levels in the game. Cameos of characters like Globox and Barbara make cameos in the background.
  • Just Dance: A stage based on the Ubisoft game of the same name. I don't think they could include actual copyrighted music from the Just Dance games for obvious reasons, but having a stage with the dancers and visuals of the game in the background would be neat.

• Porky, Rayquaza, and Petey: Returning bosses from Brawl, they function the same here. Just update their models and everything should pretty much be good to go.
  • DJ Octavio: Splatoon deserves more representation in my eyes, and I think DJ Octavio could be an interesting pick. He's based on the boss fight in Splatoon 1.
  • Metal Sonic: This is different than other bosses, since instead of just battling him you actually have to race him! The first to make it to the end of the stage wins. You can still attack him, but it would only stun him for a second. I think it would be really cool where if you were fighting him on hard mode in something like Smash Mountain or Classic Mode for his skin to resemble Metal Sonic 3.0 over his regular appearance.
  • Mettaton EX: Taking place in The Core stage (see, I told ya I had a boss fight in mind for it) is the Mettaton EX battle. Mettaton stands on a platform in the background, during his fabulous poses like in Undertale. You do not damage him directly, rather when he uses his heart (soul?) attack like in UNDERTALE, you attack it to deal damage. He does this quite often, so it shouldn't be too hard. All of his attacks are references to his bullet attacks and patterns from UNDERTALE.
  • Atari 2600: Yes, you heard me. In a way that for some reason reminds me of Polygon Man from PlayStation All-Star Brawl, the Atari 2600 is a boss battle. Moreso, the battle takes place in a unique space like arena based on old video game commercials, a giant Atari 2600 floats in the background. There are no platforms, instead both you and the Atari 2600 fall infinity throughout space. You move around the stage by floating around in any direction you feel like. Similar to the Mettaton EX battle, you do not fight the fighter (or in this case, the console) directly. The Joystick is it's hitbox, and you must hit it as it floats around the stage to damage the Atari 2600. Meanwhile, the Atari 2600 summons various parts of games from it's library, such as Pong Paddles, the Dragon from Adventure, and the Centipede from Centipede. Not only does this give unique representation to a popular video game company, but also represents as entire part of video game history! I imagine it would be a secret boss of the game, though how you would unlock it would be mysterious.
Along with this, as mentioned before there as also new enemies in Smash Run! These include:
  • Octarians
  • Motobug
  • Kremling
  • Wandering Husk
  • Hypno
  • Cactuar
  • Dry Bones
  • New Age Retro Hippie
  • Bokoblin
  • Creeper
  • Ghast

This one will be the most brief since I have less ideas for this one.
  • The Breidablik: This is essentially an Assist Trophy exclusively for Fire Emblem characters. That way, people don't have to complain about too much Fire Emblem stuff while also giving a ton of characters their own time to shine! I saw an idea like this on the internet before and I honestly thought it was really cool so I included it.
  • Omochao: Effectively a joke item, does nothing and just sits on the ground while constantly speaking. You can kick him around however and use him as a weapon on your opponents, though he won't deal much damage.
  • Eye Of Ender: When picked up, it can be thrown and used to teleport. Be careful though, if you throw it off the stage then it will land you off there too.
  • Fuzzy: The same one from Yoshi's Island. This island only works as a detriment. Like that game it blocks most of the view and gives the whole screen a trippy effect. Thankfully, this doesn't last too long.
Yeah that's about all I got for now, sorry i'm not great at coming up for unique powerups.

This will only focus on new Assist Trophies obviously. Also, since The Breidablik is used to summon exclusively Fire Emblem characters, none of them will be included here. Since Shovel Knight is now a fighter, his trophy is replaced with Black Knight, who due to his similar appearance and abilities to Shovel Knight functions the exact same.
  • Lesser Dog: Upon being summoned, Lesser Dog extends his neck upwards infinitely into the sky. His neck acts as a sort of wall, blacking players from passing him. Excluding that however, he's just a good boy.
  • Chibi-Robo: When summoned, Chibi-Robo throws a cable cord around the stage similar to how he does it in Chibi-Robo Zip Lash (bad game i know). Not much else to say.
  • Lancer: Similarly to Wario's side special, Lancer pulls out his bike and starts driving around. However, instead of doing it on the stage he does it on the border of the screen! He tosses out spades while doing this too, going in random directions.
  • Amy Rose: She runs around the stage using her Pico Pico Hammer on opponents, slamming them into the ground and leaving them stunned for a short while. She may also spin around with her hammer and become an obstacle in herself since in this state she cannot be damaged.
  • Old Man: The old man from the first Legend Of Zelda game appears. Upon being summoned, he uses the iconic phrase of "It's Dangerous To Go Alone! Take This." An item will appear below him, and when obtained he instantly disappear. If nobody interacts with him or the item for 25 seconds, he and the item both disappear anyways. He's defeated in 1 hit.
  • Raiden: Honestly, the best way I can summerize him is a mini-version of his Playstation All-Stars moveset. That's about it.
  • Sakura: Her attacks are taken from her Street Fighter Alpha II appearance, utilizing her variants of existing 'Shotokan' moves . I haven't played too much Street Fighter 2, so that's all i'm gonna say.
  • Jack Frost: The mascot of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise as well as abundant appearances in the Persona spin-off series, Jack Frost uses his bufu ability on opponents, which temporarily freezes them.
  • Servbot: A multitude of Servbots appear out of nowhere and begin to grapple onto an opponent. They only do little damage on their own, but typically all of them will go after the same person, piling up one on one
  • Lakitu: I have the least to say about this one since it already existed in Brawl yet was for some reason removed from future games. Add it back in. That's about it.
  • Wolf: The signature wolf from Minecraft, the wolf follows you around. However, when close to another opponent, they turn hostile and start attacking the opponent by making rapid jumps towards them.
  • The Knight: Due to Hornet bring the playable rep for Hollow Knight, The Knight is an Assist Trophy. They swing their nail around on specific opponents and then after 25 seconds, they shoot out a vengeful soul before disappearing.
  • Tingle: Tingle flies around the stage on 2 balloons, accidentally dropping rubies when flying. He will dive down to retrieve them, damaging opponents in the process. The falling rubies also obviously damage you. This process repeats 5 times before he is de-summoned.
  • Jobski: The main character of the game Part Time UFO, Jobski grabs fighters when contacted with his crane, and flings them around the battlefield to the blastzone. Note that even if he does this, there's still enough time to use an up special or jump to get back onto the stage. Jobski repeats this process 4 times.
There could and probably would be more but that's about it for now. I can't be bothered to think this much about specific new Assist Trophies.

• The game's visual style takes cues from Ultimate and Persona 5, while also having more minor influences. Unlike Ultimate however, the game's menus feature heavy usage of neon colors (though mostly CMYK) against a dark (if not black) background. There would also be a bit of Y2K influence as well. The models would kinda go in the opposite direction of Brawl, being super vibrant and focusing more on being expressive then realistic. (if that's the best way to put it, idk)
  • The cutscenes in story mode would be 2D animated instead of 3D. By who? IDK, just something that fits the tone of the game.
  • All the fighters are now categorized into into 3 categories. Brawler, Swordfighter, and Gunner. These are basically the labelings for the Mii Fighters now applied as a sort of typing for every other fighter. Ironically, Miis themselves would not have a class at all since they are custom characters.
  • The Mii's are as mentioned before all made into 1 character who can use different attacks. However, that's not all. They would also be more customizable in stuff like body type (which could effect the Mii's weight class) or cosmetics such as hair and facial features. Something akin to Miitopia, but with the aforementioned body type idea. I also imagine higly customizable movesets and aspects. A leveling up system would probably also be in story mode.
  • Along with this, Mii's can also add something called a partner. You know how Rosalina & Luma work? It's kinda like that though you can change out which character would be your partner and specific partners give specific stat boost, like a Boo giving you a higher jump or a Lum giving you faster speed. They don't actually fight like Luma themselves though and moreso just act as add-ons of sorts that follow the Mii around. They cannot be damaged in battle and like the Mii's can also level up. Is this a weird idea? Yes. Am I just adding it because I think it's cool? Also yes.
  • The Trophy Lottery from Melee returns in the hub-world because why not.
  • Trophies are categorized by series in their menu now, with folders for each one.
  • Certain characters would make cameos in some fighter's victory screens. Orbot and Cubot would appear next to Eggman in some of his victory screens, Kamek might appear to congratulate Bowser in his, Sans and Undyne appear in Papyrus's, etc.
  • Samus's default outfit is now based on her Dread appearance, though her design from Ultimate is still a costume.
  • Daisy and Dark Samus are both promoted from Echo Fighters to full-on stand alone fighters! As has been suggested by others, Daisy's moveset is changed to reflect the spinoff games! I think giving her a moveset based on Strikers specifically is a good idea, including outfit and personality and all. Dark Samus, on the other hand. is given a moveset more based on the Prime games. Perhaps she can utilize skills that Samus by default doesn't use in Smash from Prime in her moveset specifically. Chrom is also technically no longer an Echo, though as mentioned before this is mainly just a byproduct of Roy no longer being included. His moveset is nearly identical to Ultimate.
  • Mario's down special is down a ground pound instead of F.L.U.D.D., and deals knockback in both direction though little damage.
  • When on a stage, you no longer need to use music from the series the stage comes from (or what category it falls under). It still does by default, though that can be changed. For example, you could play a Mario song on any stage you want, even if it isn't Mario related. This can be disabled and you can keep the music in line with the series stages, though this is optional.
  • I forgot to mention this when I was talking about the fact that Sonic and Tails are a duo character, but when Sonic uses his Final Smash and turns into Super Sonic, Tails will jump into the background and stand on the Tornado, specifically on it's top wing. He doesn't do anything in this state. but I just thought it would be cool.
  • Pac-Man's Final Smash is no longer turning into Super Pac-Man. Rather, the 256 Glitch from the original Pac-Man appears and consumes portions of the screen, summoning glitchy versions of the ghost out of it as well. I mainly just got this idea from the Pac-Man 256 game.
  • When the "Challenger Approaching" screen pops up for Papyrus (I assume he would be an unlockable character), the sound that plays when you encounter a monster in UNDERTALE plays as well.
  • Mr. Pants (an old mascot for Rare, known for having his own GBA game) makes plenty of cameos throughout the many stages included. Think of him kinda like how Big The Cat is in Sonic Adventure 2. He could be hiding behind one of the watchtowers in Shadow Moses Island, or in the dark corners of Pac-Maze. Where are all the locations he appears? I dunno, you find out! (Imagine he gets revealed as the real villain of story mode lol)
Anyways yeah, that's practically almost (may be forgetting one or two since I do often when it comes to this stuff) ideas for my personal Smash game! I know this game could probably never realistically happen, but since I made it for myself and it wouldn't exist anyways, I decided to just go all in. It was also kind of easy cause I had most of these ideas on my mind for a personalized game for awhile now.

UserKev

Smash Champion
For my Super Smash Bros. Now! Press Start Menu Style:

1656366542852.png

Super Smash Bros. Now! phrasing will be neatly jammed between the Smash logo's dash through's. "Super" will be phrased in the upper lining. "Smash" will be phrased in the right side lining. "Bros" will be phrased in the bottomed lining. And "Now!" will be phrased in the left side corner. Style coloring will resemble red, brown, green. And blue at the logo's 4 lined off corners. Blue electricity is dashed across the styling. Background coloring will be red. Super Smash Bros. Now! phrase will resemble white.

Smash Ball Escape! is a new Mode. Player must gather every scattered Smash Ball of points within a 30 second time limit in a course level. Mode is featured in Classic Mode.

Mode Completion: Finish! Record! Failure: Lame.

Classic Mode Completion: Congrats!

Adventure Mode Completion: Great! Superb!

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright I'm starting with my Smash game, most people starts with their roster additions so I will do the complete opposite and start with the cuts since I want to see the world burn and because you need to cut some characters to have new ones. Btw I don't think on "balance" the representantion of X franchise, of course I don't want having 15 Mario Characters of a roster that will have at most the same quantity of characters has base Ultimate (I'm still deciding the actual amount) but I will not mind that much those class of things.
  • Jigglypuff: The puff was finally reduced to atoms.
  • Young Link: Even if I like Young Link and I think he could be even better with the right changes but let's fce the reality, people don't like to have three characters with the same name, two are enough and between the other two Links is fair to say that Toon is more popular.
  • Roy: Another character that I think it has potential but that the best is just cut off him.
  • Chrom: Since Chrom is Roy's echo is quite obvious that he would also be discarded.
  • Dr. Mario: More clones who are swepeed, from all of them this is the one that I care the less.
  • Pichu: The clones are just the easiest targets y'know, I want to mantain the concept of Echo Fighters but I don't think Pichu would fit in that category.
  • Squirtle & Ivysaur: We are doing Smash4 once again?, this time the reason is more because I want to introduce another Pokémon trainer but having two of them would be very cringe imo.
  • Olimar: The little guy wouldn't be enterily cut, but it would be demoted to an AT this time, sorry Pikmin fans.
  • Wolf: Easy-targets.
  • Wii Fit Trainer: Like Olimar it would be demoted to AT.
  • Duke Hunt Duo: And another character demoted to AT.
  • Daisy: I said that I want to mantain the Echo Fighter concept but I honestly find Daisy rather boring since it doesn't do anything with her Echo status unlike other characters that has variations and since my lack of Mario knowledge I don't have ideas about what to do with her so I will just snap her from the existence.
  • Richter: Another character who don't enterily dissapear but it would now be an alt of Simon (we will talk about alts later).
  • Incineroar: Imo the biggest loss in thhis cut, I wanted to conserve him since it's probably one of the most creative Pokémon but I wanted to include some new Pokémon so there it should be a lot of kills from this franchise
  • Canela: I just think we are fine with just the Villager, yet I will not give her the AT job once again since I think some AC characters fits better the job.
  • Piranha Plant: Funny meme and funny character but tbh I usually forget that the plant is a character that exists in the roster for some reason.
  • Banjo: I want to die and this is one of the most effective ways to do it.
  • Min Min: Another of those moments of "I like her but I think I can live without her".
There are also some characters who would be included, just that wouldn't be in the base game.
  • Greninja
  • King K. Rool
  • Steve
  • Sora
All this leaves us with a total of 58 characters (54 if you also discard those who would end being DLC).

Another thing that I like are the revamps, I know that a lot of people doesn't like give gimmicks that mades the characters closer to the games since it makes them less fit to Smash but y'know I disagree, I think most of the time it makes the characters more fun and so for the moment I will not list each one change but here is the general list of characters that would be at least mildly reworked (note that various characters could have minimal changes like something in their animations or one move replaced but those changes are too much nitpicks to list them.
  • Mario
  • Link
  • Samus
  • Dark Samus (semi-decloned)
  • Kirby
  • Lucina (semi-decloned)
  • Ganondorf (decloned)
  • Wario (quite more like WarioLand but still mantaining his WarioWare look has the default)
  • Lucario
  • Toon Link
  • Simon (more than reworked it would be more Belmont-general instead of just being the first 2 Castlevanias, SVC2 and Rondo of Blood)
Thats all I have for the moment, it's short but I think it already sets some of the bases, I want to talk more about aesthetic changes in the next post.

Last edited:

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
Okay, I'm finally dropping some of my ideas here.

My Smash is another that returns to the more fun and goofy aesthetic of Smash 64. The announcer is a girl for the first time in the series (I don't have any preference on who specifically... but I would honestly be willing to do it myself). The game gives a fairly equal focus on casual and competitive, although I mostly have competitive ideas laid out as that's how I play these games more often than not.

So first up, I'll do what everyone's most likely to be interested in and discuss the playable characters. I've cut a lot of them, with the goal of 45 characters and 10 clones in the base game, plus 5 DLC characters. A primary focus is on Nintendo characters again, outside of the DLC which only features one Nintendo character.

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Daisy
  5. Bowser
  6. Donkey Kong (with Funky Kong echo)
  7. King K. Rool
  8. Link (with Toon Link echo)
  9. Zelda
  10. Ganon
  11. Vaati
  12. Samus
  13. Ridley
  14. Yoshi
  15. Kirby
  16. King Dedede
  17. Fox (with Falco echo)
  18. Pikachu
  19. Jigglypuff
  20. Crobat
  21. Zorua (with Hisuian Zorua echo)
  22. Ness
  23. Kumatora
  24. Captain Falcon
  25. Marth (with Roy echo)
  26. Robin
  27. Byleth
  28. Mr. Game & Watch
  29. Pit (with Dark Pit echo)
  30. Wario
  31. R.O.B.
  32. Little Mac
  33. Pyra (with Mythra echo)
  34. Duck Hunt
  35. Inkling (with Octoling echo)
  36. Prince Sable
  37. Lip
  38. Sonic
  39. Amy
  40. Mega Man (with Proto Man echo)
  41. Pac-Man (with Ms. Pac-Man echo)
  42. Joker
  43. Kris
  44. Rayman
  45. Space Invaders
  46. Waluigi (DLC)
  47. Dr. Eggman (DLC)
  48. Ryu (DLC)
  49. Slime (DLC)
  50. Sora (DLC)

Daisy
Daisy has (surprise) been decloned from Peach and is now based on (surprise, surpise) the Mario Strikers series, complete with her classic GameCube Striker uniform as her default costume (Charged and potentially Battle League uniforms are her only model swap alts). Her moveset focuses on having a soccer ball she dribbles at her feet. She can use special moves to kick the ball, and without it she moves faster, but her attacks are weaker. She always resumes possession of the ball whenever she simply touches it (unless it's still in projectile mode and has been reflected at her or something to that effect).

Bowser / Donkey Kong / King K. Rool
These three have their canon voices back!

Donkey Kong
Just like in the Mario Smash thread, DK's side special is still the same gameplay wise, but visually now has DK slam a barrel to the ground. Also, personality wise, DK will be much more expressive and look less angry all the time. This is actually true for a lot of other characters, including Mario.

Funky Kong
Funky is mostly the same as DK, but he has a different standard hitbox as he stands upright. Funky's side special replaces the barrel smash with a surfboard swing, inspired by Mario Super Sluggers. This can't bury, but it can reflect projectiles. While the rest of Funky's moves are functionally identical to DK's, Funky tends to perform them with more of a "cool" sense to them, rather than DK's show of strength.

Link
Link retains his Breath of the Wild design, and is basically the same as in Ultimate.

Toon Link
Toon Link is officially labelled as Link's echo in this game, despite having a completely different size and shape. His two moveset differences are the regular timed Bombs and the Hookshot grab, although he does notably also feature Project M's Wind Waker taunt.

Zelda
Zelda has returned to her Twilight Princess design. I want to replace her Phantom special but I don't know what it will be yet.

Ganon
No more Ganondorf. It's time for a big, blue pig! Ganon uses his Link to the Past / Link Between Worlds design, and primarily fights using his trident. He also has some magic projectiles among his specials.

Vaati
Presenting the first personal bias pick: my favorite Zelda villain, with his design from the Minish Cap- my favorite Zelda game! Vaati relies heavily on magic attacks, but he does occasionally wield a sword. His grab turns opponents to stone, but they shatter back to normal after he throws them. I don't have too many standard attacks envisioned yet, but I can see a down tilt where he summons a small thorny vine near his feet, inspired by his final boss battle in Minish Cap.

Samus
While her moveset will most likely remain unchanged for the most part, Samus now defaults to her Dread design in this game. But her classic and Fusion armors are available as alts too!

Falco
Despite being effectively unchanged from Ultimate, Falco is now labelled as Fox's echo. The Echo term is really now reserved for moveset clones in general.

Pokemon Fighters
All Pokemon fighters still use their anime voices, but they'll also make use of their in-game cries now as well. Pikachu and Jigglypuff have stayed because Pikachu cannot be left out and Jigglypuff completes the Original 12, but the other playable Pokemon are newcomers determined by my personal bias.

Crobat
Crobat is a heavily air focused fighter. He never touches the ground unless he's crouching or prone. He's essentially Little Mac's opposite, as his grounded attacks are actually objectively worse than his aerials.

Zorua
My personal favorite Pokemon simply had to make the cut. Zorua is a lightweight with a nifty ability. In a match with more than two players, Zorua can use her Illusions to disguise herself as another fighter, even down to imitating their player name (or CPU tag). Her stats, attacks, and such will remain the same, hitboxes and all, even though they most likely won't match up with the animations she performs. Zorua's Illusions fade when she takes enough damage, and she has a big cooldown on them.

Hisuian Zorua
A version of Zorua that will at least feature some different special moves. At the moment, I'm actually unsure of how to handle the Illusion ability, mainly because I haven't actually caught a Hisuian Zorua myself and currently don't know how it works in Legends. Once I've done that, though... I'll come back to this.

Kumatora
Kumatora is basically just replacing Lucas. The only thing I can really say at the moment that will distinguish her from Lucas (besides hitboxes) is that she doesn't have Rope Snake.

Roy
Essentially unchanged from Ultimate, Roy is now Marth's official echo. Lucina's still here, just as an alt for Marth.

Wario
I would like to make Wario a little more Wario Land themed, but I'm currently unsure of how to do so. At the very least, overalls Wario is the default now.

R.O.B.
Regional differences be damned, Famicom R.O.B. is always the default again.

Little Mac
I'd like to rebalance Mac so he isn't objectively the worst character anymore, so he'll be a bit more competent in the air now. He's still definitely at home on the ground though.

Pyra and Mythra
No longer a duo fighter, Pyra is the base character and Mythra is the echo. They'll be mostly unchanged from Ultimate, with their only major difference being new down specials that I haven't picked out yet because I don't know much of anything about Xenoblade.

Octoling
While the Inklings are still exclusively Splatoon 1 themed, the Octolings are echos that are exclusively Splatoon 2 themed (Don't worry Splatoon 3, you'll get a stage and maybe an Assist or something, who knows). The Octolings' moveset is still basically the same as the Inkling's, but they'll use Splatoon 2 weapons and notably replace the Roller with an Octobrush (moves faster and can easily turn around but does less damage and can't bury). They'll also have the sticky bombs (forget the name) for their down special.

Prince Sable
The only "stance" fighter in the game...sort of. The Prince has special moves that will transform him into a frog (up special) or a snake (down special), and afterwards he'll remain in those forms temporarily. He has limited movesets in these forms.

Lip
Lip uses her flower wand as a weapon for her moveset, but she'll also be able to summon Panels for certain attacks. All of the other fairies from Panel de Pon are available as her alts, and each fairy has an alt costume inspired by the Yoshi character who replaced them in Tetris Attack.

Amy
Another bias pick: My favorite Sonic character! Amy is a glass cannon. She's fast and lightweight, but her hammer lets her hit like a truck.

Proto Man
Proto Man is just like Mega Man, but with different specials and a shield that functions just like Link's. Proto Man also notably holds his shield out whenever he jumps, but it goes away when he uses an aerial or dodge.

Ms. Pac-Man
It's my game and I say we can acknowledge her existence! Ms. Pac-Man varies on the Pacster with different fruits in her standard special and potentially a unique down special... but mostly, she's just a slightly weaker yet faster version of her husband.

Kris
A character I couldn't leave out since Deltarune is actually very meaningful to me. Kris actually gets a roughly 1 to 1 remake of his Rivals of Aether mod moveset, only with legitimate references to content outside of Chapter 1 (specifics to be determined). It's my game, shut up.

Rayman
Rayman will be fairly similar to his SSF2 incarnation, although I'll be making him a bit more Origins/Legends themed.

Space Invaders
The Space Invaders are primarily modeled after the game Space Invaders: Get Even. You will play as the UFO, and the Invaders can be summoned to circle you. The Invaders are used as both weapons and meatshields, making them an interesting evolution from Olimar's playstyle (and the Pikmin captain isn't even in this game...)

Waluigi
Waluigi will also be quite similar to his SSF2 incarnation, in which he is portrayed as a sort of bastardization of Luigi's moveset. That's honestly all I know so far.

Dr. Eggman
Like most moveset concepts for Large Egg, he pilots a machine here. Eggman is restricted to his Eggmobile here, and it will summon parts of various bosses from throughout the Sonic series to fight with. And don't worry- he's not a summoner!

Slime
The Dragon Quest rep we should've gotten! Slime ditches Hero's generic swordfighter and janky RNG mechanics to make a moveset that really focuses on the little goober's slimy body shape. He still has magic attacks of course, but he doesn't rely on a meter or any kind of RNG.

Sora
Donald and Goofy are allowed to exist. I'll talk about their inclusion later. That is all.

Now that's all I'm gonna discuss today... next time I'll talk Stages and the game's take on Final Smashes.

Baysha

Smash Ace
Figured I'd try my hand at this. My rosters tend to lean towards "**** you, I'm adding what I want." so it'd be interesting trying to make a roster than can appeal to people other than myself. (Though the rosters are still pretty biased.) I'm conflicted on whether I want to go all-out or come for a more reserved roster, so I made both. Not counting echoes, one is 64 because that's the highest stack amount in Minecraft and another is 23 because of the Game Grumps. These are very subject to change, as they're pretty much first drafts.

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Link
  5. Zelda
  6. Ganon
  7. Pichu (Pikachu Echo Fighter)
  8. Cinderace
  9. Zoroark
  10. Kirby
  11. King DeDeDe
  12. Wario
  13. Donkey Kong (Funky Kong Echo Fighter)
  14. Inkling (Octling Echo Fighter)
  15. Fox
  16. Samus
  17. Rhythm Girl
  18. Bomberman
  19. Sonic
  20. Tails
  21. Steve
  22. Reimu Hakurei
  23. Heavy

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Bowser
  4. Peach (Daisy Echo Fighter but with like, Ken-level differences)
  5. Goomba
  6. P. Plant
  7. Waluigi
  8. Yoshi
  9. Kamek
  10. Wario
  11. Vivian
  12. Donkey Kong (Funky Kong Echo Fighter)
  13. Diddy Kong
  14. Cranky Kong
  15. King K. Rool
  16. Link
  17. Zelda
  18. Ganon (Pig)
  19. Vaati
  20. Midna and Wolf Link
  21. Tingle
  22. Pichu (Pikachu Echo Fighter)
  23. Pokemon Trainer
  24. Cinderace
  25. Lucario
  26. Zoroark
  27. Trubbish
  28. Skarmory
  29. Grovyle and Celebi
  30. Kirby
  31. King DeDeDe
  32. Meta Knight
  33. Bandana Waddle Dee
  34. Adeline
  35. Fox (with Falco, Slippy, Peppy, Miyu, and Fay as alts)
  36. Samus (Dark Samus echo fighter)
  37. E.M.M.I.
  38. Ness
  39. Captain Falcon
  40. Ice Climbers
  41. Marth
  42. Robin
  43. Ike
  44. R.O.B.
  45. Tom Nook
  46. Mr. Resetti
  47. Little Mac
  48. King Hippo
  49. Pac-Man
  50. Ghost Gang
  51. Sonic
  52. Tails
  53. Knuckles
  54. Inkling (Octling Echo Fighter)
  55. Bomberman
  56. Hero
  57. Banjo-Kazooie
  58. Steve
  59. Sora
  60. Reimu Hakurei
  61. Parappa
  62. Rhythm Girl/Yuka
  63. Heavy Weapons Guy
  64. Tetromino

• There would be a lot more alt costumes and alt colors. In fact, the number of alts would not be set to any specific pattern. There would also be multiple color variations for model swaps
  • In order to shake up gameplay, assists can be summoned mid-battle with the use of a meter. This also has the benefit of making a character getting assist status sting much less due to the fact that they aren't relegated to a style of playing most people (of the ones complaining at least) don't play.
  • Final smash meter is back, however, if you don't KO any opponents with it, you'll be left in a very vulnerable state. You will be unable to move and will take more knockback. With this, final smashes turn from the worst case being that you just don't get any KOs into a high risk, high reward attack.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright a new update!
Has I said before I want to focus on the aesthetic of the game this time, the purple would be the prioritary color this time with different tones of the color going for the more bright tones to the darker ones, the HUD would be near identical to the one in Ultimate with only slight changes in things like the font. The only menu with major changes would be the online mode that for reference look here.

In terms of the artstyle of the characters (and stages) we will more or less avoid the more realistic look from Ultimate to go with a more "anime-ish" apparence using cellshading a-la Arc System Works, particulary looking like their most recent game DNF Duel but with some more notorious shades and bold outlines like MVC3:
In terms of more miscellanea changes, I think something that Smash should have do long time ago are multiple announcers, and no not talking about the different language narrators but more of them in general, an universal male and female options apart of "special" narrators that would only come in english or japanese by default depending of who are you using (like, idk, who here wants a Wario announcer?).

And for the end just dropping a list of ideas for newcomers (note the idea part, not all these guys would be included):
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Galacta Knight​
  • Magolor​
  • Susie Haltmann​
  • Three Mage Sisters​
  • Adeleine​
  • Dark Matter Blade​
  • Wart​
  • Geno​
  • Skull Kid​
  • Vaati​
  • Impa​
  • Calamity Ganon​
  • Raven Beak​
  • Omega Metroid​
  • Deoxys​
  • Gallade​
  • Golurk​
  • Unova Trainer​
  • Genesect​
  • Marshadow​
  • Toxtricity​
  • Porky​
  • Black Shadow​
  • Ashley​
  • Kamek​
  • Viridi​
  • Hades​
  • Lyn​
  • Tiki​
  • Camus​
  • Black Knight​
  • Azura​
  • Micaiah​
  • Anna​
  • Elma​
  • KOS-MOS​
  • Takamaru​
  • Isaac​
  • Andy​
  • Qbby​
  • Sakura Shinguji​
  • Arle Nadja​
  • Kiryu​
  • Minato Arisato​
  • Yu Narukami​
  • Aigis​
  • Sumire Yoshizawa​
  • Demifiend​
  • Nahobino​
  • Hibiki Kuze​
  • 2B​
  • Akira Howard​
  • X​
  • Zero​
  • MegaMan.EXE​
  • Dr. Wily​
  • Sigma​
  • Chun-Li​
  • Sakura Kasugano​
  • Akuma​
  • Dante​
  • Nero​
  • Vergil​
  • Resident Evil Protagonists (Leon, Claire, Chris, Jill)​
  • Nemesis​
  • Wesker​
  • Phoenix Wright​
  • Apollo Justice​
  • Morrigan Aensland​
  • Monster Hunter​
  • Assasin (Ezio, Altair, Connor, Edward)​
  • Raiden (MGR)​
  • Alucard​
  • Soma Cruz​
  • Shanoa​
  • Jonathan and Charlotte​
  • Bill Ryzer​
  • Bomberman​
  • Lloyd Irving​
  • Cress Albain​
  • Yuri Lowell​
  • Luke fon Fabre​
  • Velvet Crowe​
  • Alphen​
  • Heihachi Mishima​
  • Siegfried​
  • Nightmare​
  • Klonoa​
  • Warrior of Light​
  • Terra Branford​
  • Squall Leonhart​
  • Vivi Ornitier​
  • Noctis Lucis Caellum​
  • Neku Sakuraba​
  • Rindo Kanade​
  • Agnes​
  • Lara Croft​
  • Kyo Kusanagi​
  • Iori Yagami​
  • Athena Asamiya​
  • Ryo Sakazaki​
  • Rock Howard​
  • Geese Howard​
  • Rugal Bernstein​
  • Metal Slug Soldier (Marco, Fio, Tarma, Eri)​
  • Haohmaru​
  • Nakoruru​
  • Jago​
  • Fulgore​
  • Ryu Hayabusa​
  • Sol Badguy​
  • Ky Kiske​
  • Dizzy​
  • Jack-O' Valentine​
  • Ragna the Bloodedge​
  • Noel Vermillion​
  • Yuuki Terumi​
  • Susanoo​
  • Hyde Kido​
  • Kunio​
  • Kyoko & Misako​
  • Billy & Jimmy​
  • Heart Aino​
  • Gran​
  • Katarina​
  • Chosen Undead​
  • Geralt of Rivia​
  • Scorpion​
  • Sub-Zero​
  • Noob Saibot​
  • Doom Slayer​
  • B.J. Blazkowicz​
  • Duke Nukem​
  • Ranger​
  • Vault Boy​
  • Dovahkiin​
  • Laharl​
  • Saber​
  • Arcueid Brunestud​
  • Aoko Aozaki​
  • Makoto Naegi​
  • Layton​
  • Kurisu Makise​
  • Ren Fujii​
  • Gwendolyn​
  • Oswald​
  • Momohime/Kisuke​
  • Travis Touchdown​
  • Rythm Heaven rep​
  • The Knight​
  • Shovel Knight​
  • Shantae​
  • The Beheaded​
  • Miriam​
  • Zagreus​
  • Fillia​
  • Reimu Hakurei​
  • Gunvolt​
  • Traveler​
It's a ****ing long list and make it shorten would be really hard, I will consider cut more characters for add more of the news tho.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
In terms of third parties I'd want, with more regards to personal want than gaming history... buckle in kids:
  1. Knight & Ostrich (Joust)
  2. Bubsy (Bubsy)
  3. Clippy (Microsoft Windows)
  4. PaRappa the Rapper (PaRappa the Rapper)
  5. Tails (Sonic)
  6. Knuckles (Sonic)
  7. Eggman (Sonic)
  8. Miner Willy (Manic Miner)
  9. Space Invader (Space Invaders)
  10. Yorgle, Grundle, and Rhindle (Adventure)
  11. Bad Piggy (Angry Birds)
  12. Peppino (Pizza Tower)
  13. Tetromino (Tetris)
  14. Car (Any racing game)
  15. Plok (Plok)
  16. Ghost Gang (Pac-Man)
  17. Ms. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
  18. Mappy (Mappy)
  19. Rabbids (Rabbids)
  20. Bonanza Bros. (Bonanza Bros.)
  21. Headdy (Dynamite Headdy)
  22. Flicky (Flicky)
  23. Ristar (Ristar)
  24. Voodoo Vince (Voodoo Vince)
Honourable mention to Crash Bandicoot, as well as his fellow series reps Dingodile and Ripper Roo - I'd love to double or even triple dip for this series' hypothetical debut but even without the gaming history thing I think homegrown MS characters are needed before diving into any more acquirred content, even if none other than Clippy or Voodoo Vince appeal to me that much

I think I'd also try to get Shrek and Goku in there, but I see them as a package deal - it's either both or nothing, and certainly no more non-game characters from that point.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Characters will have niche like subtle interactions at the beginning of the match. Iconic phrasing in terms of Smash interacting, small or witty exchanges.

Dizzy Hand will have invisibility, magnetic pull, fire balls, rock, paper, scissors, multiply as his own special moves.

Character moveset variation will have (Regular), (2nd) moveset variation, (3rd) moveset variation.

I plan to do full rundown on descripting character moveset variations in my next post.

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
A new little detail I decided on for my Smash: the visuals.

No more 3D models! This game (title still TBD) runs on a hand drawn 2D artstyle!

Anyways, now I'm here to showcase part of the current Stage selection! This game prioritizes new stages but will still have a few classics. Every character has their own dedicated home stage. Also, almost every stage has two forms: For Fun, which may feature wacky layouts and hazards, and For Glory, which is always competitively legal. Every For Fun stage is completely unique, but many For Glory stages share layouts. Stages may also have visual variants that don't change the layouts or hazards.

Battlefield

The classic we all know and love. This stage retains the whole "ruins" kind of theme that the last few Battlefields have held, although it will contain visual references to the game's story-centric sister game, which will be discussed in a later post. This stage has no variants, and the For Fun and For Glory forms are identical.

Floating Arena

This stage is featured as a reskin of Small Battlefield. It doesn't feature any hazards, but the Halberd will occasionally fly overhead and turn the sky red for a bit. It has identical For Fun and For Glory variants, and it also has a visual variant: Subspace!

The Subspace variant is based on the arenas where the clone characters are fought. But it doesn't change the layout or add any hazards.

World of Light

This stage uses the visuals of the Galeem battle arena, but is actually this game's Big Battlefield reskin. Galeem himself is a background element but does not interfere with the match. The stage has no hazards, and its For Glory variant uses Battlefield's layout. The stage also has two matching visual variants: The Dark Realm and The Final Battle!

Final Destination

Final Destination returns to more Melee-esque visuals. The background is less wild than in the previous games and simply depicts space, with some references to the story floating around. There are no hazards, and the stage is identical in For Fun and For Glory.

Training Zone

The Training Stage is real now! There are no hazards, although the knockback prediction lines are still present. The For Glory variant, which is also used as the Online Waiting Room, restricts the stage to the Battlefield segment and removes the knockback predictions.

Bob-Omb Battlefield

Mario's Home Stage. This stage has two walkoff layers (the lowest ground with Koopa the Quick, and the middle ground with Chain Chomp) and a floating platform that cannot be dropped through (the island). Chain Chomp will attack the fighters sometimes, signaled by a loud bark. Koopa the Quick may also occasionally run across the stage, which can damage fighters. The For Glory variant is a Smashville reskin taking place solely on the island, with King Bob-Omb on the mountaintop in the background.

Paranormal Productions

Luigi's Home Stage. This stage features the fighters as actors on a movie set! Imagine Fourside, but smaller and with more buildings. There's also visuals on the screen to imply the player is looking through a camera, just like in the screenshot above. A Ghost dressed in a kaiju costume will attack the city sometimes, serving as a stage boss. The For Glory variant is a Wily Castle reskin on a rooftop. The camera visuals are still present in this variant, and the Ghost can still appear, but only as a background element.

Peach's Birthday Cake

Peach's Home Stage. Shamelessly stolen from the Mario Smash Thread (but it's okay because I submitted the idea), this stage is actually a reskin of Yoshi's Story, in which the main platform is made of cake and the floating platforms are eclairs. Randall the Cloud and the Shy Guys have been removed, though. This stage has no hazards and is identical in For Fun and For Glory.

Galactic Stadium

Daisy's Home Stage. Fighters actually cannot be KO'd off the blast zones here, as invisible electric fences surrounding the field will zap anyone who touches them. The only way to score a KO is to launch someone into one of the goals! The goals are made a lot taller than usual to accommodate for Smash's physics. The For Glory variant simply removes the fences and removes the collision on the goals.

Bowser's Castle

Bowser's Home Stage. Visually, the stage looks just like the image above only without the floating platforms and without the pixel artstyle. Also, the non-bridge parts of the stage are a bit wider. The lava keeps players from falling into the bottom blast zone, as it damages and launches fighters upward on contact. The Axe isn't always present, but when it does appear, you can touch it to cut down the bridge, removing a large chunk of the stage and adding more lava to dunk foes into. The For Glory variant is a Smashville reskin featuring a platform that looks like the ones used in Super Mario Bros. / All-Stars.

Waluigi Pinball (DLC)

Added to the game alongside Waluigi, this stage takes place on the actual pinball table segment of the iconic racetrack, with Waluigi and his slot machine in the background. The visuals match with the Mario Kart Tour verison of the track. The stage features bumpers that can bounce players around, and giant pinballs will occasionally be added into the mix. The For Glory variant is a WarioWare Inc reskin floating above the table, letting you see the entire table segment and Waluigi's slot machine.

Pipe Maze

An underground stage modeled after Super Mario Bros. 3. The stage is an 8-Player centric Temple-like Pipe Maze. Notably, any pipe can be entered to teleport a player to a different pipe. Just watch out for the occasional Piranha Plant! The For Glory variant is a much calmer Town and City (first form) reskin, with the floating platforms being made of tiny, thin pipes.

Birabuto Brawl

This stage takes place in the Birabuto Kingdom, with large pyramids in the background. The layout is identical to Small Battlefield, but the fighters may occasionally be attacked by Tatanga, who flies overhead and drops Super Mario Land enemies onto the stage that can all be defeated. The stage has three visual variants as well: Muda Mayhem, Easton Excitement, and Chai Challenge.

Vanilla Dome

Another lava stage, this time featuring the fighters on Skull Lifts traversing the boiling, Blargg infested caves! There are two Skull Lift platforms in the lava, one a ways ahead of the other, and Blarggs will often leap out to try and attack the fighters along the way! You'll also pass by ? Blocks on occasion that can be platforms but also provide items when struck. The For Glory variant has a regular Vanilla Dome style platform with two floating Skull Lifts as platforms in a Northern Cave layout.

Toy Time Galaxy

A very bright and colorful stage taking place on a giant toy train that flies through the Galaxy. You'll see everything, including the various blocks, Giant Mecha Bowser, 8-Bit Mario, and random dinner plates and desserts. There are no hazards, but the layout is train shaped, making things interesting regardless. The For Glory variant is a WarioWare Inc reskin made of platforms much like in the above image, floating in the middle of the Galaxy.

Dr. Mario

This stage is basically identical to the above image, although the giant Megavitamins may change layout sometimes, becoming a single floating platform or hanging off the ledges, for example. The For Glory variant is a Battlefield reskin using the pills as the platforms.

Oho Oasis

A beach stage featuring a bunch of Oho Jees and a big construct with Fire and Thunder imagery just like in the image above. The layout is a walkoff on the left side, with water off the beach on the right side. Hermie III may occasionally cameo in the background. The Oho Jees can get in the way of the battle, and if they do, attacking them drives them mad and makes them aggressive, at which point they must be defeated. If left alone, Oho Jees will just leave peacefully. The For Glory variant is a Rivals of Aether Treetop Lounge reskin on a floating chunk of land overlooking the area.

Marion Clubhouse
1656530431046.png

Another stage of mine I've stolen from Mario Smash. This stage is a walkoff with the fighters standing on the rug and being able to climb the stairs to reach the blast zones, making the layout resemble a U, sort of. The For Glory variant is a Small Battlefield reskin floating outside, overlooking the Marion Golf Course. The platform has Neil and Ella's golf bags resting on it as background visuals.

Lego Super Mario

A randomly generated stage (just like Super Mario Maker) featuring elements from all the Lego Super Mario sets. The For Glory variant is just a Wily Castle reskin taking place on the Lego NES.

and now, the returning classic stages:
Mushroom Kingdom (64)
Delfino Plaza
Golden Plains
New Donk City Hall
Super Mario Maker
Rainbow Road

Okay, that's actually gonna be all for now. This took me longer than I thought it would and I'm already tired. Next time I'll showcase DK stages and maybe the Zelda ones too!

FazDude

Smash Master
I'm not gonna beat around the bush - I'm gonna reboot Smash But Awesome. I feel like I played it way too safe early on and I want to go back and make a Smash the way I'd make one for myself - Not one that I'd make with the fans in mind. Fan demand will still influence some aspects of the game and it won't stray too far away from what people think of Smash (no cutting Zelda for seven Bloons reps, for instance), but for the most part, I am going to go with my gut and make the most FazDude Smash game you could imagine (with all the expected ramifications that brings).

Today, I'm just going to start with general gameplay - The tone of the game, core concepts of fighting, etc. Maybe a roster later today, but that's not really a guarantee - I'm just gonna focus on gameplay to avoid burnout.
  • Like I mentioned earlier, Smash But Awesome will adopt a tone which is a happy medium between Smash 64 and Ultimate. There's still a sense of excitement to it, but not in a melodramatic way. Specifically...
    • There's no solid reason for why all these characters are coming together to fight - They just are. I've always liked the "The Hands are just a kid playing with his Nintendo dolls" theory, and while it won't be stated outright here, that's what I'd imagine would be going on with SSBBA.
    • Generally speaking, menus will be stylistically similar to Kirby Star Allies or Smash Brawl - Maybe a little more organized and with a few more darker colors, but with more personality than something like Ultimate.
    • As for the game's general artstyle, I previously cited Spider-Man: Into the Spiderverse as an inspiration. I kinda changed my mind on this; While I'd imagine the special zooms would use a comic-book like aesthetic, but generally, I'd like the game to look the same but with more saturated colors. (I will, however, say that MvC3-style shading is a based idea.)
    • Overall, it'd feel like the fun, multiversal smackdown Smash is at its core - There's no real reason as to why all these characters are fighting each other, so there's no need to present the concept as this gladiator-style duel of honor. We'll be treating Smash with some of the absurdity it naturally has.
  • Now, onto more gameplay-centric stuff; I think that Ultimate, generally speaking, is a nice base of reference - Not as fast as Melee (although I won't argue with a Turbo mode), but not as slow as Brawl or 4. That said, we can make some tweaks.
    • Firstly, I want a strafe button, similarly to Nick All-Star Brawl. I think that auto-facing as a character-specific thing as seen with Ryu or Kazuya makes them less accessible, so instead of repeating that, everyone will be able to move back while facing forward with a dedicated button.
    • Also returning from NASB is its style of wavedashing. It's really easy to learn, and will help close the percieved gap between "casual" and "competitive" Smash.
    • Shield Specials will be emphasized more - They won't be universal across all fighters, but some characters who could benefit from such a move will be given it - For example, swapping between the Trainer's Pokemon and the Aegis will be moved to Shield Special, with their Down Specials now becoming a character-specific move. Shulk's Monado Arts also get a similar treatment.
    • Character-centric mechanics will be toned down in some cases to be more accessible. However, this will only apply to characters who really stretch the boundaries of Smash too much; Characters like Inkling and Joker remain the same despite their gimmicks, since they're fairly straight-forward and easy to pick up. Characters like Kazuya, though, will be toned down to keep their skill floor around the same as everyone else while maintaining their skill ceiling.
    • Custom Moves will return, featuring moves directly inspired by the fighters' source material.
    • Trophies return, but are given the stat buffs and character-specific battles like Spirits.
    • Finally, I want to add more single-player stuff to Smash; I'm stopping short of a full-fledged Story Mode, but some more content you can play alone is always nice.
That'll be it for now; I'll talk more about fighters in detail some other time.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
While I'd prefer to go full cartoony, I like the idea of a fluid per-stage aesthetic - so if you're playing on a Mario stage everything's saturated and details are decreased, while a Metal Gear stage exaggerates the textures Brawl style. That would apply to hit effects too - psychedelic diamonds for EarthBound, puffs of smoke for Mario, cool streaks of energy for Sonic, so on. It'd apply to sound effects to a lesser extent, there wouldn't be directly ripped SFX from the games, but Smash 64 style SFX would be used for Kirby or Pac-Man stages, realistic SFX for Fire Emblem or Metal Gear stages, and the current Smash SFX for happy-medium series like the big-handed and big-footed but overall anime-esque Kid Icarus universe or the more early-Disney-adjacent Donkey Kong universe

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I was thinking to talk about gameplay since is one of my favorite things, but first for all I want totalk about something that I think Smash lacks.

I personally think both Subspace Emissary and Word of Light are quite trash...ok maybe a little more trash, that being said, there is something that they do very well and it's the
INTERACTIONS
I think when you do a crossover, particulary one for Fighting Games you should try to make the most of all the characters you have, yet Smash rarely makes uses of that, mostly just in the trailers and in the previous mentioned "story modes", so here I am, trying to bring some additional interaction to the characters!
  • A lot of people plays 1v1 maybe because is more balanced, maybe because they don't have any else to play, maybe because they simple like it more in that way, so when you are playing 1v1 certain characters would have unique intros and unique victories!, take for example the iconic Ken vs Terry intro from the Capcom vs SNK series, or you can also have things like Mario and Sonic taunting the other, Link and Cloud crossing blades before the match, etc, and has I said this would also apply to the victory poses where some characters would either just reference the fighter they beated or directly they would mock them.​
  • Similar, the teams (mostly the teams of 2 characters) would also have unique victory poses depending of which ones you are using, Samus and Ridley fighting against themselves after their "temporal ceasefire", Donkey Kong and Diddy dancing, etc.​
  • I think it would be cool if we expand a little bit more how the arcade mode works, now it would mantain the "each character has a unique route" but it would also count a ministory, with a particular series of images at the end showing how the same ended. Things like, idk maybe Wario defeating characters who owns treasures making himself even more richer or Akuma doing a "Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe" move showing how he has defeated each fighter across the roster for show his Satsui no Hado.​
  • Not a direct interaction but I always loved the Photo Mode of Guilty Gear, I think the ability to put the characters in particular scenes that couldn't be replicated in the regular game would be great.​
  • I like a lot Ultimate's CG but I think trying to mantain the HQ models maybe it's too problematic so at least something like an animated intro in 2D would be very cool, my personal bias would love something made by Studio Trigger in a similar look to Little Witch Academia, or like Ufotable and their amazing work in series like Kimetsu no Yaiba and the Kara no Kyoukai movies.​
These are all the ideas I have atm, tomorrow I will try to define my own concept for mechanics.

FazDude

Smash Master
Alright, I'm just gonna do the fighters now since I'm bored.

First, let me start with my roster size - 100. While this is a pretty big number - bigger than Ultimate, even - I got it based off Project M EX Remix, a mod for Brawl which has 119 characters. It's much more convoluted than "a bunch of guys made 119 unique characters in their spare time", but if they can do that, I don't think it's too farfetched for Nintendo to add 100. Plus, 100 is a nice, even number.

However, despite this bloated (and frankly unrealistic) roster size, this will not be an Everyone Is Here case. To emphasize this, let's talk about who won't be returning.
  • Jigglypuff: I know it's sacrilege to cut one of the Original 12, but Jigglypuff has always been a weird addition to me. She was probably added since she was easier to make than an entirely new fighter, but as you'll soon see, that excuse probably won't be enough to justify me not cutting a character.
  • Dr. Mario: He could easily be made into a Mario costume. 'Nuff said.
  • Pichu: While I do appreciate Pichu, I think we should stick to having one member of each evolutionary line. As such, Pichu gets the axe.
  • Sheik: Sheik does make sense as a swappable character with Zelda, but now that they're seperate, she just kinda feels weird to me. I do have an idea on how to replace her playstyle, though.
  • Lucina: Lucina is the FE character i'd be the most okay keeping, but given my plans for the series when it comes to representation, I think it's best if she sits this one out.
  • Young Link: I need to cut at least one Link, and I think Toon Link's representation of an entirely different style of Zelda gives him a slight edge over Y. Link.
  • Chrom: Chrom's a neat addition, but I think Robin's the only Awakening rep we really need.
  • Dark Pit: Would become a Pit costume, with things like the Electroshock Arm becoming Custom Specials.
  • Zero Suit Samus: This one I could swing either way on, but it feels weird having Samus' power and athleticism seperated into two different sides of her - I'd rather find a balance between the two for Power Suit Samus, so ZSS doesn't really have a purpose here.
  • Ike: Actually, I'd be okay with keeping Ike too, but eh.
  • Squirtle and Ivysaur: Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Pokemon Trainer's team mechanic, but I wanna cut down on Gen 1 representation to balance the other gens out, so Squirtle and Ivysaur kinda have to go. Charizard stays, though.
  • Lucas: While I don't think he'd work as a costume for Ness quite as well as Dr. Mario and Dark Pit do, I also think he's kind of a weird addition from a international perspective, since his home game has yet to debut outside of Japan, even 14 years after his inclusion in Brawl. I'll still make him a costume for his fans, though, and his unique specials will become Custom Specials for Ness.
  • Rosalina & Luma: While I've come around to their inclusion since the Smash 4 days, I still don't really get why the inclusion was made in the first place (nor do I understand why Rosalina was suddenly pushed so hard in the mid-2010's). Plus, her moveset is kinda weird once you get down to it - You have this motherly character sending her children off to fight.
  • Ken: God I do NOT want to do this but if I'm cutting Dark Pit despite his differences to Pit, I guess I have to do the same with Ken.
  • Corrin: Removed on account of being Corrin. (For real, though, I hear that FE fans despise this character, and Smash fans tend to be just as negative about them.)
  • Richter: Despite being the superior Belmont, Richter has no relevant differences to Simon (aside from his Holy Water being aura-based, which only really matters in specific matchups). Off to Costume Hell he goes.
  • Isabelle: Like Lucas, she does have a few significant gameplay differences to Villager, but I think she would work best as an alternate costume alongside a bunch of other Animal Crossing villagers.
  • Min Min: Don't worry, ARMS fans - We aren't cutting playable representation for the series. More on that in a bit.
  • Pyra & Mythra: I still woulda prefered Rex. This is an entirely biased cut. Sue me.
Alright, with that bit of sadness out of the way, let's talk about our newcomers. Since we've got 33 newcomer slots to work with, I'll mostly be using Global Smash Roster, so I can pick out picks that interest me personally while still being highly demanded characters. Of course, there will still be the surprise reps, but I want to have some fan-favorites.

1. Mario [Super Mario]
  2. Luigi
  3. Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Bowser Junior
  6. Koopa Troop (PokeTrainer-esque team consisting of Goomba, Koopa Troopa, and Piranha Plant)
  7. Toad
  8. Donkey Kong [Donkey Kong]
  9. Diddy Kong
  10. King K. Rool
  11. Dixie Kong
  12. Link [The Legend of Zelda]
  13. Zelda
  14. Ganondorf
  15. Toon Link
  16. Impa
  17. Ganon
  18. Samus [Metroid]
  19. Ridley
  20. Dark Samus
  21. Raven Beak
  22. Yoshi [Yoshi]
  23. Kirby [Kirby]
  24. Meta Knight
  25. King Dedede
  26. Bandanna Waddle Dee
  27. Dark Matter
  28. Fox [Star Fox]
  29. Falco
  30. Wolf
  31. Pikachu [Pokemon]
  32. Mewtwo
  33. Charizard
  34. Lucario
  35. Greninja
  36. Incineroar
  37. Toxiricity
  38. Ness [Earthbound]
  39. Captain Falcon [F-Zero]
  40. Ice Climbers [Ice Climber]
  41. Marth [Fire Emblem]
  42. Roy
  43. Robin
  44. Byleth
  45. Mr. Game & Watch [Game & Watch]
  46. Pit [Kid Icarus]
  47. Palutena
  48. Wario [Wario Land/Ware]
  49. Waluigi
  50. Snake [Metal Gear]
  51. Sonic [Sonic the Hedgehog]
  52. Knuckles
  53. Dr. Eggman
  54. Olimar [Pikmin]
  55. R.O.B. [R.O.B.]
  56. Villager [Animal Crossing]
  57. Tom Nook
  58. Mega Man [Mega Man]
  59. Wii Fit Trainer [Wii Fit]
  60. Little Mac [Punch-Out!!]
  61. Mr. Sandman
  62. Mii Fighters [Mii]
  63. Pac-Man [Pac-Man]
  64. Ghost Gang
  65. Shulk [Xenoblade Chronicles]
  66. Duck Hunt [Duck Hunt]
  67. Ryu [Street Fighter]
  68. Chun-Li
  69. Cloud [Final Fantasy]
  70. Sephiroth
  71. Bayonetta [Bayonetta]
  72. Inkling [Splatoon]
  73. Simon [Castlevania]
  74. Joker [Persona]
  75. Hero [Dragon Quest]
  76. Banjo & Kazooie [Banjo-Kazooie]
  77. Terry [Fatal Fury]
  78. Spring Man [ARMS]
  79. Steve [Minecraft]
  80. Kazuya [Tekken]
  81. Sora [Kingdom Hearts]
  82. Heavy [Team Fortress 2]
  83. Crash [Crash Bandicoot]
  84. Doom Slayer [DOOM]
  85. Master Chief [Halo]
  86. Shovel Knight [Shovel Knight]
  87. Impostor [Among Us]
  88. Freddy Fazbear [Five Nights at Freddy's]
  89. Cuphead [Cuphead]
  90. Sans [UNDERTALE]
  91. Tetromino [Tetris]
  92. Red [Angry Birds]
  93. Penguin [Club Penguin]
  94. Anton [Antonball]
  95. Annalynn [Annalynn]
  96. Adventurer [Adventure]
  97. Space Invaders [Space Invaders]
  98. Andy [Advance Wars]
  99. Dart Monkey [Bloons TD]
  100. Peacock [Skullgirls]
Whew, that was a doozy. I'll probably end up changing my mind by tomorrow, anyways. For now, though, what do you think?

This is my personal smash:
Super Smash Bros. Nova

The game I'm managing is a reboot of Super Smash Bros, but with slight decreased roster.

So, the base roster would be reduced from 89 to 50.
Base roster:
1. Mario
2. Luigi (Echo)
3. Peach
4. Bowser
5. Daisy (Unique fighter)
6. Wario & Waluigi (Stance fighter)
7. Donkey Kong & Diddy (Duo Fighter like Duck hunt)
8. Yoshi
9. Link
10. Zelda
11. Ganon
12. Samus
13. Ridley
14. Kirby
15. King Dedede
16. Fox (Falco as costume)
17. Wolf (Echo)
18. Andross
19. Pikachu
20. Pokemon Trainer (Charizard, Totodile and Grovyle)
21. Mewtwo
22. Lucario
23. Marth
24. Byleth
25. Robin
26. Captain Falcon
27. Olimar & Pikmin
28. Chibi-Robo
29. Chorus Kids (Trio fighter stacked on each other like Rabbids in TMNT platfighter)-
30. Villager
31. Inkling
32. Pit
33. R.O.B
34. ExciteBiker
35. Duck Hunt Duo (I kept them, because their game is very iconic)
36. Springman
37. Shulk (Xenoblade)
38. Ness (Earthbound)
39. Mr. Game and Watct
40. Ryu (Street Fighter)
41. Snake
42. Megaman
43. Steve (Minecraft)
44. Pacman
45. Cloud (Final Fantasy)
46. Sonic
47. Wii Fit Trainer
48. Greninja (Pokemon)
49. Octoling (Echo)
50. Mii Fighter (Divided into Brawler, Swordfighter, Gunner and Ninja)

DLC:
1. Officer Howard
2. Simon Belmont
3. Demi-Fiend (SMT)
4. Ezio (Assassin's Creed)
5. Heihachi (Tekken)
6. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
7. Rex & Pyra
8. Terry (SNK)
9. Doomslayer (Doom)
10. Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Taisen)
11. Crash Bandicoot
12. Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
13. Banjo-Kazooie
14. Sora

I didn't included Echoes too much, because I'm not big fan of clone characters in fighting games.
Note: I've increased the base roster from 46 to 50, because I feel that some characters need to be part of it.

So, the modes in this game are nearly the same like in real smash
Modes:
  • VS. (Smash, Coin mode, special smash, custom smash and the new mode - triple tag. Triple tag mode is similar to Marvel VS Capcom 3 VS. Mode, where you pick 3 fighters in one battle and you can switch between them) (You know play from 2 to 8 players)
  • Arcade Mode (Each fighter has own routes like in Ultimate)
  • Multiplayer (Includes For fun & glory modes, battle royale (Consists 16 players)
  • Tournament mode (Also spectator mode included)
  • Story mode: The Subspace crisis (It's a mix of WoL and Subspace Emmisary, but the villain is FATHER - Creator of Tabuu and the hands)
  • Vault - acts like in real smash, where you can listen to songs, collect the Trophies, etc.)
  • Games & More - it also acts like in real smash (Masterpieces return to the game with new ones).
The menus of the game are similar to traditional fighting games, but they have "Nintendo" & futuristic like-aesthetic in terms of colors (Suspiciously similar to Brawl and SSB4 with Ultimate cues - More gray/monochromatic with minor amount of colors like purple or blue).

I'll do Assists, bosses, stages and rest of the content soon.

Last edited:

UserKev

Smash Champion
"Sign" Finally done. Ok this took an extremely long time. I even had to skip some characters because I had NO idea what satisfying move variations to come up for them. And I literally had to be creative. But this is basically the summary. Mario, Bowser and Peach were the most fun to make.

Character variation system will take inspiration from Custom moves.

Beginning with Mario, Regular moveset variation will retain the basis of the character while revamped with his Tornado Down B replaced as his Ground Pound. Fire Throw, 2nd moveset variation system, Mario can throw multiple fire balls that bounce higher into the air than their usual length. Hammer, 3rd moveset variation. Mario's Natural B, Down B and Side B functions as his hammer attacks.

Luigi, Mystical Arts, 2nd variation. Luigi's Natural B and Side B functions as electricity. Down B functions as electricity up. Green Fire, 3rd variation. Luigi can shoot rapid fire balls with the snap of a finger. Down B functions as a slowed green fire ball, exploding in a short length.

Peach, Parasol, 2nd variation. Peach's parasol functions as her Natural B, Smash attacks, jabs, up tilt, down tilt and forward A. Hoverer, 3rd variation. Peach's Natural B and Side B functions as hover attacks. Side B is a hover rush down attack. Down B functions as a glide up. Can attack while glide lowers.

Bowser, Fire Range, 2nd variation. Bowser's Natural B functions as slow, but powerful fire balls. Down B functions as shooting fire balls into the air, causing fire balls to fall. Spike Shell, 3rd variation. Bowser's Down B functions as a spike stomp. Side B functions as a shell spin, hold and release.

DK, Barrel Throw, 2nd variation. DK's Natural B functions as throwing barrels. Fast Kong, 3rd variation. DK's Natural B has a fast charge up time, but weak power. Has boxing jabs.

Diddy Kong, Grappler 2nd variation. Diddy Kong's Side B has unique Down, Forward, Back and Up throws. Diddy can rapidly pound the foe while in lock. Break Dance, 3rd variation. Diddy Kong's Down B functions as a combo-ing break dance. Move can be slid towards the foe for support.

King K. Rool, Boxer, 2nd variation. King K. Rool's Natural B Functions as a rapid jab. Side B functions as a rush dash jab. Ground Pound, 3rd variation. King K. Rool's Down B functions as a ground pound that stuns the foe.

Samus, Bomber, 2nd variation. Samus Natural B functions as firing rapid mini bombs. Side B functions as a more powerful singular launcher. Phazon Suit, 3rd variation. Samus Natural B functions as a singular bolt of pure molten energy. Recharges in 30 seconds. Down B functions as activating minor armor, increasing weight.

Ridley, Fireballs, 2nd variation. Ridley Natural B functions as a charge-able fire balls that shoot in random angles. Air Grappler, 3rd variation. Ridley's Natural B functions as a alternative grab hook. Side B in air functions as a grab, foe is held by Ridley's tail in the air, ending with a fireball.

Link, Deku Seeds, 2nd variation. Link's Natural B and side B functions as Deku projectiles. Shield, 3rd variation. Link's Natural B functions as a shield deflect, can deflect projectiles. Down B functions as a counter. Side B shield surf.

Ganondorf, Ground Pound, 2nd variation. Ganondorf's Natural B and Down B functions as ground pound attacks. Valley Blast, 3rd variation. Ganondorf's Natural B functions as a projectile.

Captain Falcon, Fists of Might, 2nd variation. Captain Falcon's Natural B and Side B functions as a regular punch. Meteor Knee, 3rd variation. Captain Falcon's Natural B and Side B functions as knee strike attacks.

Kirby, Spin Dance, 2nd variation. Kirby's Natural B functions as a multi hit spin kick. Forward B functions as a rush spin kick. Rush Down, 3rd variation. Natural B functions as rush down star dive kick. Kirby's Forward B functions as a rush down tackle.

Dedede, Slippery King, 2nd variation. King Dedede's Side B functions as a slide attack. Natural B functions as a charge-able slide hammer spin attack. Jet Hammer, 3rd variation. King Dedede's Natural B, Down B and side B functions as light hammer attacks.

Wario, Grappler, 2nd variation. Wario Side B functions as a Seismic Toss. Natural B functions as a back slam. Gobble, 3rd variation. Wario's Natural B functions as a mouth grab. Side B functions as a motorcycle. Wario's regular variant consists of his Wario Land moveset.

Fox, Split Assault, 2nd variation. Fox's Natural B functions as Fox splitting and damaging the foe. Fox Fire, 3rd variation. Fox's Side B functions as a fire dash. Natural B functions as a fire assault.

Falco, Glider, 2nd variation. Falco's Natural B, Side B and Down B functions as glide attacks. Bird's Eye, 3rd variation. Falco's Natural B, Side B and Down B functions as a variation of clawing attacks.

Ness, Rapid Yo-Yo, 2nd variation. Ness's Side B functions as a charge-able rapid or single Yo-Yo strike. Natural B functions as a Yo-Yo pound. Teleport, 3rd variation. Ness's Side B functions as a failed teleport that travels a short length. Down B functions as a charge-able stuck in place teleport with powerful damage output.

Yoshi, Elemental, 2nd variation. Yoshi's Side B functions as a egg rush tackle, supported with electricity. Egg slinger, 3rd variation. Yoshi can throw eggs in a straight forward line. Side B functions as egg roll.

Pikachu, Iron Tail, 2nd variation. Pikachu's Natural B, Down B, Down Tilt and Forward A functions as a variation of iron tail attacks. Electroweb, 3rd variation. Pikachu's Natural B functions as Electroweb. Electroweb increases percentage damage until release.

Jigglypuff, Roller, 2nd variation. Jiggypuff's Natural B functions as a roll attack. Can be halted or switched to travel upward. Down B functions as a charge-able roller up attack. Snuggle, 3rd variation. Jigglypuff's Natural B functions as a charge move via rest. Side B functions as play rough, multi hit attack. Move can be boosted by rest.

Charizard, Grappler, 2nd variation. Charizard's Side B and Natural B functions as a grappler, slamming the foe. Can circle the foe while in lock. Dragon Claw, 3rd variation. Charizard's Natural B and Side B functions as claw attacks.

Olimar, Rock Pikmin, 2nd variation. Olimar's Rock Pikmin functions as Natural B projectile. Heavy, but greater damage output. Side B functions as Rock Pikmin charge. Pikmin String, 3rd variation. Olimar's Natural B and Side B functions as a grappler, foe grabbed pikmin string support.

Little Mac, Invisible Punch, 2nd variation. Little Mac's stage as a wait and punish. Smash attacks stuns the foe, but have great damage output. Star Fists, 3rd variation. Little Mac's jabs, Natural B and Recovery have star power.

I'm actually still deciding on a (Metallic Fists) moveset variation for Mario. If decided, I'm swopping the Hammer variation for it.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright so I was trying to write about the mechanics but I would instead just confirm which franchises I will use for playable characters (not the characters perse, yet due my simple mindset most of them would be very obvious) and I will try to end the gameplay tomorrow.
1656765641847.png
1656765683583.png
1656765740736.png
1656762637722.png
1656763091136.png
1656765816697.png
1656763439452.png
1656763490767.png
1656762604745.png
1656764344845.png
1656764783909.png
1656764979836.png
1656764590626.png

Aclarations:
  • The Yoshi series was merged with Mario.
  • I only find in good quality the Megami Tensei logo, just try to pretend that its actually Shin Megami Tensei.
    • Also ignore the Master Collection part in the Ninja Gaiden logo.
  • Some of the swepped franchises would still be in the game in the form of assists or stages.
  • A lot of this series (particulary the new ones) would only have one character.
    • Particulary, even if there are less Nintendo IPs than Third Parties, the Nintendo franchises has more characters.
    • You can more or less expect between 4 and 7 characters in the case of the big Nintendo franchises and between 3 and 5 in the case of the big Third Parties.
  • Also I really tried to have a quite more objective perspective but I failed, either way I still refuse to add more than 100 characters and include 4th Parties.

Last edited:
For my SSB Nova, I'll do stages and assists for the game:
Returning:
1. Peach's Castle 64
2. Mario Bros.
3. Princess Peach's Castle (Melee)
Under Construction

Base assists:
1. Hammer Bro
2. Bowser Jr.
3. Rosalina & Luma
4. Tatanga
5. Rambi
6. Tiki Tong
7. Ashley & Red
8. The Shake King
9. Kamek
10. Guardian
11. Tingle
12. Metroid
13. Magolor
14. Nightmare
15. Krystal
16. Professor Oak (First Pokemon Assist trophy)
17. Lyn
18. Tiki
19. Samurai Goroh
20. Swooping Snitchbug
21. Drake Redcrest
22. MC DJ Posse (Rythmm Heaven)
23. Kapp'n
24. Squid sisters/Off the Hook (They randomly spawn as AT)
25. Palutena
26. Dr. Coyle
27. Riki
28. Lucas
29. Takamaru
30. Muddy Mole
31. Nintendog/Nintencat (Randomly spawn)
32. Euden (Dragalia lost) (I managed to keep him as tribute to the game)
33. Lip (Panel De Pon)
34. Ghosts
35. Chun-Li
36. Raiden (MG)
37. Creeper
38. Dr. Wily
39. Tifa Lockhart
40. Tails

DLC Assists:
1. Jena Anderson
2. Alucard
3. Jack Frost