• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mallo from Pushmo Pushes Through the Competition!

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
MALLO

Pushing Past the Competition!

Who is Mallo?

Mallo is the cute, little, red sumo wrestling protagonist from the eShop exclusive Pushmo series.
In each game, Mallo visits Papa Blox and his park, Pushmo Park, a place Papa Blox created so children had a place to play and climb on Pushmo, structures made out of Pushmo Blocks.
Depending on the game, Pushmo Blocks can be pulled and pushed forward and backwards, rearranged, or even stretched.
While visiting Papa Blox, something unexpected always happens that causes the children (or even birds)playing on the Pushmo to trapped inside them!
It's up the Mallo to push and pull his way to the top of the Pushmos to save the children (or birds).

Games and Appearances

-Pushmo (NA), Pullblox (EU&AU), Hikuosu (JP) for the 3DS as the main character (2011)
-Crashmo (NA), Fallblox (EU&AU), Hiku Otsu (JP) for the 3DS as the main character (2012)
-Pushmo World (NA), Pullblox World (EU), Hikuosu World (JP) for the Wii U as the main character (2014)
-Super Smash Bros. for the 3DS as a trophy (2014)
-Nintendo Badge Arcade for the 3DS as various badges (2014 JP, 2015 NA and PAL)
-Stretchmo (NA), Fullblox (EU), Hikudasu Hippaland (JP) for the 3DS as one of the main characters (2015)
-Super Mario Maker for the Wii U and 3DS as a costume (2015 Wii U, 2016 3DS)

Build yourself a path to the goal by pushing and pulling the blocks of the Pushmo in the playground. This sounds like a perfect job for a little sumo wrestler! Mallo pushes and pulls all day anyway, so he should be great at this! Help him learn some new skills on his way to the goal.
-Trophy Description in Super Smash Bros for the 3DS, NA version.

Building a path for himself by pulling and pushing, Mallo slowly but surely makes his way to the top of the strange structures known as Pullblox. Since sumo is all about pulling and pushing your opponents, it's fairly appropriate that he's built like a little sumo wrestler. But he'll need brains as well as brawn to make it to the top!
-Trophy Description in Super Smash Bros for the 3DS, EU version.

Okay...but why Mallo?
-Just look at him, he's cute. ♥
-He would be unexpected. I don't know about you but I love unexpected or out-there characters.
-Other then Dr Mario (who is just Mario as a doctor), we don't have any characters who originated from a puzzle game.
-We also don't have any characters who originated from an eShop game(s).
-His games could give him a unique mechanic and/or gimmick summoning and manipulating Pushmo blocks.
-He could also incorperate sumo-esque moves, something we don't have in Smash.
-He could be a small but heavy character, a combination we don't really have yet.

What he has going against him

-He hasn't had a game in the past 3 years...
-Him and his games aren't very well known...

Overall, while I know his chance are slim, I think Mallo could be a very interesting and enduring addition to Smash. Thank you for your time.

Here is a support badge for your signature made by @vaanrose

Here is a support badge for your signature made by me
Support List
Me
Curious Villager
fogbadge

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
As a former creator of the Mallo support thread back during Smash 4 speculation days, count me in for Mallo for Smash Switch! Hopefully he gets a new game soon.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I recently checked this game out on 3DS, the first one, and I think it's a charming little puzzle game that's worth a bit more representation. Mallo as a character seems way too far, however. Lip from Panel de Pon would be more appropriate methinks. Pushmo is awesome and Mallo is adorable, but I don't think he's viable as a character. Stage? Assist Trophy? Yeah I think so.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I support Mallo for Smash! I'd even take him as an AT!
I want Mallo in Smash too. If he is not in Smash as an Assist Trophy, then I hope he is in the Pushmo stage where he is pushing and pulling blocks to make gaps and warp pipes appear and disappear.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Mallo’s awesome. I’m shocked no pushmo Switch game has been announced.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Hey guys I just recently started playing the pushmo series and I have to say after being the first game and playing the second I'd love to see Mallo join the roster.

Last edited:

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Never played it before. But I'm planning on getting Pushmo World for my Wii U. I support!

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Anyone feel like Mallo would have worked as an AT, if not playable? His sumo-skills would have worked as a way to stun opponents, if you ask me.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think Mallo would have worked great as part of a Pushmo stage. I can't see an AT that spawns not only himself, but also platforms being anything but unwieldy.

By the way, first time on this thread, and I'm a huge fan of the Pushmo games, so count me as a supporter!

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I think Mallo would have worked great as part of a Pushmo stage. I can't see an AT that spawns not only himself, but also platforms being anything but unwieldy.

By the way, first time on this thread, and I'm a huge fan of the Pushmo games, so count me as a supporter!
a pullblox stage would have been great

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
A Pullblox/Pushmo stage is another thing in the long list of "Why isn't this a thing yet?" for Smash.

Maybe one day, maybe one day...

For now, hopefully the series will get another game soon...

Top Bottom