• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making smash commentary better

Prefecture

Smash Rookie
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqXhHNZKiCI#t=12m
Way to kill the hype, Dogy.

Humor is subjective.
And to me his reaction was hilarious and I perceived it as a well performed joke(The spirit of things kept me hyped).
It also caused me to prepare for the next match because Dogy left an impression on me that Hax has much greater feats under his belts and I may get to see them the next match.

D1 maintaining his hype also contributed to the humor and Dogy's reactions to a lot of things make me feel as if he is balancing the environment out.
There are obviously some viewers that are also thinking "...All the OMG Screaming is unnecessary.. it's just an (insert combo performed at past events)" and having everyone in the venue share a hive-like mindset just causes them to mute your streams.(As does too much negativity)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPjqbcSM56Q#t=18m39s
Seriously? I've watch that uthrow to dunk like 3-4 times now, and it looks legit to me. Maybe Mango didn't DI it right, but Dogy just comes in to invalidate the win for no reason.

I did not see this as the win being 'magically' invalidated, but more of a "HAHA Did you see that? (Etc) just came in and (etc.) just let it happen, but that was definitely a good match"

It was his form of a joke. You should honestly familiarize yourself with human differences or simply admit that you do not take well to those sort of 'jokes'.

Instead of offering a fair-ground by saying "I may have taken this the wrong way" you would rather claim that the other person had malicious intentions.

This seems to occur repeatedly in the posts that accuse Dogy of erroneous commentary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGqqz-LImrk

Seriously, listen to him.

Garbage commentary like his doesn't belong on the stream.

Everything that Dogy says in a negative light about other smashers and specifically 'shroomed' is a joke in good spirits(given it holds some truth on his feelings about the situation, but only stated for added laughs).

You should take your own advice and actually listen to his words before you judge his character. The negativity in them does not match Dogy's personality at all. You would have to be quite conceited to believe someone that has been around for smash 'this' long would ruthlessly rag on another player for no good reason.
And then even go beyond that to label them... I hope this board has an ignore function.

Albeit, dogy should clarify his statements to prevent further misunderstandings.
Or, completely rid himself of such a habit with the hopes to demonstrate proper commentary.
(This would be for the best since because the same vocal minority seems to create an uproar within the community over trivial issues.)

The possibility of having two Wobbles in the future would be absolutely wonderful.

Riio

Smash Cadet
Wobbles knows his ****, but he also comes off as adoring himself. Watch some of his Big House 2 vids, in most of them he's either insulting Vro or talking over MattDotZeb. His interview with Hbox is okay, but then he can't stop himself from cutting Mango off over and over.

It might just be nervousness rather than ego, but the dude needs to put in some work if he wants to get into that top tier.
Wobbles is pretty good but I have to cosign this post. Sometimes he just gives off a "talking to himself" vibe.

Massive

Smash Champion
Maybe we should have community selected commentators for EVO, since they'll be representing all of us to the rest of the FGC at large.

If someone actually wants to be a commentator on a national stage, they could submit a few instances of their work and we could add them to a list that we as a community would vote on; 2-4 main commentators and a few backups, all people who have confirmed going to EVO, of course.

This way we get people who not only want to commentate on a national scale, but also have the approval of the majority of the people who would be watching. It might also give people who might be good at commentating but don't have much exposure an opportunity to do so on a grand scale.

Top Bottom