• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making My Own Jigglypuff Tech Trials

AKIR4

Smash Rookie
NNID
aKiR4
I'm still relatively new, but I've noticed other characters, such as sheik, have these tech trial videos/guides that go over how and why to perform some of the more important things to know when going to a tournament. I've noticed Puff seems to have very lack luster guides, which makes me sad.

And now my reason for this post, I played Starcraft 2 for a couple years and always would type out guides for myself to use and help me develop. I'm currently attempting to make a text-based Puff tech trial guide, for me any other players. It's very young in the works and I've been researching and have been taking a lot of inspiration from other people's work, and posts. I'm trying to split it up into beginner, intermediate, advanced. Maybe put times on each tech, and how to's, so this could also be a practice routine.

What I have isn't anything special (not even finished), but I would like to see if anyone would like to add to this or correct. I want the tech trial list to grow and become a great tool for learning and optimizing someone's puff.

Jigglypuff Tech Trial

“*” means need more research, because percent based tech. Percents will be listed when discovered for the guide.

Beginner:
- 5 B-Airs in row a without landing
- Up-throw > Rest (On Spacies) [*]
- L-Canceling (Heavy focus on D-Air)
- Wave-dashing (Practice applications, eg. wave-dashing onto edge)
- Rising Pound (Under Final Destination, one side to the other)
- Wave-dash/Up-Smash out of shield (OoS)
- JC Grabs
- Ledge-hop > Sing > Re-grab
- Auto-cancel B-Air/N-air
- Up-Tilt > Rest [*]

Intermediate:
- Wave-landing (Practice applications, eg. wave-landing on platform into grab)
- Rollout to ledge sweet spot
- Ledge drop > double jump > aerial > regard ledge
- Sing drop > ledge grab
- Auto-cancel N-Air/B-Air > Rest
- Jab reset > F-Smash |or| short hop > rest [*]
- Up-Throw > U-Air platform tech trap > rest [*]
- Up-Throw > U-Air > U-Air > Rest (After the first U-Air the rest of them are situational or option-able) [*]
- D-Air > Up-Smash/Grab
- U-Air > Up-Tilt > Rest [*]
- work in progress
- work in progress
- work in progress
- work in progress

Advanced:
- work in progress
- work in progress
- work in progress
- work in progress
- work in progress
- work in progress

I know it isn't much, but together the puff community can come together and try to make something for us all to use. Feel free to copy-paste this and add and tweak what you see fit, even the formatting, and repost here. I want this to become almost open-source.

Bad idea? Let me know if this is.

Last edited:

Mim0

Smash Rookie
Sounds like a great idea and a worthwhile project. Puff boards have been a little dead for a while so maybe this will incentivise people to start posting again and revive this section of the forums.

AKIR4

Smash Rookie
NNID
aKiR4
Sounds like a great idea and a worthwhile project. Puff boards have been a little dead for a while so maybe this will incentivise people to start posting again and revive this section of the forums.
I have been working on it more, but I just had surgery, so once I recover I'll be able to get some actual progress. My plan is to talk to the better Puffs out there and get some advice from them. There is one really good puff who is 4 on my state's PR.

I mainly posted it here, early, hoping other people will hop in.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I have a few suggestions:

- Edge cancel all aerials on every platform of every legal stage.
- Reverse bair on every mid air jump.
- Wall tech the hotboxes on her target test. (during sing, pound, etc)
- Run off and waveland back and forth on randall.
- invincible ledge dash > invincible up smash, rest, dash attack, grab and jab.

Comet7

Smash Lord
NNID
Comet7
pc drop, shield drops, and pivots, even though they wouldn't be very useful for puff (i think). maybe an array of edge cancels?

Last edited:

Cloud Strife101

Smash Rookie
hey just saying you should read my jigglypuff guide the newest version of it
i have put alot of effort into it and would appreciate if you read it

Top Bottom