• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making Mario Kart and Mario Party More like Smash

Would you want party games like Mario Kart and Mario Party to include all Nintendo's franchises?

• Total voters

loonieboy

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3024-8143-1971
Mario Kart 8 have received :4link: & :4villager:character DLC . Each with their own Tracks. Also F-Zero's Mute City track and :4falcon:'s Blue Falcon.

I would like to see Mario Kart become the Racing Smash. It would be good to see all Nintendo characters in another game besides only Smash.This will also go well with the Mario Party Series.

Heres a few ideas and concepts that may capture many gamers attentions:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Playable Racers MK and Tracks:
:4lucas::4ness: : Onett Streets or New Pork Circuit
Porky Can appear as a stage hazard , trampling over parts of the track.
:4pikachu:: Tour de Kanto or Cycling Road
A 3 Section race that takes you through most of Kanto's Landmarks. Hazards include wild Tauros, Digletts in Diglett Cave , etc.
:4kirby::4dedede:: Dream Land or Gourmet Valley
Coins can be replaced by food, track inspired my the Gourmet Race.
:4fox:: Corneria Speedway
A race in the middle of a battle. The destruction changes the race track. Inspired by the "Enter StarFox" Mission.
:4samus:: Brinstar Depths
A race around over the lava pits. Kraid appears on Lap 2 destroying most of the track.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are just ideas I hope Nintendo will actually make reality. Who knows....they may already plan to incorporate all the characters in more games than just Smash.

(These ideas are pretty cool though in my opinion)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
While of course it should be primarily Mario-related, of course I wouldn't mind more of the cast joining in.

---

: Final Destination
A perfectly round track that requires seven laps to complete instead of three, like Baby Park did. Speeds can get ridiculous.

:4gaw::popo:: Climber
The track in general slopes downward and is divided into sections like the other mountain courses, and it breaks off into floating platforms frequently. Blockmen will create wider areas of road, but not if you crash into them before they can...

I would pay ludicrous amounts of money to be able to play as Samus in Mario Kart, especially if she was in a tiny kart version of her ship.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
If I was the Mario Kart director I would put in:

All the veterans in the series
All the Kongs
Kremlings
Kirby crew
Warioware crew
F-Zero crew
Zelda
SMRPG/PM/M&L partners and enemies
8-Bits

So much wasted potential with Mario Kart that isn't being used here.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I feel guests in MK should be like 3rd parties in Brawl and base game 3DS/Wii U - kept in limited quantities so the focus is kept on Mario and the gang. Characters like Tatanga, Ashley, K. Rool, and Vivian should be in MK long before Samus, Ness or Captain Falcon. Hell, some Mario mainstays aren't even in Kart yet - Goomba, Boom Boom and Nabbit for example.

If they were to make a Smash Kart, I'd want it to be a spin off with its' own unique style, not a replacement for Mario Kart. Make it a more technical, competitive-focused kart racer or something, like CTR.

Last edited:

MarioDDR755

Smash Apprentice
It's been sooo long since MK8 came out, I'm thinking we're due for MK9 eventually...

I liked that they added some non-Mario stuff in MK8 DLC, and there's certainly room for more of that... I think they'll keep with the Mario Kart branding but continue to make a certain percentage of the game non-Mario IPs like AC, Zelda, Splatoon, and some others. Maybe Cpt Falcon, maybe Fox? Maybe ARMS!?

There's also a lot of Mario characters they could add too, obscure and otherwise. Pauline surely is one.
If Mario Kart should have “everyone is here!” Then first we should include all the characters that have been removed from Mario Kart before
R.O.B.! :ultrob:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
i think guest characters are fine but it should still stay "mario" and should NOT go third Party
here an idea
It would still be Mario Kart (but with some Cameos)

Drivers: Stuff in () is purely Cosmetic

Mario (good Guys):
Mario (has a lot of Costumes)
Luigi (has alot of Costumes)
Peach (has alot of Costumes)
Daisy (biker and dress)
Rosalina (biker, Dress)
Child Rosalina (white dress and red hair like in the SMG flashbacks)
Toad (colors)
Toadette

Mario(bad guys):
Bowser
Dry Bowser
King Buu
Petey pirahna
Bowser Jr (Koopalings)
Koopa (Green,Red Para/not Para)
Gumba (normal,Galumba)

DK:
DK
Diddy
dixie
Cranky
K.Rool (Kaptain+ Dr included)

Yoshi:
Yoshi (has a lot of Colors)
Kamek
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach

Wario:
Wario (biker and Classic)
Waluigi
Captain Syrup
Pirate Goom trio (have wandering alt)
Mona
Jimmy T (+ all of his Brothers)
Ashley

Mario Rpgs:
Geno
Mallow
Paper Mario (you can choose between Tippi,Sticker Crown, Bucket, and Origami [Sorry i only know their german Names also the new games are meh])
Gumbario
Kooper/Koops
Vivean
Count Bleck
Fawful
Shroob (5 Costumes

Other:
Toon-Link (green, red, blue, Purple + Dark)
Toon-Zelda/Tetra
Pig Ganon (cartoony)
Kirby (with Ability hats + meta knight mask)
Dedede
Pokemon Trainer Red (lets Go / 1st gen has diffrent Pokemon as alts)
Pikachu
Inkling (boy + Girl)
Villager (boy+ Girl)
Samus
Olimar

Tracks:
is abridged
Rogue Port
Comet Observatory
Sahasrala land
Mario Land
Warios Castle
Diamond City
Dk jungle
K Rool Ship
Yoshis island (based on Yoshi Games)
Starhill
Bean bean kingdom
Hyrule exploration (Long track With segments)
Ganons Tower
Pop Star (Long track With segments)
Safron City
Zebes
Planet (pikmin)
and probably a lot of cool old ones

Do you want more ask for it :) !

-Dimentio-

Smash Rookie
i think guest characters are fine but it should still stay "mario" and should NOT go third Party
here an idea

Mario (good Guys):
Daisy (biker and dress)
Rosalina (biker, Dress)
Toad (colors)
Toadette

Mario(bad guys):
Bowser
Dry Bowser
King Buu
Petey pirahna
Bowser Jr (Koopalings)
Gumba (normal,Galumba)

DK:
DK
Diddy
dixie
Cranky

Yoshi:
Kamek
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach

Wario:
Waluigi
Captain Syrup
Mona
Ashley

Mario Rpgs:
Geno
Mallow
Paper Mario (you can choose between Tippi,Sticker Crown, Bucket, and Origami [Sorry i only know their german Names also the new games are meh])
Gumbario
Kooper/Koops
Vivean
Count Bleck
Fawful
Shroob (5 Costumes

Other:
Toon-Zelda/Tetra
Pig Ganon (cartoony)
Kirby (with Ability hats + meta knight mask)
Dedede
Pokemon Trainer Red (lets Go / 1st gen has diffrent Pokemon as alts)
Pikachu
Inkling (boy + Girl)
Villager (boy+ Girl)
Samus
Olimar

Tracks:
is abridged
Rogue Port
Comet Observatory
Sahasrala land
Mario Land
Warios Castle
Diamond City
Dk jungle
K Rool Ship
Starhill
Bean bean kingdom
Ganons Tower
Safron City
Zebes
Planet (pikmin)

Guest characters are perfectly fine, of course, with a hard limit. It's not gonna turn into Smash with just 5 characters for example, assuming the roster is like 50 characters big.

11 guests take up 20% of a 53 character roster, which I think is too many.
But I also think guests should make sense. Zelda and F-Zero have connections to Mario in some way, and Pikmin, somewhat, since Miyamoto is also its "dad". Splatoon debatably is fine with the mindset that it was originally gonna be a Mario game. Animal Crossing and Kirby's in a weird spot. Metroid, and especially Pokemon are weird choices.

And honestly I think that the Koopalings should stay out of MK if they're gonna be grouped with Jr. It made sense in Smash, but in Mario, it's invalidating them into nothing more than just Jr clones (despite them coming first) when they're supposed to be their own characters. It makes more sense to group characters who're actually the same as their counterpart (or look exactly like them), like PGP, Metal/Gold Mario, babies, Dry Bowser/Bones, and Child Rosalina.

This isn't meant to sound mean (I'm bad with words), just my personal opinion.
In the end, it's your dream roster. That's perfectly okay.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Guest characters are perfectly fine, of course, with a hard limit. It's not gonna turn into Smash with just 5 characters for example, assuming the roster is like 50 characters big.

11 guests take up 20% of a 53 character roster, which I think is too many.
But I also think guests should make sense. Zelda and F-Zero have connections to Mario in some way, and Pikmin, somewhat, since Miyamoto is also its "dad". Splatoon debatably is fine with the mindset that it was originally gonna be a Mario game. Animal Crossing and Kirby's in a weird spot. Metroid, and especially Pokemon are weird choices.

And honestly I think that the Koopalings should stay out of MK if they're gonna be grouped with Jr. It made sense in Smash, but in Mario, it's invalidating them into nothing more than just Jr clones (despite them coming first) when they're supposed to be their own characters. It makes more sense to group characters who're actually the same as their counterpart (or look exactly like them), like PGP, Metal/Gold Mario, babies, Dry Bowser/Bones, and Child Rosalina.

This isn't meant to sound mean (I'm bad with words), just my personal opinion.
In the end, it's your dream roster. That's perfectly okay.
1st. its still better than making Mario kart smash Kart but i can technicly add some other character just say some

2nd. i actually did forget Falcon but im pretty sure the blue falcon would be in regardless
Kirby is a hella big franchise so is pokemon i know they are second party but this didnt stop Kirby from getting a Suit
i do agree with pokemon tho theyre pretty stingy metroid in my opinin does make sense

3rd. everyone hated the koopalings as their own characters, but i still think they should be in some way!
It doesnt make sense grouping characters with diffrent Weight classes Together! Babies are far lighter than adults,
i didnt include metal (i mean they could be costumes but i digresss), Dry bones is a "diffrent" enemy type unlike Para who can become a Koopa and again hes lighter and child rosalina looks completly diffrent and would have a diffrent emblem and aniomations because she isnt connected to Stars at that point!

so here the changes i did make:

Mario (good Guys):
Robot Mario (arcade Gp)
Daisy (biker and dress)
Rosalina (biker, Dress)
Pauline
Toad (colors)
Captain Toad
Toadette

Mario(bad guys):
Bowser
Dry Bowser
King Buu
Petey pirahna
Bowser Jr (Koopalings)
Gumba (normal,Galumba)
Pirahna plant

DK:
DK
Dk Jr (normal+ 8-bit)
Diddy
dixie
Cranky

Yoshi:
Kamek
Raven
Naval Pirahna (his german Name is Audrey)
Baby Mario
Baby Luigi
Baby Peach

Wario:
Waluigi
Captain Syrup
Rudy the Clown
Mona
Ashley

Mario Rpgs:
Geno
Mallow
Gumbario
Kooper/Koops
Vivean
Count Bleck
Fawful
Shroob (5 Costumes)
Dark bowser

Other:
Toon-Zelda/Tetra
Pig Ganon (cartoony)
Kirby (with Ability hats+ Meta knights mask)
Dedede
Waddle Dee (normal + Bandana)
Fox
Inkling (boy + Girl)
Villager (boy+ Girl)
Samus
Olimar
Captain Falcon

Tracks:
is abridged
Rogue Port
Castle Black
Comet Observatory
Sahasrala land
Mario Land
Warios Castle
Diamond City
Dk jungle
K Rool Ship
Starhill
Bean bean kingdom
Ganons Tower
Safron City
Zebes
Planet (pikmin)

So tere are some updates i only changed the stuff i agreed with so dont worry

-Dimentio-

Smash Rookie
its still better than making Mario kart smash Kart but i can technicly add some other character just say some
It's still better, but it doesn't mean it's a GOOD thing.

Meh, I'd really rather just share my own roster. But here's some recommendations.
  1. Dimentio. Mimi would be cool too, but Dimentio.
  2. E. Gadd. Why was Robot Mario, his invention, prioritized over him?
  3. Hellen Gravely
  4. Tiny Kong
  5. Young Cricket

Kirby is a hella big franchise so is pokemon i know they are second party but this didnt stop Kirby from getting a Suit
i do agree with pokemon tho theyre pretty stingy metroid in my opinin does make sense
It shouldn't matter whether a franchise is big or stingy. It feels incredibly weird to have Byleth in Mario Kart instead of someone logical like Falcon. A bunch of Smash characters got suits in Mario Kart. Including Megaman. If anything, Sonic is a better fit because him and Mario has a history together. He's just not a Nintendo character.

I also realized we have different meanings on who fits.

I could also explain each of the series and why I think they make sense, but that's a whole paragraph.
TL;DR,
  • Kirby makes more sense than Metroid and Pokemon. And I love all three of those games. At least Peach and Mario showed up in a Kirby game, and Pokemon had Mario as a game character. The best Metroid has is using some of Wario Land's assets. To play devil's advocate, you could bring up Mario RPG.
  • I think Miyamoto's characters make sense solely because it's his own weird world and he can do whatever he wants with it. Zelda and DK making the most sense in MK out of any of his other franchises.

everyone hated the koopalings as their own characters, but i still think they should be in some way!
A lot of vocal people doesn't mean everyone though. There were also a lot of vocal people who loved their inclusion and how they were unique. It's just that the hate is louder.
It's just like how not everyone hates the babies. I like the babies, but I do think that real characters should be prioritized. Doesn't mean I'll get offended when they are in, because I understand that development time is an issue.

Basically, they only got hate because 8's roster was incredibly weird. There's absolutely no reason for Diddy's absence, Kamek and E.Gadd keep getting cut for God knows why, Funky was removed, and I hate Birdo, but people do love her so she should get in.

If 8's roster was God-tier and had a bigger roster, nobody would care too much, if at all.

It doesnt make sense grouping characters with diffrent Weight classes Together! Babies are far lighter than adults,
The Koopalings and Jimmy T's family are all different weights.

Dry bones is a "diffrent" enemy type unlike Para who can become a Koopa and again hes lighter
Dry Bowser is also way different despite being literally Bowser. They're zombies.
And again, the Koopalings are also different and visually unique, and have varying weights, from Lemmy being the lightest, to Morton being the heaviest.
Jimmy T's family are also different, and would be varied from Medium to Heavy.

child rosalina looks completly diffrent and would have a diffrent emblem and aniomations because she isnt connected to Stars at that point!
  1. They only have a few minor visual differences, unlike Dry Bowser, who could practically be called a redesign.
  2. The koopalings/Jimmy T's family actually look completely different, and have different emblems and animations.
  3. Mario has a lot of costumes, I assume most are from Tour. Each of which have different animations, unless you're gonna just give him the exact same animations as his iconic outfit. A better question would be, assuming Tanooki Mario is a costume, are his unique animations removed too?
I've played Galaxy, literally my favorite game next to Majora's Mask. Rosalina is one of my all-time favorite Mario characters. And I absolutely ADORED her storybook. They're literally the same character...

Agree to disagree. All I'm really saying is that it makes no sense if the same exact character should be separate while characters that are visually different, have their own "personalities", and are overall unique from each-other are bundled. Dry Bowser/Bones are visually different, but are the same characters as their lively versions, just dead, so they should be grouped. If anything, it's more fair for them to be separate than Rosalina.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
personally while a nintendo kart would be cool I would like for them to add some more obscure Mario characters first
Mario Kart 9.png

I think this is a good compromise for now

however one idea I had is to take the Mario Sports games (I don't mean stuff like Mario Tennis, but the games with Mario Sports in the title like Mario Sports Mix and Mario Sports Superstars) combining it with Wii Sports and making it Nintendo Sports with a bunch of Nintendo characters playable

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Pretty strange how we have Isabelle in MK but not Kamek. Ever think about that? Like, he seems so obvious I honestly forget sometimes that he's not playable yet.
Anyways, here's who I want next MK, non-Mario-wise:
Sonic (since he was planned for Double Dash, and if he goes to the Olympics with Mario every other year, only makes sense for them to go-kart together)
Captain Falcon (the next best thing to a new F-Zero game)
Kirby (He fits right into the Mario-verse, honestly)
Also, this will sound weird, but...Dante. Reason being, remember how weird it was to have Snake as the first 3rd party character in Smash history? This gritty character being introduced to a kids' series-not to mention, a character that is hardly in the levels of popularity of Sonic or Pac-Man? That's what I'm envisioning here. 3rd party is announced and everyone's hype, freaking DANTE shows up as the first one blowing everyone's minds, and then Sonic shows up a few months later and everything's all cool. So yeah. Not gonna happen but it would be funny.
That's it.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Pretty strange how we have Isabelle in MK but not Kamek. Ever think about that? Like, he seems so obvious I honestly forget sometimes that he's not playable yet.
Anyways, here's who I want next MK, non-Mario-wise:
Sonic (since he was planned for Double Dash, and if he goes to the Olympics with Mario every other year, only makes sense for them to go-kart together)
Captain Falcon (the next best thing to a new F-Zero game)
Kirby (He fits right into the Mario-verse, honestly)
Also, this will sound weird, but...Dante. Reason being, remember how weird it was to have Snake as the first 3rd party character in Smash history? This gritty character being introduced to a kids' series-not to mention, a character that is hardly in the levels of popularity of Sonic or Pac-Man? That's what I'm envisioning here. 3rd party is announced and everyone's hype, freaking DANTE shows up as the first one blowing everyone's minds, and then Sonic shows up a few months later and everything's all cool. So yeah. Not gonna happen but it would be funny.
That's it.
I don't think we should be involving 3rd parties, only exception could be the namco character in the Arcade GP games but I think we should at least stick to nintendo

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don't think we should be involving 3rd parties, only exception could be the namco character in the Arcade GP games but I think we should at least stick to nintendo
If Sonic was considered for MKDD I don't see why I can't speculate his inclusion.
Plus the title says "making Mario Kart and Mario Party more like Smash", a series that has third parties.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
If Sonic was considered for MKDD I don't see why I can't speculate his inclusion.
Plus the title says "making Mario Kart and Mario Party more like Smash", a series that has third parties.
I guess so, I just don't think adding non nintendo characters is a good idea

unless it were to be a crossover between Mario Kart and the Sonic Racing games...

toonito

Smash Ace
my thoughts on "nintendo kart"
I don't mind MK getting more guests but IMO should be very limited. I personally dont wanna see say Marth or Min Min in Mario Kart.

Below are the only guest characters I'd want in Mario Kart:

:ultfalcon: (no brainer)
:ultdiddy:(veteran)
:ultfox: (landmaster as a kart)
:ultkirby:
:ultrob: (veteran)
:ultsamus: (uses her gunship as a kart)
:ulttoonlink: (swap for Adult Link I think Toon fits Mario Kart's aesthetic more than adult Link)
:ultsonic:
:ultmegaman: (uses Rush as a kart)
:ultpacman:
Mach Rider

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I guess so, I just don't think adding non nintendo characters is a good idea

unless it were to be a crossover between Mario Kart and the Sonic Racing games...
Yeah thats true not every Nintendo franchise needs third Partys and i personaly think even Smash has a bit too much of them

/and of course a lack of BWD or impa)

BIG D Was Taken

Smash Apprentice
Slippi.gg
BIGD#791
i think that there shouldn't be that many third party characters but yeah a smash edition of mario kart sounds really cool

Top Bottom