• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making Armada jealous with a creamy Peach

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Hi! I've seen you post these sorts of videos on all the character forums. I'm a peach main so I'll only respond to this one.

If you like melee, I'd encourage you to try out competitive play. IDK how much you know about competitive melee, but you mention armada in the title here so I assume you know at least the absolute basics of competitive play.

Rollback just came out, which allows you to play many many people online with a very solid connection. Try it out! It's super simple to set up and a lot of fun. Don't be discouraged if you don't do too well at first- many people have been playing seriously for years and years.

Also I notice you're playing on a flat screen/LCD in these videos. Melee was made to be played on a CRT, one of those old bulky TVs. Playing melee on a CRT feels significantly different than playing on a flat screen, since the flat screen has noticeable input lag. I'd encourage you to try to find a CRT if you can.

If you're interested in learning the basics of competitive play, I encourage you to seriously give it a try. Right now there's tons of people to play online and discords set up specifically so people new to the competitive aspect of the game can find and play each other.

Good luck on your smash journey!

Top Bottom