• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making a character's Up-B grab ledge immediately?

AAAAAA

Smash Cadet
I know that kirby and fox can grab at certain times in their up b, but i was wondering if i could make this instant for other characters.

UnclePunch

Smash Ace
I know that kirby and fox can grab at certain times in their up b, but i was wondering if i could make this instant for other characters.
The reason they can do it is because:

a) Their collision function for that move allows them to grab to ledge
b) The game has a global law that you can ONLY grab ledge if you are moving downwards.

Fox and Falco can grab mid UpB because their function makes their ledge grab box become active, and they move a fraction of a meleeMeter down mid UpB. Same goes for Kirby I would imagine.

Luckily @rmn made a code to get around B.

https://smashboards.com/threads/reverse-ledge-grab-ascending-snap-based-on-action-state.447846/

I believe you'll still need to have their collision function correspond to one that can grab ledge. Try giving them Fox/Falco's collision function from the start of their UpB.

Top Bottom