• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Own Strap Loader Screen!

regiwolfe

Smash Rookie

DOWNLOAD THE .PSD FILE HERE!

What is this?
This is a photoshop file that that has each component of the strap loader screen separated into layers; the logo, disclaimer text, borders, hexagonal pattern, and background. The hexagonal background is transparent, so you can add your own image into the background! I've wanted to have a strap screen with a custom background for a long time, but I couldn't find any easy ways to add a background without making the logo transparent in the process. So, I decided I'd just take the background tile used in the Smashboards PM theme, stick the PM logo on it, add lighting effects, etc. and recreate the strap screen from scratch with separated layers.
How do I use it?
It's super easy! All you need is Photoshop, the .psd file above, and a picture you want to use as your background.
  1. In Photoshop, open the .psd file you downloaded, as well as the picture you want to use as your background.
  2. Go to the image you want as your background, and copy the entire picture. (Click Select > All, then Edit > Copy.)
  3. Now switch to the .psd file, and select the bottom layer in the Layers panel. (The layer that says "Place your background here!")
  4. Click Edit > Paste, or press Ctrl+V.
  5. Choose the Move tool (hotkey V by default) and resize/reposition the background to your liking.
And that's it. Just click File > Save as..., and save it as a .png, ready to be injected into your custom build.

If you don't like how the hexagons look, you can change the layer's opacity by selecting the "Hexagons" layer and changing the opacity value near the top of the Layers panel. Also feel free to mess with the layer effects by double-clicking the "Hexagons" layer.

How do I put this in my PM build?
This is also super easy! All you need is Brawlbox and the .png image you just made.
  1. In Brawlbox, open StrapEn.pac under projectm > pf > menu > strap.
  2. Expand ModelData(0), and Textures(NW4R).
  3. Right-click on MenBoot03, and click Replace.
  4. Choose the .png file you made, and voila!
Samples
Feel free to use these if you want. These are just images I made real quick to test how the colors would look, and they're included in the .psd file just because.

Why yes, I do like space. And Captain Falcon.

If you don't want to make your own and want to have someone make one for you, head over to Sour Supreme Sour Supreme thread. His method works just as well, and he takes requests.

Enjoy! If there's that's confusing or that I didn't explain, let me know.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Super neat. Thanks for shouting out my thread, hopefully this will help some of the requests that I can't fill right away and need to have Loaders finished quickly.

regiwolfe

Smash Rookie
Yeah, I felt a little guilty since I am kind of taking business away from you... but I'm glad you approve.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Yeah, I felt a little guilty since I am kind of taking business away from you... but I'm glad you approve.
Strap Loaders are just my hobby, one I haven't been able to enjoy as much recently.

I don't see it as stealing business. It isn't like you're filling requests meant for me.

Top Bottom