• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Own SSB4 Roster Image (lots of images)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Link to original post: [drupal=4972]Make Your Own SSB4 Roster Image (lots of images)[/drupal]

NEW: Jakor "the Bringer of Dreams" has created a program to make the creation of rosters much, much easier! Click here to visit his blog and download it now!

There's a problem in the SSB4 Wii U thread. People like making rosters in the form of LISTS. This is SMASH BROS. The magic of Smash is SEEING all these characters together. If I wanted to READ about them together, I'm sure there are plenty of fan fictions out there for that nonsense. So, I was thinking it would be neat if there was a FLASH thing with a big pool of character icons and you'd just drag them around and create your own roster image. BUT YOU WON'T FIND THAT HERE! Unfortunately, I have to work within the confines of MS Paint and BBCodes, but I'm going to make this happen as well as I can. So, how 'bout some examples:

Smash 64 Roster

Melee Roster

Brawl Roster

Well ain't that something? You see, each icon is its own image, and they line up when pasted next to each other. Now, to be clear, I really meant MAKE YOUR OWN roster. It takes a bit of DOIN', but it's not really hard, just tedious. Take a bit of time to plan your roster out first, and then get to work. Once you're done, you may as well pretty it up by collapsing and centering it, keep your post bookmarked for easy access, and then paste it wherever you want. I am very sorry about that, but it's the only way I could think to MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Another thing I'm sorry about is how ugly it looks. All I have to work with is MS Paint, so these icons don't look the best. I literally just downloaded GIMP and learned how to add transparency to these things to make them look SLIGHTLY nicer. If someone else would like to add their own BETTER LOOKING icons here, by all means PLEASE do so. I just ask that they are... composed in a way that makes them easily line up with one another. It is a bit of a TASK to get these things all saved separately like this too, so it may not be something you just want to dive into.

Now, I don't think I need to write a tutorial for how to create these, but if I do, please say so. Basically just paste the URL's without spaces one after the other until you feel like creating a new row. To do that, just press enter, and paste away once more.

By the way, here is the Photobucket album I'm using for these things: http://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/t512/SmashRosterMaker/?start=all
The password is: 5ervice I was thinking using a password would help keep the BANDWIDTH USAGE down, but if it's really a hassle then just let me know and I'll make the album public.

I hope that makes copying and pasting the URL's that much easier, since they come with IMG tags already around them, and you don't have to right click to copy them to your clipboard.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I think what people really want to see are some NEW characters. I'll be updating this periodically. Feel free to request characters, BUT please make sure I don't already have them in my queue. I have over 100 of these already made, but I don't have them all saved and edited and what have you. Still, I'm sure I've missed a few (especially if they're third-party characters. Gross). Try to make your suggestions SOMEWHAT reasonable. I know we all have weird or obscure characters we'd love to see (Sukapon~), but if you suggest something like anime characters, then I just plain won't get to it.

BUT THAT'S OKAY. Because you can make it yourself if you wish:

Just re-size a character's image to fit, use those letters as examples for ones that fit in such a small space (or copy and paste them if you really want to), and you're all set. Post them here and I'll add them to the pool. I mean, you made the effort after all. It's only the nice thing to do.

AS A REMINDER, you can totally just take these into MS Paint yourself and make an image that way.

OKAY, here's the pool. You may see some characters more than once since there are different ways for them to be present on the select screen:
[collapse=Character Pool]
VETERANS

NEWCOMERS

[/collapse]
[collapse=Character Queue]PLEASE MAKE YOUR REQUEST![/collapse]

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Why not, I'll reserve a post here as well.

This, is a Service.

Oh, and you know what? I would like to encourage you to post your rosters here. Please, use this as your testing ground while trying to create your roster. I hope that makes things easier. Don't want to embarrass yourself out in a REAL THREAD or something.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Can I request 2? Slime and Prince of sable. If i can only request 1 then i request prince sable.

:phone:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I hadn't actually made one for Sable yet, so I went ahead and got that out of the way. I'll get Slime up with tonight's batch.

Request as many as you like! One can't make a roster for themselves unless they have all the characters they need!

Oh, and if you have a preferred artwork of a certain character, go ahead and link me to it. Like, one might prefer Ike's Radiant Dawn look. Though, let's not go overboard with having 200 Marios up there.

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
Cool, btw, is it possible to have newcomers and the 5 from melee with the blue brawl backgrounds? you don't have to do it if you don't want, I'm just asking if its possible.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Wow awesome you already got Paper Mario up! Then only one I'd like after him and Geno would be Ghirahim please, that'd be pretty cool. :D

Edit: Oh wait, he's on the queue, my apologies. I'll try to think of others.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa, King K.Rool, Dixie and Mewtwo. That's all I like to request.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I hadn't actually made one for Sable yet, so I went ahead and got that out of the way. I'll get Slime up with tonight's batch.

Request as many as you like! One can't make a roster for themselves unless they have all the characters they need!

Oh, and if you have a preferred artwork of a certain character, go ahead and link me to it. Like, one might prefer Ike's Radiant Dawn look. Though, let's not go overboard with having 200 Marios up there.
Well, if possible, then for Muddy Mole (I know he's in the queue), possibly THIS artwork could do?

Pichu Fan

Smash Journeyman
I noticed there is no snake in the character pool. Also, can I request a chrome-liz tag team image?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Icons added for the day:

Whoops, I forgot Snake when adding veterans. :I

I'll go ahead and make Banjo-Kazooie now too.

Chome & Liz might be a little hard since there probably isn't a whole lot of ART of them out right now. >:

By the way, here is the Photobucket album I'm using for these things: http://s1063.photobucket.com/albums/t512/SmashRosterMaker/?start=all
The password is: 5ervice I was thinking using a password would help keep the BANDWIDTH USAGE down, but if it's really a hassle then just let me know and I'll make the album public.

I hope that makes copying and pasting the URL's that much easier, since they come with IMG tags already around them, and you don't have to right click to copy them to your clipboard.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My request is Gill Grunt from Skylanders and Juliet from Lollipop Chainsaw

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
For the character queue, could I suggest Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario, Michaiah, Resetti & Petey Piranha?

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh, I actually did make a Slime & Chocobo one really early on, I just didn't expect anyone to ask for it, lol.

But yeah, I'll get that one up too.

I may not add as many tonight, and I may not have much time to update during the week due to SCHOOL, but I'll continue next weekend for sure.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'd like Caeda, Skull Kid, "Hunting Dog" called Duck Hunt Dog, Vaati, Hercross, Hoenn PKMN TRainer with Blaziken, Grovyle, and Mudkip, A Phantom/Tetra Trans, Andy, Fawful, Lyn, and the Little Box Guy from the AR games( I reccomend the name AR Man). Please don't feel rushed.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
You might have to find me an image of that AR Man.

That's the one, right?

How would you like me to... COMPOSE the image for the Hoenn Trainer? And would it be Brendan or May? And what would their name be? Just "Hoenn Trainer?"

I like this composition, myself:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oasis, can you put up a Shorts icon? I know I'm not likely, but hey, everyone else is asking for bull****, so I might as well!

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
You might have to find me an image of that AR Man.

That's the one, right?

How would you like me to... COMPOSE the image for the Hoenn Trainer? And would it be Brendan or May? And what would their name be? Just "Hoenn Trainer?"

I like this composition, myself:
That AR Man pic works. May for the Trainer please. Actually, do whatever you like. You're doing us a favor. Also, can you do an alternate Ray with Ray 01 instead of MK III?
EDIT: I also forgot to ask for Pac-man.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Icons added for today:

Sorry Zzuxon, but I skipped out on doing the Hoenn Trainer for the time being. I'll get it eventually. I actually snapped my own picture of the AR Man, and I'm glad I did because before I hadn't messed much with that feature. Pretty neat, lol.

Oh, whoops. Just now saw your edit. I'll try to get those two real quick before I fall asleep.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I got up early today, SO BEFORE I WENT TO SCHOOL, I thought I'd get these (mostly dumb) icons out of the way:

Updated the QUEUE with a few additions I've seen on some rosters/wishlists before. DON'T WANT TO LEAVE ANYONE BEHIND.

STRONGEST SERVICE IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Birdo may or may not be worth adding as well.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Icons added for today:

Sorry Zzuxon, but I skipped out on doing the Hoenn Trainer for the time being. I'll get it eventually. I actually snapped my own picture of the AR Man, and I'm glad I did because before I hadn't messed much with that feature. Pretty neat, lol.

Oh, whoops. Just now saw your edit. I'll try to get those two real quick before I fall asleep.

It's no problem. You're doing lot's of people a massive favor.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Thanks! This is awesome, keep up the good work. :D Might put together something with all of these.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Icons added for today:

I hope you like that Hoenn Trainer icon, Zzuxon. I'm sorry that Grovyle doesn't show up very well. Pokemon trainers are hard to work with, lol. Have to shove four characters into a 46x46 square.

So, Horsetail should be happy with Demille.
Arcadenik should be happy with Dixie & Kiddy and King Hippo.
Mario & Sonic Guy should be happy with Leon and White Mage
That one FAKE LEAK guy should be happy with Mokka
And everyone else can just do a barrel roll.

I've done all requests so far, and I'm running out of ideas, so don't shy away from asking for anything else. THIS. IS A SERVICE.

D

Deleted member

I've got three.

Meta Ridley
Eggplant Wizard
Krokorok

EDIT: And a 4th. Cranky Kong.
EDIT: Oh, and a 5th and a 6th (sorry). Shake King and Shadow the Hedgehog.

Holder of the Heel

NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Demise from Skyward Sword, Galacta Knight from Kirby, Porky from Earthbound, Rosalina from Mario, Count Bleck from Paper Mario, N from Pokemon, Sora from Kingdom Hearts... that's all I can think of for now.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Oh cool, just saw your requests. :D

I was making these guys for some loser, and an even greater loser, except Infantry which I made for myself because I would prefer them over Andy to be honest:

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Link in his Skyward Sword design
Travis Touchdown
Megaman X

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
ALRIGHT, I'm probably going to take a nap now:

Eggplant Wizard was a RIDICULOUS name to try and fit in that space by the way, but I did the best I could. IF NEED BE, I can make it just "Eggplant W." or "E. Wizard" or something. Maybe just EGGPLANT. I had to go overboard with LETTER SCRUNCHING. Galacta Knight too, but not as bad. ALSO, I already had Porky up there, but if you didn't notice him then that must mean I didn't use a recognizable enough picture of him, so I went ahead and made two more icons for him (Okay, so I had the Wi-Fi icons open from Meta Ridley anyway but, I mean, y'know, whatever). N look so cool with that single letter name.

Also here you go:
Ehehehe. :troll:

Top Bottom