• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make your own echo fighter!

Quillion

Smash Hero
Yeah sure.

What else do you got in mind, I would love to hear them.
:D
Would you want Zelda to move Light Arrow to Neutral-B, move Nayru's Love to Down-B, and lose Phantom Slash just because Light Arrow is Zelda's signature weapon?

I don't think so.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I like a good balance of heroes and villains. Black Shadow is the closest thing to a recurring F-Zero villain. Bring him in, bring Porky in, and if we can get third parties like Eggman and Wily? Oh, I would be a happy boy.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I like a good balance of heroes and villains. Black Shadow is the closest thing to a recurring F-Zero villain. Bring him in, bring Porky in, and if we can get third parties like Eggman and Wily? Oh, I would be a happy boy.
Except Goroh is in more F-Zeros.

Voe

Smash Journeyman
:ultsonic: Mighty
:ultganondorf: Urbosa
:ultmegaman: Slippy
:ultfalco: Katt
:ultpacman: Ms. Pac-Man
:ultrosalina: NiGHTS

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
Would you want Zelda to move Light Arrow to Neutral-B, move Nayru's Love to Down-B, and lose Phantom Slash just because Light Arrow is Zelda's signature weapon?

I don't think so.
I mean, who said it wouldn't hold any value or fun factor.

We all know how much the pleased the community would be to see Snake pin down fighters with a SPAS-12.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I mean, who said it wouldn't hold any value or fun factor.

We all know how much the pleased the community would be to see Snake pin down fighters with a SPAS-12.
Well, since no one wants DK to have a barrel or coconut gun projectile nor does anyone want Roy and Ike to have their signature sword beams, I think it's clear that people are holding Ganondorf to a double standard.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Impa as a obvious :ultsheik: Echo.

Differences:

Impa is a little taller than Sheik. Which results in her attacks having increased range, but she'll be a bigger target to hit and still has the same weight to compensate.

Instead of the Burst Grenades, Impa could take Link's Remote Bombs as a Side B attack, or use a Deku Nut instead (with lowered knockback and hitstun of course). If this is too much, maybe a singular Kunai projectile attack as Neutral B instead of the Needles. Up B also uses a slightly different animation but the exact same frame data. She could also potentially use Zelda's Side B as her Side B cause that would fit as well. Maybe light or aura effects instead of fire however.

Slippy Toad as a :ultfalco: Echo.

Smaller in height, but has a wider frame. Does certain "bird wing flapping attacks" that Falco does with his feet instead, which is possible because frogs are actually quite agile.

Maybe use either Fox or Wolf's Blaster instead of Falco's.

A more comical Final Smash that has potential of Slippy crashing into the stage with the Arwing because he's so clumsy.

In general, I think I would get more exited about new semi-clones however because with each of these Echoes I can't help but wish for them to become more unique honestly.

Slippy Toad as a :ultfalco: Echo.

Smaller in height, but has a wider frame. Does certain "bird wing flapping attacks" that Falco does with his feet instead, which is possible because frogs are actually quite agile.

Maybe use either Fox or Wolf's Blaster instead of Falco's.

A more comical Final Smash that has potential of Slippy crashing into the stage with the Arwing because he's so clumsy.
The sad thing is that Wolf's blaster would make Falco such a better character. I do like the idea of Slippy, though. I could see him with a version of fire fox that doesn't have the start-up but also doesn't do damage.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
Didn't Impa only really get popular because of Hyrule Warriors? I think people would be very disappointed if she didn't use her giant sword.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Goroh is a rival, not a villain. He's the Wario, not the Bowser.
Admittedly I am biased in favor of Goroh since he wouldn't be such an obvious quota character, and Ganondorf's moveset is currently incompatible with the "declone Ganondorf and give his old moveset to Black Shadow" meme. People already think it's inappropriate for OoT Ganondorf to use a sword, and it would be even worse with Black Shadow, but if you remove DORIYAH it's a big nerf.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I have no delusions that Nintendo would even consider considering investing time and effort in a brand new F-Zero character addition--it is, tragically, a series they want people to forget about. Therefore, it's a waste of time and text to suggest it.

An echo is not outside the realm of feasibility, however.

Flik

Smash Journeyman
Venom Snake as :ultsnake: echo, but with Rocket Punch instead of Remote Missile.
Charizard X from Smash 4 as :ultcharizard:echo but with Fire Blast instead of Flamethrower and Dragon Rush instead of Flare Blitz.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Didn't Impa only really get popular because of Hyrule Warriors? I think people would be very disappointed if she didn't use her giant sword.
The support started after Skyward Sword, where she got her most significant role in a canon Zelda game as of yet. I do think Hyrule Warriors Impa would be awesome, but I could see SS Impa as a great Echo to Sheik. I do hope this is likely whenever Nintendo decides to remake Skyward Sword. It hasn't been shown a lot of love while it's still a great game.

Xelrog

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 2367 4933 3404
I do hope this is likely whenever Nintendo decides to remake Skyward Sword. It hasn't been shown a lot of love while it's still a great game.
If they can figure out how to remaster Skyward Sword in a way that removes all motion controls, a lot more people will play it, myself included.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Dixie Kong: just give her the ponytail recovery which functions the same as DK's up-b, and replace the Peanut Gun with Tiny's Feather Bow.

Raiden (MGS2): Basically shares all attacks with Snake except jab, Raiden does his 4 hit combo. Smash attacks, Raiden would use his High Frequency Blade instead, and dash attack which is now his cartwheel kick, maybe grenades could stun, and have a faster dash like Ken, honestly that sounds more like a semi-clone lol.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Dixie Kong: just give her the ponytail recovery which functions the same as DK's up-b, and replace the Peanut Gun with Tiny's Feather Bow.

Raiden (MGS2): Basically shares all attacks with Snake except jab, Raiden does his 4 hit combo. Smash attacks, Raiden would use his High Frequency Blade instead, and dash attack which is now his cartwheel kick, maybe grenades could stun, and have a faster dash like Ken, honestly that sounds more like a semi-clone lol.
No can do with Dixie. Her hair would need it's own bone skeleton model, and she wouldn't have a tail, and she would have to use her hair for grabs. She can be a Isabelle styled clone at worst, but no Echo that's for sure.

If they can figure out how to remaster Skyward Sword in a way that removes all motion controls, a lot more people will play it, myself included.
It has an amazing story line and I'm kind of upset how little love Nintendo shows to the literal beginning of the franchise. If there's more room for exploration, as in say, Breath of the Wild, it would've been an amazing game.

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
No can do with Dixie. Her hair would need it's own bone skeleton model, and she wouldn't have a tail, and she would have to use her hair for grabs. She can be a Isabelle styled clone at worst, but no Echo that's for sure.

It has an amazing story line and I'm kind of upset how little love Nintendo shows to the literal beginning of the franchise. If there's more room for exploration, as in say, Breath of the Wild, it would've been an amazing game.
Well... look at Ken. Although his specials are similar, Ken is actually different in practically every move. Look at his tilts and smashes; they all are actually kicks, as opposed to punches. 'Echo' fighters are not just clones, you see. Sure, Dark Pit and Lucina are Echos, but Ken kind of proves (in my eyes) that an Echo Fighter can really be any character, but follows a few guidelines.

1. They need to be from the same series. Look, I understand that Duck Hunt is similar to Banjo-Kazooie, but there are way too many ****posts about Banjo as an echo.
2. They don't have to be identical. In fact, a distinctive difference is kind of important. Look at Chrom and Lucina; different damage distribution. Dark Pit's side B actually launches differently. Ken is practically original, Daisy has a different hitbox, being smaller, Richter's down B does different damage to Simon's. They are similar, but not the same.
3. They need to be worth inclusion, but not too different. For instance, Protoman as an Echo of Mega Man would make sense, but (sadly) Zero wouldn't, because Zero's moveset would be completely different.
4. Echo Fighters are kind of a last resort. Essentially, they're there for when a moveset needs to be bull**** to make a character work. Examples? Look at Fire Emblem. All of them have similar attacks because they happen to be very similar in design and ability.

As a result, Dixie is actually probably the most plausible echo, and a popular choice to boot.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well... look at Ken. Although his specials are similar, Ken is actually different in practically every move. Look at his tilts and smashes; they all are actually kicks, as opposed to punches. 'Echo' fighters are not just clones, you see. Sure, Dark Pit and Lucina are Echos, but Ken kind of proves (in my eyes) that an Echo Fighter can really be any character, but follows a few guidelines.

1. They need to be from the same series. Look, I understand that Duck Hunt is similar to Banjo-Kazooie, but there are way too many ****posts about Banjo as an echo.
2. They don't have to be identical. In fact, a distinctive difference is kind of important. Look at Chrom and Lucina; different damage distribution. Dark Pit's side B actually launches differently. Ken is practically original, Daisy has a different hitbox, being smaller, Richter's down B does different damage to Simon's. They are similar, but not the same.
3. They need to be worth inclusion, but not too different. For instance, Protoman as an Echo of Mega Man would make sense, but (sadly) Zero wouldn't, because Zero's moveset would be completely different.
4. Echo Fighters are kind of a last resort. Essentially, they're there for when a moveset needs to be bull**** to make a character work. Examples? Look at Fire Emblem. All of them have similar attacks because they happen to be very similar in design and ability.

As a result, Dixie is actually probably the most plausible echo, and a popular choice to boot.
Well, as a DLC character they could probably be more ambitious with Dixie as a Echo yes, but still... It's far from ideal I feel.

wimbearn

Smash Apprentice
:ultbayonetta:: Jeanne
:ultbowser:: Dry Bowser
:ultfalcon:: Black Shadow
:ultdiddy:: Dixie Kong
:ultinkling:: Octoling
:ultkingdedede:: Masked Dedede
:ultkirby:: Shadow Kirby
:ultmetaknight:: Dark Meta Knight
:ultness:: Ninten
:ultpacman:: Ms. PAC-MAN
:ultpikachu:: Mimikyu
:ultpokemontrainer:: Team Rocket(???)
:ultsheik:: Impa
:ultyoshi:: Boshi
:ultzelda:: Hilda
Was about to type Ms. Pac Man and Team Rocket! :052: :024: :071:

D

Deleted member

:ultinkling: - Octoling
:ultness: - Ninten or Paula
:ultpikachu: - Raichu
:ultbayonetta: - Jeanne
:ultsnake: - Raiden
:ultcloud: - Zack Fair
:ultmegaman: - Proto Man or Bass
:ultpacman: - Ms. Pac Man
:ultsonic: - Shadow
:ultzelda: - Hilda
:ultyounglink: - Saria
:ultsheik: - Impa
:ultmetaknight: - Dark Meta Knight or Galacta Knight
:ultkirby: - Shadow Kirby

UserKev

Smash Champion
:ultlittlemac:- Doc Louis: Doc Louis's jab attacks would mimic 8 bit sound affects as Little Mac's assist trophy. His Smash attacks would have a star aesthetic, slower but just as powerful as Little Mac with the taunt to heal by 10% eating a health bar.

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
:ultlittlemac:- Doc Louis: Doc Louis's jab attacks would mimic 8 bit sound affects as Little Mac's assist trophy. His Smash attacks would have a star aesthetic, slower but just as powerful as Little Mac with the taunt to heal by 10% eating a health bar.
Doc wouldn't work. No health bars in Smash.

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Echoes of already established veterans:
:ultzelda: - Hilda
:ultdk: - Funky Kong
:ultyoshi: - Boshi
:ultlucario: - Zeraora / Zoroark (I already know Zoroark is still a pokeball)
:ultlink::ultyounglink: - Ravio

Echoes of Newcomers:
Rallen and Jeena (Spectrobes)

Neosonic97

Smash Journeyman
Doc wouldn't work. No health bars in Smash.
I think he means Doc would heal by eating a Chocolate Bar. He does this in a special Club Nintendo-exclusive sort of pre-release bonus for Punch-Out on the Wii, where Doc Louis is fought as an opponent. I think it's a reference to that.

Anyways, time for my own suggestion...

:ultrobinf:: Celica from Fire Emblem Gaiden/Echoes: Celica only uses one weapon, the Beloved Zofia, which does the average damage of Robin's Levin and Bronze Swords, and does not have weapon or tome durability. Her magical attacks are also quite a bit stronger, but she suffers recoil damage for using them, as a nod to the fact that magic costs health to cast in Fire Emblem Echoes. Celica's Final Smash would be Ragnarok Ω, her ultimate combat Art, which she gains from the Beloved Zofia.

Last edited:

Kirbeh

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-7469-4510-7312
I think he means Doc would heal by eating a Chocolate Bar. He does this in a special Club Nintendo-exclusive sort of pre-release bonus for Punch-Out on the Wii, where Doc Louis is fought as an opponent. I think it's a reference to that.

Anyways, time for my own suggestion...

:ultrobinf:: Celica from Fire Emblem Gaiden/Echoes: Celica only uses one weapon, the Beloved Zofia, which does the average damage of Robin's Levin and Bronze Swords, and does not have weapon or tome durability. Her magical attacks are also quite a bit stronger, but she suffers recoil damage for using them, as a nod to the fact that magic costs health to cast in Fire Emblem Echoes. Celica's Final Smash would be Ragnarok Ω, her ultimate combat Art, which she gains from the Beloved Zofia.
I know what he meant, I was just making a joke. Kev specifically said Doc would eat a health bar. I know he meant Doc's chocolate bar, but since he wrote health, I went for health bar as reference to the sometimes genuine sometimes joke statement that Smash isn't a fighting game because there are no health bars. Though in this case it was more about the health bar element in general and less to do with Smash as a fighting game. Essentially, Doc wouldn't work because of the health bar, of which Smash has none (well boss fights I guess, but you get the idea). I was just poking at Kev's choice of words.

Nice concept on Celica though. I'd love for both her and Alm to get in but but we all know how most would react to more FE characters, especially Echo/clone type characters when that's already one of the major complaints about the current selection of sword lords.

Thatkidwiththeafro

The Pink Panther's Bro!
NNID
Mr.F-ZeroBias
Many of the Echo Fighters that I'm about to cover all come from my Fanon Smash game, Galactic Battle over on Fantendo. I'm going to go over the differences that each fighter may have in order to work like an Echo Fighter. I took into account various things such as if movesets could fit characters or various other things such as animations and models. Here goes!

Ms. Pac-Man as an Echo Fighter of :ultpacman::

• Ms. Pac-Man would use different Bonus Fruits, specifically those that come from her game of the same name.
  • Ms. Pac-Man summons Sue, Funky, Spunky, and Yum-Yum from the various Pac-Man games, as well as Ms. Pac-Man (Sue), and Pac-Man Jr. (Yum-Yum). They would replace Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde.
  • Ms. Pac-Man would utilize On-Fire Hydrant from Smash 4 to give a bit of difference from Pac-Man.
Jeanne as an Echo Fighter of :ultbayonetta::

• Jeanne's Wicked Weaves are White and Pink rather than Black and Purple.
  • Jeanne would wield All 4 One in both her Bayonetta 1 & 2 designs.
  • Jeanne would use Moth Within rather than Bat Within.
  • Jeanne would summon Madame Styx for Smash attacks rather than Madame Butterfly.
  • Jeanne would summon Malphas for her Final Smash rather than Gomorrah.
Liquid Snake as an Echo Fighter of :ultsnake::

• Liquid Snake's attacks would be more brutal and hard hitting, reflecting his arrogant nature.
  • Compared to Snake, Liquid would be more vocal during his attacks, adding more elements of the said arrogant nature.
  • Liquid Snake would have a different entrance animation, jumping out of a Metal Gear Rex.
  • Liquid Snake's Final Smash would be summoning the Metal Gear Rex for a cinematic attack, complete with Liquid piloting the Metal Gear.
Raichu as an Echo Fighter of :ultpikachu::

• Raichu's main gimmick as an Echo would be retaining all of Pikachu's attacks, but with much stronger hits and slightly slower speed, much like the Melee Echoes of yesteryear.
  • Similar to how both :ultpeach: and :ultdaisy: have different sizes (slightly), Raichu would be slightly bigger than Pikachu, leaving to slightly different hitboxes and hurtboxes.
  • Despite being heavier than both :ultpichu: and :ultpikachu:, Raichu would be lighter than other heavy-hitters such as :ultwario::ultbowser::ultdk::ultganondorf::ultkrool::ultkingdedede::ultincineroar::ultridley::ultcharizard:
Blood Falcon as an Echo Fighter of :ultfalcon::

• Blood Falcon would summon the Blood Hawk for ALL attacks and animations involving the machine, much like :ultfalcon:.
  • Rather than a Falcon made of Fire, a Hawk made of Poison would appear instead, and be named Hawk Punch.
  • Poison would replace Fire in any animations that involved Fire.
  • Blood Falcon would have more erratic animations to set him further apart from :ultfalcon:, while also calling back to both F-Zero GX and the F-Zero Anime, the only times where Blood Falcon has been seen in action outside of racing in the Grand Prix.

That's all for now, and if I get around to them, I'll cover more of the Echo Fighters from my game, and perhaps will even go so far as to cover the Echo Fighters based on the NEWCOMERS I selected for Galactic Battle. If you wish for a link to the roster of that game, PM me. ~ Afro

Torgo the Bear

Smash Lord
NNID
u2outofcontrol
Switch FC
SW-1209-7008-3905
:ultdk:Funky Kong (uses surfboard in Side Smash, as well as to glide like Peach and Daisy)
:ultyoshi:Yarn Yoshi (would be lighter, and would become giant for his final smash)
:ultfox:Slippy (Would be slower, but his blaster would be stronger and his reflector would be bigger. Final Smash is themed after Star Fox Guard)
:ultpikachu:Raichu (Complete the evolution line!)
:ultness:Ninten (up b is replaced with 4th-D Slip and his final smash is Eight Melodies)
:ultfalcon:Black Shadow (basically Sm4sh Ganondorf)
:ultbowser:Dry Bowser (would be lighter and would have Koopa Klaw from Melee)
:ultsheik:Impa (Ocarina of Time version or Skyward Sword version)
:ultzelda:Hilda (has some staff attacks and has darkness effects)
:ultfalco:Peppy (just to complete the original team Star Fox)
:ultyounglink:Classic Link (the one from the original Legend of Zelda. Bombs stay put where you spawn them and cannot be moved, boomerang flies through surfaces, and up b is now using the raft.)
:ultgnw:Mr. Game and Watch Gallery (same thing except the Game and Watch characters he turns into are taken from the Mario themed remixes from the Game and Watch Gallery series.)
:ultmetaknight:Galacta Knight (slighty stronger but heavier)
:ultsonic:Shadow (I dont like him as an echo but its feasable)
:ultolimar:Alph (He uses rock pikmin and has Brittany and Charlie as alts. Louie takes his place as Olimar's alt.)
:ultmegaman:Proto Man (uses custom specials from Sm4sh, and he has his projectile stopping Proto Shield out whenever he jumps.)
:ultpalutena:Medusa (...no comment here.)
:ultpacman:Ms. PAC-MAN (has different fruits with different functions.)
:ultbayonetta:Jeanne (...no comment.)
:ultinkling:Octoling (same moveset but with Splatoon 2 weaponry. Final smash is Tenta Missiles.)

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here's some of mine for my pretend Smash Bros. Eternity (the 6th game):
:ultyoshi:-Boshi
:ultkirby:-Shadow Kirby
:ultpikachu:-Yamper (Corgi Poke'mon from Sword/Shield)
:ultfalcon:-Black Shadow
:ultbowser:-Midbus
:ultzelda:-Hilda
:ultolimar:-Louie
:ultmetaknight:-Galacta Knight
:ultlittlemac:-King Hippo
:ultpalutena:-Medusa
:ultbayonetta:-Jeanne

BigRedMonster07

Smash Cadet
Here is a design for pokemon rival (based of of blue/green/Gary oak).

the rival would use :001::005::009: as his pokemon.

Bulbasaur and charmelion are trade damage, knock back and weight for range and advanced combo game. Blastoise does the exact opposite.

also if use the :ultsquirtle:, :ultivysaur:, or :ultcharizard: emojis, that just means that the move is identical to the pokemon trainer

Jab: :ultivysaur:
Forward tilt: Bulbasaur stands on its front legs and shoots spores forward. Similar to up and down aerials
Up and down tilt: :ultivysaur:
Dash attack: :ultivysaur:
Forward, up and down smashes:

OmegaRS

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu - Raichu (Since SSB likes to take influence from the anime anyway, Raichu can be a slower but stronger PIkachu)
Luigi - Dr. Luigi
Ness - Ninten (That way we can have all 3 protagonists, could take moves from Lucas as well)
Captain Falcon - Black Shadow (Melee Ganondorf)
Sheik - Impa
Zelda - Hilda
Meta Knight - Galacta Knight
Sonic - Shadow or Metal Sonic
Lucario - Zeraora
Villager - Tom Nook (Probably uses bags of money and golden items)
Mega Man - X
Palutena - Medusa
Pac-Man - Ms. Pac-Man
Robin - Celica
Cloud - Zack
Bayonetta - Jeanne
Inkling - Octoling

To name a few

Top Bottom