• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make your own echo fighter!

RedstoneGirl

Smash Rookie
In this thread, you can make your own echo fighter from any game you like!

These are mine:
  • Dark Bowser as an echo fighter of Bowser
  • Peachette as an echo fighter of Peach
  • Geno as an echo fighter of Mega Man
Post as many as you like!

Last edited by a moderator:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Blaziken as an Echo Fighter of Captain Falcon

Blaziken is substantially slower than Captain Falcon, but a substantially better jumper. Its Up+B, Sky Uppercut, is not a grab move at all; it functions more like Ryu's Shoryuken. The vertical height gained from Sky Uppercut is ridiculous, making it a great anti-air move as well as a fantastic vertical recovery, but its horizontal distance is not impressive in comparison and Blaziken leaves itself wide-open against grounded foes it doesn't strike.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Dr. Eggman as an Echo Fighter of Bowser Jr

Mostly the same kind of moveset, though replacing the mecha-Koopa with one of his own robots, the cannonball with a laser, and the final Smash is completely different, with him whipping out the classic wrecking ball thing from Sonic 1

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
:ultcloud:: Zack Fair
:ultbayonetta:: Jeanne
:ultfalcon:: Blood Falcon
:ultsnake:: Naked Snake
:ultmegaman:: Proto Man
Ken: Sean

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Dixie Kong: Echo fighter of Diddy Kong with Donkey Kong's up special and prehensile hair as a tether grab. Slightly slower, but better horizontal and vertical jumps.

Yiga: Echo fighter of Sheik. Needle Storm is visually different in that miniature scythes are thrown. Vanish functions the same, but has a different explosion that leaves a Yiga symbol. Yiga is slightly heavier, but floaty.

Space Pirate: Echo fighter of Zero Suit Samus. Paralyzer is fired from Space Pirate's chelae. He lacks tether grabs. Up special is the same, but his insect wings flap as he ascends with his kick, rather than thrusters from his feet. Forward special releases a short-ranged beam in place of Plasma Whip. Space Pirate is slightly faster and heavier.

Quillion

Smash Hero
My dream Echo is Classic Link. Either as an echo of Link or Young Link.

His default costume is "Classic Link" from most of the 2D games (Zelda 1, Zelda 2, ALttP, OoX, ALBW), but he has alts that change him into OoT Link and TP Link, which also changes his voice a la Ike. He is the same height as regular Link.

His moveset is essentially Link's before all of the BotW changes for Ultimate: he's a lefty, has normal bombs, the hookshot, and no double arrow mechanic. His weight, movement speed, and general frame data are all identical to regular Link's, though.

BonafideFella

Smash Journeyman
:ultkingdedede:/:ultdk:~Bonkers: The King D3 moveset with some of Donkey Kong's animations.
:ultpichu:~Marill: Or Pikachu, either way. Pikachu's attacks with water effects.
:ultbowserjr:~Tatanga: The only character that really fits with the Clown Car archetype without stretching it too far.
:ultmegaman:~Roll: Could use some of Mega Man's custom moves.

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
:4bowser:: King K. Rool
:4charizard:: Ridley
:4falcon:: Ganondorf
BOI you best watch your mouth with those fightin' words!

As for me:

:ultdiddy: Dixie Kong w/ Donkey Kong's up-special using her hair and a unique neutral special and Final Smash
:ultsnake: Liquid, overall faster version of Snake with maybe some slightly different physics/effects on specials and a different Final Smash with the Hind D.
:ultpacman: Mrs. Pac Man, although preferably just an alt skin tbh
:ultike: Black Knight, ofc. Rip in peace
:ultpiranha: Audrey II

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
:ultsnake:: Leon S. Kennedy (different upB a la Chrom)
:ultsonic:: Shadow, because it's obvious.
:ultinkling:: Octoling, because it's obvious.
:ultfox:: James McCloud. Make him move slower and hit harder without the oddities that differentiate Falco/Wolf.
:ultgnw:: Paper Mario. This is a stretch, but replacing the animations with similar PM animations while not altering much hitbox information is technically possible.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
:ultbowser:: Dry Bowser - Main difference would be that he’s faster, but deals less damage, has blue fire and Bowser’s old Melee/Brawl dash. Final Smash could be summoning a column of lava that covers a third of the stage.

Seems to be treated as a different entity in Mario sports games, so why not have him in Smash?

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
:ultmewtwo: Mega Mewtwo X/Shadow Mewtwo/Shadow Mega Mewtwo X because I'm a sheep.
:ultluigi:/:ultdoc: Dr. Luigi because HYES

I have no other aspirations because I'm a fool.

Sabertooth

Smash Ace
In my opinion Smash Ultimate really could've gone further with the Echo Fighters. Richter and Ken are cool, but I'd like more echoes of classic Smash characters we've been playing since the beginning. It's like a new way to play an old favorite. So here are my ideas.

Donkey Kong -- Obvious as a huge DK fan I want another Kong in this game. I don't believe Dixie Kong would work as an echo, so let's forget her for now. Funky Kong is a memorable, reliable NPC who's been there since the original DKC, so he deserves a spot in Smash. Give him all of DK's custom moves from Smash 4 that had windboxes, since he used to be a pilot. In addition slap that surfboard onto some of Funky's animations just for visual effect (his Up+B in particular), and perhaps most importantly, give him his real voice. None of that "realistic animal" junk--Funky's voice is just way too iconic.

Donkey Kong -- I warned ya. I want two Echo Fighters for DK, with the other one being Chunky Kong. Simply give the rest of DK's old custom moves to Chunky and make him slightly slower. That's all I want out of him. He's an incredibly underused character, only appearing in two games ever, so this would be a nice treat. The memes would be great too since he's the "One Hell of a Guy" the DK Rap talks about.

Young Link -- Ravio. LINK BETWEEN WORLDS SPOILERS AHEAD. Ravio is literally just Link from another dimension and he sells you all of the items you use in the game, so pretty much everything in Young Link's moveset would work for him. Zelda fans might complain that he's yet another insubstantial Zelda roster addition...but I don't care. I like him a lot.

Fox -- Slippy Toad. I think Slippy deserves a spot in Smash with how iconic he is to the series. He even had his own game. Yeah, some folks might complain about "a third Fox clone", but at the end of the day I don't think these guys would fight all that differently anyway. Slippy could be like Fox, but slower and maybe more slippery since he's covered in mucus at all times. Replace the Firefox with something a little goofier but functionally identical and, for heck's sake, give him some dope ass taunts.

Those are pretty much the only ones I want. Let's get creative here!

Arymle Roseanne

Smash Lord
I would love to have Paula as an echo of Ness.

Digby for Isabelle.

Also Ms Pac-Man for Pac-Man since they don't want to make her an alt.

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Masked Dedede as an echo of Dedede
Same moveset, but Neutral B is shooting fire from the hammer, and side B is rockets. He also uses the mecha-hammer.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Since it looks like custom moves are out, it's a shame they didn't make more echoes using some of the better ones. I'm not giving hope just yet though. They could have new echoes and alt costumes as free updates the same way they put BOTW Link in MK8 Deluxe. They're a lot easier to make and justify as free than the DLC full fighters. So here are a couple of my ideas using some of my favorite custom moves from Smash 4.

Fire Mario - Since his costume is out for now. Uses Fast Fireball and Explosive Jump Punch from Smash 4. FLUDD becomes Flamethrower FLUDD, kinda like his scalding move. Shock cape for side b perhaps? Otherwise unchanged except for maybe a few more fire effects on his attacks.

Dry Bowser - People have been suggesting him since echo fighters were first announced. The only changes I really care about are getting Fire Shot (with a blue fireball of course) and Dash Slash in there. Maybe slightly faster a la Ken? Possibly even lighter? Since Ken I don't even know what the standards are except that they're quicker to make.

Impa (over Sheik) - My vote for the Smash ballot, albeit that was her Hyrule Warriors form. We already know Sheik is going to be amazing and I'd love to see an echo fighter become top tier. My changes for her would be Paralyzing Needles, Skimming Grenade, and maybe Jellyfish?

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
:ultfox:: Slippy Toad
:ultjigglypuff:: Spheal
:ultlittlemac:: Glass Joe (glass fighter as compared to Little Mac - more damage, but slower and can be KOed at lower percent)
:ultolimar:: Louie (w/ Brittany alt)
:ultpalutena:: Medusa (w/ a specials set based from some of Palutena's missing SM4SH custom moves)
:ultzss:: Anthony Higgs (cross-mixed with Samus; ice-themed moves as compared to Samus' fire)

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
There's already a thread where people discuss echo fighters they want/predict.

Nevertheless, I'm gonna go with Bass for Mega Man. All you have to do is change his charge shot to a rapid shot, and change the animation on his slide. Not even as big a change as Ken is.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
My echos for Super Smash Bros Prism (Pretend)
:ultyoshi:: Boshi
:ultmetaknight:: Galacta Knight
:ultkirby:: Shadow Kirby
:ultinkling:: Octoling
:ultolimar:: Louie
:ultpikachu:: Raichu

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
:ultbowser:: Dark Bowser (mostly same moveset, but there is a few differences. Dark Bowsers fire breath is a darker colour. His Side Special is his rock throw. His Final Smash puts the player in a cage, then he unleashes his energy blast to hit those who got caged, dealing a lot of damage.)
:ultdiddy:: Dixie Kong (uses her hair for Up Special, Guitar for Neutral Special and she is joined by Kiddy Kong for her Final Smash)
:ultsonic:: Shadow (he uses Chaos Control for his Down Special (acts like Bayonetta's Witch Time), Teleports for his Up Special and becomes Super Shadow for his Final Smash.)

That's all I got for now

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
:ultkrool:: King Hippo. They're both fat, wear crowns, & K. Rool has boxing gloves in some of his attacks. This could almost work!

:ultyounglink:: Saria, the sword & shield are from her village afterall.

:ulticeclimbers:: Baby Mario & Baby Luigi. B is replaced with Koopa shells & vB is fire flower.

:ultpiranha:: Deku Baba & Chomper from Plants vs. Zombies.

:ultfalcon:: Tifa Lockhart.

:ultganondorf:: Black Shadow.

:ultcloud::
Sora: Roxas and Xion

Last edited:

Jaro235

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-3773-6120-6819
:ultyoshi: Boshi
:ultsonic: Shadow
:ultvillager: Tom Nook
:ultdiddy: Dixie Kong
:ultbayonetta: Jeanne

Falco_DJ

Smash Apprentice
:ultcloud::
It's not ideal but an echo fighter is better than nothing.

D

Deleted member

• :ultzelda: Hilda
  • :ultyounglink: Ravio
  • :ultsheik: Impa
  • :ultdk: Funky Kong
  • :ultdiddy:Dixie Kong
  • :ultkirby: Shadow Kirby
  • :ultmetaknight: Dark Meta Knight
  • :ultinkling: Octoling
  • :ultsonic: Shadow
  • :ultpalutena: Medusa
  • :ultness: Ninten
  • :ultyoshi: Boshi
  • :ultfalcon: Black Shadow
  • :ultbowser: Dark Bowser
  • :ultrobin: Soren
  • :ultbayonetta: Jeanne
  • :ultmegaman: Proto Man

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
:ultsonic:: Mighty the armadillo. Imo, he’s much more of a Sonic clone than Shadow is, and it literally shows in Mighty’s sprites from Knuckles Chaotix when compared to Sonic’s sprites. No Chaos Emerald bs, just forest animal friend abilities.

:ultyoshi:: Birdo. I don’t think echo fighters can cross series since she’s from the Super Mario series, so maybe this would work if she were a semiclone.

:ultdk:: Funky Kong. Smash is in desperate need of Funky Mode.

D

Deleted member

Galacta Knight over Meta Knight, he could have electric effects on most of his moves, and be slightly faster, but all his specials are less useful in recovery.

D

Deleted member

Man, now's the time where I put up my pet project

*ahem*

Bo--

......................huh. Nevermind :yoshi:
Boshi as a stronger Yoshi, but with more lag on his moves. Much riskier, more rewarding.

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
:ultbowser:: Dry Bowser
:ultfalcon:: Black Shadow
:ultdiddy:: Dixie Kong
:ultinkling:: Octoling
:ultkingdedede:: Masked Dedede
:ultkirby:: Shadow Kirby
:ultmetaknight:: Dark Meta Knight
:ultness:: Ninten
:ultpacman:: Ms. PAC-MAN
:ultpikachu:: Mimikyu
:ultpokemontrainer:: Team Rocket(???)
:ultsheik:: Impa
:ultyoshi:: Boshi
:ultzelda:: Hilda

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
:ultbowser: - Dry Bowser: Some aesthetics would be different (such as Fire Breath's flame color), but would mostly play the same way as Bowser.

The Final Smash would have Dry Bowser growing to a huge size, and breathe a large stream of fire at his opponents. The flames hit opponents up to 21 times, dealing a grand total of 50% damage; the first 20 hits deal 2% damage each (autolinks fighters toward the center of the flames), while the final hit deals 10% damage (has 100 BKB and 120 KBG).

Top Bottom