• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Own Classic Mode!

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Now that Classic Mode has been confirmed to have unique fights for each fighter, I thought it would be interesting to make our own classic mode set-ups for both confirmed and unconfirmed fighters! Give each fighter a title for their classic mode (ex. Kirby, DK, and Roy's classic modes are "Gourmet Clash", "Journey to New Donk City", and "Journey of Swords" respectively), as well as detailing the six battles each fighter will deal with on their adventure.

Here's an example:
Robin: Tactical Combat
Round 1: Vs. Corrin (Stage: Castle Siege)
Round 2: Vs. Marth and Lucina (Stage: Arena Ferox, Partner: Chrom. Reference to the battle with Masked Marth in Chapter 4)
Round 3: Vs. Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf (Stage: Hyrule Castle, Partner: Chrom and Lucina. Medieval Franchise vs. Medieval Franchise, also a good excuse to have the Awakening Trio on one team)
Round 4: Vs. Ike (Stage: Castle Siege)
Round 5: Vs. Giant Ridley (Stage: Frigate Orpheon, Partner: Chrom. Most dragon-like opponent I could think of)
Round 6: Vs. Chrom (Stage: Coliseum)

Gouloudrouioul

Smash Rookie
Yes I like this idea ! But I believe that the names are just for the rounds, no for the whole classic. So I'm gonna give a name to each round :D

Duck Hunt Duo :

Round 1 : The boys want to play fetch
Vs. Lucas and Ness (Stage: Yoshi's Island melee, Items: Football)

Round 2 : Leaving Home
Vs. Villager (Stage: 3D land)

Round 3 : Bad dogs
Vs. Wolf and Fox (Stage: Green Land)

Round 4 : In the wild
Vs. Giant Duck Hunt (Stage: Garden of Hope, Partners: Wolf and Fox, no Items)

Round 5 : You won't catch me!
Vs. 8 weak Poke Trainers (Stage: Pokemon Stadium)

Round 6 : The Hunter
Vs. King K Rool (Stage: Gaur Plains, no Items)

Peridorito

Smash Journeyman
Ness

Stage 1: The Other Psychic Kid

VS Lucas (Stage: Onett)

Stage 2: The Other Kid With a Red Cap

VS Pokémon Trainer (Stage: Prism Tower)

Stage 3: Is This The Future?

VS R.O.B. and Megaman (Stage: New Pork City, Ally: Lucas)

Stage 4: Invaders From Another Galaxy

VS Rosalina, Kirby and Olimar (Stage: Smashville, Allies: Toon Link and Villager)

Stage 5: Ness's Mind

VS Mr. Game & Watch Team (Stage: Magicant)

Stage 6: The Return of Gyigas?

VS Giant Mewtwo (Stage: Fourside)

SuzyHeart

Smash Rookie
I don't think that the names are for individual rounds as the title "Journey to New Donk City" is seen before the match with the Inklings on Moray Towers. The name doesn't make sense for that specific match, and makes more sense as the overall title for Donkey Kong's Classic Mode.

Anyway, my idea for Pokemon Trainer's Classic Mode would be:

Pokemon Trainer: The World of Pokemon (Reference to the beginning of Pokemon games)
Round 1: Vs. Pikachu (Stage: Saffron City) Theme: Wild Pokemon Encounter
Round 2: Vs. Pokemon Trainer (Stage: Pokemon Stadium) Theme: Trainer Battle
Round 3: Vs. Jigglypuff and Kirby (Stage: Prism Tower) Theme: Fairy Types in Kalos
Round 4: Vs. Mewtwo and Wolf (Stage: Spear Pillar) Theme: Evil Team using a Legendary Pokemon
Round 5: Vs. Giant Ridley (Stage: Unova Pokemon League, Ally: Pichu) Theme: B&W's Legendary Pokemon
Round 6: Vs. Pokemon Trainer, Greninja, and Lucario (Stage: Kalos Pokemon League, Ally: Pikachu) Theme: Champion Battle against your Rival

Last edited:

Thanos6

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thanos6
I don't think that the names are for individual rounds as the title "Journey to New Donk City" is seen before the match with the Inklings on Moray Towers. The name doesn't make sense for that specific match, and makes more sense as the overall title for Donkey Kong's Classic Mode.
It makes sense if Moray Towers is on the way to New Donk City, in the geography of this Battleworld.

Anyway, isn't the title of the Kirby vs. Yoshi fight "A Clash Of Gourmets" or something like that? I doubt that could describe his whole story, but it works for those two.

SuzyHeart

Smash Rookie
It makes sense if Moray Towers is on the way to New Donk City, in the geography of this Battleworld.

Anyway, isn't the title of the Kirby vs. Yoshi fight "A Clash Of Gourmets" or something like that? I doubt that could describe his whole story, but it works for those two.
Well there are other 'gourmets' in Smash e.g. Wario, Pac-Man, and for the final round, Dedede. And they could also use smashers that are associated with food like the Kongs. Kirby could definitely fight a lot of people for the sake of food.

Top Bottom