• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 8: -TOP 50 POSTED-

n88

Smash Lord
I was browsing the BITF boards and found Make Your Move. Reading through it I saw a large move set by someone named agidius and was thus led here. I decided to join as it looked rather interesting, but I cannot imagine coming up with a move set massive and intricate enough to compete. Nonetheless I qua nerd shall attempt it.

Prepare for a dreadful attempt XD
It's okay if your first set isn't the greatest anything anyone has ever seen. The whole point is that you enjoy it, and hey, if we enjoy it too, that's fantastic. As long as you're actually trying, it'll be a good try.

Thrice

Smash Cadet
Hi there, Fried Rice. You have no idea who I am, I know, as I think this is my second post in the entire thread. As of now, I'm not really a MYMer. Never made a set. However, I can tell you that Agidius (or agi) is one of the better set makers here, and also a really cool person just to be around.

Either way, don't worry about the actual set, most people's first sets are pretty bad. However, a lot of people who started off horribly are now great MYMers themselves, so don't sweat it. You can also comment other sets if you like, a lot of people do that. You don't need fancy stars or anything, just an opinion.

Also, ignore the bickering going on right now, it's not normally like this. Or at least it isn't from what I've seen.

Smady

Smash Master
Your first moveset will never break this contest's ranking system, but rest assured you'll get a lot of help from other Make Your Move veterans if you do post a moveset. And if you stick around, it's highly likely you'll get good enough to rank.

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
WHOOOOAAA I MISSED A COMMENT
(impact for emphasis, of course)

So, rather than going point by point, I'll just tackle it all progressively, or something. Wait, on second thought, I'll add in remarks in red. Actually, let's just leave it at this standard pale blue.

I always say I'm back for good but then I leave suddenly. That's Frf for you.

Kendra

-I feel like the colors are going to give me a swift kick in the nuts later on. They look nice, however, so a nice swift kick in the nuts is a step up.
Thanks, I got a tip on the colors from Shellder, the moveset I looked to for a bit of inspiration here.
-Yay simple organization Pokesets!
Indeed, Wizzerd did the basework, while I heavily modified it. Looks nice, I think.
-I liked it when Dragon types were a rarity. Since gen 3 they've been all like "Lets make Dragonite cry! <3"
Yeah, Generation II was a bit weird in that Kingdra was it for dragon types. Garchomp, Salamence, oh dear! Scary.
-Kendra can hardly move on ground? I would imagine so, try putting a seahorse on Brinstar and tell me what happens!
It would probably shrivel up or something.
-Oh~god~the~squiggles~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~To be honest, the squiggles are a result of me replacing all the hyphens with tildes to look more watery. I was a bit too lazy to replace the real moveset ones, though. I think it adds a little silliness.
-Doesn't any sort of knockback like flinching reset the opponent's recovery? That'd make water gun tough to use effectively....I'll just assume you left a vital detail out about how the flinch doesn't reset recovery!
I suppose so, yes, but I tried to make it so that Kingdra couldn't just win via projectile spam. Though I probably did leave out a few details here and there.
-Hehe, Kendra jetting across the battlefield with Hydro Pump is clever. Because, as you've established, Kendra is slow.
Indeed, it's another tip from Shellder I figured would make sense.
-Oh god yes Whirlpool <3
Whirlpool!
-So it's main perk is being able to Snipe downwards? Couldn't you just.....Jump up and use the specials? Eh, it's a cool move regardless.
I think what you're talking about is my phrasing there-- in case it was not clear, Whirlpool still launches you up in the air, yeah, but it launches you a good bit higher than your normal jump, and when combined with a jump, it's a respectable thing, that.
-Yes I hate when I get seawater in my eyes. @_@ Actually I just hate the beach in general.
Indeed, that move in particular I thought a lot of people could relate to.

-Standards help the gimping playstyle. Nothing fascinating, but it works.
I agree. Nothing in this moveset, I think, is mind-blowing.
-Yay, his smashes actually damage!
Not to mention they're beastly. Ish.
-Up smash seems pretty god.
At least it's not Thunder.
-FOES WILL GET PROJECTILE'D BY KINGDRA: THE SNIPER.
PROJECTILE'D
-Yay, bubble! It allows Kendra to go up in the air and pick off foes as he's slowly descending!
So......why have whirlpool? D:
Well, bubble is pretty much for after the whirlpool-- you know, so Kingdra doesn't just fall like Fox or whatever.
-Gah, you need more details, Plorf. >_0 I don't have access to your mind!
I tend to agree with that statement. Recently, I've run into a bit of trouble when trying to express my ideas. Sorry!
-The forward air~neutral air interaction is pretty clever.
I figured it'd make it a little more, as Daddy would say, flowing.

-I like the idea of the grab trapping the opponent inside a bubble and pushing them with water and such.
And I'm sure it's not the first time that's been explored, either. Bubble Man I think did it, maybe someone else, but I figured it made some sense.
-Long situationals. 0.0
Funny story. At first, I wasn't going to include any, but Junahu recommended I add a bit on swimming attack. Since I couldn't find a proper place to put it, I just made a new Situationals section, then glommed just about everything together in one header.
-I never understood why people always had a tripped attack and a rising attack.
I thought that was weird too. Kingdra's trip pose, is just like his lying pose.
-Kendra has a snout of STEEL.
KINGDRA IS NOT STEEL TYPE
-Kendra can't trip! How you-neeck!
Wha? Didn't I say Kingdra was a tripping machine? o_<

Kendra was pretty good. Gimping has been explored, but not as much as something like camping. You pull it off well, but again, clarify things a tad better. @_@ Though I always find myself loving your easy writing style and crisp organization. You took as much as you could out of Kingdra, so it was an enjoyable read.
I am glad you liked it, and your criticisms are pretty valuable, what with the clarity and the non-epicness of it all. Even then, I'm totally proud of all my movesets, basically, and so I really appreciate, you know, appreciation for what I worked on. I did indeed do as much with Kingdra as I felt was fitting.
Also, I'll say hello to *gasp* a newcomer! Hey there, RIED FRICE, glad you found our thread. Now my first moveset was posted after two entire contests of lurking, and as luck would have it, it broke the TOp 50. My second moveset, which was the first one I made entirely on my own, actually made the top ten! Now, I'm going to guess that you're probably a bit intimidated or what have you right now, but I assure you, for the most part we're pretty sane. Yeah, so welcome aboard! Hope you stick around, is all.

ignoring Smash Daddy due to lack of interest

Monkey D. AWESOME

Smash Apprentice
Coming to terms with having two people in my mind
Fried Rice, welcome to MYM!! Feel free to make a moveset of whoever you choose! Don't worry if it doesn't come out perfect; We'll be there to offer constructive criticism where it needs to be. Maybe one day, you might even be a leader. Who knows? :)

EDIT: About the whole "arguing" thing, it's hard to tell whether someone's arguing or not when it's typed up. Just pointing it out.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Forretress

I'm given to understand you made this moveset in a single night JOE!, so I'm impressed by what came out. It looks a little sloppy, the images and faces put into the line of text make the spacing bleh, and the bolded, different font areas do the same thing, but you never had much time to look over it, so it's not a big deal at all.

I wasn't expecting much out of the Pinecos besides being massively out of character, but they actually turned out surprisingly well, which I don't think was easy to do. The whole moveset very much feels like Forretress, but more than that, it plays like I imagine Forretress would really fight, which is always huge points in my book.

Now on to the bad. The mirrored inputs were frustrating, and it felt like you were stretching for move inputs, which I'm sad to see, and the aerials sort of worked against the playstyle of having to work to spread the spikes around. What I would have liked to have seen for the aerials is more use of String Shot; you alluded to being able to set up aerial spikes through string in the tilts; being able to create a tougher maze of aerial spikes would've been an interesting expansion to the playstyle.

When all is said and done, I really like the set; it feels exactly like Foretress and has a fairly unique playstyle, a different take on traps than most movesets take. I just wish it had had some more time spent on it so it could really shine. It's still a great set mind you.

Wizzerd and Kupa

It's great to see you make a set, even if it is mostly a jokeset. However, for a jokeset I found it fairly impermeable, all the stuff with tagging out and stuff was a little tough to chew at first, so it sort of hurt the momentum I had reading this.

It's funny stuff, and while there is a legitimate playstyle at the end, it feels very forced and unnatural. It's prop manipulation and a playstyle that deals with numbers in the end. It doesn't feel like there was an idea for a playstyle for this set from the beginning, and it's more an evolution of the more important moves rather than a specific plan.

In the end, I can't really take this set seriously as a contestant, not just because it's Wiz and Kupa, but because that the moves and way it works feels too haphazard, despite the presence of playstyle.

And I know that this is just rambling, and I'll probably be misunderstood, so let me sum up my feelings about this set clearly. It's a fun set, and it's not bad either, but I just didn't really like it in the end. Maybe I just don't get all the inside jokes (WARU).

Kingdra

Another Plorf set? Already? That means it's time for massive inthread flaming and arguments, yay!

First of all, Kingdra doesn't really strike me as really fitting his playstyle. He's a camper/gimper, but I really don't see Kingdra as doing that; he seems a lot more capable of doing a lot of direct attacks or serious damaging moves than his set gives him. So many moves don't do any damage at all; it seems underpowered and out of character at the same time.

One of the reasons I found Kingdra hard to get into was because of your way of organzing your thoughts. The Nair would have been much better suited as a Special, and it would have given me a bit of a better idea of how he played; the same can be applied to his bubble grab. When I was reading through the Specials and Standards, it seemed very random and unfocused.

In the end, he doesn't have a bad playstyle, the positioning using the water flows well into both camping and gimping, although he didn't strike me as having too many options for doing any of the sniping you suggested. It doesn't feel much like Kingdra though, but I can't mark you down too much for having a different interpretation of the Pokemon; I can at least acknowledge that is a possible way to interpret him.

And finally, Kingdra's writing style was a little tougher for me to chew. I understand sometimes using analogies to start off move descriptions, but with Kingdra it felt like every single move started with a barely relevant anecdote. I'd really rather see a move cut to the meat of what it it.

All in all, it wasn't bad, but I couldn't really like this. I chalk this up partially to the fact that this moveset was originally going to be part of Lance. The playstyle really fits better as part of a multi-set than as a standalone set.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Forretress

I'm given to understand you made this moveset in a single night JOE!, so I'm impressed by what came out. It looks a little sloppy, the images and faces put into the line of text make the spacing bleh, and the bolded, different font areas do the same thing, but you never had much time to look over it, so it's not a big deal at all.

I wasn't expecting much out of the Pinecos besides being massively out of character, but they actually turned out surprisingly well, which I don't think was easy to do. The whole moveset very much feels like Forretress, but more than that, it plays like I imagine Forretress would really fight, which is always huge points in my book.

Now on to the bad. The mirrored inputs were frustrating, and it felt like you were stretching for move inputs, which I'm sad to see, and the aerials sort of worked against the playstyle of having to work to spread the spikes around. What I would have liked to have seen for the aerials is more use of String Shot; you alluded to being able to set up aerial spikes through string in the tilts; being able to create a tougher maze of aerial spikes would've been an interesting expansion to the playstyle.
I had thought of this, but unfortunatley it simply wouldnt work right on ALOT of stages without being goofy (aka String shot would have to go to like the top of the screen on FD), and it's actually the reason I had made Pineco a part of the set 9other than he is awesome).

As for the mirrored inputs, blame it on 1-nite poke-syndrome, as well as the following:

Toxic (fsmash) as some have mentioned could have been used to make the spikes themselves "toxic". I stayed away from that for it being kinda punishable / toxic having it's own great use, and that having it as an aerial input gave the same effort for reward as it would require taking to the air to do, and only does 1 spike at a time. Toxic on the lump of spikes next to Forretress after Nspec for example would have done 24% MINIMUM for just 1 move over them, that is absurd seeing as you must physically clear spikes from the field.

U/D/Nair all arent very accurate, and only launch about 2 spikes at a time, as opposed to the 5per sec Nspec does. So Nspec is alot better at spike producing as rapid spin has then controlled distribution, wheras his aerials may usually launch them where you dont wat them / offstage.

Along with each being a simple case of he needs to do the same thign in X direction, instead of Y to work (WARY)

When all is said and done, I really like the set; it feels exactly like Foretress and has a fairly unique playstyle, a different take on traps than most movesets take. I just wish it had had some more time spent on it so it could really shine. It's still a great set mind you.

wrkngclsshr

Smash Rookie
Well, I might as well post SOMETIME.
First comment, here we go!

~Kingdra~

Well, let's start on positives. The organization is crisp clear and easy to read.

Now onto everything else :/

First off, you ramble SO MUCH.

Subject 1: (On Water Gun)
(Ever played a Kirby game? Kingdra has~~ he really likes the attack Kirby uses when underwater, a little spurt of water that damages enemies [...]
Kirby =/= Pokemon

Subject 2: (On Hydro Pump)
Oh yeah, I totally forgot the most important part of the move! (ONO)
Please, don't try to be funny. At least not like THIS.

Subject 3: (on SmokeScreen)
(Now I’m not sure if seahorses can really spew ink, but Kingdra learns this move so it might as well be in, yes?
Yeah, and you're telling me Iron Head doesn't fit.

There were more, but I don't feel like going through all of them.
When I read through this, I found it sort of... distracting? Also, I may not have written a moveset yet, but I do write stories, poetry, and essays quite a bit. Rule of Thumb when you're trying to give a clear message in serious writing: Write in Third Person.

Yes, this means eliminating most "you's," direct questions, and attempts at cleverness.

Now I know that this a -moveset- competition, and isn't going to be turned in for a grade, but don't go overboard with breaking the fourth wall. You're explaining what Kingdra's doing, not writing a script for stand-up comedy. You aren't directly talking to us, and don't act like it.

Plorf said:
Down Special ~ Brine
(Have you ever gone in the ocean and just gotten seawater all over your eyes and throat? It's an awful feeling, which Kingdra can easily replicate. Aiming downwards, the sea dragon blasts out a tidal spray that completely covers his sides. It's a huge splash that is reminiscent of the ocean slamming into a rocky coast. The move's hitbox is rather like Squirtle's up smash, but broader and less condensed. When Kingdra spits down, he deals downwards knockback that easily, but weakly meteor smashes foes. The rest of this move is actually somewhat defensive, though, as the water has extremely high priority~~ enough to eat up nearly any move, including projectiles.

The splash lasts for a deceptively long time, but loses priority as the tide recedes. This does around 10% and can KO at high percents. The salty water also sort of deals poison damage to foes who got caught in the brunt of the spray, but it quickly wears off. Unfortunately, this is kind of slow, but if you really want to camp well, use it. Just be wary that this is no defense against aerial barrages.
)
Oh gosh, this comment is a bit long isn't it? I'm starting to feel hypocritical. OH WELL!
The beginning comment. Should've been reworded into something like....

"That feeling of seawater in your eyes and throat: Kingdra's favorite feeling."

Gets basically the same point across, but clearer.

And say... here.
"The salty water also sort of deals poison damage to foes who got caught in the brunt of the spray, but it quickly wears off. Unfortunately, this is kind of slow, but if you really want to camp well, use it. Just be wary that this is no defense against aerial barrages"

Translate it to this:
"The salty water also inflicts a 'poison damage.' It quickly wears off though. Unfortunately, the attack is slow, but is necessary to camp well. Aerial barrages may be a problem though..."

How I personally would've wrote it. Now, it's third-person, shorter, yet more descript, and an easier time for the reader.

Now for the part you've been waiting for: Originality. Yeah, yeah, yeah, EVERY MOVE = WATER GUN. Whatever. Moves could've (and should have, for that matter) been pulled off better. Prime suspects: Draco Meteor and Yawn. Both are projectiles. Kingdra is campy, unique in a Water/Dragon type, and can gimp well. Despite this, you give them effects completely unrelated to the Pokemon Attack and throw away the potential.
A Draco Meteor could be an awesome, unique, last resort high-knockback move that could KO, not some silly ledge attack. Yawn, something that could've slowed down the opponent or put them to sleep, more importantly, something that would've been a great asset to a character like Kingdra, was wasted into a stronger Water Gun :/

While they ARE just Attack Names, you could've at least made up names for them that FIT.

I know you hate scores, but...
Final Verdict: 4/10
I'd have to agree with Smady for scores on this one. Total wasted potential, and a still-weird writing style. Sorry Plorf :/

On another note, how's my first comment? :p

Smady

Smash Master
I agree with KRool - that's an extremely good comment differentiated by all the sections, colours and a unique writing style within the prose that's very unique. Reminds me somewhat of Frf's style of commenting - always good to have such analysis in the thread.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
That comment was absolutely brilliant, quite well done in the terms of pulling apart the writing.

Seeing how you made this powerful comment, I very much look forward to your 1st set. You've shown me what you can do.

Smady

Smash Master
Truly, a comment, for the ages.

Also Kingdra is now rated one-out-of-five. Don't ask; I updated the comment.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Kingdra:
You have a unique "real" stance on pokesets which I frankly can't get enough of. It's exactly the kind of implementation I'd expect Brawl itself to give us (which is a GOOD thing) , and the consistancy throughout is wonderful. I shudder to imagine what random magical monster any other MYMer would have given Kingdra.
There's nothing here symptomous of an intrusive larger picture, but rather everything is focused on the simple, practical purpose of gimping. You're getting better at guiding the reader through the set, though you still have various important pieces of information scattered in obtuse places (such as Kingdra's ability to aim attacks, tagged on after the Up-Smash). And there's still this bizarre practice of the most vital parts of the moveset being the most obscurely explained. If you were a lot clearer on moves such as the Up-Special, Kingdra would have gotten much better reception

And it's a genuine shame you decided not to include the section explaining Kingdra's prowess on stages with water elements in them, as Kingdra feels a little incomplete without that knowledge

wrkngclsshr:
That's an excellent piece of criticism. A ranking system from a purely virginic perspective is greatly welcomed, and your willingness to explore our ingrained habits (we all use the informal talking voice in movesets) is pretty enlightening.
My criticism for your criticism then, is that you do not touch on nearly enough of the aspects of the moveset to fully justify the fact you gave it a score. When Smady comments, he is as thorough as possible, acknowledging both the cosmetic and the mechanical qualities of the moveset. This way, the reasons behind his final grading, are obvious, though not always agreeable.

Incidentally, I saw what you did Smady. And I massively disapprove of retro-active star removal. :madbee:

Plorf

Smash Apprentice
Alright, Junahu, since I agree with you and most of your points here, I'm going to cut right to what I need to say. Mainly, that's about the whole water attacks deal-- I added a situationals section WITH the water attacks and all that, but evidently people didn't love that. Still though, what exactly did you have in mind for that water-element aspect?

I think KK's on the right track here, more movesets is a good thing

Also, hooray for postmortem opinion correction :madbee:

32º Centigrade

Smash Rookie
Wow. I've almost finished writing a set, and now wrkngclsshr's comment makes me almost want to write the whole thing over again. I'm definitely going to edit out all the "you"s.

Agi

Smash Lord
I was browsing the BITF boards and found Make Your Move. Reading through it I saw a large move set by someone named agidius and was thus led here. I decided to join as it looked rather interesting, but I cannot imagine coming up with a move set massive and intricate enough to compete. Nonetheless I qua nerd shall attempt it.

Prepare for a dreadful attempt XD
Hey there, glad to see that one of you guys made it over here! As everyone has said, don't worry about our... increasingly ridiculous standards. As long as you put a noticeable effort into making your moveset, chances are you'll find we're an accepting bunch. :bee:

That said, any thoughts on what you're making for your first set?

Fried Rice

Smash Rookie
Hey there, glad to see that one of you guys made it over here! As everyone has said, don't worry about our... increasingly ridiculous standards. As long as you put a noticeable effort into making your moveset, chances are you'll find we're an accepting bunch. :bee:

That said, any thoughts on what you're making for your first set?
I am considering Kumatora from Mother 3.

Smady

Smash Master
Mother 3 movesets are always welcome - the last time I remember was a terrible Masked Man in like MYM5, so you don't have much to live up to. I'm sure MT can verify just how terrible that Masked Man was.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
We interrupt your regular broadcast of commenting on comments for something different

Miles Edgeworth is the main prosecutor of the first Phoenix Wright game,
the prosecutor for Justice for All's 4th case, and the defense attorney for the first half of the 5th case of Trials and Tribulations.
He's also the main character of Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth. In the games, he's a cold guy, with doing absolutely anything to get the defendant guilty. However, after losing a case to his rival Phoenix Wright, he begins to develop character, as we learn more about his past, and eventually, he isn't a total cold hearted jerk everyone makes him out to be.

As said before, he's a prosecutor, and a pretty darn good one at that. He is trained under Manfred Von Karma, who has a daughter named Franziska, who has a somewhat of a brother/sister relationship between Edgeworth. He also has a sidekick detective, named Dick Gumshoe (that's seriously his name), but whether if he's reliable or not is a totally different question. He's also close friends with Phoenix Wright and Larry Butz, though Butz can be a bit of a annoyance sometimes.

In Smash Bros, he brings the law system and his British accent into the game. He'll do whatever he can to get the true murderer (or in this case, the opponent Edgeworth is facing) a GUILTY verdict. If you played the Phoenix Wright games, you'll be familiar with how Edgeworth plays, but even if you haven't, don't worry. Expect a lot of Logic and of course, OBJECTION!

Size - 7.5/10
Edgey is a rather tall character, rivaling the height of Ike.

Weight - 5.5/10
Edgeworth's pretty average here. He can survive a slight bit better than Mario.

Power - 3/10
Well, considering he IS a regular human being, he's not exactly a powerhouse or anything of that sort.

Ground Speed - 7.5/10
Edgeworth's done some decent work at the gym it seems.

Attack Speed - 7.5/10
While being just a regular human being, he CAN do some fast punches here and there.

Traction - 6/10
A bit above average here.

Jumps - 5/10
He's IS just a normal human being, so his jumps are normal.

Falling Speed - 5/10
Edgeworth is average here.

Range - 5/10
He's okay here. While most of his attacks revolve around getting close...an Objection should get you far...

Priority - 4/10
Edgey doesn't exactly have good priority. Most of his attacks can be outdone easily.

Recovery - 5/10
Rather standard recovery,...

Special Trait: Evidence
Before the match begins, you'll get an introductory paragraph about what's going on at the crime scene. This should help you with your investigation.

Evidence is everything in the Ace Attorney courtroom, and it's true to Edgeworth as well. With the help of the down tilt, neutral aerial, and pummel, Edgeworth can gather evidence to use his neutral special. Whenever you want to check your evidence list, perform any taunt, and a small list appear over Edgeworth's head, though it's large enough to be legible. Highlighting the evidence will have a small sentence explaining what it is. Press the B button to exit the evidence menu. You can't lose the evidence, even if you lose a stock, so don't worry. His A evidence will be highlighted red, while his X evidence blue, and Y is green.

Special Trait 2: Assistant
In Miles Edgeworth Investigations, Edgeworth is allowed to talk with his assistant, whoever that may be. In Brawl, he can choose between Detective Gumshoe, Franziska von Karma, and Kay Faraday. You can pick who you want your starting assistant to be by picking them on the character selection screen (similar to Pokemon Trainer). You can switch between them, via taunts (up will get you Gumshoe, while side will get Franziska, and down will get you Kay.) They'll never suffer any knockback whatsoever, so take advantage of this. When running/walking, they'll be right behind Edgeworth. When standing still, they'll be right beside Edgeworth.

Now what they actually do is that they act as Edgeworth's smash attacks. Each assistant will get you a different set of smash attacks. They'll also come with their own personal stats.

Neutral Special - Objection!
You all saw this coming, didn't you? Edgeworth stretches his arm, and points his finger forward, yelling, "Objection!" which also lets out the trademark Objection bubble. This effects the closest opponent in front within a 2.5 stage builder block range, and it's also pretty fast, with hardly any beginning lag, though it has somewhat heavy ending lag.

What this move triggers is that it forces the opponent to "testify." What this does is that both the opponent and Edgeworth will immediately stop fighting, and the opponent will say one statement, about how the crime case was committed (each character will get a unique case and will be explained later). In a 1 vs 1 battle, the opponent's testimony will take over the entire screen, while with 3 more or players, it'll be big enough to read while fighting. Note that this move CAN be blocked (as the shield protects the opponent from hearing Edgeworth's Objection.)

You can then look for flaws/contradictions, and point it out by showing evidence to the flawed statement. Open up your evidence while you're cross examining, and press the A, X, or Y button (1 and 2 buttons on the Wiimote) to present your evidence on the statement. If you successfully point out the flaw, Edgeworth will let out an over confident shrug and the opponent will freak out a bit. Then, the opponent will regain control. Now, if you can do this 3 times, the opponent majorly freaks out and they lose a stock, making this Edgeworth's main way to KO. After that, Edgeworth's evidence will be completely gone.

However, making a mistake will automatically end the cross examination, and Edgeworth will go, "I object! That was...objectionable!" and then be stunned for 2 seconds. Also, if you stay don't think fast, the cross examination will immediately end after 4 seconds, and the opponent can't testify for 5 seconds. Overall, you should use this when you have all your evidence.

Using the Side Special on the statement will get Edgeworth to shout, "Hold it!" This will not effect Edgeworth whatsoever, and will get Edgeworth a hint to what evidence to use (though it's not blantly obvious). Also, if the opponent manages to reach 100% worth of damage, the testimony statement and evidence that contradict each other will be highlighted red, helping those out who are not good at thinking.

Anyway, here are 3 cases (and more might come if I'm not too lazy), with how to solve them. (and FYI, i suck at writing case stories, so don't expect anything good). These cases are simply examples by the way. Use your imagination for other characters.
Code:
[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]Turnabout Mushrooms[/COLOR][/SIZE] 

Introductory Paragraph: Murder has happened in the Mushroom Kingdom as Mario's younger brother, Luigi, has been killed! Looks as if he was stabbed to death. This all seems to have happened in the Mushroom Kingdom kitchen. The murder weapon is obviously a knife, and apparently, the blamed suspect is none other than Peach! Mario seems to have witnessed this crime. However, Peach says it isn't her. If it wasn't her, then who...? 
Victim: Luigi 
Suspect: Peach 
The real criminal: Mario 

[B]Evidence:[/B] 
[I]A Button:[/I] The Knife: The Murder Weapon. Use was stabbing. 
[I]X Button: [/I]Mario's Cape: Discovered at the scene of the crime. 
[I]Y Button:[/I] Creampuff Cake: Bares Peach's fingerprints. Requires 2 hands to hold. 

[U]Mario Testimony 1: [/U]
I was busy entering the Mushroom Kingdom cafe, when suddenly, I heard a scream! There i saw Peach grabbing a knife, and preparing to slice Luigi! 

Present The Knife on this statement. The cause of death was a stabbing. Why does Mario confuse it with a slice? Mario claims he forgot about it, and it's a small contradiction either way, so....

[U]Mario Testimony 2: [/U]
Peach was obsessed with murder in her eyes. I yelled out, "Stop it!" to try stop any unneccessary bloodshed. I never went into the cafe however. 

Should be obvious for this one. Present Mario's cape on this statement. This shows that Mario WAS at the crime scene. Mario claims that he just forgot again. Please Mario. That won't work twice in a roll.

[U]Final Mario Testimony: [/U]
Okay, I lied, but only because i felt hesitant about selling out Peach like this. I clearly saw Peach holding the knife! She was only holding the knife, and nothing possibly else! After the knife stabbing, Luigi fell onto a cake. And that...is the truth. 

Present the Creampuff Cake on this statement. It bears Peach's fingerprints, and requires 2 hands to hold. Now unless Peach has a hidden third hand somewhere, it would be impossible for Peach to be the killer. Mario freaks out by throwing fire balls everywhere, and collapsing. This case...is closed.

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Lime"]Turnabout Hero[/COLOR][/SIZE] 
Introductory Paragraph: In a local farm, countless things were burnt to death as it was set ablaze on fire! Ganondorf was seen at the crime scene, but he claims he didn't do it (for once)! Ganondorf begs and begs, but no one will believe. Link seems to have witnessed the crime...but is there more to it than meets the eye? 
Victim: Lon Lon Ranch Owner, and a dozen farm animals 
Suspect: Ganondorf 
Real Criminal: Link 

[I]A Button:[/I] Ripped Red Tunic Cloth: Said to belong to a tunic resistant to fire. 
[I]X Button: [/I]Fire Rod: Said to be the creator of the fire. 
[I]Y Button:[/I] Milk Bottle: Said to be tasty. Found in Link's pocket. 

[U]Link Testimony 1:[/U] 
Hyuh!!!! I mean...I was at the scene of the crime, yes. I felt the weather get extremely hot. I thought it was because it was summer, but...then i heard Ganondorf's maniacal laugh and saw his hideous shadow. I have no idea how Ganondorf caused that fire. Maybe it was his magic?  

Present the Fire rod on the statement. Perhaps the Fire Rod caused the fire? Link had also "dropped" it, which is unlikely as Link carefully takes care of his equipment. Link says he had to use the fire rod for something at the farm... 

[U]Link Testimony 2:  [/U]
I recieved a message from the farm owner the other day. It told me to meet him at the farm, as he needed help to light something up. That's why i brought my fire rod along with me. I didn't ask for anything in return, because I'm nice like that. HYUH!! 

Now, present the Bottle on the statement. This was found in Link's pocket, and is the property of the farm. It's also very delicious, giving Link a motive for the crime. Link didn't want to seem rude it seems, and will testify once more.  
[U] 
Final Link Testimony [/U]
This is becoming ridiculous. Hyuh! Why would I want Milk Bottles, when I can buy them for 20 rupees? That gives me no actual motive.  Besides, it would mean I would risk getting burnt to death.

Using the side special on Statement B will get you a, "Milk Bottle" piece of logic. 

To wrap this case up, present the Ripped Red Tunic on the statement. It was discovered at the crime scene, belongs to Link, and it protects him from the fire. Link then freaks out, and screams, "Hyuh! Hyuh!" like crazy. Link loses a stock, and case closed.  

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Plum"]Turnabout Star[/COLOR][/SIZE] 
Introductory Paragraph: Seems like someone's been eating a lot lately...particularly, it is Dedede! Apparently he ate up fellow MYMer SirKibble by sucking him up! This causes a commotion throughout the Dreamland kingdom and MYM. Apparently, Kirby has witnessed this crime. Is he a reliable witness..? I think we all know the answer to that one.  
Victim: SirKibble 
Suspect: Dedede 
Real Criminal: Kirby 

[I]A Button:[/I] Hammer: Found at the scene of the crime. Dedede claims that it's not his. 
[I]X Button: [/I]SirKibble Helm: Seems to be the only thing that wasn't sucked up. A bit bent. 
[I]Y Button:[/I] Kirby's Hat: Found at the scene of the crime. Seems to allow Kirby to change into any form. 

(FYI: The misspellings are intentional to help him feel like Kirby). 

[U]Kirby Testimony 1: [/U]
I saw hium! It wash Dedede! He suuuck him up bahd! I didnt stop hiem because i was suucking cake! I never entered the wroom. 

Yeah...Not exactly the best testimony is it? 

Present the Kirby's hat on the statement. It's obvious that he's lying. Kirby explains that he DID try to stop Dedede apparently... 

[U]Kirby Testimony 2:  [/U]
Ohkay, i entered the wroom. Buht, I still witnessed the crime! Dedede first knocked be away with his hahmmer! I then dropped something i believe. 

Yeah...The spelling errors will stop in the next testimony...  

Present the Hammer on the statement. Dedede says it's not his. Kirby then says he's just lying to cover him up, but Kirby also claimed that he dropped something. Could it be this hammer? Kirby then puts on his serious face...It's go time. 

[U]Final Kirby Testimony: [/U]
Okay, I accidently dropped my hammer...but does that change anything? He stole my hammer and used the hammer to stun SirKibble! Dawgfood was then dizzy and stuff. 

Present the SirKibble helm on the statement. This proves that Kibble was protected from such impact. This allowed him to fight back. Suddenly, you can hear Kibble's cries from Kirby's stomach. Kirby then spits him out, and does his usual happy dance. He still loses the stock...but he isn't charged for murder or anything...huh. Kibble then says he'll return in 1 more year. Kibble. (cry2) 

...And that's how you cross examine basically. I might add another case if i stop being lazy, but otherwise, don't expect updates or anything.
Side Special - Hold It!
Edgeworth points forward, and lets out a valiant, "Hold it!" with little to no beginning or ending lag. This will cause any opponents about to perform an attack with in a 2.5 stage builder block range to stop. The opponent then can choose to hold down the A or B button. If they choose not to do either, Edgeworth's next action is guaranteed to work anyway. Anyway, if Edgeworth can predict what the opponent picked, Edgeworth will let out a, "Take That!" This will cause the opponent unable to use the attack they just did for 15-22 seconds. Predict the wrong one, and Edgeworth will be stunned for 2 seconds.

You can also use this during testimonies too. Scroll up for more info.

Up Special - Ladder
Edgeworth points into the air, yelling, "Ladder!" and a ladder magically appears (yeah, it's a prop. What are you going to do?) which has little lag at either ends. This allows Edgeworth to climb the 4 stage builder block ladder, which takes about 2 seconds. Opponents can climb the ladder as well. What's interesting here is that it allows Edgeworth to perform his aerials, but it allows him to stay in place. Go to the aerials for more information. Ladder disappears after 10 seconds.

Down Special - Prosecutor's Bribe
Edgeworth will go talk to an opponent nearest to him within 1.5 stage builder blocks. This has little beginning, but above average ending lag. Suddenly, Edgeworth will offer a deal with his opponent. If Edgeworth gives the opponent away one piece of his evidence, the opponent will not be able to perform certain attacks for 5 seconds. Giving away an A evidence will stop tilts, while X will prevent smash attacks, and green will forbid aerials. Besides that reason, why would you want to give away evidence? Well, for starters, if Edgeworth manages to KO someone with Objection or any other method and the opponent happens to be holding evidence, they won't lose it. This means after you present the right evidence on the opponent's testimony, you can give that evidence to the opponent and you can eliminate the need for looking for that evidence again. Using this move again when the opponent already has a piece of evidence will allow Edgeworth to switch evidence. Now only their was a way to get it back...

Neutral A Attack - Edgeworth Attack
Edgeworth swings his briefcase 3 times he always carries around. Each hit does 3-4% damage, with flinching knockback for the first 2 hits, and little knockback on the last hit. Surprisingly, Edgeworth has enough arm strength to have little to no lag on the swings. All the swings reach half a stage builder. It has rather meh priority. Standard combo for Edgeworth.

Side Tilt - Finger Point
Edgeworth points his finger forward, which is the exact same animation as the neutral special (well, minus the Objection! bubble). Anyone hit by the finger itself will suffer a rather mesely 7% damage, with little knockback. Not only that, it has meh priority, and range only reaches only half a stage builder block. It is rather fast however, having little to no lag at either ends. So why would you EVER use this move you ask? Well, anyone within a 1.5 stage builder block range that's shielding will have their shield drained a decent amount, nearly rivaling Marth's neutral special.

Up tilt - Upwards Strike
Edgeworth swings his briefcase upwards, in a 180 degree arc, reaching half a stage builder block. This deals off 10% damage, with flinching knockback. This has okay priority, and has little lag at both ends. Rather standard attack, but pressing the A button again will have Edgeworth follow it up with a Shoryuken! jumping uppercut, that deals off an extra 6-7% damage with okay knockback. Beginning speed and priority is still the same though the range reaches a full stage builder block upwards and has above average ending lag.

Down tilt - Examine
Edgeworth crouches down, and examines the ground. This only takes a second to perform. This is not an attacking move whatsoever, but instead, it actually benefits Edgeworth as it can get Edgeworth an Logic piece. It depends on the last attack that the opponent did on the same spot. If the opponent has done a jab or tilts on the spot, Edgeworth will get a red evidence, while smash attacks or grabs will get you a blue evidence. If the opponent has not done an attack on the spot, Edgeworth will shake his head, and suffer a second of lag. Edgeworth cannot do this on the same spot over and over. Note that even the slightest amount of flinch from getting hit will cancel this move out.

Dash Attack - Briefcase Shove
As the name suggests, Edgeworth shoves his briefcase in front of him, dealing off 11-12% damage with okay forward knockback. This moves Edgeworth half a stage builder block forward, with hardly any lag at both ends. This has okay priority. This can be used for shoving opponents out of the way, allowing Edgeworth to examine the ground.

Refer to Special Trait 2 if you're confused.

Detective Gumshoe

Gumshoe is a pretty big guy, rivaling the size of Ganondorf. He runs fast enough to catch up to Edgeworth, but he's the slowest of the 3 assistants. In the games, he's actually kind of dumb for a detective, but he still has some detective skills he brings into Smash Bros...

Forward Smash - Detective Charge
Gumshoe gets all eagered up, and marches on the spot. He'll then charge straight 2 stage builder blocks forward, his shoulder forward. Anyone running into Gumshoe will suffer 16% damage with okay knockback uncharged, while it does 20% damage with good knockback fully charged. While it has good priority, it has lag comparable to Ike's forward smash at both ends. Note that this will make Gumshoe away from Edgeworth, so it'll take some extra time for him to walk back to him.

Up Smash - Arm Wrestle
Gumshoe stretches his arms out, and holds it above his head for 2 seconds. During these 2 seconds, Edgeworth is allowed to run without Gumshoe following you. That said, if an opponent walks in Gumshoe's way, Gumshoe will grab the opponent's arms and stop the opponent in their tracks for 2 seconds, with 10-15% damage (depending on charge) dealt to them. This has a bit of beginning lag, and above average ending lag if it fails to capture someone. This is meant to stop opponents in their tracks while Edgeworth gets away and collects evidence.

Down Smash - Cross Examination
Edgeworth points and orders Gumshoe to examine the spot he's on. If done correctly, Gumshoe will let out a thumbs up, and you get a whole new piece of evidence. Like Edgeworth's down tilt, if the opponent has done a jab or tilts on the spot examined, Edgeworth will get red evidence, while smash attacks or grabs gets you blue evidence. If the opponent has not done an attack on the spot, Gumshoe will scratch his head and suffer a second of lag.

Superior to down tilt in everyway, since Gumshoe can't suffer knockback right? Well this move takes a whole 3 seconds to perform (1 second if fully charged) and Edgeworth needs to get to Gumshoe to claim his evidence (so it's best to make Edgeworth stay where he used this move). Also, if the opponent gets to Gumshoe before Edgeworth, the opponent will steal the evidence, thus making the down smash use a waste of time. Finally, if Gumshoe is hit by 30% worth of damage, the move is cancelled, and the opponent steals the evidence. If only there was a way to get it back...

Franziska von Karma

Franziska is the most well rounded of the 3 assistants. She's about the size of Link. She's a ruthless woman obsessed with perfection. That's no different in Smash Bros (well, minus the perfection part, but...)

Forward Smash - Whip Lash
Franziska uses her whip to lash out 3 whip attacks, and then pose at the end with her free hand holding the end of the whip above her head. Each attack will do 4% damage (6% fully charged) with flinching knockback on the first 2 hits, while the third hit causes the opponent to collapse to the ground. Ouch. This has beginning lag comparable to Fox's forward smash, while ending lag is comparable to Bowser's. Has okay priority, with attacks reaching 3/4ths a stage builder block.

Up Smash - Smack Down
Franziska quickly sends his whip straight upwards and it stays that way for a second (3 seconds if fully charged). Anyone caught in will be forcibly dragged down to the ground in front of Edgeworth with a nice 15% damage. This has little beginning lag, but somewhat heavy ending lag if it doesn't catch an opponent. This has decent priority. This can be used to help Edgeworth set up.

Down Smash - Whip Hold
Franziska uses her whip by motioning it straight forward, reaching out a decent 1.5 stage builder blocks. Suddenly, anyone within that range will suffer 10-15% damage and can't move for 1-3 seconds (depending on charge). The opponent will then break free. This move has little beginning lag, but somewhat heavy ending lag. This has okay priority. Note that this cannot be used again if the opponent is already trapped by a whip. This can be used to hold down opponents while Edgeworth is using Logic or something.

Kay Faraday

Kay is the fastest of the assistants. She's a bit shorter than Link. She's a "peppy" kind of girl, but she's certainly reliable when needed.

Forward Smash - Thief Steal
Kay dashes forward, at the speed of Fox's running speed. If Kay runs past an opponent within 2 stage builder blocks, she'll do 10% (14% fully charged) damage...with no knockback? Instead, the opponent will be confused for 2 seconds, trying to find out what Kay did. This move is rather fast, with it's speed comparable to Mario's forward smash. It has rather poor priority though.

Now if someone has a piece of evidence given via down special or stolen from Gumshoe's down smash, Kay will steal it back, and charge back to Edgeworth at Fox's speed. This is the only way to get your evidence back if it's stolen. It can also be used to steal items when they're on, and also stuff like Link's bombs.

Down Smash - Overtaker
Kay will jog on the spot for 2 seconds, and any opponent in walking into Kay's way will have her quickly jumping off the opponent, dealing off 13% damage (17% fully charged), with okay knockback. This has little beginning lag, but average ending lag if it doesn't hit an opponent. This has okay priority. Like Kay's forward smash, it can steal back any evidence the opponent stole and items too.
Up Smash - Little Thief

Kay takes a small device out of her pocket, and shines it into the air, which takes only a second and a half. Suddenly, the stage transforms into illusion images of the opponent on the exact location they did their attacks (though they'll always be at least a stage builder block apart), thus making it alot more easier to go find each location that needs to be examined. This will last 10 seconds uncharged, while fully gets you 20.

You can also create your own illusion image by first doing the attack you want to create an illusion for first, and then immediately (within 2 seconds) use this move. This is the only way for Edgeworth to get evidence by examining himself. Not an attacking move. Doing this move while the illusion images are already up will refresh the images, updating any attacks the opponent recently did.

Neutral Aerial - Aerial Examine
Edgeworth will cross his arms, and...that's it. Doing this on a spot other than when an opponent did an aerial attack will get you nowhere. Doing this on an aerial attack spot though will get you a green piece of evidence. However, you need to do this 3 times on the same spot as you're jumping around though. Using your up special in unison with this move however can get you the evidence piece in just one try and second. This is not an attacking move.

Forward Aerial - Brief Swing
Edgeworth swings his briefcase vertically forward two times, each dealing off 5-6% damage, with little knockback at the end. The range is 3/4ths of a stage builder block forward. This has little lag at both ends with okay priority to boot. Basic attack for Edgeworth. Nothing special here.

Backwards Aerial - Flying Papers
Edgeworth will open up his suitcase behind him, causing numerous flying papers to fly out (12 in total), each travelling 1.5 stage builder blocks, and dealing 1% damage with flinching. This has only a bit of beginning lag, with hardly any ending lag at all. The papers have little priority (obviously). Mainly used as a damage racker for Edgeworth.

Down Aerial - Briefcase Dive
Edgeworth aims his briefcase flat downwards, and attempts to use it as cushion as he falls. Anyone in the way as Edgeworth travels down will receive 13% damage with okay knockback. This has little beginning lag, though it has somewhat heavy ending lag if it crashes into the ground (you can cancel the move by pressing the A button again). This has decent priority.

Upwards Aerial - Whisper In The Wind
Edgeworth will open up his briefcase above him, and quickly snap it shut, dealing off 11-12% damage with okay knockback. This has okay range, reaching only what's directly above Edgeworth. This also is a very fast move, with hardly any beginning lag, and only average ending lag. This has decent priority surprisingly. Overall, an nice move for Edgeworth to smack away above opponents.

Grab
Edgeworth "grabs" the opponent by pointing forward, and yelling out, "Hold It!" This will cause anyone within a stage builder block range to be "grabbed" by stopping in their tracks and facing Edgeworth. This has little beginning lag, but somewhat heavy ending lag if it fails to grab someone. Note that this is the same animation as the side special.

Pummel - Talk
Edgeworth will, believe it or not, just casually talks with his opponent he just grabbed. There are no throws whatsoever (besides, what kind of person talks politely and shoves them away?) Anyway, button mashing the A button for at least 2-3 seconds will get Edgeworth a random evidence piece, but it CAN be an evidence Edgeworth has. This functions as a regular pummel would except there is no damaging the opponent. When the opponent breaks away from the grab, both Edgeworth and the opponent simply walks half a stage builder block away. You can only get one evidence per grab.

Perfect Prosecutor
Edgeworth has grabbed the Smashball! Suddenly, he thinks to himself, "What would HE do in a situation like this?...Turn it all around, that's what!" (this is an obviously referring to Edgeworth's rival, Phoenix Wright.) Edgeworth then gets 2 new evidence pieces, that Edgeworth doesn't have. Also, when you decide to make the opponent testify, any evidence can presented to any statement to help Edgeworth get the desired KO without the flinching or being shocked. Not only that, he won't take any knockback when he's hit, whatsover. He also won't lose his evidence either. This lasts for 15 seconds, so act fast!

Edgeworth relies a lot on his specials, but it's better to wait until later in the game to talk more about this...that is when Edgeworth collects all 3 neccessary evidence. His main way to get evidence is, of course, his down tilt. When you see your opponent has done the attack you wanted them to do, quickly rush in with your dash attack, and use your down tilt. Obviously though, smart opponents aren't going to just stand there and let you take your time. How do you make sure trouble doesn't start?

For starters, and the most basic one is to go and send opponents flying away. Common attacks that allow you to do this is the previously mentioned dash attack, Gumshoe's forward smash, the standard combo, and the majority of the aerials. For course, there is always Gumshoe's down smash which takes a bit longer, but cannot be interrupted, provided that Gumshoe isn't knocked out before he finishes. This is where Edgeworth jumps in as a shield, and protects Gumshoe. If you don't like the idea of using Edgeworth as live bait, use your partners as them. Gumshoe's up smash will help against opponents just rushing in, and will do some damage as well. Franziska's moves can ground opponents pretty easily, though the down smash is similar to Gumshoe's up smash. They'll be able to buy you with at least 2 seconds of time if you move quickly and wisely.

You can also use the pummel to talk for your evidence, as you'll nearly be guaranteed to get evidence this way, at least once. Now getting your green evidence is a different story. Your aerials, of course, can send opponents away easily, but using the neutral aerial on the same spot 3 times can be a bit of an annoyance. That's why we have Edgeworth's up special, which not only is an okay recovery, but also allows Edgeworth to use any aerial on one spot, allowing him to knock away opponents who try to intercept, while using his neutral aerial for his green evidence.

Say your opponent decides to not attack, and stall the match out by running away. You can still collect evidence via Kay's up smash. Not only can you know exactly where your opponent did an attack, but also you can create your own illusion, so you can use the down tilt/neutral aerial on yourself. Just note that this doesn't last long, so seize the opportunity. In the event of spammers, use Edgeworth's side special to cancel out a single strong attack for a long while, or his down special to cancel out a majority of attacks for a short while.

After you get all your evidence, it's time for a little Objection! After you present the right evidence to the right statement, you're allowed a little break before using the move again. What can you do during this time? Use Edgeworth's down special to give the evidence you just used to your opponent for safe holding, and not only that, you get to cancel out one of your opponent's moves for a bit. This is really helpful, because if you are still collecting evidence at this time, this will help collect the right ones. If you want to get your evidence back, use Kay's forward smash for an easy getaway, or down smash to knock opponents away. Of course, presenting the right evidence could be a problem. Use your brain for once, and think logically. If you really can't figure it out, damage racking to 100% damage will give you the answer. Shouldn't be too hard of a problem, as Franziska's attacks, the standard combo, forward aerial, and so on can damage rack with ease. Either that, go on gamefaqs.com or something.

Overall, Edgeworth shouldn't be too hard to control. It'll take sometime to get used to though. Edgeworth will want to use his down tilt a lot, and his partners as well. He can choose to protect his partners, or use them as practical meat shields. Good luck using Edgeworth, and where there is a contradiction...there is a solution.

Extras!

Taunts
With Gumshoe
Up Taunt:
Edgeworth does his signature, "Tsk, tsk" hand motion, while Gumshoe just stands there confused.

Side Taunt:
Edgeworth crosses his arms in thought, while Gumshoe starts thinking in his mind as well. Of course, it's something stupid.

Down Taunt:
Edgeworth says outloud, "By my hand, I will find the precious gem of truth!" Gumshoe applauds him by clapping.

With Franziska
Up Taunt:
Franziska prepares to whip Edgeworth, but Edgeworth quickly yells out, "Hold on to that whip!"
Side Taunt:
Franziska and Edgeworth both cross their arms in thought.

Down Taunt:
Edgeworth will say, "That's all you got? I believe the proper phrase here is 'you fail.'" Franziska just stares at Edgeworth.

Kay Faraday
Up Taunt
Kay lets out a, "Come on, Mr. Edgeworth!" Edgeworth just sighs.

Side Taunt
Kay and Edgeworth pose dramatically, with her scarf, and his frills ruffle in the air. Her scarf gets in his face however, causing him to utter, "Kay...you might wanna tone the ruffling down a bit."

Down Taunt
Edgeworth presents evidence to Kay, and Kay wants to play with it. Obviously, he puts it away immediately.

Victory Poses
With Gumshoe
Victory #1
Edgeworth smiles, and says, "Good work Gumshoe. I'll see it that you'll get the raise that you deserve." Gumshoe is extremely happy, and hugs Edgeworth, suffocating him.
Victory #2
Edgeworth talks to Gumshoe by saying, "Did you learn anything during this bout?" Gumshoe just looks around confused, with Edgeworth saying, "This is exactly why your salary keeps on getting cut..."

With Franziska
Victory #1
Edgeworth and Franziska both bow down elegantly.
Victory #2
Franziska starts to whip the opponents they just defeated, causing them to cower in fear, while Edgeworth just stands there, amused.

With Kay
Victory #1
Edgeworth and Kay perform their side tilt again.
Victory #2
Kay cheers, and says, "Lets celebrate by watching the Jammin' Ninja movie!" Edgeworth says, "Hmm...I say that the Steel Samurai is more entertaining." Kay asks, "Why?" Edgeworth then replies, "...No particular reason."

Snake Codec
Snake: Who's the guy with the frills, Colonel?
Colonel: That's Miles Edgeworth, Snake. He's a well respected prosecutor.
Snake: Prosecutor? That's the guy who tries to prove the suspect guilty in court right?
Colonel: That's right Snake. He'll do nearly anything to get that verdict.
Snake: Huh...tough case.
Colonel: You shouldn't need to worry Snake. You haven't done anything illegal...have you?
Snake: ...Well, I, uhhh...
Colonel: *Sigh*

Author's note: I would like to thank MT and HR for previewing this set for me, and Capcom for creating a great game series. I find this set to be my best set yet, though it is a bit unsmash
Which means people like Junahu will hate this set.

Smady

Smash Master
Here's some terrible reading video I made for Miles Edgeworth; ouch. I'll edit my comment into this post at a later date until I see some activity other than my own - to not suck up any more of this page's space. Despite some high lag, the moveset seems quite good at a skim.

Ah, another Twilt moveset so soon? That can only make me happy. Miles Edgeworth.

There are some major problems here-or-there with technicalities - 2 ½ stage builder blocks, for example, is oft-used and a sizeable distance; as was the more obvious problem with Lunge, most of Edgeworth’s best moves are lofty and require the match to temporarily halt as long as the opponent is on the same platform. While Lunge only did this at the start of a battle, Edgeworth is doing it throughout and I’m not sure if you handled this whole thing as efficiently as you could have. An example of misplaced lag is easiest to pick out in that down tilt – two seconds to get evidence which you need to KO, that’s six seconds in all just collecting evidence and that’s if you are successful the first time. You really throw around that “one second” marker a lot, creating skewed numbers that don’t really fit, but the proportions, I suppose, are correct.

I have to say, though, that I love your inclusion of the assistants, even if it hadn’t serve as a major part of the moveset: feels very old-school MYM to have this kind of silly choice and yes, this is accurate for Investigations what with ME always being followed around by one of these three. Why you gave them health, I do not know – if Edgeworth can’t use his Smashes, he’s significantly underpowered as he pretty much needs them to gain evidence. Along with the down special, this is the one case where Edgeworth acts very out-of-character within the AA universe – when did an assistant die exactly in AA5, even for ten seconds? It’s not like they aren’t all relatively balanced or overpowered: these would work fine as just regular smash attacks. I suppose it forces you to switch around, but I don’t think you needed to go so far.

With some more time and effort, I actually feel these smashes would a lot of the time be more appropriate at other inputs, but you probably wanted to keep it more organised than that. For example, Kay’s Little Thief move which, while vague, also doesn’t really jump off the page as a smash attack. Just to nitpick some more, it’s really odd that in this Edgeworth moveset, you’d be either seeing the assistant all the time whenever he’s stood still or when they use their smashes – could have been done a little cleaner.

This is all ignoring the biggest problem in this moveset, generic inputs that don’t flow whatsoever, mostly those making use of ME’s rather random briefcase. It’s a shame, as what else you built up with your evidence mechanic is interesting and, except the distorted numbers or janky assistant mechanics, actually could work, in my mind. There’s really little point in Edgeworth using many of these moves other than simply wanting the foe to “GTFO,” at which point he has plenty of non-generic moves capable of the very same. It just seems like you ran out of ideas with some of these inputs.

The playstyle is fairly interesting, with the section itself being one of your best, Twilt. Edgeworth actually does seem viable, somehow and that’s all down to your own efforts in making this very complex evidence mechanic seem plausible. The Raiden up special [ladder] is kind of goofy, but in tandem with the neutral air, a smart link that is neat. Still, there is some bad that could easily have been avoided with: cool down on long-range moves, even more emphasis on special trait one and spreading out of the assistants to the pointless inputs, as they’re always standing next to Edgeworth anyway for his grabs and tilts – his weakest areas.

Overall, I’d say this was a hell of a lot better than Joshua and probably my favourite of yours, Twilt. It just oozes Ace Attorney and feels like an advance over previous, gallant efforts by users like Kits, possibly going even further back to Mendez. It’s also really quite the lark – I enjoyed those badly-written scenarios; priceless stuff and many of the interactions are pure fan service for Ace Attorney fans like myself. However, much of this is probably lost on an outsider and there are some big errors of judgement what with all the insane lag, pointless briefcase and an area like the grabs feels pretty empty. To re-iterate, though, it’s my favourite moveset of yours ever and I’m hopeful to see what else you have planned.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
I remember Spadefox's Miles Edgesworth moveset he did back in MYM5, and how Gumshoe was a invincible pikmin who always followed you around. Spade's set had gathering evidence, and it could be presented with the Side Special to do up to 50%, which was a really cool idea back then. I remember him using a dog called Missile and the final smash was a man with a gun walking around the stage.

From what I've seen in my opinion, Miles Edgeworth is an extreme effort. You're definitely not wrong about him being your best. Commenting on stuff like playstyle has fallen out of my hand, but I'll specify the things I liked:

But first, I'll just point out from the moveset skimming, I didn't really understand what you meant by Kay's U-Smash "transforming" the stage, unless it's implied that the device simply creates rather than transforms.

While I don't know if Edgeworth does "Ladder" in the game, it's a very lolworthy move to me. But hey, every character has to have some infamously random move that directly comes from the fighting game, such as Capt Falcon's knee of justice of MK's tornado, or Peach's peach bomber. Gumshoe also provides heaps of wow/cool/funny, and the extras were also awesome.

There's also the idea of the verdict trial, which I like because it has to do with other characters and stuff, like Chief Mendez's Phoenix Wright moveset that has the character on trial as a stage, but yours goes into more detail.

Generally I won't comment on playstyle like I said, I'll leave it up to the others who do it. Im just here to give praise.

32º Centigrade

Smash Rookie
Miles Edgeworth: I agree with Smady on the generic attacks; they don't really flow or benefit the playstyle. That being said, I love this set. You took the complex trial mechanic and broke it down so people like me can understand. At first he seemed very un-Smash, and he is, but now I can see him in-game, at least with other MYM sets. Speaking of which, I would have liked to see some matchups, but I do feel as if I know how Edgeworth plays enough already. Well done.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@Miles Edgeworth: That's a pretty cool name. I've never played the Ace Attorney or Phoenix Wright or whatever games, so I had to read over the Neutral Special a couple of times to get the hang of it. It's like a super-delayed KO move, I suppose. It's an interesting concept. The rest of his specials are nice too, especially Ladder! Including other characters in the moveset seems to make Miles a bit more wholesome, though the fact that they don't really do anything when not used for Smashes seems kind of wasteful. The fact that they can be "KO'd" seems kind of unnecessary, really. Which reminds me, using a taunt to switch partners will bring up the evidence menu too, won't it? The rest of Miles' attacks that don't involve prosecution are pretty standard, although it's nice for him to be able to fight back like a normal character in a tough spot.

So overall, after I got past my initial confusion, Miles turned out to be a fun and interesting set. I don't really have any writing qualms to point out, either, except for maybe the numerous and somewhat unnecessary references to priority. Nice one, Steven. :bee:

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Ace Attorney is a pretty cool guy, eh gathers evidence and doesn't afraid of anything.

The Up Special was pretty clever also.

Smady

Smash Master

WEEZING

Who’s That Pokémon?

Link to Weezing playlist.​

Weezing is a Pokémon from the first-generation that resembles two heads connected by a lump of mass, levitating in mid-air and surrounded by toxic gas. Some may remember the Pokémon from the anime, as the Team Rocket member James uses one throughout or may do so solely due to his almost painful expression, being a mutation of two Koffings and evolved use of almost entirely poisoning attacks. In many ways, he resembles Muk – both being Pokémon born out of the toxic waste left by humans.

Weezing, Poison Gas Pokémon

In Smash, Weezing makes use of his ever-present gas that emits from his various exhausts located all around his person. Different kinds of gas aren’t stackable – the new gas will replace the old and Weezing is not affected by his own discharged toxins. It does not work on a grid – it spreads out in a very natural fashion dependant on how Weezing exudes it and immediately takes effect. To this end, he utilizes multiple different types of gas. Keep these in mind:

☢ Level 1 gas causes 1% damage per ½ second to foes whenever they’re in its radius and is violet in colour.
☢ Level 2 gas is the same as level 1 gas, but is dark purple in colour and causes constant flinching as soon as an enemy enters the gas.
☢ Level 3 gas is the same as level 1 gas, but is white and causes increased tripping.
☢ Level 4 gas causes 2% damage per ½ second and an everlasting “poison” effect that lingers on even after the foe has exited the gas, causing the same damage for five seconds, being a dark blue colour.

These effects do not stack, with the foe changing ‘gas types’ as he enters the changed gas, and only then being affected by the initial gas when he completely exits and then re-enters it.

Miscellaneous

In Smash, Weezing is around the mass of Dedede, crumpled into a ball and divided into two heads. His composition is goofy – he floats above ground, immune to attacks below where most characters have a waist, but also lacks the amount of speed needed to counter most moves. Weezing puffs along at a snail’s pace when he walks, with his dash not far improved. His jumps are also not particularly good – fairly below-average ‘hops’ upward that rival some of the heavier characters in Brawl for being cumbersome.

Where he has the advantage is in his manipulation of the gas he produces, just by naturally moving around the stage. Even when standing still, Weezing will produce level one gas that not only damages any opponent who steps into it, but can help him out in a multitude of different ways. It is also to be said, due to his natural levitation, he is as floaty as 1.15x Lucas, being a slow faller. This good DI is useful, however, as it aids him in spreading his gas far around the stage. It’s to be said that Weezing relies almost entirely on disjointed hitboxes, making his priority Godly and the opponent’s first objective to lock him down before he can dominate the stage with his gas.

In spite of his floaty nature, Weezing is fairly heavy, at around Link’s weight due to his large mass.

Specials

Neutral Special: Explosion

Weezing visibly tenses up, his eyes squinting and his exhaust holes tightening for a good seconds – this being interruptible and non-chargeable. After this, Weezing starts to turn ever so slightly scarlet then – explodes. For an extended amount of frames, a stage builder block radius around Weezing is engulfed in an inferno, lasting ¾ of a second, before relative normality returns – at the cost of severe end lag of about seconds for Weezing. Anyone caught in this inferno is dealt a clean 22% damage and vertical knockback, with a kill percentage around 120%. So, Weezing explodes for a short amount of time with extreme start-up and then suffers a terrible ending, moving on...

No, not quite – Weezing’s inferno will spread, at the rate of three stage builder blocks a second, across all the gas currently in the game that is linked to his current position. Any opponent caught in this fire suffers the same effects as someone caught in the initial explosion, as well as suffering effects similar to level four gas where toxic poisoning results. However, this erases all gas that the fire touches, meaning that Weezing has to re-saturate the stage with his gas and missing really isn’t an option when he’s already down and out due to the lag.

Despite being the first move in the set, this is usually best left until you’re almost guaranteed to kill with it. Throughout the attack, the move bypasses shields.

Side Special: Poison Gas

Weezing leans to one side, his exhaust pipes buffing up ever so slightly, followed by all of the surrounding gas being sucked in almost immediately, within a radius of a stage builder block around Weezing’s side; this process takes all of about ½ a second and dissipates the surrounding gas. From here on, the exhaust pipes on that side puff dark purple gas [purely aesthetical] signalling that they’re full. This can happen on both of Weezing’s sides. If a full side is then respectfully directed to along with the input, that side of Weezing will emit level two – flinching gas at a rate similar to the fire flower item, lasting about 2 seconds and dissipating almost instantly. This deals slight backward knockback that pushes them out of the move’s range, but also out of attacking range of Weezing.

Down Special: Solvent Indulgence

Opening his mouth for ¼ of a second first, Weezing breathes in all gases directly in front his body on the screen – he can move through his own gas without harm, so it’s safe to say he will be constantly sifting through his own discharged gas naturally, anyway. This, of course, dissipates the gas in question. Weezing’s two heads are now seen to be visibly holding air in their mouths – once the special input is pressed again, or until seconds have passed, he will widely open his mouth, releasing level two gas that dissipates very slowly, leaving level one gas – this flinching gas, however, spreads around Weezing, whereas normally gas stays where it is, getting to about a stage builder block around where it was initially exhaled.

Up Special: Steam Boat Weezing

Being already very good at recovering, Weezing has to rely on his already emitted gas to further advance in this area – when held, Weezing will lean slightly backward, exposing the exhausts on his back. At the same time, Weezing’s upper exhausts also start to suck in gas within a small radius of them – this sustaining a steady flow of level three gas, or smoke, coming out of his bottom exhausts which dissipates almost as fast as made. In the air, this simply extends his already floating nature – as long as there is gas above him, Weezing can slightly ascend. Likewise on the ground – Weezing can ascend infinitely as long as there is gas available.

Standards

Neutral or Jab: Smog

When the input is held, Weezing will stop in place and look almost directly at the screen – after about ½ a second, he will start to sway slightly from side-to-side, exuding level two gas. Unlike most other uses of this gas, this kind dissipates after as much as seconds of time has passed, but also spreads out to a distance of one stage builder block around Weezing, where it will remain as a barrier from any potential attacks for a maximum of seconds before causing Weezing end lag of a terrible seconds, otherwise ending with around half of that.

Dash Attack: Tackle

Positioned with his side toward the screen, Weezing makes a slight budge backward and then vaults with his back swinging forward one stage builder block, with a clean ¼ of a second of start-up and ½ a second of ending lag and doing 10% damage. From the initial back step up until the end of the move, Weezing has super armour against grabs, making this one of his few moves to have any invincibility – though this move is strictly to keep foes with a strong grabbing game from dominating Weezing.

Forward Tilt: Smoke Screen

Weezing leans so that the side opposite to the direction pushed is leaning downward, his exhausts on the front side tightening for around ¼ of a second before exuding level three – tripping gas which travels an sweeping, wind-like boosted distance of two stage builder blocks, tripping any opponent not shielding in that area. If the side used here has been filled with poison gas by the side special, Weezing will instead let out level four gas in a similar fashion. Both dissipate around 1 second after reaching their maximum distance.

Down Tilt: Sludge

Weezing again leans ever so slightly onto his back side away from the screen, facing diagonally up and with both sets of eyes looking downward. After around ½ a second, his bottom-right most exhaust shoots a liquid sludge in a straight direction that hits the ground almost directly beneath Weezing, and spreading across a platform for seconds before it reaches a spread of one stage builder blocks on the floor. This ‘puddle’ does not cause damage, but it will emit level two gas above it that reaches one-and-a-half stage building blocks above itself and continues like this for seconds before dissipating itself, along with the gas.

Up Tilt: Chimney

Leaning into the background ever so slightly, Weezing inhales all surrounding gas – though dissipating all that he gulps up, this part of the move is not required. After around ½ a second of this, Weezing will lean back severely and squint his eyes as his top exhausts fire out powerful streams of level two gas that travel up to four stage building blocks up, causing the usual effects. However, though the flinching nature of the gas subsides, it turns violet and becomes regular level one gas – capable of use in your up special.

Aerials

Neutral Air: Dirty Bomb

With a ¼ of a second of start lag, Weezing gasps air, leaning ever so slightly toward the screen and slightly squinting his eyes in frustration. Within a similar time span, he begins to emit level one gas out of his exhausts – from all sides – which spreads out to one two stage builder blocks around any given side of Weezing within ¾ of a second, but at the price of a slow falling rate. As long as the input is held, Weezing will go into a relative nose dive, falling 1.4x as fast as usual, ending with significant end lag of seconds and continuing with this rate of falling until he hits solid ground. This is generally your best way to spread gas around in the air.

Forward / Back Air: Opposite Exhaust

Simply, Weezing leans over to the respectful side, with the opposite side leaning downward, his exhausts gathering in any gas within a small radius of themselves in about ¾ of a second – immediately transferring over onto the other side of him, where they are discharged as level two gas that travels a distance of two stage builder blocks before dissipating into level one gas, resulting in 1½ seconds of ending lag for Weezing. This is an excellent gimping move due to the flinching damage caused by the gas, but can significantly mess with your recovery as you essentially divide a line with one gas on either side – but Weezing, of all Pokémon, won’t suffer from such a recovery nerf.

Down Air: Falling Tackle

If Weezing can use gas above him to remain elevated, why not the reverse? Weezing leans his top half into the background to reveal his bottom exhausts, his exhausts pumping away as they draw in all gas within a one stage builder block around him. This takes about ½ a second – at which point, Weezing drops with super armour and infinite priority, but at a speed equivalent to 1.1x as slow as his regular float. This also, however, causes 14% damage and a meteor smash if Weezing is directly above the opponent – this move only lasting as long as Weezing is surrounded by gas, as he constantly draws it on. If you somehow hit the ground with this move, Weezing will suffer horrible ending lag of seconds where he is completely vulnerable, while ending it in the air will cause Weezing to ‘puff’ out a large amount of level one gas that surrounds him at a radius of around two stage building blocks: high risk.

Up Air: Rising Tackle

Beginning with Weezing gasping in air for an easy ¼ of a second, he then leans into the background before immediately vaulting upward in the air with level one gas exuded out of his bottom exhaust pipes in a typical one stage building block radius fashion – hitting enemies above for 11% damage and low vertical knockback capable of killing only if the opponent is also, for some reason, higher in the air than Weezing is. As with his regular tackle, this move has super armour for the short period in which he is boosting upward, but suffers from a painful seconds of ending lag, with an extra ¼ if he misses.

Smashes

Forward Smash: Sludge Bomb

With the opposite side leaning downward, Weezing squints aggressively, as his exhausts tense harshly – dragging in any gas within one stage builder block, or up to two stage building blocks depending on the charge, which takes anything from ¾ of a second to . At this point, one to three of Weezing’s exhausts will fire sludge into a single point around one-and-a-half stage building blocks, which varies in size from a little smaller than a smash ball to double its size depending on how many exhausts are shot. From here, the sludge bomb falls in a downward arc that results in one to three stage builder blocks of platform being ‘watered’ by the sludge bomb, causing level four gas to emit from these areas up to half a block up, until they dissipate seconds later. Weezing suffers infinitesimal ending lag, but cannot move for the duration of the move, which is about of a second after he shoots the sludge.

Anyone who walks over the created puddles suffers the usual effects of level four gas as well as the continuing toxic effects, but if hit in the air, are burdened with these along with prolonged flinching knockback that lasts for 3 seconds and their attack speed lowered to 0.9x fast as normal, though no puddle is created.

Down Smash: Gaseous Exchange

Weezing hops about a stage building block into the air, then squints and bites down hard as exhaust pipes from all sides pull in gas – this lasts from ½ a second to seconds depending on charge. After this, Weezing opens his mouth to reveal white, level three gas pouring out around either side of him. From this point on, level three gas will be distributed instead of level one gas for 3-5 seconds depending on how much you charged. As stated at the top of the moveset, this produced gas will stack over any other gas lingering and dissipates after over 8 seconds, making Weezing a real problem if allowed to carry this out. Once his time’s up, Weezing will simply return to his normal level one gas production without any ending lag at all.

Up Smash: Massive Expulsion

As may have been guessed, Weezing leans into the background, gasping in as much gas [or air] as possible and after about ¾ - 1½ second(s), leans toward the screen and squints as his back exhaust pipes spread out gas up from two stage building blocks to four depending on charge over ½ a second, with Weezing immobile until discharging the gas. However, half of that distance is covered temporarily by level two gas, causing the usual flinching, “get away” knockback, dissipating into level one gas after around ½ a second.

☢ Note that, in the case of the smash attacks, the start lag on all of these moves is reduced to 0.85x as slow as normal given that Weezing has stored up poison gas with his side special beforehand, but this effect empties after one smash attack is performed.

Throws

Grab: Vacuum Pull

As with his tackle, Weezing turns to face the screen sideways, his back faced forward presumably toward the opponent. Weezing is seen noticeably squinting difficultly and shaking in an irritated way, as Weezing exhales air or gas at the same time as his exhausts starting to violently tense and pull in all gas around Weezing – as well as gas connected to that gas. As with the neutral special, every connected area of gas is affected, as it’s pulled in as long as they are indeed touching, in a fashion similar to a vacuum – gas directly a stage building block around Weezing is pulled in with less than ¼ of a second of lag, then the next building block is pulled in twice as fast and so on until every bit of gas around the stage connected to the original is pulled in. Though this has no real benefit, as Weezing is simply breathing it out, he can, in fact, inhale all of his connected gas if you hold the input long enough.

An opponent caught in this maelstrom beware, though – in similar ways to the gas, a close opponent is pulled in more and more as the gas further behind them pushes them in, with further away opponents suffering the least. This is quite a fast, difficult to escape grab if caught in the gas, but easily-escaped if you somehow avoid Weezing’s gas altogether.

☢ With the poison gas stored in his sides using the side special, Weezing pulls in enemies with his grab 1.15x faster.

Pummel: Passing Scent

With the enemy amassed on his back, Weezing starts to puff out blue, level four gas onto the opponent, with all the usual effects – the toxic time limit only taking effect when the opponent actually escapes the pummel, which is its entire point, as Weezing’s player and the enemy player mash away until the enemy character escape [or Weezing throws the opponent]. As per usual, the pummel is harder to escape if the opponent has a high percentage, which works to Weezing’s advantage entirely.

Directional Throw: Contaminated

Weezing squints and leans toward the screen, bringing the opponent higher up, then in about a ¼ of a second forces his exhaust pipes to blow an extreme amount of gas out, along with the opponent, with knockback depending on the opponent’s percentage – but difficult to kill with until over 210%. The point of this move is that the thrown foe will now be contaminated with level one gas, spreading it around as soon as he hits the floor for seconds. Not only does this mean Weezing can easily try to grab them again, but they also spread around gas for his general use for that period of time.

Final Smash

☢ Final Smash: Nuclear Reaction ☢

Weezing grabs the smash ball! As his gas causes constant damage, it’s no surprise. By execution of the input, Weezing’s face gets a close-up as the normally violet gas pouring out of him turns a dark purple – yes, he now naturally spreads level two gas as opposed to level one! Other amazing additions include: permanently charged poison gas, Explosion now has half the ending lag and any all past level one gas moves now concern level two, while level two now concerns level four.

The level two, flinching gas dissipates into level one gas, along with the final smash, after a meaty 17 seconds.

Playstyle

Playing as Weezing is a fight against time: your main objective will always be to spread gas around the stage, but you’ll want to be as meticulous as possible, given that many of your moves also consume gas and this is a detriment to both your important grabbing game and your really sole way of killing, your neutral special. Where you have to compensate is in your lack of speed and conventional ways of knocking back or damaging, as you rely heavily on manipulating your gas and the opponent’s foolishness to get in its way.

As stated, your first and constant objective should be to spread around your gas, mostly through neutral air or up smash – do this through moving around as well, but you want to keep tabs on what exactly you wish to accomplish. Just tagging the ground of a stage with gas is not always preferable – blowing it upward with up tilt is vital to killing airborne enemies with Explosion, as well as blowing it sideways with many of your forward and backward aerial. Most of Weezing’s moves shift his gas places and you need to keep that in mind if you have any hopes of winning.

Weezing’s one weakness is possibly that he can’t really defend himself all that well with just the gas, but you have plenty of moves that send out level two gas – capable of flinching and moves like the down smash or forward tilt are good for tripping opponents as well, despite taking some situational or laggy circumstances to pull off. Considering that your side special – poison gas – both reduces lag on smashes and makes your grab faster, use the tripping as an opportunity to store it up, but don’t make yourself too obvious. Remember that, as long as your opponent is in your gas, you can simply dodge them until you want to go for the explosion.

Though Weezing’s last concern is causing damage other than with his gas, he still has access to relatively useful tackle moves. With the dash attack, you can possibly keep grab-reliant enemies, who could otherwise possibly just grab through many of your defences, at a sensible distance. If your opponent is another fan of projectiles, just litter the stage’s prime camping locations with gas and most of the time, you will come out on top. One of Weezing greatest assets is his ability to fight all over the stage – in that way, he doesn’t really have any sort of counter.

There are a couple of important areas concerning your gas that really do need their own section in this playstyle description: your grab and your recovery. With your grab, you are best equipped for it when you have your gas most wide-spread, so moves like your neutral air used over a large area can help a lot in pulling in a large amount of gas. Remember to try and keep it simple – though many of your moves designed to keep your enemy away from you while you set up will drain gas, make sure you balance that with creating new gas so that you have connected lines of it in order to pull in your enemy. Once you’ve grabbed them, your pummel can waste them and your tagging of your gas to them really will swing the match in your favour, as you will have an immediate line of gas to follow if they’re close enough; catch 22 obviously is, that would mean grabbing them at lower percentages, which Weezing isn’t good at. It’s thus a good idea to try and grab them at the start of a stock through simple trap-style gas manipulation, then let them help you out a bit when they’re thrown, at which point they will probably be avoided you.

With the recovery, this conflicts heavily with that whole grabbing game, as once you inhale all of the gas, you can’t really recover – sure, Weezing is heavy enough, but be very careful you don’t screw yourself by inhaling all the gas, with the grab or otherwise. You really need that Explosion to kill reliably, so destroying your connections – while necessary – is discouraged. Try to be conservationist – Weezing doesn’t need the gas to attack, so try to keep one part of the stage as the killing side, and then force your opponent over there with some clever placed sludge and sludge bombs.

As a last resort, Weezing has several ways to set up his up air, down air and explosion that are less conventional – use your flinching gas, such as in his neutral standard, to force your opponents into going where you want to in the air, while creating puddles on the ground to make them get up there. If you can get your opponent into the air, you can possibly mind game them up to above you or above to off-stage, at which point you hit them with up or down air, or simply explode in their face anyway – remember that Weezing has a terrific float that means, even with laggy aerials, he will likely not fall off the stage.

Finally, don’t fall below the stage, whatever you do. Weezing has an amazing sideways recovery, but terrible vertical recovery – much like Jigglypuff. If you get stuck under the stage, well, there’s really no reliable way to get back up there and you’re a sitting duck. Remember, though, that you’re constantly creating a gas line, so if you do find yourself in such a compromised position, just use Explosion and hope for the best.

Match-Ups

Weezing versus Forretress: 90:10

Put simply, Weezing levitates. That means that many of the spikes laid on the ground will be completely ignored – factor into that how floaty and good in the air Weezing is, and you see that, in comparison, Forretress doesn’t have much going for him. In terms of gas versus spikes, Weezing also has the obvious advantage of being able to spread his gas throughout the air and constantly creating gas that will destroy the string shots that Forretress will attempt to use to tag him down. In that case, Weezing pretty much cuts out almost all of Forretress’ main strategies involving spikes and the string shot.

Weezing versus Axel Gear: 60:40

Yes, Axel Gear does indeed have some advantages over Weezing – for one thing, his great attack speed and combos can possibly do a big number on the slow and cumbersome Weezing, with Weezing only possibly reacting with his neutral standard as a quick counter. Axel Gear also has the advantage of having an extremely good recovery, which is infinitely more useful vertically than Weezing’s and thus he can outmanoeuvre the usually competent Weezing’s up or down airs.

However, were Weezing does have Axel Gear beat is in that neutral special – Axel Gear cannot afford to lock himself in with Weezing the ever-giving gas bag, as it would result in the small area being Explosion-bait of untold proportions. That a given, he’s pretty much forcing Axel Gear into a fight to see who can damage and kill first, but with AG at a severe disadvantage without one of his main mechanics. Keep in mind too; Weezing is one of the best damagers in the game due to his ever-present gas, which, if manipulated into the densest areas of the stage, can be disastrous for his opponent. And, of course, once he’s done using them to damage, he has ways to set up to kill using them at the same time – which is where, once again, Axel Gear’s great speed comes into play, but this is a cat-and-mouse game where the mouse unavoidably takes a beating, when Axel naturally really hates being pressured.

Weezing versus Hariyama: 40: 60

Tackle may be anti-grab, but that won’t be enough when Hariyama has several utilisations of grabs that will forego much of Weezing’s “GTFO” game, such as the sumo grab. On top of that, Hariyama’s dedication to combo’ing is a real ***** to Weezing – he does have his flinching gas, but Hariyama’s parry on many of these laggy moves could possibly prove a real nightmare on Weezing.

Where Weezing has a real advantage is when it comes time for Hariyama to kill, as, with gas set at locations around the stage, Weezing up special will keep him steady in air. The problem then is obviously getting back onto the stage – though it is a given that you have the better aerial game – as you’ll need to set all of that up again. Once thing Weezing also has is Hariyama’s size when it comes to his throw – a big enemy will create a bigger trail of gas for Weezing to use.

Another interesting attribute is damage – this completely screws over Weezing. Due to the constant damaging of his gas, he will automatically put himself below Hariyama when it comes to that opponent’s sumo grabs. In all, not a good match-up for Weezing.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Here's some terrible reading video I made for Miles Edgeworth; ouch. I'll edit my comment into this post at a later date until I see some activity other than my own - to not suck up any more of this page's space. Despite some high lag, the moveset seems quite good at a skim.

Ah, another Twilt moveset so soon? That can only make me happy. Miles Edgeworth.

There are some major problems here-or-there with technicalities - 2 ½ stage builder blocks, for example, is oft-used and a sizeable distance; as was the more obvious problem with Lunge, most of Edgeworth’s best moves are lofty and require the match to temporarily halt as long as the opponent is on the same platform. While Lunge only did this at the start of a battle, Edgeworth is doing it throughout and I’m not sure if you handled this whole thing as efficiently as you could have. An example of misplaced lag is easiest to pick out in that down tilt – two seconds to get evidence which you need to KO, that’s six seconds in all just collecting evidence and that’s if you are successful the first time. You really throw around that “one second” marker a lot, creating skewed numbers that don’t really fit, but the proportions, I suppose, are correct.
Fixed his down tilt to 1 second. I fear it being a little too fast, but eh.

I have to say, though, that I love your inclusion of the assistants, even if it hadn’t serve as a major part of the moveset: feels very old-school MYM to have this kind of silly choice and yes, this is accurate for Investigations what with ME always being followed around by one of these three. Why you gave them health, I do not know – if Edgeworth can’t use his Smashes, he’s significantly underpowered as he pretty much needs them to gain evidence. Along with the down special, this is the one case where Edgeworth acts very out-of-character within the AA universe – when did an assistant die exactly in AA5, even for ten seconds? It’s not like they aren’t all relatively balanced or overpowered: these would work fine as just regular smash attacks. I suppose it forces you to switch around, but I don’t think you needed to go so far.
Thanks! I thought of that one day, and let out a, "Eureka!" while doing so. As for the health thing, I already decided to edit that out, but I fear without it, it makes Gumshoe's down smash a better version of the Dtilt.:ohwell:[/QUOTE]

This is all ignoring the biggest problem in this moveset, generic inputs that don’t flow whatsoever, mostly those making use of ME’s rather random briefcase. It’s a shame, as what else you built up with your evidence mechanic is interesting and, except the distorted numbers or janky assistant mechanics, actually could work, in my mind. There’s really little point in Edgeworth using many of these moves other than simply wanting the foe to “GTFO,” at which point he has plenty of non-generic moves capable of the very same. It just seems like you ran out of ideas with some of these inputs.
Well, I wanted Edgeworth with some form of actually attacking. He'd otherwise be just collecting evidence without any defense. Besides, it's not exactly easy making a set for a generic human being without any super powers either, so...

The playstyle is fairly interesting, with the section itself being one of your best, Twilt. Edgeworth actually does seem viable, somehow and that’s all down to your own efforts in making this very complex evidence mechanic seem plausible. The Raiden up special [ladder] is kind of goofy, but in tandem with the neutral air, a smart link that is neat. Still, there is some bad that could easily have been avoided with: cool down on long-range moves, even more emphasis on special trait one and spreading out of the assistants to the pointless inputs, as they’re always standing next to Edgeworth anyway for his grabs and tilts – his weakest areas.
Yeah, I figured the tilts and grabs wouldn't be so popular.

Overall, I’d say this was a hell of a lot better than Joshua and probably my favourite of yours, Twilt. It just oozes Ace Attorney and feels like an advance over previous, gallant efforts by users like Kits, possibly going even further back to Mendez. It’s also really quite the lark – I enjoyed those badly-written scenarios; priceless stuff and many of the interactions are pure fan service for Ace Attorney fans like myself. However, much of this is probably lost on an outsider and there are some big errors of judgement what with all the insane lag, pointless briefcase and an area like the grabs feels pretty empty. To re-iterate, though, it’s my favourite moveset of yours ever and I’m hopeful to see what else you have planned.
Thanks! I really enjoyed making this set, and hope it gets somewhere.

From what I've seen in my opinion, Miles Edgeworth is an extreme effort. You're definitely not wrong about him being your best. Commenting on stuff like playstyle has fallen out of my hand, but I'll specify the things I liked:

But first, I'll just point out from the moveset skimming, I didn't really understand what you meant by Kay's U-Smash "transforming" the stage, unless it's implied that the device simply creates rather than transforms.

While I don't know if Edgeworth does "Ladder" in the game, it's a very lolworthy move to me. But hey, every character has to have some infamously random move that directly comes from the fighting game, such as Capt Falcon's knee of justice of MKs tornado, or Peach's peach bomber. Gumshoe also provides heaps of wow/cool/funny, and the extras were also awesome.

There's also the idea of the verdict trial, which I like because it has to do with other characters and stuff, like Chief Mendez's Phoenix Wright moveset that has the character on trial as a stage, but yours goes into more detail.

Generally I won't comment on playstyle like I said, I'll leave it up to the others who do it. Im just here to give praise.
Thanks! I probably should change Kay's Usmash, and it was rather hard to think of a recovery for Edgeworth. Anyway, thanks for the comments!

Miles Edgeworth: I agree with Smady on the generic attacks; they don't really flow or benefit the playstyle. That being said, I love this set. You took the complex trial mechanic and broke it down so people like me can understand. At first he seemed very un-Smash, and he is, but now I can see him in-game, at least with other MYM sets. Speaking of which, I would have liked to see some matchups, but I do feel as if I know how Edgeworth plays enough already. Well done.
Thank you! Glad to see you like it! I thought about doing matchups, but I'm not particularly good at writing them...maybe for my next set.

@Miles Edgeworth: That's a pretty cool name. I've never played the Ace Attorney or Phoenix Wright or whatever games, so I had to read over the Neutral Special a couple of times to get the hang of it. It's like a super-delayed KO move, I suppose. It's an interesting concept. The rest of his specials are nice too, especially Ladder! Including other characters in the moveset seems to make Miles a bit more wholesome, though the fact that they don't really do anything when not used for Smashes seems kind of wasteful. The fact that they can be "KO'd" seems kind of unnecessary, really. Which reminds me, using a taunt to switch partners will bring up the evidence menu too, won't it? The rest of Miles' attacks that don't involve prosecution are pretty standard, although it's nice for him to be able to fight back like a normal character in a tough spot.

So overall, after I got past my initial confusion, Miles turned out to be a fun and interesting set. I don't really have any writing qualms to point out, either, except for maybe the numerous and somewhat unnecessary references to priority. Nice one, Steven. :bee:
Thanks dude! I fixed the health for the partner thing already. Hmm...maybe you have to press the Taunt button twice to get your evidence menu to show up?

Anyway, thanks Brian!:bee:

As for Weezing, I'll have to give it a read later, but it looks interesting.(CHEW)

*awaits negative commentary from Junahu and Warlord*(THINK)

32º Centigrade

Smash Rookie
Weezing: Looks like you ninja'd me to posting my moveset. Probably for the best, considering mine would have been overshadowed by yours had I posted mine first. The playstyle is similar to Scarmiglione's, in that he spreads gas throughout the stage. It's funny how I seem to have the same ideas for a character right before someone posts a set of him. Good thing too, you're execution is better than what I would have done. No real complaints, but the writing style is kind of hard to follow, and it gets a bit detail heavy. Not much else to say; it's a good set, but not as good as Wiz & Kupa.

Frf

Smash Apprentice
Miles "Tails" Prower (A pun on the term miles per hour! Clever!)
-Dang it! I was going to do some comment commentary!
-I've been saying since I don't know how long that I need to get a Phoenix Wright game. CONVINCE ME, SIR.
-Woah, woah, woah. Wait a minute.
He is trained under Manfred Von Karma, who has a
under Manfred Von Karma
Manfred Von
Manfred

MANFRED?!?!? That's like, someone took man and fred and just made it into a name!
-Hehe, **** Gumshoe.
-Hehe, Larry Butz.

-Old school stat section? Hmm, this better have something important and relevant to his playstyle in it!
-..........But it did not! The nickname "Edgey" was cute, though. :3

-Onto the special moves!
-........GAH MECHANIC ABGULFRAGGLAFRAGAMUFFIN
-........*skips mechanic*
-........*Gets horribly, horribly, lost*
-........*Finally reads mechanic*
-Hey, a mechanic that's not confusing as all bananas! <3
-Kay Faraday? That's a silly name. Hey, guys! I'm gonna be Kay For-A-Day! Not as bad as Manfred. :|
-"....helping those out who are not good at thinking...." You know, I think you can just say......that special word.....for people......who are......special.
-My period count: 82
-Ok let me get serious for a moment. I'm actually very impressed about how incredibly well you state things like key details and such. It isn't the most unique or fanciest writing style, but hey, it gets the job done! (Especially for those who are not good at thinking.....)

-These 3 cases should be interesting.
-"This all seemed to happen in the Mushroom Kingdom kitchen!" That must be one hell of a kitchen to be able to feed an entire kingdom!
-Oh god I can so imagine Mario testifying in his Super Mario Bros. cartoon voice. <3
-Lol @ Link's "Hyuh! I mean...."

-I can't honestly see why anyone would criticize you for the recovery. What else would Miles do? Appeal to gravity?
-Although 2 seconds is a long time for a recovery.....
-Ah, giving Tails some standard attacks so he won't be questioned as too unsmash? I say stick to most of the smash boundaries, or just break every rule about smash you can. A decent balance in between those two is tough to pull off.
-Yay, clever down tilt! It makes me feel......DETECTIVE-ESQUE.

-Finally get to see what the assistants are all about.....
-**** (hehe) is alright, but his only use seems to be to hold the foe back for a bit. Von Karma lady was forgettable. @_@
-<3 For-a-day. She is unique in her moves, yet she's very important for getting evidence back!
-I think the assistants would be more appropriate stuck on some of the more generic inputs Miles has.
-Besides the neutral air, the aerials aren't too much to talk about so.....ONTO THE GRAB(S?)!
-The pummel is fitting to the playstyle, albeit predictable.

-Playstyle is very well-written, everything was covered and the ladder wasn't as useless as it could potentially be. I could easily see this moveset and this playstyle working seamlessly in a standard Brawl match. Who knew I would say that for someone as out-of-place as Mr. Miles Prower?

You keep on getting better and better, Twilt. Fitting an attorney into smash is obviously not that easy, but bringing his job into the fray as well? Definitely an accomplishment. I can't say I was a fan of the assistants, but I can imagine myself actually using Miles EFFECTIVELY in Brawl, objections and all, which is tough to say considering most MYM sets are quite intricate, but I suppose it's because you explain things so perfectly.~

ANOTHER set from Smaddy?!? WHAT KIND OF SICK PLACE IS THIS?!? Well, I'll get to Weezer soon.

Weezer​
-The first thing I immediately noticed is that I don't like the band Weezer. Island in the Sun is the only song of theirs I sort of like.

-Weezer aside, Weezing is one of my favorite pokemon EVER. He takes hits like a hoss and is just plain annoying to deal with. Too bad the anime made him a joke.
-*goes to playlist*.......*sees Pokemon Johto- Opening*.....*leaves*
-Skulls are soooo fitting. <3 And thank god the "Dancing sprites of the pokemon for every section" thing is finally gone from MYM.

-Hehe, steamboat weezing. That reminds me of that mickey mouse game coming out for the Wii.....
-The gas levels and stuff are perfectly executed in his specials; Weezing emits level 1 gas, and uses the specials to manipulate it and turn it into whatever toxins you want to annoy the living bananas out of the foe. I actually GET the playstyle without you having to spoon-feed it to me, which is obviously a plus. Sometimes the writing might've gotten a bit carried away at times, but you certainly know what you're doing with Weezing.

Wait, wait, wait- that sounds like a closing comment. I still have much more to do! Onto the standards?!? (Oh and explosion is hoss)

-Jab makes sense, but doesn't the Down Special's level 2 gas also act as a barrier?
-Standards are very standard at being the standard in the playstyle, but that's the expected standard.

-Weezing's grab game is a definite highlight, despite him being a one-throw wonder. The throw in particular was brilliant. Run away from Weezing, and spread even more gas across the stage? Or stay close and be worried about another grab?

Weezing stays true to his established 'mechanic of sorts' -constantly creating gas- throughout the entire set, which really gives Weezing accessibility that most poke-sets do or should do. Sometimes you go off on describing the animations or other aspects in moves, although this isn't necessarily a BAD thing- no move is ambiguously explained and not a detail out of place. While not revolutionary, Weezing is a new step up for Pokesets.

-Oh, and the playstyle was very well-written. That's to be expected, though.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
EDGEWORTH

Edgeworth is actually a fairly user friendly set for a character who has to rely on an awkward KO mechanic – Kay’s Usmash makes it so he doesn’t have to remember where the foe did everything, and even then it’s not like it’s hard that hard to remember as he can use his nair/dtilt where the foe used any aerial/ground based attack. I’m ignoring having to actually manually figure out the mechanic as part of learning him, what with how it’s the same for each character every time.

The main thing that separates Edgeworth from the rest of the convulted KO mechanic though is that he has a plethora of generic attacks which he can actually use to *gasp* defend himself. While this would normally come off as very lazy and random, the fact that he has more inputs then a regular character with his smashes which are actually relevant help to make up for it. . .Or rather he would if it wasn’t for his lack of throws and Franziska wasn’t just more generic attacks. If Franziska/throws were relevant, I could see this being one of my favorite sets, though even then the nair/dtilt/pummel are part of the relevant attack set. Gumshoe/Kay are spot on, of course. . .Kay’s dsmash isn’t a clone of the fsmash what with her being left behind as a trap instead of charging forward, and the up smash is apparently part of the magic syndrome of the Phoenix Wright universe, so yeah. I actually like the fact that the assistants are killable, btw, seeing you’ll never be left without one and Gumshoe’s dsmash would be very awkward if he wasn’t attackable. Oh, and I actually don’t think the lag times are that terrible what Gumshoe’s usmash/Franziska’s dsmash as disablers and the fact he has, y’know, actual attacks. Such a rarity nowadays.

As far as relevant stuff you could experiment with more, I feel the attack disabling of the Side/Down Special had more potential to be manipulated, though it’s still certainly relevant as is. You can disable tilts in order to encourage the foe to use smashes/grabs or visa versa for the appropriate evidence, or just disable mass ground attacks to make them use aerials. The only real problem is you rather downplay this as just a way to simply disable good moves of the opponent and don’t emphasize how it goes with his main gameplan, and the playstyle summary suffers in general from this (Though it is much better then your previous ones). The other main thing I wish there was more emphasis on was the Side Special/Grab – they both have the same animation, yes, but if they predict wrong and shield the grab expecting the Side Special they, y’know, get grabbed. Good stuff.

A good set all in all. Could definitely be improved, but what it has potential to be improved to is really epicness, and it’s certainly not bad at all as is. Though I’m afraid I’m going to have to rate it 0 stars because of the part where Franziska waggles his whip around in the usmash.

EDIT: Just make Gumshoe only able to take a certain amount of damage before he suffers some lag and the foe steals a piece of evidence from him while using the dsmash. Say, 25 or 30? Seeing you removed the health of the partners. . .

WEEZING

Weezing may look like a character unconcerned with damage at a glance – everything just re-positions his mechanic (Gas), after all, outside the occasional tackle. However; he constantly creates the gas just by existing, and much of the gas he creates is the level 2 flinching gas so he’s actually able to defend himself. While it doesn’t stick out that long, it’s long enough for him to actually pull off his moves which seem to be impractically laggy at a glance. While all of the attacks may look to just be over 9000 ways of doing the same thing, some of the attacks are specifically for spreading the gas while others are for actually putting it out in an area where Weezing can attack/space it around himself properly for defense. I really am surprised with how these similar attacks came out with their own unique uses.

Weezing’s grab-game and Explosion are the most delicious parts of the set, hands down. Fitting that it’s the part where you actually take advantage of all your hard work, no? Using the gas as an expansion to your range is brilliant and really the main thing that ties the set together.

I do have to agree that the writing is very disorienting and makes you have to slog through this moveset, but I still came out with a full understanding of the moveset afterwards and am impressed with how much Junahu managed to misinterpret that I assumed without much difficulty by actually, y’know, paying even the slightest amount of attention. The playstyle summary in particular is very helpful as it’s much better written then the rest of the set, and helps you to awaken to how good of a moveset Weezing is. The match-ups are a big improvement from your last, though while Forretress’ is accurate I think you should’ve gone into what Forretress can do to resist, mainly his Pinecos and how Rollouot still allows him to make his spikes relevant.

Overall my only real qualm with the set is the writing, which only got in my way to read the set at all rather then distorting my vision of the actual concepts/playstyle, thus it’s rather irrelevant. Better then Kaiser certainly, who is a perfectly fine set in his own right.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
@]Weezing: I have a few qualms with the writing in Weezing; I already mentioned to you earlier about some really long sentences that just leave me really confused after I'm done reading them. Better punctuation and sentence division could fix that, though. The fractions to measure time instead of decimals kind of threw me off at first, but they're workable.

I kind of wish you had some visuals to go with a lot of your attacks; describing Weezing's orientation before he started every move got confusing for me, since he doesn't have the most conventional body type. You started off a lot of moves the same way (Weezing inhales, etc.), which made a lot of attacks sort of run together in my mind. I also found the gas itself a little bit confusing; maybe I missed it somewhere, but I wasn't really sure how long the gas lasted on most moves. Also, you associated colors with each type of gas at the start of the moveset, it would've been a little helpful to carry that on through the rest of it to keep each type straight.

I feel like I'm being too negative; but those are generally all of my complaints. The writing slowed me down a lot, but there were some good concepts in there. I like the idea of spreading gas all over the stage; it's the essence of Weezing. Explosion is a neat concept, and I like the Up Special. The idea behind the Grab is pretty cool-sounding as well.

Overall, it wasn't my favorite moveset (seemed pretty rushed), but you obviously put some effort into it, Smady. After all, this is the first time you've posted more than one moveset in a contest (in a while?). I look forward to whatever else comes from you this contest. :bee:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Weezing is a cool moveset. Having the ability to passively create hitboxes and then move them around with your actual attacks is innovative and clever, and he has still has a selection of actual melee attacks to defend himself without his "traps".

Explosion has an awesome concept behind it, but I'm not entirely sold on the execution. Couldn't I just shield when I see the startup lag...oh wait, I can Warlock Punch twice before the attack actually has a hitbox out, I think I'll just walk over to him and casually smack him, or even just use a projectile so I don't even have to risk being hit by it. Granted, having gas that can deal flinching knockback alleviates it to an extent, but when Explosion doesn't even KO will 120% for such a slow move, Weezing has to be a stage-control master for a really long time with pitiffully damaging hitboxes. Yeah, you said Axel has to worry about his neutral special making explosion worrysome? If Axel PURPOSELY lingers in anything less than level 4 gas for the entire duration of Lightning Barrier, he would still be 20% lower than Explosion's KO percent. If an opponent actually tries to run away or fight Weezing it will take him EVEN LONGER to be in KO range.

Ok, back to the positive. The playstyle section is well-written and Weezing has some genuine thought behind how to balance him. The matchups were also good and I agree with their ratios, even though I hate ratios. (wary).

So basically, I really like the main concept behind the set, but the super-duper KO move makes the set feel like it would be kinda tedious to play in a real match. Perhaps bringing down the startup lag and making the explosions deal some good shield damage could fix it.

Glad to see you make another set Smady (pce)

wrkngclsshr

Smash Rookie
A Damage-Racking Heavyweight?

Well, I really didn't feel like reading Weezing at all to be honest, but Smady persuaded me to.

Weezing

First off, I love the concept. The whole idea is very clever and interesting. Despite looking a little rushed, it was well thought out as a whole. I can't blame you for that though, you did this in about one night, right?

I felt the best parts of the moveset were the Playstyle Section and the Grabs. While lengthy, the Playstyle Section answered many of my questions on how Weezing works. The fogginess in some of the more important moves like Side Special and core aspects like Recovery were cleared.

The grabs were delicious, literally food for thought. Imagine if a present Brawl Character had a grab game as beastly and innovative as Weezing, and how it would change the metagame? I also loved how it worked perfectly hand-in-hand with the gas mechanic. I probably would've liked two different throws though (one up/down, one left/right possibly?) to spice things up a bit.

Now, a couple small problems arose in my mind with this:
-The seconds of lag: It's not that bad, but sometimes it did make me think that moves were longer/shorter than what it actually is. Saying ".5 seconds of start-up" seems way longer than it truly is in-game, y'know?

-The color of the gases: They weren't very differing other than White. I would've added something like an Orange for it to be easier to distinguish.

Not as important as other things, but eh, they did bother me a bit.

[And the Part I seriously don't feel like doing...]

Also, apparantly a lot of people have a few (or more) problems with the writing (which you, Smady, wanted me to check out). I really don't wanna do this, but Smady wanted me to :/

I'll make it quick.

Simply, Weezing leans over to the respectful side, with the opposite side leaning downward, his exhausts gathering in any gas within a small radius of themselves in about ¾ of a second – immediately transferring over onto the other side of him, where they are discharged as level two gas that travels a distance of two stage builder blocks before dissipating into level one gas, resulting in 1½ seconds of ending lag for Weezing.
This is ONE sentence, when it should be WAY more. I did have a problem trying to understand these huge sentences. Many made me read them twice before I could actually grasp the meaning. It's ironic that the sentence starts with "simply," when the writing really wasn't.

The problem could've been fixed with simpler, not as lengthy sentences that only need one or two commas, none if possible. While 10 sentences in one little paragraph isn't necessary, there should be a balance of around 3-5 for average paragraphs.

Well, those were my thoughts on the moveset. Great, GREAT ideas, but a bit foggy with the writing. Reading Weezing to me was like opening an overly-wrapped present on Christmas morning. I had to get through some of the wrapper (weird writing and that "Uh... Wut?" feeling you get when introduced to new ideas) but inside was a great gem worth my time.

DiamondFox

Banned via Warnings
I thuoght Weezing was a decent set, though I'm unsure as to why you would make a set for. . .a Pokemon as random as him. At least he is stil a Pokeman from the first generation. I couldn't even bring myslef to read Forretress or Hariyama. Those -things- are not the Pokemon I grew up with. Still I think you should've made more use of the lvl 3 gas, and he needs moer actual attacks - not just ways to pass gas.

JOE!

Smash Hero
SPade, if you grew up with 1st gen, you definatley grew up with 2nd, so go read Forretress :p

Top Bottom