• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 6 - Nothing Gold can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Sixrch Battosai- With the work I am putting on this new moveset I have had little time to comment on movesets. Well anyway one big factor you need to work on is your organization. A messy organization makes a set hard to read. The majority of stes have Tiltis, and smashes seperate for a reason. They are very different moves, but if they depend on each other place them next to each other in the set. Your color choice was a little messy, keep up the good work, and your movesets will improve greatly.

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Mr. DreamMr. Sandman

Ah, so Warlord's made yet another Punch-Out character...seriously, we're sick of them by now (D)...I kid of course! MYM always has room for crazy stereotypical characters so why not make more?

Enough blabbering, set time nao. So I got a preview of the whole winking/hit-stun dealy last night and it kinda sorta made sense, but obviously not being able to see the whole finished product made it seem kind of confusing. Seeing the final version however cleared it up and, like I said last night, I love the idea.

Anyway, just from the read through I gave it, Sandman seems good. Really good. KO potential, ability to adjust his stats to make his KO moves even deadlier, giving the opponents actually HIT-STUN (I thought we got rid of that awfulness with the Melee -> Brawl transition!), decent recovery and the potential for lightning fast KO moves...yeah, Sandman seems pretty darn good. Oh, and the healing factor is just the icing on the delicious good character cake.

Although who cares about balance! Let's look at ideas! In the ideas factor, Sandman is head and shoulders over Bald Bull (c wut i did thar?) and "bearly" behind your other Punch-Out set (c wut i did again?), although I must say it's impressive you got anything considering...ya know? Sandman is probably the flattest character in the game character wise. Most of the attacks are pretty good (except some of the aerials and a few of the throws are kind of ho-hum albeit working well for the overall playstyle).

Overall, where would I rank this when it comes to Warlord sets...hmm....let's ponder. It's got the Bull beat easily, Ludi's a loser in comparison, Envy -WISHES- he were this good but Bear Hugger and Sloth are still safely tucked away in your best set spots. Dingodile I won't address considering I ranked him below Envy but general opinion is that he's superior...

But yeah, another great Warlord set, not surprised really considering =P

SlothSlaking

Ah, a 3rd Gen Poke from a first time poster, good to see, good to see! Anyway, right off the bat I have to say that this is a pretty good set, I'm impressed newcomer (although you may wanna take a look at K.Rool's Pokemon sets in order to see how the best of the best are done ;D)

Anyway, let's take a looksie at your set...first off, writing style, I lurv it. It basically BLEEDS voice which is always a good thing to have in sets; if I can see you actually give two shakes about your character/set, it's a plus for me! Something that sticks out to me as a bit odd is the color choice; grays and white for a forestland creature don't stick out to me as entirely in character.

As far as organization goes, having the situationals paired with the neutral A and the dash attack looks kind of weird having them placed so high up in the set.

Onto attacks themselves. Some of them seem a tad out of character for the lazy oaf (Mach Punch and Pursuit jump out at me) but most of them are pretty good and capture Slaking's lazy personality well. Slaking as a whole however seems a pain to play as; micromanaging his slacking off so that he doesn't enter auto-slack seems like kind of a bother personally.

The set starts out strong and starts to falter slightly near the end with the aerials and throws (which were probably the hardest parts considering Slaking is in no way shape or form an "aerial" character). Regardless, most of the set comes off as pretty well done.

Overall, Slaking, despite my criticisms certainly isn't...lacking (smirk) in any real areas. It's a great newcomer set as is and it's certainly impressive considering you just joined. With some serious effort, you could come to be a great MYMer. So once again, congrats on your first set, you rule =)

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[size=+2]Slaking[/size]

Slaking is a very good set for a newcomer. The funniest part was the Final Smash. The moves have their purposes in the set, and the layout is done well. Slaking would be annoying to use because of his Slack off.
Since your first set is done, perhaps you can show details such as lag, priority and range to specify an attack to a further level. I think maybe you could have given the attack group a slightly different colour, such as an easy to read brown, but you have done well as it is, and that's just a minor comment.
No MarthTrinity, you look at darth meanie's Darkrai and Magnezone sets to see how it's done. King k Rool's not the only one who can make great pokemon sets.

Ok, the attack throw makes sense. Either it wasn't put in or I didn't see it. Yeh, it's an interesting idea. It could be a very creative quirk for your MYM sets in the future, say, an ongoing trend.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Yes, Slaking is indeed a very good first set. I definitely see what MT meant when he said that he has voice; it really adds a lot to the set to have its creator so emphatically imagining him in Smash. You definitely seem to know what you're doing, so I'm not going to go on and on explaining what playstyle is and what writing style is and so on; you've got it.

The organization is pretty interesting, quite unique. I agree with MT (again) that the colors seem a bit off - I think I'd prefer a nice brown to that grey - but the overall format is something we haven't seen yet, and that's all to the good.

If I had a complaint, it would be that a few of the attacks feel like they could basically be slapped onto any Pokemon - Pursuit comes to mind in particular. This is fairly minor, though, and this is a very nice first set, packed with character and possessing an interesting mechanic. Hell, I seem to remember an MYM veteran planning a similar mechanic for a theoretical Sloth Slaking set, although I don't think it's getting made anymore.

Mr Sandman? That reminds me of the time I became a pro basketball player. You'll HAVE to remind me to tell you some other time.

n88

Smash Lord
Slaking
There's not much to say here that hasn't already been said. So I'll reiterate that this is fantastic for a first set.
I do find it a bit strange that his FS invlolves devolving, but it's suitable, I suppose.

Also, I've finally settled on my next set (I think).

Ganondalf!

Koppakirby

Smash Cadet
Dum dum dadadadum.....

Blaster

☠ "Wanna join me?"☠

In Bowser's armory, there are cannons. But not just any cannons. Cannons that are sentient and fire sentient projectiles. They serve Bowser and fire their Bullet-like occupants with pride. They are the Blasters. They have joined the Brawl, sporting their classic look!

Made of a heavy material mined in Pipe Land, the Blasters are small, but heavy. In a move uncommon for heavyweights, Blasters are almost entirely dependent on Projectiles. Also, having no modifications for this, they are immobile. Or are they?

☠ Stats☠

• Weight ~ 8
• Run ~ 0
• Fall ~ 7
• Traction ~ 6
• Power ~ 8
• Attack Speed ~ 3
• Jump ~ 2
• Wall Jump: No
• Wall Cling: No
• Fly: No
• Float: No
• Crouch: No
• Crawl: No

Now, as you see, Blaster has beyond horrible stats. He can't even move. But, why does he have 6 traction if he cannot move? Well, aside from high knockback(Which would only be a factor if he takes at high damage) there's a thing that he can do. Read on to find out.

☠Mechanics☠
1. Fire Jet
Blaster can move after all! However, unless he jumps(And his jumps are mainly just a small hop) he'll grind across the ground with this. What is this, you ask? Well, From his backside, Blaster fires a stream of fire, allowing him(When not grinding against the ground, in which it's half that) to move the speed of Kirby's dash. This is covered in the Side Special and will be covered again there.
2. Mount
Blaster can mount himself to the Ground to avoid Knockback. Te Down special is what is used to mount him. 20% damage gets rid of the mounts. More info in the Down Special.

☠Specials☠

Neutral Special ~ Fire!
Blast fires a Bullet Bill out of his front Barrel. It goes perfectly straight, plowing through anything in it's path(With minor knockback and 7% damage) until it hits either a wall or leaves the screen. The Bullet Bills themselves can be destroyed if they take 7% damage as well. The Bullet Bills move at about half the speed of Captain Falcon's run.

Side Special ~ Fire Jet
Blaster shoots a stream of fire out of his back barrel, which can propel him forward(More info on that aspect in Mechanics) and flinches opponents with 6% damage. Ramming into opponents is also possible at full speed, and will do 9% damage with high knockback.

Up Special ~ Shy Guy Assist
Blast aims upward slightly and fires a Shy Guy tied to a rope which is also tied to Blaster. Similar to Olimar's Up Special, the Shy Guy and Grab a cliff and Pull Blaster up onto the platform. However, the pull takes 3 times as long as Olimar's pull. And if the Shy Guy or Blaster is hit, the attack will be canceled. If used on the ground, the Shy Guy can grab opponents then Blaster will pull the Shy Guy back in, slamming the opponent down near Blaster for 8% damage.

Down Special ~ Mount
Blaster shoots metal bars into the ground underneath him. This will keep him mounted in place for the next 20% damage he takes. He does not take knockback while he is mounted. Opponents near him will take 2% damage and small knockback if they're within a Ness of him when he summons/dismisses the mounts. Using the special a second time before taking 20% damage and the mounts are summoned will unhook them and he will move again. He can attack while mounted, but he cannot move, jump, pick up items, or even skid along the ground with the Side Special.

☠Standards☠

Jab ~ Cannonball
Blaster fires a cannonball out of his frontal barrel. This slow moving thing will keeping moving foward at Ness' walking speed until hit somebody or something(Or goes of camera). It'll do 3% damage with flinching effect when it hits either. However, this attack has little startup and ending lag, so it can be spammed. This can be a little difficult do avoid, but the projectiles are slow, so it shouldn't be that much of pain to dodge if you're fighting him. In fact he can only shoot out 3 at a time, so unless you're really close, the jab isn't much to worry about.

Dash Attack ~ False Shot
While moving around, Blaster will fire a tiny Bullet Bill moving slightly faster than Mario's walk. This bullet, however, is a fake out. You'll see the bullet, but not realize that Blaster is still coming for you. The Bullet does do 1% damage and flinches, though.

☠Tilts☠

Forward Tilt ~ Smoke Blast
Blaster fires blast of smoke from his front barrel. This will do 2% with medium knockback and about half a Bob-omb's range. It has a quite of bit of ending lag, however.

Up Tilt ~ Barrel Spin
Blaster spins his barrels at an amazing speed! It does 3% damage with a flinching effect, but it has terrible range. It really will only works on opponents falling on you, or standing right next to you.

Down Tilt ~ Bob-Omb Cannon
Blaster aims his barrel upward and fires a Bob-Omb out of it. The Bob-Omb will then function like a Bob-Omb items, falling to the ground, waiting a certain amount of time, then walking around, then explodes, doing the same amage as the item Bob-Omb. However, this Bob-Omb can only be picked up by Blaster. However, this attack has 2 seconds worth of Startup lag, so it's really easy stop it. So, as cool as free Bob-Ombs is, it's hard to get them out without being interrupted.

☠Smashes☠

Forward Smash ~ Missile Bill
Blaster fires the Red-Tinted Missile Bill out of his Front Barrel. Missile Bill can follow the opponent at full charge, but otherwise he'll just act like a bullet Bill. Either way he'll move at the speed of Gannondorf's run and do 6% damage with light knockback. He also has 7% HP, but if homing, will vanish after it hits. Also, he cannot move up or down, just left and right.

Up Smash ~ Upward Missile
Blaster aims his barrel upwards and fires a Missile Bill into the air. It functions as a regular Missile Bill when charged, and as a Bullet Bill when not. They share the stats of the Bullet. But, this upward Bullet Bill will lock onto an opponent, but only moves up and down, so it's ideal for protecting or edgeguarding.

Down Smash ~ Double Missile
Blaster fires a Missile Bill out of each of his Barrels, which function exactly like the last two attacks. It also shares the stats with them too. The Missile bills will come out of both sides, and home in on the closest opponent, like the first one, they cannot move up and down, just side to side.

☠Aerials☠

Neutral Aerial ~ Double Jet
Blaster blasts hot waves of fire out of both his barrels, it doesn't propel him anyway, but it does deal fire damage to enemies on either side of him. The fire blasts are good for keeping opponents away from Blaster on both sides, however they do not hit upwards of him, or downwards. The jets do 7% each, and light knockback.

Forward Aerial ~ Soaring Cannonball
Blaster fires a cannonball out of his front barrel, which is basically unchanged from his jab. But for sake of recap, the cannonball will move straight at Ness's walking speed, dealing 3% damage and has a flinching effect. It can be spammed, but only a max of 3(Still counting any still out from the jab itself) can be out at a time. Stays on the screen until it hits someone or something(Or goes off camera).

Back Aerial ~ Backwards Cannonball
Blaster will fire a Cannonball out of his back barrel, unless there is still fire in it from the Side Special. It is unchanged from his jab, but I'll state everything here once again. Cannonballs move at Ness' walking speed, deals 3% damage, flinching effect, be spammed, only max of 3, continues to move untill hits something, someone, off camera.

Up Aerial ~ Hand of Ted
A black, whit-gloved hand reaches out of Blaster's front cannon and slaps any opponents upward of him, doing 6% damage and medium knockback. The hand will then slowly slink back inside. This attack fine and andy, but it has some pretty hefty Startup and ending lag for an aerial.

Down Aerial ~ Dud
Blaster turns downwards and fires a Bullet Bill. However, it is all black and simply falls down to the ground like a rock. The Bullet Bill will deal 9% damage and decent knockback to anyone who touches it while it falls, and will vanish upon impact with anything except projectiles.

☠Grab & Throws☠

Grab ~ Shy Guy Shot
Blaster fires out the Shy Guy from his Up Special out of his up special. The Shy Will fire about the Length of Link's clawshot, and also tether as well. But the point is that it will tehm proceed to grab the enemy if it catches one. The Shy Guy must be hit to cancel the taunt, not Blaster. The Shy Guy will retract back into the Barrel afterwards.

Pummel ~ Subconnian Smack
Shy Guy uppercuts the opponent, then smacks them with the Trident of a Beezo. This double pummel does 2% damage then 3%. However, the second hit has a small amount of startup lag. So this attack is powerful but can do less than half if because of the lag on the second hit.

Forward Throw ~ Autobomb Shot
ShyGuy stuff them opponent in Blaster's front Barrel, which will then fire the opponent out in a flaming mass. The Opponent's Body will serve as a Projectile moving forward at about Bowser's Running Speed for 2 seconds, dealing 4% damage to anyone he/her hits, with light knockback. The Projectile itself will take persisting damage of 1% from being on fire during those seconds, but none from the launch.

Back Throw ~ Blazing Burn
Shy Guy tosses the opponent back at Blaster, who catches him/her in his front barrel and then flips it so it's his back barrel, and shoots a stream of fire out of that one, burning that opponent to a crisp and sending them flying backwards with high knockback and 8% damage.

Up Throw ~ Bubble Blaster
Shy Guy loads the opponent into Blaster, you turns his barrel up and fires the opponent upward, incased in a bubble. The Bubble will then fall back to the ground and make 3 bounces in any directions before bursting. The throw will do 4% damage, but the bounces will do 2% each to the opponent, and 4% with minor knockback to any other opponents which touch the bubble.

Down Throw ~ Shy Smash
Shy Guy pounds the opponent and throws them down onto the floor. This attack doesn't have much knockback, but it does do 8% damage, which is good. Following this attack up with a rpojectile based attack from Blaster is good, because the opponent is temporarily immobilized and does not have time to dodge.

☠☠Final Smash☠☠
Final Smash ~ Magnum

Blaster somehow leaps into the Background, glowing gold. He'll then fire a Gold Bullet Bill known as a Bombshell Bill, which will hit the place where he was previously standing, and explode with a radius 2.5 times that of a Smart Bomb! After this explosion, he'll jump back to that spot. The Explosion, is incredibly powerful, dealing 20% damage and extremely high knockback with high KO possibility.

Playstyle

Blaster is a different character, isn't he? He's barely mobile, heavy, almost entirely projectile based. How can you use a character like this to win in Brawl? I'll hopefully shed some light on that right now.

Well, The mounts are a key feature in staying alive. Sure, you're not light or anything, but by suffering no knockback or flinches, you can rapidly fire streams of bullets at your opponent. With mounts, you can get into a huge battle with strong opponents, with the mounts keeping you from getting destroyed because of Blaster's lack of mobility. Silly, isn't it? Immobility saving you from lack of Mobility?

The Side Special is really only good for moving around, but when try to a clear a path through opponents, I would recommend using it instead of just mindlessly firing projectiles. It's power to slam into opponents is pretty good for this.

Missile Bills are ideal for edgeguarding! Seriously, you can just mount yourself near the edge and fire out a couple Missile Bills to do the work. For getting opponents off the edge, the Jab from a Distance followed up by Bullet Bill or a charge from the side special will work.
Using Blaster right is tricky, but he can be a powerful fighter if used correctly. The Projectiles and mobility are an odd twist, so Blaster isn't right for everyone. But if you mastered him, congrats, because you mastered one of the hardest characters to master!

Animations

Idle ~ Stands still

Walk ~ N/A

Run ~ A stream of fire comes out of it's back barrel.

Crouch ~ N/A

Dizzy ~ The barrel spins.

Extra Stuff

Up Taunt
Spins his double barrels.

Down Taunt
Shoots a blast of confetti.

Side Taunt
Fires a Bullet bill at the screen.

Symbol: Mushroom

Victory Theme
Standard Mario victory theme.

Victory Pose 1
Shoots out a lot of Bullet Bills.

Victory Pose 2
Rockets into the scene.

Victory Pose 3
The Shy Guy featured in some of his moves peers out of the Barrel.

Defeat Pose
Tipped over.

Entrance
A Airship from SMB3 flies in, dropping off Blaster.

Trophies

Blaster
Bullet Bill
Missile Bill
Magnum

Stickers

Blaster (Large)
Bullet Bill (Small)
Missile Bill (Small)

Alt costumes

Blue Metal
Yellow Metal
Green Metal
Red Metal
White Metal

Selection Sound
The Sound effect from Super Mario Bros. when a Bullet is shot plays.

Kirby Hat
Kirby becomes pitch black and has a skull symbol on each arm. He gains the Neutral Special, and fires the Bullets out of his mouth.

Codec
Snake: Colonel, what is that relic cannon doing out of the field?
Colonel: That's a Blaster Snake. Also known as a Bullet Bill Blaster. They're the big guns in Bowser's forces, literally.
Snake: So, it's alive?
Colonel: Yes, Snake. It is. They fire projectiles, however, they are not explosive.
Snake: This shouldn't be a problem then.
Colonel: But watch out for it's Final Smash, that one is highly explosive and a doozy.
Snake: Got it.

Junahu

Smash Ace
Sandman: Ok MasterWarlord, seriously. Cut that out. Are you specifically trying to outdo yourself with every new boxer in order to snag all my supervotes? Well, it's not going to work, and not just because I'm going to be spiteful and put a limit on the number of sets from a single MYMer I'll vote for.
Sandman has some excellently well thought out ideas, along with both Bull and Hugger. The topic matter this time was a lot more complicated to explain (this is the first time this contest I've heard hitstun being used in every attack), and you handled that admirably. He's a heavyweight combo character, which is MYM's newest cliche, but you handled that well aswell. The idea of having a limited span of time to string a combo together is a very attractive one, that effectively eliminates infinites without resorting to premade vanilla combos.
And your selective highlighting is better here than it has ever been, which is useful because you're determined to squeeze something useful out of every attack, regardless of how many words it takes you to do it.
I don't quite understand the meaning of having two specials to eliminate start lag. You could combine them so easily it's not even funny (tap B for wink, hold B for stance).
And thanks for the jab at my Side-B. You sure showed me how to make a recovery, what with Sandman doing not one but THREE uppercuts (fohr fhree tiemz teh reakoverie!)

Slaking: Basically copy and paste all the nice things the others have said about Slaking, and that's my opinion.

I'm still not convinced why Heavyweight Combo houses are the next big thing, considering even the light nippy characters can't combo worth squat. And it's even worse when the heavyweight in question has no place being combo-centric. It's more than ironic that the laziest pokemon in the world can throw out combos when far more energetic pokemon like Jolteon can barely get one attack out before having to recharge.

There are also a few examples of you explaining simple actions in far too many words. Things as simple as clapping his hands together like DK, end up being explained in awkward ways.

All that said, great job on bringing out the full potential of Slack Off. The length of it seems way too excessive, as is the end lag. But it's nonetheless a great way to turn Slaking's biggest weakness into a strength.

Slaking extends his limbs outward covering a Battlefield platform in front of him and behind him. It looks vaguely like this:

[ -]
=0=
My comment extends its limbs outward covering a Battlefield platform in front of him and behind him. It looks vaguely like this:

6_6
_______+_______
+
+
_+_
¦ ¦
¦ ¦
¦ ¦​

Blaster: Sorry, I only barely noticed this just before I was ready to post. You've squeezed out a good number of attacks from an immobile cannon, though you could literally fire a lemon pie out of it and still be in character. The set reminds me of Wispa (in a good way) and you do have my respect for making a moveset out of such a stubbornly impossible character

SixrchBattosai

Banned via Warnings
Also, I've finally settled on my next set (I think).

Ganondalf!
I feel hatred through every vein in my body. How could you soil a great series like Harry Potter?!?

...Okay, I kid. I couldn't keep a straight face while typing that.

In all honesty, it seems like it will be more of a joke moveset. If you're going to make it a jokle moveset, make it seem as serious as possible. If you're going to make it a serious moveset, make it as goofy as possible. I'm a bit intrigued as to what will become of this.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
[size=+2]Blaster[/size]

He is a fun set, but I would have to complain about the way you explained the mechanics. Mounting mechanic is uneccesary, and you could have just said in the mechanic that Blaster moves with his side special (Or just made him be able to move anyway). The tilts do too little damage on my thoughts. I think the throws are pretty creative in terms of effects. Lag probably needs to be detailed on ALL of the sections, maybe, but it's easy to read and understand anyway.

32º Centigrade

Smash Rookie
Thanks everyone for the comments, though you all seem to all seem to have clashing opinions. Junahu seems to like Slack Off, while MT doesn't; Junahu thinks there's too much detail, and Katapultar thinks there could be more. Argh.

Anyway, I appreciate your criticisms, and hopefully my next moveset will be better.

And, yes, I have read Magnezone. It was delicious.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Hi, everyone! Did everyone have a nice summer? And if you're in school or college, I hope that this year has gone to a great start for all of you. It's my freshman year in High School this year, so I'm a bit worried about how this year would be like, but so far it's been fine. Anyways, it looks like the thread is still bustling and still thriving with activity...I'm sorry that I haven't been keeping up lately, nor making any posts. I've been a bit pre-occupied with other things, but that's no reason to simply not say hello every once in a while.

It looks like that there are a LOT of amazing movesets already...I've only read the last ten or fifteen pages or so, so I haven't read nearly all of the movesets lately, but I can tell that each one must've been fun to make! (Sorry if I offend anyone, but I have to say my favorite had to have been Hornet Man, he was a very fun read! Hornet Man just seemed to radiate happiness and energy! That might change though, as I haven't even read a third of the movesets, as stated before~ [Almost no bias] Sorry again ^^') I think I'll try and follow Junahu's advice; comment on other movesets posted before your own, it's nice and doesn't deter people from reading your own. I think I phrased that wrong, never mind. I've been working on Toadsworth steadily and slowly, but I'm afraid he's becoming too similar to Toadette...but I should stop talking about myself now.

(I'm so sorry if this isn't the right place to say it, but it's just...convenient. Sorry for that, and my laziness.) I also apologize that I ignored your invitation, MarthTrinity. > <; I've been busy, as stated before, and I'm not really a great talker. I'm sorry if I disappointed any of you! (Although, once you read my moveset, I'm sure that that's to disappoint. If that makes sense.) I may regret saying this though, so it isn't a definitive ... statement.

I know it's late, but... Thanks again, everyone, for welcoming me into the Make Your Move community so kindly. I hope that I can stick around for a long while! Oh, and I'm sorry once again for having a big block of text everywhere (But with Toadsworth around, I think you'll all get eyesores...I really need to get out of this ... um, habit. Or habits. Argggh! ^^' Don't mind me. I tend to write whatever I'm thinking into my posts, and...I forgot again...Um, just ignore me. I'm a wreck. D:)

So um...that was awkward. Okay then, I'll try to post a bit more frequently from now on!~ Good-bye!

Edit : Oh, um, I wanted to edit this because of my um, sort of biased (Okay, maybe not 'sort of') comment about Hornet Man. I'm sorry agidius > <; But I really thought it was a fun read.

And um, wow, another great moveset right after my post! Thanks for the welcome back, Chris Lionheart! ^^' Flygon looks great a glance (Ooh, tunnels? I used to love crawling in the tunnely things at my school playground; we'd used to play card games there; it was a bit bright, though), I'll try and get a small review (I'm not very good at them though, and I'm not exactly obligated to give anyone a review yet...), but...no matter how small, I'm almost sure that it's always of help! Sorry. ^^' Rival Trainer looks nice at a skim as well, I hope that my [Thinking about doing it] Bellossom set will look as nice as both of yours, Chris Lionheart and JOE!. Both of your layouts are very attractive! I'm thinking of doing something similar, and getting rid of my rambles and such...speaking of which, I'm doing it again, right? Oh, that's a really big problem I have to dismiss...

I doubt anyone is going to see this edit though, so...> <; Oogh.

Oh, and it's very nice to see you again, SirKibble! I hope you're doing well; but from the sounds of it, you're having a bit of trouble (I know I'm dense...). I can't send any letters, but...I hope that you'll um, get some. Is it okay if we e-mail you instead? Then again, you would've already given that...um, sorry, I'm not very good at these kind of things.

But it really has been a pleasure seeing you again...you'll always be remembered in our hearts!

I'm also once again very sorry for this ... blatant edit that nobody is probably going to see. But, SirKibble! Um, I just don't think that I know you enough to post a hello...in plain sight. I'm doing that right now, sort of...but, that wouldn't be nice, or considerate...

Oh, I messed up badly again. I know it's very awkward speaking with me, I often have trouble talking to myself! (Not that I do...okay, maybe I do, a little bit...)

...Ummm, I bet you're all weirded out by now if you read the whole thing.

Okay then, well, I guess I'll stop typing this edit now. Sorry for all of the mess!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Blaster

Plorf got royally owned with this set... he had been planning to make a set for an immobile cannon for ages... but actually, I'ld say Plorf's pain is only limited, as, while this set isn't necessarily bad for a beginner set, it's far below average.

Ok so Blaster can apparently not move... oh wait... yes he can... and at the speed of Kirby... but only by using his Side B. His Down B causes him to be completely immobile and immune to knockback until he takes 20% damage. Simple, but interesting.

Unfortunately, the rest of the moveset does not live up to the interestingness of this concept. Most moves are such straight-forward generic projectiles that are so similar to each other that one cannot help but wonder why certain attacks would ever be used. For example, the Forward Smash is made completely pointless by the Down Smash, which is theoretically and literally twice as good.

In addition to this problem, the set largely seems to suffer from lack of detail, occassional bad grammar, and extreme underpoweredness.... Pathetic moves in the set like Up Tilt just really show you how bad of a character Blaster is for competitive play... actually... Blaster would be bad for any level of play.

It's good to see you again, Meadow.

Sorry for the double-post.. I thought I had a new page (facepalm). My bad... oh well, enjoy the set.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Flygon

Spirit of the Desert

Flygon is nicknamed "the spirit of the desert" because it's always enveloped by a sandstorm as it flies. It's wings create a series of notes that sound like singing. Red covers shield it's eyes from sand.

Stats

Height- Large

Flygon is about 6'07", making him a large character, probably about the size of Charizard. He also levitates above the ground during his idle pose, walking pose, and dashing pose, giving him about a Kirby's height above the ground. This makes Flygon immune to low attacks but vunerable to high attacks and aerials.

Width- Skinny

Flygon has roughly the same width as Mewtwo in Melee, tail and all. His wings do serve as a bit of an awkward hurtbox, though, extending his upper width a good bit.

Weight- Light

Flygon weighs 180.8 lbs, which is well-distributed given his size. For balance purposes, Flygon will have a weight roughly that of Mewtwo.

Walking Speed- Same as Mewtwo
Flygon's walk pose and speed are identical to Mewtwo's "walking".

Dash Speed- Fast

One of Flygon's highest stats is his speed. His Dash pose looks much like Mewtwo's, but it is as fast as Marth.

Jumps- 5

First Jump- Same as Mewtwo

Both in pose and effect.

Second Jump- Same as Mewtwo

Both in pose and effectiveness.

Third Through Fifth Jump- Weak

Flygon flaps his wings, granting him very little vertical height, barely more than a stall. Comparable to Peach's second jump in Brawl.

Falling Speed- Very Slow

Flygon falls incredibly slow, probably as slow as Jigglypuff if not moreso. Given his effective jumps and slow falling speed, he will probably need to use a stall then fall to get down quickly.

Traction- Unaffected

Flygon levitates, making him completely unaffected by traction. This makes him turn on a dime and immune to tripping.

Dodges- Great

Flygon has some of the most effective dodges in the game. His dodges are all quick to start and his rolls cover a good distance, about the distance of Mewtwo's rolls.

Crouch- Great

Flygon's crouch works a lot like Dedede's, switching around his height and width stats (his wings are no longer a part of his hurtbox during the crouch, as they are wrapped around Flygon like a blanket of sorts.

Crawl- N/A
Flygon has no crawl.

Wall Jump- Yes, 3

Wall Cling- Yes, 1.33 Seconds

Glide- Yes, About 1.5x the distance of Charizard's Glide

Animations

Standing Pose

Flygon hovers about Kirby's height above the ground as it flaps its wings slowly. It seems pretty relaxed.

Idle Pose

Flygon enters the cycling animation style used in the headers of this set.

Walk Pose

Same as Mewtwo's.

Dash Pose

Same as Mewtwo's.

1st and 2nd Jumps

Same as Mewtwo's.

3rd, 4th, and 5th Jumps

Flygon flaps it's wings one quick time, getting a small amount of vertical height that is barely more than an aerial stall.

Shield

Flygon is surrounded by a veil of sand that makes it impossible to hit Flygon. The sand thins as the shield weakens, becoming more vunerable to shield poking and eventually disappearing altogether.

Sidestep

Flygon spins around one time as it moves to the side. It almost seems playful as it lets out a little happy little buzzing sound. This is a very quick dodge, even by sidestep standards, having nearly no lag at all on the beginning and only average dodge lag at the end.

Airdodge

Same as sidestep.

Roll Dodge

Same as Mewtwo's.

Crouch

Flygon seems to fall backwards and lay down, looking towards the sky. It uses it's wings as blankets, somehow still hovering above the ground. Aside from being adorable, this crouch switches around Flygon's height and width, changing his hurtbox drastically.

Specials

Neutral Special- Sand Tomb

Flygon dives downwards until reaching ground- one of only a few times he will ever not be levitated- and starts rapidly digging a tunnel made of sand. Flygon takes a full two seconds to build a tunnel when he reaches the ground. You can cancel the move and continue building the same tunnel later. There is no ending-lag when building tunnels.

Flygon's tunnels work much like warp pipes in the Mario games, except with more freedom. To enter a tunnel, press B when above one, causing Flygon to dive down into it with no lag. Flygon is able to remain mostly-submerged in a tunnel, with only his tail sticking out as a hurtbox (naturally this drastically reduces both height and width). By using the control stick, you can cause Flygon to appear in the nearest tunnel in that direction with a 1 second lag. Flygon is even able to move straight from the stage to a platform through the use of tunnels, as cartoonish and unrealistic as this is. Pressing the jump button causes Flygon to jump out of the tunnel, allowing you to land some of Flygon's effective aerials.

Foes can also use the tunnels, but they take twice as long to go from one tunnel to another, lacking Flygon's excellent tunelling abilities. If Flygon enters the same tunnel as the foe, he will proceed to grab them, at which point he can use his pummel and up throw on them.

Flygon can have as many tunnels as he wants, so long as he has sufficient space (tunnels are as wide as he is).

{N/A}

Side Special- Twister

Flygon flaps his wings several times very quickly (it almost looks like one blurry flap) and whips up a bluish-purple tornado roughly the same size as Flygon (not counting levitation and wings). This move has medium lag on both ends. The tornado moves the distance of Final Destination at a very slow speed (roughly 1/3rd of the speed of an Ice Climber's Ice Block.) Everything (characters, items, solid projectiles, etc.) that is caught in the tornado gets spun around very rapidly and is then shot a high distance into the air (KO'ing starting at 100%) after three seconds of spinning in the tornado. Affected foes are dealt no damage, but still spin around for another 2 seconds. Foes can still attack as they spin, but, due to spinning, attacks that only hits one side can easily be used in the wrong direction.

Everything that is caught in the tornado can bump into other things, dealing 5% per object (this damage is additive) that bumps into eachother (based on weight) at a rate of once per second.

If used while in a tunnel, tornadoes will appear on every tunnel entrance, effectively barring passage into and out of the tunnels, for 3 seconds (they will even shoot Flygon out). These twisters will not move, rather staying on the tunnel entrances. With enough tunnels, I suppose this would make a large portion of the stage unusable to foes suited for ground combat.

The use of this move is highly varied. You finally have a projectile, but unfortunately, it only does conditional damage, effectively working to annoy foes, bring foes into the air (either by forcing them to jump or shooting them into the air directly), stop projectiles, and suck up items/minions/etc.

{conditional}

Up Special- Sandstorm

Flygon starts rapidly flapping its wings, flying around much like Pit. A large sandstorm, roughly 3 Bowser's widths in circumference is whipped up, surrounding Flygon. The sandstorm constantly changes shape, making it difficult for foes to ascertain Flygon's position. This move has some brief beginning lag. Flygon flies at about 3/4th the speed of Pit's Up B for roughly the same duration. Flygon can attack while using this, and, despite the Sandstorm continuing during the attack, the duration of the attack is not deducted from Sandstorm's duration, thus making Sandstorm a tempting way to add damage to Flygon's multi-hit aerials. If Flygon is struck, he will not become helpless, but he will fall a considerable distance (roughly his height, not counting levitation), as the hit causes him to cease flying briefly. He will resume flying for the remainder of the duration after getting ahold of himself again. Aside from masking Flygon's location, the sandstorm also deals 3 hits of 1% per second with no flinch to foes inside of it. A singing sound can also be heard inside of the sandstorm. This is created by Flygon's wings. The singing and the sandstorm, of course, stops if Flygon is hit and resumes when Flygon regains control of himself. Flygon is not left helpless when this move end, being capable of using any move but this one until struck or grounded.

If used while in a tunnel, sandstorms three Bowser widths wide will surround every tunnel entrance, dealing 3 hits of 1% per second with no flinch to foes inside the sandstorms.

{3 hits of 1% per second}

Down Special- Boulder

Flygon whips up a bunch of sand by flapping its wings rapidly and forms it all into a large and suprisingly solid sand-colored boulder for very high beginning lag. He then carries it much like a box. When used in the air, this makes Flygon fall very fast as he carries it. Flygon can throw the boulder with all the same properties as Bonsly or just simply set it down. The boulder also absorbs projectiles and attacks, though players can run right through it, only picking it up if they hit A on it. The boulder shatters after taking 20%.

When used underground, the produced boulder is really not large at all, being about the size of a bob omb. Flygon can hold onto this as long as he wishes, or he can kick it up into the air from his tunnel, creating an interesting (if not humorous) projectile that deals 3% and low upwards knockback (never KOs) on contact. This smaller chunk of sand only takes medium beginning lag to produce and is thrown (kicked) with little lag at all.

This attack is very unorthodox, seemingly playing no use in the set other than being a possible, but very predictable, killing option. It's actually not quite as much of an oddball move as one would think, however. The boulder can be used to block off a tunnel from opposing use and/or punish the foe with highly punishable pick up lag should they try to lift the boulder.

{Depends on usage}

Normal Attacks

Neutral A- Bite

Flygon extends its neck forward max length (about the length of Marth's sword) and bites. This attack deals 7% and medium horizontal knockback (KOs starting at 130%). This attack has low lag on both ends. Great priority. High hitstun. The main downside to this attack is it's awkward hitbox (just Flygon's fangs).

This could, in theory, be used to rack damage, but it tends to be awkward to hit with.

{7%}

Dash Attack- Body Slam

Flygon charges about a Battlefield platform forwards, tackling foes in its path. Struck foes take 7% and are pinned to the ground. Flygon can take advantage of this to perform his pummel and throws, effectively making this an alternate grab. This has little beginning lag, but huge ending lag if it is whiffed. Medium priority. If whiffed, Flygon will be flat on its face, able to use its rising attack after the ending lag from Body Slam ends.

A good method of damage racking and comboes. Realistically, if you manage to land the Neutral A, you should always try to follow it up with the Dash Attack and then the Up Throw (to bring the foe into the air). Actually, you should always attempt to combo this into the U Throw (and thus the aerials) even if you have no lead into the Dash Attack.

{7%}

Tilts

Side Tilt- Dragonbreath

Flygon breaths a narrow stream of bluish-purple fire forwards over the length of a Battlefield platform. The stream of fire is so narrow at its beginning and it is at the level of Flygon's head, meaning that short characters can simply stand by Flygon and dodge the move. The stream widens as it goes along, at the end being just wide enough to hit all small characters other than Pichu who are not ducking. This attack has fairly high beginning lag, medium ending lag, and a very short duration. Deals 11% and medium forwards knockback (KOs starting at 145%). No priority (it neither cancels attacks nor is canceled by attacks). Minor hitstun.

Not a particularly good move for damage racking due to its high lag and narrow hitbox, but its horizontal reach does make it worth considering.

{11%}

Up Tilt- Dragon Claw

Flygon slashes upwards with his right claw, starting from the right side of his body and going straight upwards, having little horizontal reach. This move has almost non-existant beginning lag, a very short duration, and little ending lag. Deals 4% and good straight-upwards knockback (KOs starting at 120%). Lackluster reach (about that of any punching move). Medium priority. No hitstun.

One of Flygon's few decent damage racking options on the ground and a good way to bring the foe into the air where Flygon can rack up more damage.

{4%}

Down Tilt- Sand Attack

Flygon scoops from the ground by it and slings sand forwards, which travels in a slope shape, gaining more vertical hitbox as it goes. This attack deals a pathetic 2% damage without so much as a flinch. Low lag on both ends but a duration and properties similar to that of a sex kick. The reach of this move is about half a Battlefield platform. High priority. No hitstun.

Why would you ever use such a horrid move? Not for its damage, of course. Rather, this covers the foes eyes in sand. When the foe has sand in their eyes, all of the attacks will auto-miss, as if your character had sidestepped them. The sand stays in their eyes for a potentially unlimited duration, but there is a way to remove it. To remove the sand, the foe must stand still, causing their character to enter an eye-rubbing animation. It takes 1 second to remove the sand from a character's eyes, but this can be cancelled much like a chargeable special and continued later.

{2%}

Smashes

Side Smash- Dragon Rage

Flygon becomes visibly angry as it rapidly claws and bites forwards, moving forwards as it goes at the same rate as Marth Down Tilt spam.

This Smash is actually a number of attack cycles (right claw, left claw, bite), each cycle having a duration of about 1/3rd of a second. Charging the smash changes the number of cycles (1 cycle at no charge, 2 cycles at 1 second charge, 3 cycles at 2 second charge, 5 cycles at 3 second charge). Each claw deals 3% damage and flinching and each bite deals 5% and low forwards knockback (kills starting at 300%), except in the final cycle, in which the bite deals good forwards knockback (kills starting at 110%). This can be DI'd out of, but doing so can be rather difficult, as only the bites deal any knockback. This attack has fairly high beginning lag and high ending lag. Medium reach (roughly that of a kick in all attacks). Great priority. No hitstun. Flygon has superarmor when biting.

{1...5(3%+3%+5%)}

Up Smash- Fly

What would Flygon be without the move that makes up a part of his name, right? Anyway, Flygon starts rapidly flapping its wings (charging pose). Upon release, Flygon shoots up very quickly and then crashes down just as quickly.

Flygon flies upwards based on the charge:

(The distances I'm using are ignoring the height of his levitation and bring a character's feet to that height.)
No charge = Battlefield stage to low platforms.
1 second charge = Battlefield stage to high platform.
2 second charge = Battlefield stage to blastline of Battlefield.
3 second charge = to the blastline of any stage from any height.
(This is, of course, assuming nothing impedes flight.)
(This, of course, can not KO Flygon, as it will not raise him above the blastline.)

Foes struck by Flygon at any point take 10%. Deals good knockback (killing starting at 120%) on the upwards flight or spikes on the downwards flight. This move has medium lag on both ends. The hitbox is just Flygon's body. No hitstun.

An interesting thing happens if Flygon takes knockback while flying. The trajectory, but not distance, of his flight is factored in to the knockback, effectively giving him a large amount of upwards direction if struck while rising or downwards direction if struck while falling.

It is also very noteworthy that flight can be cancelled at any time, allowing for a variety of uses, such as aerial mindgames and comboing, or simply for putting Flygon a great distance into the air.

{10%}

Down Smash- Earthquake

Flygon starts flying upwards a short distance (Mario's height per second) while this move charges. Upon release of the charge, Flygon dives down to the ground and stomps (one of the few moments he ever touches the ground), causing the entire surface to shake once. This has literally no vertical hitbox at all, but it covers the entire surface it is used on. Struck foes take 15...25% damage and trip. This attack has low beginning lag but fairly high ending lag.

An interesting thing happens to foes who are stuck in one of Flygon's quicksand tunnels. These foes are dealt double the normal damage and are spiked all the way to the bottom of the tunnel.

{15...25%}

Aerials

Neutral Aerial- Gust

Flygon flaps his wings once strongly, creating a powerful gust of wind that blows enemies, projectiles, etc. away much like Mario's FLUDD. There are, in fact, many different invisible currents in the gust, each one being essentially just a straight line extending out from Flygon. The foe is dealt decent knockback (KO'ing starting at 175%) in the direction of that line and taking no damage. The circumference of the gust is about the width of King Dedede's side tilt around Flygon. This move has low beginning lag and some slight ending lag.

The use of this move is explanatory, being a gimping tool and a projectile defense, as well as a decent spacing tool.

{0%}

Forward Aerial- Tail Whip

Flygon lashes forwards with his tail, much like if he were whipping the foe with it. This has a great sword-like reach in front of Flygon and can be spammed very easily, each attack having very minimal lag and only taking about 1/5th of a second. Each hit of this move deals 5% and doing a low set forwards knockback that only serves as a spacing tool. Good (jointed) priority. Slight hitstun. The attack can be aimed up and down slightly by inputting diagonal directions, making it even better for poking and proding.

{5%}

Back Aerial- Scissor Wings

Flygon playfully lies down on its back in midair (reducing its vertical hurtbox and lengthening its horizontal one) and starts scissoring above its head (in the direction backwards of its original position) with its wings for low beginning lag. This deals five hits of 3% and flinching, drawing the foe in for the next attack and being rather difficult to DI out of, with low backwards knockback (KOing at about 500%) on the last hit. Medium ending lag. A bit below average reach. Good priority.

A good move for quick damage racking.

{5 hits of 3%}

Up Aerial- Slice N Dice

Flygon flips upside down with his tail pointed in the air like a spear before chirping once and then rapidly spinning (all of this beginning lag takes about 1/3rd of a second). Flygon will spin for about 1 second, slicing foes with his wings and tail for up to 10 hits of 2% damage that are hard to DI out of. Flygon then breaks outs of the spin and gives a light upwards kick that deals an additional 3% and below average straight upwards knockback (KOs starting at 180%). Medium ending lag. The move has reach and priority comparable to the whorenado, and while Flygon can't control it's movement during this, he aerial stalls during the entire spinning portion of the attack.

An incredible move for damage racking (up to 23% dealt) that outprioritizes most other attacks but comes at a cost of an above average (and very recognizable) beginning lag, a high duration, and average ending lag, creating an overall slow and punishable attack.

{2%(10) + 3%}

Down Aerial- Scoop

Flygon scoops its tail downwards while facing the camera, it looking a bit like the typical spike-type dair, but what's this? Flygon isn't actually trying to spike the foe down... he's trying to sling them up into the air right where he wants them. This attack deals an okay 8% damage and decent upwards knockback (KOs starting at 150%). Low lag on both ends. Great reach (that tail is the length of a freaking sword). Medium priority.

This attack serves the same purpose as most of its ground game- to bring the foe back into the air, right where Flygon is best. This attack is effective against both grounded and aerial foes, effectively allowing you to juggle and combo them in a way. What does this attack combo into? Well... really, it compliments Flygon's entire air game.

{8%}

Glide Attack- Dragon Tail

Flygon uses the momentum of his glide to go straight into a heavy downwards tail swing that is similar in hitbox to Snake's Fair. Has low beginning lag but rather high ending lag. Deals 12% damage and spikes the foe diagonally downwards in the direction Flygon is facing. Good (swordlike) reach. Medium priority.

This is definitely one of Flygon's best killing options, despite the limitations of it being a Glide Attack.

{12%}

Situationals

Rising Attack- Burst

Flygon leaps to its feet thrusting its wings upwards. This causes foes to be dealt 10% and decent upwards knockback (KOs starting at 160%). Completely lagless. Medium upwards reach. Medium priority.

This is easily Flygon's most important situational as he can use it at will by whiffing his Dash Attack (though the Dash Attack hitting is simply a better option) and it puts the foe into the air.

{10%}

Ledge Attack- Slash

Flygon jumps up and slashes with his right claw. Equivalent to Mewtwo's Fair in Melee in all stats.

Easily one of the better ledge attacks in the game and actually has nice KO'ing potential... too bad it's a situational attack.

{Same as Mewtwo's Fair}

Tripped Attack- Tail Trip

Flygon gets back up to its feet while spinning its tail 360 degrees around the floor, tripping all struck foes and dealing 5% damage to them. Low lag on both ends. Good reach on both sides equivalent to Marth's D-Tilt. Medium priority.

Seeing as this puts a foe into a vunerable position on the ground, maybe Flygon will actually be able to hit with one of his fairly powerful ground moves-perhaps even trip them again using his Down Smash if timed right.

{5%}

Throws

Grab- Wrap

Flygon lashes out forwards with his tail and wraps the foe in it. Great reach for a grab and low beginning lag at the cost of high ending lag if whiffed.

Pummel- Bind

Flygon tightens the binding of his tail on the foe. Deals additional damage with every use in this grab (1%, 2%, 3%, etc.). Average pummel lag.

{1%...2%...3%...etc.}

Forward Throw- Sling

Flygon swings its tail forwards and releases the foe dealing no damage but great forwards knockback (kills starting at 100%). Average lag.

Flygon's best throw for killing... too bad it deals no damage and doesn't combo into his aerials.

{0%}

Back Throw- Dizzy Throw

Flygon shorthops and starts rapidly backflip spinning, making the foe very dizzy until finally releasing them one second later for 7% and good backwards knockback (kills starting at 120%).

Just... not a good throw. Flygon's Forward Throw easily exceeds its killing abilities while not being slow. Flygon's Up Throw is better for bringing the foe into the air (and thus comboing). Flygon's Down Throw is better for damage. Pass.

{7%}

Up Throw- Tetherball

Flygon playfully starts flying upside down while lifting the foe into the air with his tail. He then starts rapidly kicking the foe around with his feet until finally releasing the foe and kicking them up in the air for 9% and decent upwards knockback (kills starting at 165%). Entire duration of the throw is about equal to Kirby's Down Throw.

Flygon's best throw because of its combination of good damage and synchronization with Flygon's airgame... which is pretty much what Flygon revolves around if you haven't figured it out by now.

{9%}

Down Throw- Tombstone!

Flygon flies upwards a bit with the foe until turning upside down in midair and then crashing down with the foe to the ground. A very painful move for the foe as it deals 15% and causes the foe to lie helplessly on the ground (too bad their invinceability frames keeps you from comboing them or chaingrabbing them). Throw has a duration of roughly 1/2 second.

{15%}

Final Smash

Quicksand!

Flygon tunnels underground and unleashes its massive powers over the desert sands to turn the entire ground into quicksand (stage, platforms, and all). Foes who are touch the ground are pulled in by the quicksand slowly (taking 5 seconds to completely be dragged under). The more they fight it (move or button mash), the faster they are pulled under. When they are pulled underground, they will find that Flygon is already waiting for them and there are tunnels to run around just like in Pac Man... except that the ghosts are hungry Trapinch's... and Flygon himself. Uh, oh! If Flygon or a Trapinch manage to catch a foe, they will eat them (no jokes of a sexual nature please >_>), causing said foe to lose a stock. This Final Smash lasts about 20 seconds.

Taunts & Poses

Up Taunt- Flygon Fly!

Flygon starts buzzing its wings and says Flygon Flyyyy!!!

Side Taunt- Fly Fly Flygon!

Flygon starts frontflipping in air while saying "Fly!" "Fly!" and then stops flipping and let's out a playful, yet somewhat powerful "FLYGON!"

Down Taunt- FLYYYYYYYYYY!!!!

Flygon turns toward the screen and starts waving.. Hey... wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?... "FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!"

Up Victory Pose- Buried in Sand

Flygon celebrates his victory at the beach. Some annoying children obviously buried him in the sand when he slept, not that he's really going to care when he wakes up. The foes are also buried in sand though... it's pretty lulzy to see Ganondorf's angrily screaming at children as his head sticks out of the ground.

Side Victory Pose- Sundance

A random Poke-cosplayer (the MYM'ers will recognize as Sundance :p) runs in wearing a Flygon costume. Flygon has obviously mistaken him for a female as a wide-eyed Sundance starts to flee in terror.

Down Victory Pose- Food

Flygon carries off the lowest scoring foe and holds them over a lot of hungry Trapinches as the helpless foe screams almost comically waving their arms around crazily. Don't worry kids, you won't see any more. :p

Loss Pose- Wing Clap

Most characters clap their hands, but Flygon claps his wings.

Pros & Cons

Pros

Fast movement.
Good at damage racking.
Great air game.
Ground game compliments air game.
Can use tunnels to get around the stage, approach, surprise attack, dodge projectiles, and more.
Has an anti-air projectile while underground.
Can recover from a fairly long distance.
Recovery does not leave him helpless.
Good grab game.
Has a few good short comboes.
Doesn't lack killing moves.
Cannot trip except by things like Diddy's Banannas.
Awesome Final Smash.

Cons

Large target.
Light weight.
Floaty.
All grabbing options (minus the conditional tunnel grab) are painful if whiffed.
Tunnels take a long time to build and there is travel lag between them.
Tends to be predictable on the ground.
Foes can also use tunnels.
Recovery is easy to gimp.
Tends to be a bit over-reliant on spikes or throws for killing.

Playstyle

Flygon is one of the most strikingly unique characters you will ever play despite revolving around his air game much of the time. This is because he can go from tunnel to tunnel in a second and laglessly pop out of a tunnel to peg an unsuspecting foe with his aerials.... sort of like the foe was trying to play Whack A Mole... and you're a really evil mole with wings and a tail!

So, to get started, Flygon should use his speed and jumping abilities to get some distance from the foe and begin work on a tunnel. The foe may be able to camp you with projectiles, but you can camp them as well with tunnels. If need be, you can use a boulder to absorb projectiles while you dig.

You'll be wanting more than just one tunnel of course... and placement is everything. Having them all near your camping site won't do you much good at all... you'll need to come out of your hidy whole and dig some more! No hurries though... you're more than capable of putting up a fight even without your ground-controlling tunnels thanks to your aerial capabilities. To buy time for tunnel building, Flygon may want to consider moves like his Side Special, Down Smash, and Down Throw. You could also just use another one of those boulders to absorb any projectiles the enemy may try to rain on you.

For damage racking, Flygon will rely mostly on his great aerial damagers like Uair, Fair, and Bair. To keep a foes airborne, Flygon can use his Dash Attack to Up Throw combo, or simply his Grab to Up Throw. He also comes equipped with a Dair that scoops foes upwards. The Side B is also able to force the foe into the air, but it is simply too slow to accomplish this reliably. The Up Tilt is a quick, but weak, means of knocking the foe into the air. Lastly, simply having enough tunnels will sometimes force the foe to avoid them and become airborne.

Finishing foes can be quite the task. If you wish to finish them in the air, then your best option might be your glide attack, which spikes the foe diagonally downwards, quite lethal when done right. Ground finishers are usually easier to pull off and are most likely to come in the form of your throws, namely Forward Throw. You could kill the foe by throwing a boulder at them, but this is very predictable.

Tunnel combat is Flygon's most distinguishing feature. Once Flygon has enough tunnels built, he can travel from tunnel to tunnel in a second and jump out right into his aerials to surprise and damage foes. Flygon is at an advantage while in tunnels, as his hurtbox is drastically reduced and foes cannot make nearly as much use of tunnels as he can (and if they try, they may get grabbed, which is exactly what they don't want). Flygon can also use his Boulder move while underground to fire a projectile up at foes who attempt to jump over him, discourage foes from entering via the use of Up Special while under ground. He can temporarily block all tunnels via Side Special underground. Lastly, single tunnels can be blocked by placing a boulder on them.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Okay, I thought Kirbywizard was going to post that set now that I was going to inspect for typos.

[size=+2]Flygon[/size]

For a first glimpse at Flygon, it looks like it was made for much more reason of fun compared to the Black Knight, so it's OK. Flygon's stats seem a tad too good, but if he's a big lightweight, then, maybe...
Flygon's mole-aerial game is a decent idea, some of Flygon's attacks did not perhaps all fit in with Flygon's holes, but that's ok. The D-Special did kind of seem, well, a bit unfitting, to have a Bonsly property item, hurts, even if it's laggy, it would be very hard to use. Apart from that stuff, the set was quite decent and all.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
All of the previous movesets looked great! I'm impressed to see the average quality of sets since MYM 4-5, also I'm quite glad to see Onishiba's back! ;)

Also, I'd like to announce my newest set, which will replace Probopass as my random Pokémon moveset, Gengar! I'll then try to do The Trophy Master, my OC. I decided to one OC per MYM, which would all be part of the Masters Organisation. ( Just invented it, I'm gonna find a better name later! xD ) That just means each of my OCs will look like The Trophy Master, but his abilities will be completely different and his look will also change a bit.

P.S. : If anybody wants to do a Pokémon joint set, ask me! I'd love to do one!

It's getting hard to show off our signature! :( Thought they fixed that...

JOE!

Smash Hero
@ FLYGON:

1st thing, i like how he'd be the only character in the game to be immune to Dtilts

Specials:

pretty cool moves, but isnt Sand Tomb more like DIg? :p (stopped really following pogeymans after crystal, so correct me here)

and do they last the whole match..?

other than that quip, i love how well the specials synergize with each other.

using ST, Twister and Boulder in unison to trap a foe could be funny as hell :bee:

Smashes:

dragon rage not doing set damage? wtf.... :p

Fly and Earthquake are awesome additions to his unique ground and aerial game, synergizing perfectly with any way you'd choose to play him!

Standards:

His ground game is neat, having alot of poke-moves in his tilts and jab, as well as an intrigueing "blinding" effect in sand attack, making him annoying to approach at the least

Aerials:

this is where he truly shines (outside of when he does tunnel shenannigans).

In the air he seems to have a tool for every situation:

a reflector or sorts, a poke, great damaging options and a killer glide. He should definatley be feared when he gets his opponent airborne.

His grab game is cool, if a bit lackluster outside of his funny sounding Uthrow and epic Dthrow. You didnt mention exactly the range of his initial grab though.

The final Smash is just epic, i mean, pokemon pac-man mixed with death, awesome :bee:

Overall, he sounds like he'd be an annoying character to fight against, and also one with a nice learning curve in order to pull off those shenannigans that drive his opponents crazy. :)

The only quip i realllly have about him is that he has a mild case of poke-fever, using alot of Pokemon moves for his....moves instead of making more original moves like you did with some of his aerials and throws. (Sand attack is awesome though)

now, IMPORTANTE:​

Now with a new page, I have gotten PERMISSION FROM THE LEADERS to repost my set from earlier to decongest an allready Set-filled page from earlier that only got worse with it's massive size...

(dont hate me if i multi-post here, have no other option <.<)

JOE!

Smash Hero
Warning! Challenger Approaching......

Your Rival from the Pokémon games joins the brawl!

The Rival Trainer is always your first opponent, and the one you face all the way to, and overcome to become the top trainer in the game. He is almost always one step ahead of you, having the next badge, having more Pokémon, and most importantly: having the starter that beats your's!

Rival Trainer this time around hails from the Johto region and brings it's respective starters:

Chikorita, Quilava and Feraligatr, which counter Pokémon Trainer's starter choices by their typing.

Like Pokémon trainer, he can switch between the three with his down special: Pokémon Switch, and his three also suffer from Fatigue. They also have the interesting type effects seen in PT's 3, in that Chikorita takes more KB from fire, Quilava from water, and Feraligatr from grass typed attacks.

Without further adieu, let's see his first Pokémon:

CHIKORITA

Chikorita, the leaf Pokémon. Chikorita releases a sweet, relaxing fragrance from the leaf on it's head.

Size: 1/10
Chikorita is among the smallest playable characters, being only nearly the size of Olimar.
Weight: 1/10
Being so tiny, she weighs about the same as G&W.
Walk: 4/10
She walks at a decent pace, but being so small means she cant cover much ground.
Run: 7/10
When she runs however, she can truly book it.
Power: 2/10
Chikorita is by no means a powerhouse.
Attack Speed: 8/10
what she lacks in power, she makes up for in swiftness.
Range: 4/10
Being so small limits her range, yet having a giant leaf as a weapon helps.
Priority: 7/10
Her leaf is disjointed and hits fast, yet isn't as hard hitting as other weaponry.
1st Jump: 3/10
Stubby legs don't carry you that high.
2nd Jump: 5/10
By using her leaf, Chik can gain extra height.
Recovery: 5/10
She lacks a triple jump, yet has a great way of surviving.
Fall Speed: 3/10
Chik's lightness causes her to be a tad floaty
Air Speed: 6/10
She's more aerodynamic than she leads on
Crouch: 2/10
She just lowers her head, not much of a difference

Hover: No
Crawl: No
Wall Jump: No
Glide: No

Standard Pose:
Chikorita stands straight, bobbing her head left to right and swaying her leaf slightly.
Idle Pose:
After some time she will then look left to right, then bring her front foot up to scratch her head like a dog, winking the eye facing camera (same side being scratched)
Walking:
She trots along with a slight bobbing motion.
Running:
Chik picks up the pace, losing the bobbing and scurrying her little legs along.
Dashing:
Chikorita goes at a full clip, her front and back legs in unison similar to Ivy's dash.
Crouching:
She simply lowers her head, her leaf resting along her back.
First Jump:
Chikorita pushes of the ground with all four of her stubby legs, getting about as much height as G&W.
Second Jump:
Using the leaf like a propeller, she swiftly spins it once around, gaining about the same height as her first jump.
Shield:
Chikorita puts her big leaf across her front protectively, and braces herself by planting her feet firmly.
Spot Dodge:
She ducks back, bowing her front as she ducks swiftly towards (facing right) or away (facing left) from the camera.
Roll:
Rolling forward, Chikorita runs very fast for a short (small stage builder block) before turning to face the opponent. She is hittable while turning.
Rolling backwards, Chikorita hops back, using her leaf to propel herself slightly like in her Second Jump, and takes a moment to land. Same distance and hit-period as forward roll.
Air Dodge:
Using her leaf yet again, she propels herself into a little front-flip as she ducks to the background, before straightening out into the foreground.
Asleep:
When put to sleep, she will curl her leaf around her front and lay down, legs spread out. Her head will bob slightly as she snores.
Dizzy:
She staggers left and right a little, her eyes rolling and leaf swaying.
Fatigued:
Chikorita looks sad, her eyes halfway closed as her head is lowered slightly, panting.

SPECIALS

Neutral Special: Leaf Storm​
Leaf storm is the same move her Pokeball counterpart uses, and has the same range (about 2/5 of FD) and animation (swinging her leaf around and shooting razor leaves).
However, it is the Fox Laser to Ivysaur's Wolf. It causes no hitstun and does 2% per hit, but it's speed and priority should be handy for racking some damage on dangerous opponents.

Side Special: Sweet Scent
Sweet Scent is a staple of Chikorita's moveset. At the startup of the move, Chikorita bring;s her head back slightly, readying her leaf as a slight pink powder forms around it before throwing her leaf, and the powder forward while shouting “Chi-ka!”. She then rears her head back to normal after dispelling the scent.

Sweet Scent does not deal damage, but instead effect's the opponents in multiple ways based on their %:

0-50% will cause her foes to either trip or enter a brief (.5 sec) “dizzy” state as the smell overwhelms them.
If airborne, the opponent will enter a footstooled state and tumble downwards a bit.

50-100% will be even more devastating to the opponent as the scent begins to confuse their tired body, causing the “control stick reversal” seen on the Spear Pillar stage. The effect lasts for 2 seconds and reverses up with down, and left with right on the control stick. This can lead to a great gimping and mind-gaming option if your opponent is unaware.
No change while airborne.

>100% is when the scent becomes just unbearable, and they fall asleep for 3 seconds, just enough to finally land that killer blow.
If used in the air, it is downright deadly: it will cause opponents to enter their free fall state for 3 seconds, making it a horrifying gimp tool.
(On characters that do not have a "free fall" animation, they get the footstooled effect for 3 seconds and fall)

The animation lasts for about half a second, with the scent coming out at about a quarter of one (and lasting for about half a second itself). The range of the powder is similar to the explosion of Samus' Down Tilt, but appearing in front of Chikorita. She must act quick to hit her window of opportunity, or perhaps use it as a setup for their partner in a team setting.

Up Special: Aromatherapy
Aromatherapy is a unique move that yet again uses Chikorita's ability to create special scents.
At the beginning of the move, Chikorita draws her head to the side, her leaf now creating a white powder. She will then spin her head around twice swiftly, creating a bubble of white powder around herself about the size of Donkey Kong when he crouches while saying “Chikorrrita!”. Then she will do a half swing of her leaf to go back to neutral position.

The bubble will cure all status effects on herself, and her teammate such as flower, sleep, stun and even drive pikmin away. The move will also heal herself and her teammates for 10% damage, a handy tool if you can manage not to be punished.

This move also has the interesting effect of refreshing yourself or your teammate's second jump, or curing them from free fall state for their third. The move can also cancel momentum at the moment when she swings her leaf (.4 seconds in) and slows her fall considerably like Fox's reflector does in mid-air, creating an unorthodox, but effective recovery option for Chikorita.

Be careful with how you use it however, at 1.2 seconds it is sort of laggy, and Chikorita is a sitting duck during the whole time.

Down Special: Pokémon Switch​
The down special is the same as Pokémon Trainer's. Rival tosses the pokeball at Chik, saying “That's enough!” or “Return!” with authority.
Quilava will then come out with “Go, Quilava!” or “Finish 'em, Quilava!” based on whether the opponent is over or under 100%.

STANDARDS

Neutral Attack: Weed-Whacker
Chikorita swings her head forward then bobs, causing her leaf to spin rapidly in a circle after a moment and continue as long as A is tapped or held.

The leaf has above average priority, but only reaches as far as Mario's jab.

The leaf will inflict 1% every .1 seconds (or 10% per second) as the leaf comes around, and inflict very minor knock-back as to keep opponents in range. It will last indefinitely, but has a quarter-second cool down as Chikorita returns her head to a neutral position.

Damage: at least 2%, Time: .4 seconds (discounting held time)

Dashing Attack: Lawn-Mower
Chikorita swings her head hard in an arc forward, towards the opponent, sending her leaf in a strong cutting motion upwards. This covers the area in front of her and slightly above, all in the same range as her jab, but covering a wider area overall. After doing the attack, she will skid slightly while returning to neutral.

6% damage, light KB., .1 seconds

Forward Tilt: Donkey Kick
She swings around quickly, and boots her adversary with her two back legs, stretching out a bit to extend her range to slightly more than her Jab. If you hit with the tip of her feet it does slightly more KB.

The move has light-moderate Kb, and takes about .2 seconds, 8% damage.

Up Tilt: Hedge Trim
Chikorita swings her head up swiftly in an arc, slashing that leaf of hers quickly in front of and above her back. The leaf reaches about her own height above her, and does some decent KB for one of her attacks.

Moderate Kb, .2 seconds, 10% damage

Down Tilt: Cutting the Grass
Chikorita's leaf is swung at a low angle along the ground, slashing at opponent's feet and causing some nice damage from a safe distance (about half her body length away). This move either causes the enemy to sometimes trip (10% chance) or simply get out of Chik's face for a moment.

Light KB or Trip, 8% damage, .1 seconds.

SITUATIONALS:​

Ledge Attack:
Chikorita gets up and crawls up the ledge, after getting about halfway up she swings her leaf in front of her, knocking away would-be attackers.
8% dam, light KB

Over 100%:
When over 100% damage, she climbs up quickly and attempts to check any opponents with her shoulder while getting up.
10% dam, moderate KB

Tripped Attack:
Chikorita will swing her head around in a wide circle, slicing anyone who gets close with her leaf as she gets back on all fours.
5% on each swing, light KB.

SMASHES

Forward Smash: Leech Seed
Her forward smash is a bit unorthodox, seeing as it does no KB. Instead, it just does straight-up damage via “seeding” the opponent with a special flower.

To start (the part where you can charge), she draws her leaf to the side, a green powder forming around her leaf, which will grow with charge. She then swings her leaf up, saying “Chika!” as the green powder flys outwards in about the area of Kirby's rapid punch. Any foe(s) caught in the powder will have the flower effect put on them for 1-3 seconds (depending on charge) and be dealt 10% per second (up to 30%!)

The leech seed also creates life as it steals it: for every second (up to 3) the flower is on, a piece of food will shoot out! The food is limited to all the fruit/vegetable options from the food gallery, and will shoot from the flower, either giving Chikorita, or possibly the seeded opponent a chance to heal themselves

Chikorita cannot seed the same opponent while it still has the flower.

Charge for: 1.5 sec (every .5 sec is a second added)
Damage: 10-30%
Heal: 3-6%
Speed: .5 seconds

Up Smash: Leaf Blade
An upgrade to her Hedge-trim technique, Chikorita rapidly swings her leaf back and forth 4 times above herself, saying “Chi!” with each swing.

Her leaf has a bit more range than her uptilt, covering more of her back and extending a bit higher.

Each hit grows in power, but only the last hit has any decent KB, however it is helped by the prior 3 hits, making it one of Chikorita's only finishing options.

Charge for 1 sec
1st hit: 3-4% minor KB
2nd hit: 4-5% minor KB
3rd hit: 5-6% minor KB
4th hit: 7-9% high(er) KB (about the same as Link's Utilt)
Total: 19-24%
Speed: .8 seconds

Down Smash: Poison Powder
Another unorthodox move from Chikorita. Poison Powder, like her F-smash, does not do any KB, however, it does create a sort of “trap” on the field.

Chikorita bows as her leaf begins to glow purple (charge period) while saying “Chii...”. She then will slap the leaf on the ground in front of her, saying “..korita!”, creating a purple-tinted cloud the same size as Aromatherapy.
Anyone who steps into the cloud will then steadily take damage as if they had a white pikmin on them! (6% every .5 sec)

The cloud lasts anywhere from 5-10 seconds, depending on charge, and will disappear if Chikorita decides to make a new one.

Fortunately for opponents, the cloud isn't too big, and can be passed through easily. It does however create an interesting barrier for Chikorita, and a neat anti-edge tool.

Charge: 2.5 seconds (every .5 sec adds a second to the cloud's life)
Speed: .75 seconds
Damage: 6%-120% (near impossible to keep an opponent in the cloud for a fully charged 10 second version)

AERIALS

Neutral Aerial: Rotor Leaf
Chikorita curls up and sticks her leaf out, spinning three times like a propeller, damaging foes with her leaf. As always, her leaf is disjointed and has good priority. The move makes for a nice “get off me!” move due to a quick startup.

Damage: 3% per hit (9% total), Light KB

Forward Aerial: Leaf-otine
Chikorita draws her leaf back slightly before bringing it down swiftly in a front flip, bringing some pain from above. This is another of Chikorita's “real” kill moves, yet she has to be in the air, and have a fairly damaged opponent to pull it off.

The leaf covers the same distance as her Uptilt, yet in a different direction, and doing Downwards KB.

Damage: 12%, Moderate KB
Speed: .75 seconds

Back Aerial: Chik-Kick
Looking back, she kicks her rear legs back fiercely outwards to send opponents flying. This is her second quickest aerial, and with a small-ish hitbox, and longer range makes it a good option for poking through defenses.

Has the same range as her Ftilt

Damage: 8%, Moderate KB
Speed: .2 seconds

Up Aerial: Leaf Propeller
Chikorita swings her leaf around her head twice, mimicking a helicopter. Also like a helicopter, the propeller motion pushes opponents away (upwards) very slightly, providing a possible window for Chikorita to survive some aerial attacks by delaying them by -that- much

Damage: 3% per hit (6% total), minor KB, minor push (up)
Speed: .3 seconds

Down Aerial: Plant
Using all four of her legs, she pulls them up, then stomps down all at once, sending her foes plummeting.

This is an odd move even for Chikorita. It does minor damage...yet takes half a second to pull off. However, it will -always- push an aerial opponent down about a (medium) stage builder block down, providing a potential gimp. On top of that, the move holds true to it's namesake: it will “plant” a downed opponent!

Be careful though, it is slow and easy to see coming, coupled with lower priority.

Damage: 4%, fixed KB, “plants” grounded opponents.

THROWS

Grab: Vines
Chikorita sends out two vines from the buds on her neck to grasp a foe. Unlike Ivysaur, her vines are small, having about the reach of Mario's cape, as well as about the same animation time.
She also carries items in front of her with these vines.

Pummel:
Chikorita slaps opponents with her leaf, doing 1% per hit, yet being able to do so quickly.

Forward Throw:
Chikorita lifts herself onto her enemy's front using her vines, then while exclaiming “Chika!”, she pushes off with all four legs, pushing them away.

6% damage, light KB

Back Throw:
Chikorita musters some strength and flips her opponent behind her with her vines, then drops them from a height (about the height a BF platform is above the ground). Chikorita is free as soon as she drops her foe, giving her time to react.

This throw doesn't KB, but does 6% damage, and causes the enemy to enter a “foot stooled” state, where they essentially just fall, and must get up. Fortunately for them, Chikorita must turn around to capitalize.

Up Throw:
Chikorita raises her opponent over herself and spins her leaf rapidly, letting them fall into it for a good 5 hits (10%) and doing moderate KB upwards and away from herself.

Down Throw:
Chikorita drops her opponent down and trots over them proudly, doing 3 hits for 2%, then kicking them backwards along the ground (diagonal down, moderate KB) with a final kick for 3%

Total damage: 9%

FINAL SMASH

GIGA DRAIN​
Unlike Pokémon Trainer, who works as a team in his final smash, Rival focuses on each of the Pokémon as their own fighting force.

Chikorita's Final Smash is the Grass Move: Giga Drain, and unlike the rest of her moveset, is unbelievably potent.

After breaking the smashball, Chikorita's leaf will glow bright green, along with the normal aura that surrounds a character who gets a final smash. Finding an opponent, she must be in her Jab range to activate, swinging her leaf into them and shouting her name fully(the screen zooms in and other action stops as with other FS's)

After being hit, green energy flows between the two combatants as Chikorita's current damage is halved, and transferred to her opponent! So if Chikorita has 20%, she will administer a 10% trade with High KB, while healing herself. However, if Chikorita is in the danger zone, she can quickly turn the tables by sending a tremendous amount of damage to her foe and healing herself just as much.

Regardless of her own percent, the move will always have a high amount of KB, doing about the strength of Marth's Fsmash (non tipper) and at least 15%.

It has a short range however, and to be a true killer, one must be sort of beat up while having it.

Up Taunt:
Chikorita says “Chiii...” while arrogantly swinging her leaf around twice, spreading her legs out as if bracing for something

Side Taunt:
She sits then swings her leaf forward, dispelling a small amount of her powder (25% chance of either white, green, pink or purple) and says “Chika!”

Down Taunt:
Chikorita turns and looks to the screen, winking and waving with the arm away from camera, saying her full name.

She turns based on which way she faces.

Entrance:
Chikorita appears out of the Pokeball and says her name, jumping slightly as she does.
Rival either says “I choose you, Chikorita!” or “Get in their head, Chikorita!”

Win Pose 1:
Chikorita sits happily with her eyes closed, rocking her head back and forth as rival crosses his arms and says “You're good...but I'm better!”

Win pose 2:
Chikorita runs around Rival's legs happily before being returned, and Rival says “That's enough!” with a with a cocky look upon his face as he pockets the pokeball.

Win Pose 3:
The camera zooms out from Chikorita rubbing her head against her master's leg happily before being returned. Rival then chuckles, looking back at the loser(s) and says “Chumps..”, tossing the pokeball idly up in one hand repeatedly.

Lose Pose:
Chikorita looks afraid before being returned to her Pokeball by Rival, who then looks at the Pokeball in his hand and grumbles angrily.

Kirby Hat

Kirby gains Leaf Storm after swallowing Chikorita.​

Playstyle: Quick and Careful.​

Chikorita plays a very different game then most other fighters. Being light, floaty, having nearly no power and a lackluster air game only makes her seem bad at a glance, but it is when you use her specials in tangent with everything else she has that she becomes a force to be reckoned with.

For starters, she can heal herself at will, along with refreshing her own double jump (although still gimpable), she can reverse your opponent's controls, and she can rack damage like nobody's business with her smashes and leaf storm.

Her only real weakness is that she's, well, weak. Chikorita has plenty of tools to keep herself alive (as well as her teammates), and to rack insane damage, she just has a lot of trouble finding that killer blow, especially seeing as Usmash can be DI'ed out of easily. It might be a good strategy to use Chikorita to manipulate your opponent or damage them enough for an easy kill with one of the other Pokémon, or better yet, your partner in a team match!

Playing Against: Leaf-Blower.​

The key to beating Chikorita is to get her airborne. She is VERY light, and floaty, and with a lackluster aerial game (not very powerful, low range) it should be easy to juggle her.

She is also AWFUL off stage, having only a means of Horizontal or downwards recovery, getting her below the edge should spell some trouble due to her average second jump, and that Aromatherapy lets her fall for a moment.

Be wary of her Sweet Scent tho, it is a powerful gimping tool and comes out fast. Just remember it has a short-ish range and only appears in front of her.

Pay attention to her ground game as well, she can rack up INSANE amounts of damage without you noticing, and her small size and healing abilities make her a bit tricky to actually get a killer move in. Uprooting the plant should be your best bet.

QUILAVA

Quilava, the Volcano Pokémon and the evolved from of Cyndaquil. It's body is covered with fire-proof fur and can withstand any fire-type attack.

Size: 5/10
Quilava is about the size of Luigi, kind of average for the range of the brawl cast
Weight: 4.5/10
He is also of average weight, if not on the lighter end of that scale, like Sonic.
Walk: 4.5/10
He walks slightly faster than Chikorita.
Run: 6/10
He runs pretty fast, right behind Chikorita in fact.
Power: 5/10
While Quilava has some strong attacks, he mainly focuses on racking up damage.
Attack Speed: 4.5/10
He is a tad slow overall, with most of his moves requiring charging.
Range: 6/10
His fiery attacks extend well beyond his body.
Priority: 6/10
His fire certainly helps push past other attacks.
1st Jump: 4/10
His legs aren't made for hops...but he can get some distance. About the same height as Link
2nd Jump: 6/10
Using his rear fire as a sort of jet allows him to jump about as high as TL's second jump.
Recovery: 8/10
He has two decent recovery options (vertical and horizontal) as well as a great second jump
Fall Speed: 7/10
He is a pseudo-fast faller however., similar to Captain Falcon
Air Speed: 4/10
Quilava doesn't travel horizontally as fast though the air as he does...vertically.
Crouch: 6/10
By crouching, Quilava can near half his height, but is still about as tall as Chikorita.

Crawl: Yes
He crawls just like his Dash (mentioned below) but at the speeds of his walk and run.

Standard Pose:
Quilava stands on his hind legs, being about as tall as Luigi, and hangs his arms down over his chest, looking alert and ready.
Idle Pose:
Quilava, after a while, will become frustrated with having nothing to do, and bow his head, looking angry for a moment as his flames intensify slightly, before then going to neutral.
Walking:
Quilava walks on his two back feet, similar to Pikachu in that respect.
Running:
He leans forward just slightly and picks his legs up a bit more, pretty much a faster version of his walk.
Dashing:
Quilava goes on all fours and prances forward, his back arcing like a cat when it runs.
Crouching:
Quilava goes down on all fours, halving his height.
First Jump:
Quil crouches for a brief second, then bounds up using his two feet, looking up as he does so.
Second Jump:
Using his rear flame, he sort of “turns on the gas” and jets some extra fire out, rocketing upwards in a small front flip.
Shield:
Quilava bows forward, and puts his arms over his head. This makes his shield actually a bit lower than most other brawlers.
Spot Dodge:
He ducks quickly to the side and lands on his front paws, looking at his attacker as he does
Roll:
Forward roll has Quilava actually tumble forward, and midway twist his weasel like body around to face his opponent.
Backward has him roll backwards and do a little flip, before landing back on his feet.

Both go about the length of a Medium Stage builder block.
Air Dodge:
Quilava swings his lower body up, and out of the way of any would-be attackers, unlike his spot-dodge.
Asleep:
while asleep, Quilava's fire goes out, and he slumps over (like in his shielding pose) but with his eyes closed and his arms hanging. He rocks slightly as well.
Dizzy:
Quilava's pupils become tiny and swirl around in his head as he staggers back and forth, moaning his name. His flames also go out during this.
Fatigued:
As Quilava tires, his flames grow smaller, and his neutral stance seems to become more like his sleeping pose, becoming more slouched and unenergetic.

SPECIALS​

Neutral Special: Ember
Ember seems a bit underwhelming for a Smash bro's Pokémon move, but it is more handy than you'd think.

Ember's animation stars with Quilava drawing his head back (always faces camera) and building up some fire in his mouth. From there he spits out his ember, saying “Quil!” as he does, then takes a moment before going neutral again as the fire clears from his mouth.

During the first part of the animation, where he is building fire, Ember can be charged (up to 1 second) to determine the ember's size and burn time.

At base, ember will come out at about the size of Mario's fireball, and at about the same angle. Instead of bouncing however, ember will hit the ground, and spread into 3 tiny fires! These fires will stay on the ground for 2 seconds, and behave similarly to miniature PK fires (Ness). If a foe is caught in the ember, they take moderate damage as long as they stay in it ( 5% per second) and hit-stun, similar to getting hit by say, PK fire. This means opponents should have some trouble getting out.

Fully charged, the ember will spread into 5 flames, and take up the length of a battle field platform, while lasting for 4 seconds.

Ember patches do not go away if another is created, but last such a short time that unless you're on a team of 3 quilavas will you be able to really set a stage ablaze.

The animation takes about .75 seconds to do, and can charge for 1 second.

5-20% depending on opponent's actions

Side Special: Fire Spin
Another odd combination of moves, Fire Spin is reminiscent of Drill Rush and Skull Bash.

To begin, Quilava turns his body toward or away from the screen (facing left or right) and his flames spread around him slightly. Then after yelling his name, he goes off with a twist as the fire grows, spinning wildly around him as he shoots forward horizontally and ignites his opponents (about the speed of skull bash). When the move is over, he will either keep spinning as the flames die out, then free fall if he is in the air, or come to a skidding stop if he is grounded. Both endings have no hitboxes, leaving him vulnerable.

The move can be charged for 1 second, and can go anywhere in the range of Falcon Kick to Skull Bash.
The Fire surrounding Quilava also grows with charge, ranging from just about the size of the trail from Falcon Kick, to the width of the Start-up from firefox. The damage varies depending on whether or not the opponent gets trapped, but if hit once, one spin of the flame will do 6% damage and minor KB. The flames provide some above average priority, but strong attacks can push through.

Fire Spin can be tilted upwards or downwards as it travels.

Damage: at least 12%, potentially 24% (hits multiple times)
Time: 1-2 sec start (comes out at .3 seconds) , 1 second at the end. Mid time varies

Up Special: Flame Wheel
Flame wheel, like all his specials, is chargeable. The charge determines how far and how big his fire will grow, and like Fire Spin, it takes him with it.

To start, Quilava stands straight, growling as a ring of fire grows around him (charge period). After this, he will explode upwards, tucked in a ball and spinning wildly while fire surrounds him. At the end, her will then doe a slow spin forward once, then free fall. If it ends just above a platform, it will auto-cancel. The charge can go for 1 second, like all his specials.

The range of the wheel is anywhere from Samus' Screw Attack, to Diddy's Barrel Rocket, and can be angled left or right in an arcing motion to catch opponents, or to hit the ledge just right. Unlike Diddy however, the angle can be bent much more sharply, behaving almost like one of Sonic's specials in that regard.

The flames also grow with charge, going from the size of Samus' Screw, to as big as Bowser when he has the Screw Attack item. The damage caused by the flames varies based on opponent DI, but should at least get 10%, seeing as it has a light “trap” attribute like screw attack. The longer the charge the more damage Quil can potentially pull off, seeing as it lasts longer. Like with Fire Spin, the flames have above average priority, and do moderate KB, making it a safer recovery option, seeing as not many attacks can push through it while airborne.

Damage: at least 10%, potentially 20% (hits multiple time)
Time: .75-1.75 sec start (comes out at .2 seconds), .5 second end before fall. (0 if ends at a platform)

Down Special: Pokémon Switch​
The down special is the same as Pokémon Trainer's. Rival tosses the pokeball at Quil, saying “That's enough!” or “Return!” with authority.
Feraligatr will then come out with “Go, Feraligatr!” or “End this, Feraligatr!” based on whether the opponent is over or under 100%.

STANDARDS

Neutral Attack: Burn
Quilava growls and lowers himself on all fours. As he does, his two flames begin growing outwards and becoming more “active” (moving around more). The flames reach about the distance of Toon Link's sword behind and in front of him, and last as long as A is held. While doing this, his back is vulnerable to vertical attacks...

The damage from the flames varies depending on opponent DI, but will do about 6% per second caught, with Minor KB to boot.

The move takes about .5 seconds to start, and .5 to end. (the middle varies)

Dashing Attack: Pounce
With a running start, Quilava leaps towards, and crashes into his opponents in a full body pounce.

The move is pretty basic, but gets the job done if he is chasing or approaching, seeing as he clears a nice distance (2 body lengths, or a med stage builder block) a bit faster than his dash speed. While being a quick move, it has average priority due to it's lack of fire.

Damage: 7%
Time: .6 seconds

Forward Tilt: Swipe
Using his front paws, Quil lunges forward and bats his foe with one paw, then swiftly steps forward slightly and follows with the next if A is pressed again while tilting. Each swipe can be angled upwards or downwards like almost every F-tilt seen in the Brawl Roster, and can lead to some interesting close quarters combat.

Each swipe does 5% damage and minor KB. It is almost like having a second Jab move, providing Quilava with a 'get off me!' move, and a potential combo starter with each Swipe's angling ability, and cancel-ability after the 1st swipe. Each swipe has the range of Captain Falcon's 1st jab, and the second one extends only about as far as the first jab goes, making for a deceptively longer range attack.

Damage: 5-10%, Minor KB, .3 seconds per swipe (.6 total)

Up Tilt: Jumping Spark
Quilava stands completely erect for once, reaching about Falco's height, then does a short hop, now reaching about Ike's height, and violently swipes above him with his head fire in a 45* arc and saying “Lava!”, before coming back down with a tiny bit of landing lag.

This move is a bit simplistic, yet at the same time unorthodox due to it's range. The move covers a good distance above and slightly to the sides of him, and does Vertical KB, making it a decent juggle move or setup for an aerial. The move has the fire effect for it's hit, but it does not have the fire hit-box properties of attacks like Charizard's Fair.

Damage: 11%, Moderate KB, .6 seconds

Down Tilt: Hot Feet
Hot Feet is Quilava's best means of getting past a shield, seeing as a lot of his moves are either easy to power shield, or that his grab lacks some range. The move is fairly quick, and starts with quilava's head flame growing just slightly, before he blows a very low stream of fire, about the range of his jab (toon link's sword) from his mouth along the ground while crouched. The move hits VERY low and is an excellent poke move.

Damage: 9%, Moderate KB (vertical), .4 seconds

SITUATIONALS:​

Ledge Attack:
Coming from the ledge, Quilava will swiftly flip and kick away anyone near him with his feet, then land on them, going back to neutral quickly.
9% damage, moderate KB

Over 100%:
At 100% damage or more, Quil will crawl back slowly, and once his head is on the stage, use his Burn attack to scare away anyone who tries to get close.
12% damage, moderate KB

Tripped Attack:
After being tripped, Quilava will shoot a burst of fire from both ends quickly to clear the area, and then get up on his feet.
6% damage, light KB

SMASHES:​

Forward Smash: Double Edge
Double Edge is an interesting Smash attack in that on hit, it actually knocks Quilava back a bit.

The attack begins with Quilava growling “Quilll..” and then either dashing forward about 1 body length, or taking a moment to slowly bow and draw his foot back (charge period) before dashing. He then turns and throws his side (facing toward or away from camera based on which way he is facing) hard into the opponent with a hop, closing his eyes. On a successful hit the enemy will take most of the KB, while Quil will take a fraction, with no damage.

The KB inflicted on Quil shouldn't put him in danger of being KO'ed himself until around 350%. He is also thrown back at about a 45* angle, putting him a bit out of harms way (half the distance he traveled to the same distance he traveled based on charge, even more distance based on his own %) but in a small amount of hitstun.

If he doesn't hit an enemy (or hits a shield) he will act like Wario when he whiffs his Fsmash, regaining balance for a quick moment.

Time: 1-2sec(charge), Damage: 15-22% damage, KB: Moderate-High (enemy), Minor-Light (Quilava)

Up Smash: Eruption
A classic move of Quilava, Eruption is why he is called “the Volcano Pokémon”. To start, Quilava curls his arms in, and faces the camera (or away depending on which way he faced) and bows his head, closing his eyes as his flames begin to go into him like a fuse (charge period). After that, he lifts his head slightly and spreads his legs, saying “QUIL-” then erupts in a column of fire the size of Ness' PK Fire with “-LAVA!!”. After the move ends, he is left with some lag as his fire goes out, and some smoke seeps from him.

Eruption is a very damaging, but not necessarily powerful smash due to it's Multi-hit nature, and how opponents could DI out of it before it''s too late.

The column as mentioned is the size of PK Fire, and engulfs all of Quilava and about half his height above him, and will hit 6 times, with the 6th hit having a small burst of fire, and the most KB.

Time: 1.5-2.5 seconds, Damage: 22-36% damage, KB: Moderate-High (last hit)

Down Smash: Lava Plume​
Yet another volcanic move, this one has Quilava actually making some magma.

The animation begins with Quilava looking down and lifting his foot facing the camera. He then has fire wrap around him (charge period) before stomping down and creating a small area of molten stage below him, and two small splashes of it to either side of him, about half the size of the splashes created by Squirtle's Usmash uncharged, and about 3/4ths fully charged.

This is Quilava's quickest yet least powerful smash, being a good “get off me!” move as well as having some KO potential at higher %'s.

Time: .5-1.5seconds, Damage: 12-18%, KB; Moderate-High

AERIALS​

Neutral Aerial: Swat
A quick move to either continue or start a combo, or just get an aerial enemy away, Quilava quickly lashes his paw outward (opposite from camera) in a wide arc, turning slightly as he does.
It has mediocre priority like all his non fiery attacks do, but is quick and has a good reach.

Damage: 5%, Time: .3 seconds, KB: Light

Forward Aerial: Fiery Kicks
Another move that emphasizes Quilava's combo potential, this has him lean his lower body forward and deliver 3 swift kicks while turning in midair.

Each kick has about the range of Kirby's feet, with a little extra range thanks to the leaning forward.

Damage: 3-9%, Time: .6 seconds, KB: Light per kick

Back Aerial: Pressure Cooker
Going back to his Melee days as Cyndaquil, this is his old pokeball move.

He curls forward slightly and says “Lava!”, then his two flames grow and merge into a big focused area of fire. While hitting someone, he will slow down similar to when Yoshi hits with his Dair or when Falcon hits his Knee. The move is a tad laggy overall, but has a quick startup and end, and covers an ok area behind him. If he lands while doing so, he will fall on his back and force his “get-up” animation quickly.

Damage: Up to 25% with good aim, Time: 1-2 seconds based on how you land, KB: Minor

Up Aerial: Volcanic Flip
Utilizing his rear fire, Quilava flips himself vertically and burns foes above him in a wide arc, before flipping back into a neutral state.

The flip is a great followup on some of his moves, yet only covers an area about a 90* arc above him. Like his Utilt, it also doesn't have the “fire hitbox”, yet comes with a fire effect, and a bit better priority then his other non-fire attacks.

Damage: 6%, Time: .5 seconds, KB: Moderate

Down Aerial: Fry
Using his rear flame again, Quilava brings his legs up near his stomach as his fire grows, and quickly flashes out in a burst about the size of one of Toon link's sword yet again, but having a bit wider reach, and then quickly recedes as he returns to neutral. If he lands during this, he will face some ending lag as he gets off his rear.

The move has some spike potential, having Downwards KB, but is a better punisher due to it's quick startup, and nice range.

Damage: 10%, Time: .5-1 seconds, KB: Moderate.

THROWS

Grab:
Quilava's grab range is unimpressive to put it bluntly. Having little stubby arms doesn't make for the greatest reach, he only has about the grab range of Pikachu. It is about as quick as his as well.

Pummel:
While grabbing his opponent, he stands upright, and lowers his head, letting his head flames do the pummeling for him. Each pummel does 2%, and are average speed.

Forward Throw:
While holding on to the enemy, Quilava hops forward and does a front flip to his back for about a body length, then using his big feet like a springboard, launches them away in a 45* angle away from him before rolling back to neutral.

9% damage, Moderate KB

Back Throw:
Quilava shows off his flexibility again with this throw. He starts by tossing the opponent behind him slightly, then while still in the air, he hops with them and does a small double kick while turning, not unlike his Fair, knocking them back slightly and potentially setting them up for a followup as he lands facing his adversary.

8% damage (4 per kick), Moderate KB

Up Throw:
Quilava lifts his foe upwards slightly, preventing them from moving, then covers himself with fire as he does with many of his chargeable attacks, damaging then slightly then finally bursting them upwards in a small explosion about the size of one of Samus' morph ball bombs above his head.

12% damage, high KB

Down Throw:
Quilava throws his opponent to the ground, as they lay helpless, he then goes to town with 2 swipes, then a final boot to send them away across the ground in front of him.

Damage: 12% (2 for the slam, 3 per swipe, 4 for the kick) moderate KB (along the ground)

FINAL SMASH

OVERHEAT
Unlike Pokémon Trainer, who works as a team in his final smash, Rival focuses on each of the Pokémon as their own fighting force.

Quilava's final smash is the powerful Fire-Type move: Overheat, and it truly unlocks Quilava's fiery potential!

After breaking the smashball, Quilava will get the standard glow as all characters do. When he activates it, the camera zooms in on him as he goes through his Eruption animation quickly, and the flames stay there after!

Quilava now becomes like torchic, in that an aura of fire continually damages and traps any opponent close to him, sort of like if Burn or Pressure Cooker were all around him and constantly on. These flames have very high priority and do the same damage as mentioned moves above while doing all of Quilava's attacks.

The biggest bonus of the move may be that while Overheated, all of Quilava's chargeable moves (including smashes) are automatically full-charge! This means you can score some great damage or KO's right off the bat, and cause some real havoc in a match.

Be careful how you act however, this state only lasts for 12 seconds, and then you sputter out, having the camera zoom in on you as your fire disappears and a smoke cloud rises from you before going back to normal.

EXTRA ANIMATIONS

Up Taunt:
Quilava twists his body towards the screen and says his name with a nod, as he does so his flames burst a little.

Side Taunt:
Quilava gets on all fours, arching his back slightly and his flames grow while growling “Quilllllll...”

Down Taunt:
Quilava slumps over and closes his eyes half-way as if annoyed as his flames go out, and smoke rises from where they were for a moment before shaking his head and going back to normal

Entrance:
Quilava appears out of the Pokeball and says his name, his flames growing and being more active than normal when he does.
Rival either says “I choose you, Quilava!” or “Make it quick, Quilava!”

Win Pose 1:
Quilava scratches his head like with his paw, then looks up at his master with a smirk. Rival then crosses his arms, looking back and says “Don't be cocky, they're a bunch of wimps!”. Quil then loops the scratch animation and Rival looks to the camera, with a smirk of his own.

Win pose 2:
Quilava swipes twice towards the camera with vigor before being returned by Rival, who then pockets the Pokeball and says “Cool it!”

Win Pose 3:
Quilava is sitting, clapping for the other fighters and before you know it he is returned by Rival, who holds the pokeball up and says “What are you doing?!” with an alarmed look on his face.

Lose Pose:
Rival face-palms as Quilava claps for his fellow fighters, then just returns him with his free hand, the hand then hangs, holding the pokeball as he continues face-palming.

Kirby Hat:

Kirby gains Ember after swallowing Quilava​

Playstyle: Burn up the Competition
Quilava works best when he is constantly working at damaging the opponent. With his quick aerials, scary ground attacks, and unique special maneuvers he should have no trouble keeping the heat on his opponents.

Quilava has multiple options for going at his foes:

He can take to the air, using his tilts and throws to setup for his quick aerial combos, controlling the match in the skies.
He can use his specials to keep pressure on the foe, and trap them in his fiery embrace, keeping a great pressure game on them.
Or he can be tricky with his uses of Burn, Pressure Cooker and Ember to trap foes for quick and massive damage, then finish them off with one of his powerful smash attacks.

Overall, Quilava is an excellent all around character, having good damaging options, mindgames, combos and kill moves to swing the match in his favor. What you'll need to be careful of while playing him however is his punishable lag on a lot of his ground moves. He is a fast faller, and can be comboed a bit easily himself. He also lacks a great defensive game, so be ready to go all out on offense when Quilava is pulled out, and he'll shine.

Playing against: Smother the Flames
Ironically, Quilava doesn't deal with pressure all that well. While he does have “get off me” moves, they're all either low range, low priority, or too quick to stop some combos.

A major weakness of Quilava actually is his fire. It has limited priority, and if you have a move that can plow through his fire and hit him, he may be in trouble. This goes for his specials too, making his recovery a bit risky to pull off against foes who can reach him through his little aura of fire.
Keeping close, but not close enough to be affected by the likes of his quicker moves should put you in a safe zone where he has limited options, and when Quilava cannot go all out on you, is when Quilava is in trouble of being comboed or KO'ed himself.

In short: Stay close to the fire, but not close enough to get burnt.

FERALIGATR

Feraligatr, the Big Jaw Pokémon. The final evolution of Totodile. Once a Feraligatr has clamped it's powerful jaws around an opponent, it won't let go until the opponent is defeated.

Size: 9/10
Feraligatr is the BIGGEST starter you can get! He is about the height of Ganon, and about as wide as charizard.
Weight: 9/10
He is also really heavy, being slightly heavier than DDD.
Walk: 2/10
He clearly isn't in a hurry to get anywhere, he is about as fast as Ganon in this respect.
Run: 2/10
See above. Feraligatr has the third slowest dash in the game, tied with DDD and Zelda.
Power: 8/10
Surprisingly, for such a big, heavy character, Feraligatr doesn't have some of the epic power that comes with it, but he is by no means a weakling.
Attack Speed: 3/10
Feraligatr has a faster attack here and there, but most of his moves are slow like the tide.
Range:7.5/10
Being big and having an added water effect to your attacks helps your reach.
Priority:7/10
His attacks all have a bit more priority than your average character due to their power, and his water effects add another layer attacks may have to clash with.
1st Jump:2/10
His weight and smallish legs provide little lift for him. He only reaches about a battlefield platform's height in a full jump.
2nd Jump:3/10
Slightly better than his first jump, his second jump somehow manages to gain slightly more height than the first jump.
Recovery: 5/10
He has a decent enough recovery move, but combined with his Fall speed and poor jumps, its not exactly “good”.
Fall Speed:8/10
Feraligatr's weight lets him sink like a stone while in the air.
Air Speed:5/10
Fer's air speed is comparable to Snake's
Crouch: 6/10
His crouch gets rid of a lot of his height, but he is still a very wide target.

Crawl: Yes
While crawling, he actually moves about as fast as his run, to about as fast as his dash speed. He is very low to the ground now, being about as tall as Pikachu, yet as wide as 2 battlefield platforms.

Standard Pose:
Feraligatr stands, slightly hunched with his head and neck forward, his arms and fingers twitching slightly and his body moving up and down very lightly as he breathes. His massive tail is laying on the ground.
Idle Pose:
After a few moments of inactivity, Feraligatr closes his eyes and shakes his head like a dog, mouth slightly open. His arms hang down, unlike his standard pose, and his tail lifts off the ground somewhat.
Walking:
To walk, Fer lumbers forward, dragging one foot in front of the other, his standard pose changing little except that he sways back and forth a bit with each step. His tail drags along the ground.
Running:
While running, Feraligatr takes longer strides than his walk, and his tail moves back and forth along the ground.
Dashing:
Feraligatr's dash has him lean forward, becoming about Ike's height, and take very big strides. His tail is raised in the air and his mouth is open as his body sways back and forth a ways while running, and his tail wags along with it.
Crouching:
Feraligatr is on all fours, and about the height of Pikachu, his arms are bent to the sides as if he's doing a push-up to compensate for his small back legs.
First Jump:
To jump, he pumps his arms up, and lifts his tail up in unison, and pushes off with his small feet. Not much height gained...
Second Jump:
To jump again, Feraligatr slams his tail and arms down at the same time, as if swimming through the air, while looking up and actually goes a bit farther than his 1st jump. Using both full jumps he can just make it to the top BF platform from the middle.
Shield:
Using his big arms like a boxer, Feraligatr puts up his fists, and bows his head, creating a very big shield, but not as massive as say DK or Bowser's.
Spot Dodge:
During his spot dodge, Feraligatr leans all the way into the back or for-ground, waving his arms for balance as he stands on one leg, before going back to neutral.
Roll:
To roll, Feraligatr pulls a classic defense mechanism of Crocodiles:
He does the “death roll” by falling to his sides swiftly, then rolling either backwards a good distance ( a whole body length, or 2 battlefield platforms), or about ¾ of one for his front roll, as he turns to face the opposite way.

Feraligatr is privileged with possibly the best roll in the game distance wise, and speed wise (while rolling). He pays for it however with being able to be hit for a good .2 seconds as he gets up from his rolls.
Air Dodge:
In the air, Fer will bow his head, cover it with crossed arms and curl his tail around him slightly, spinning for a moment.
Asleep:
When put to sleep, Fer's eyes will shut and he will slump over into his crouch position, but with his torso and arms laying on the ground, and only his stubby back legs holding him up, He moves a bit as he snores.
Dizzy:
When stunned, Feraligatr has his arms hand down as his head bobs up and down along with his torso. His eyes roll around in his head as well.
Fatigued:
As the battle goes on, Feraligatr's Idle pose will change to him with his arms hung down, and mouth open, as if panting. His body will hunch just a little more as well.

SPECIALS

Neutral Special: Water Pulse
Feraligatr's first, and probably most frequent to use special is the water type move, Water Pulse.

To do the move, Feraligatr opens his mouth just a bit, water frothing around in his massive jaws, looking a bit like Godzilla charging his breath, arms to the sides, head tilted up slightly and all! This is the charge period, where Fer can increase the size and power of the pulse, he can also store the Pulse much like Squirtle or Samus, and can be interrupted while charging.

As he charges, he will flash pale blue, and will continue as he holds the full charge just like Squirtle. Unlike his tiny, shelled rival however, Water Pulse behaves much differently than water gun in that it is more akin to Charge Shot. When launched a ring of water leaves from his mouth as the pulse shoots out. Without any charge, a burst of water about the size of a Ray Gun (item) blast, and travel just as fast. Fully charged, it is the size of a nearly full charge Charge Shot, yet sort of tear shaped as if the ray gun blast swelled up. The blast at base has the same cool down as charge shot, so it is by no means spammable.

Pulse is an odd move for the way it is shot off, especially for a heavy, in that it does NO damage. Instead, it has Knockback/Pushback like Watergun or FLUDD, but all at once. The KB of the pulse is actually static, having about the pushing power of the Ray Gun blast, no matter the charge. What does change if the range of the pulse, from Luigi's fireball to Fox's Laser, which it will carry an opponent as long as they are hit by it.

Like the other water attacks, it has near transcended priority, really only being stopped by super armor seeing as the opponent becomes immune to KB. It is important to remember where and when to hit opponents with the move, seeing as they will be carried with the Pulse, and you don't want to waste a pulse you've built up to super armor or a move that can out power it. (Knee of Justice for example can out KB the hitbox of the pulse, and let Falcon power past it), or moves that can ride it safely (Fox's Dair can halt on one of the spinning frames as he rides the pulse, sort of speak, being safe for the most part). You will want to time it right as someone recovers, or just as they jump to get them caught for the ride.

Damage: N/A, Time: 3 second charge, .7 second cast, KB: constant

Side Special: Crunch​
A classic move for Feraligatr, Crunch employs those massive gator jaws of his to take control of his opponent.

The move starts with Feraligatr taking a small step back, then suddenly lunging forward, arms down and to his sides, with his mouth wide open for about the range of Charizard's Ftilt. If nobody is in range, he will simply clamp shut loudly and pause for a moment before going back to neutral.

If he catches someone however, he will clamp then down like Wario does and catch an opponent in his mighty jaws! From here, the opponent will constantly take damage, about 2% as long as B is tapped.

To get out of this move, the opponent must DI out of his mouth, as if hit by a multi-hit move (such as flamethrower), by pressing the control stick away, jumping or tapping A. Feraligatr can counter this however, by being able to move his head and body with the control stick as he mows down on his foe! He can be moved Up, Down, and towards and away from camera, tossing his enemy like a ragdoll.

Doing this not only makes it harder for opponents to get out, but does 3% damage when B is tapped while Fer swings his victim, and 3% if the victim collides with an object (floor, wall) and other players (both take 3%, other player takes light KB). After being released, the opponent will take moderate KB as Feraligatr spits them out.

This should be a great tool should an opponent come too close for comfort, or better yet...if you follow them offstage for a surprise Suicide maneuver. Fer can eat items with this move, and will take 5% for eating explosives (coupled with a bulging gut and smoky burp)

Damage: usually around 12%, but can go a lot higher based on circumstances.

Time: 1.2 second animation for the whole thing (the initial lunge only takes about .4 seconds, the lag if he misses however is .8...) The move can be held for quite a while if the opponent doesn't try to break out, and you move Fer correctly, the average should be about 2-3 seconds due to opponent's actions.

KB: light (if you hit someone)-moderate(spitting them out)

Up Special: Aqua Tail
Feraligatr's one and only recovery move, is the newer water type move: Aqua Tail.

It works the same both on and off the stage, Feraligatr lifts his tail up, almost touching his own back as water begins to slosh around him quickly, then he slams his tail downwards (or against the ground) and a large splash of water shoots out behind him, rocketing him upwards about the height of Fire Fox, and moving about the same distance (horizontally) as DDD's Up Special can.

After reaching the top of his large arc, Feraligatr will do a quick front-flip, losing the water covering he had at the start and begin to plummet in a pose akin to his Crouch, but with his arms and legs spread out. His head and tail will rise slightly as he falls as well. Then when he finally hits ground, he will splash down with a huge wave of water surrounding him (about the size of a DK ground pound) and knocking foes away in a mighty torrent!

Now to go into the mechanics of the move. The first part where he splashes water behind him will do 8% damage, and HIGH knockback, making it a sort of gimp move from a recovery. He then will be covered in rushing water as he jets upwards. The water around him is a constant Pushbox, and has a range of about DK's whirling fists around him, making it a very safe recovery option in that would be attackers will get pushed away from him by this protective layer. It is interesting to note that he has no Super Armor during this move, making a lucky hit possible if you can somehow manage to get past the wall of water, but he moves rather quickly upwards during it.

After reaching his apex, the water disappears, but anyone caught underneath Feraligatr will be spiked, receiving 12% damage and high downwards KB as he falls. If someone is unfortunate to be under Fer as he lands however, the splashdown will cause 22% damage, and extreme KB to the sides, as the opponent is crushed beneath him, and as the water rushes them away.

Its a great recovery move, and a potential killer. Be careful how you aim however, it is only cancel-able at the peak of the jump (dodge or press B), and it is essentially his only recovery option, with a laggy end, making it very predictable.

Damage: 8% for the 1st water hit, 12% for aerial hit, 22% for landing hit. (potentially 34%)

Time: 4 seconds

KB: high-extreme

Down Special: Pokémon Switch
The down special is the same as Pokémon Trainer's. Rival tosses the pokeball at Fer, saying “That's enough!” or “Return!” with authority.
Chikorita will then come out with “Go, Chikorita!” or “Mess em' up, Chikorita!” based on whether the opponent is over or under 100%.

STANDARDS

Neutral Attack: Croco-Combo
Using those big arms of his, Feraligatr will punch twice like a boxer, the first being a quick jab, then a slightly stronger gut-shot with his other hand. Then he uses his head, slamming his huge jaws down at his stunned adversary and raking his teeth against them.

This is Feraligatr's fastest move to come out, and nice for close combat due to the high, mid then arcing hits. The range of each of the punches is about that of Ganon's jab. The rake with his mouth has about the range of Wolf's Ftilt, giving Fer's total jab some decent overall range.

Damage: 4%, 5%, 8%.

Time: 1st hit .2 seconds, 2nd hit .3 seconds, 3rd hit .4 seconds (total 1 second) But the first hit comes out near immediately.

KB: Light, Light, Moderate

Dashing Attack: Ferali-scoop
Fer's dash attack is actually faster than his dash animation. To begin, he runs forward with his head lowered. After about 3 strides, he will violently swing his head/body upwards with a mighty roar, and launch anyone in his way skyward, using his massive head like a springboard with some impressive force. Afterwords he keeps the pose for a brief moment, giving the move a bit of a risk if you miss.

This is a slower dash attack, but has some surprising range (about a body length) and distance-closing abilities. Combined with it's decent power, it can make for a nice surprise kill-move.

Damage: 14%, Time: .8 seconds (hits at .6), KB: high

Forward Tilt: Tail Bash
The first attack to make use of his mighty tail, Feraligatr turns around swiftly, and while he does so brings his tail upwards, then slams it down in front of him in about a 40* arc, creating a thunderous clap when he hits the ground. He then quickly turns back around, making a full turn, which may unfortunately create an opportunity for retaliation.

The move has excellent range, about that of Ike's Ftilt, and decent power if you sweetspot the move near the end of his tail. Otherwise, it will only do moderate KB and damage. Be sure to space this right, and you will surely send foes flying.

Damage: 9%-15%(sweetspot), Time: .8 seconds (hits at .4), KB: Moderate-High

Up Tilt: Spine Lunge
Feraligatr's row of spines is put to good use here, using them to cause havoc on enemies above himself.

A simple but effective attack, Fer looks downwards, and pumps his arms back. While he does this, he shrugs violently with a growl and goes up in his toes a bit, thrusting his massive back-spike upwards and hitting about as high as Ike's Usmash, but having about 1/5th the horizontal range.
As he pumps upwards, his head spike also counts as a weaker hit in case someone tries to attack from the front, doing minor damage and KB. This is also Fer's fastest tilt, but the one with least power and comparative range, only really hitting above and very slightly in front of him (near point blank).

Damage: 8% (5% on weak hit), Time: .5 seconds, KB: moderate (light on weak hit)

Down Tilt: Trap Jaw
While crouching, Feraligatr can easily sink his teeth into his opponents and cause some decent damage at their vulnerable legs.

The animation is fairly quick for Feraligatr, having him start by reaching his head out just a bit while turning it to the right, and opening his mouth, then suddenly clamping down on his foe before opening again as swiftly as he closed, sending enemies away at a 30* angle, and withdrawing his head back slightly to his crouched pose.

While being a good move to poke a shield, it is a tad slow in both startup and ending lag. It has good rewards if you hit it however: the angle is decent for a followup such as a Water pulse or even Dash Attack. If you hit a recovering opponent, the horizontal KB can prove annoying.

Damage: 9%, Time: .65 seconds (hits on .3), KB: moderate

SITUATIONALS:

Ledge Attack:
While getting up, Feraligatr uses his girth to do the work for him as he pushes up slightly, then just belly-flops at any enemy unfortunate enough to be in his way, landing in his crouch position for a split second before going neutral.

Damage: 11%, KB: moderate, Time: .1 sec of vulnerable after attack

Over 100%:
After being damaged some, Feraligatr will get up slowly, and after his arms are up give a vicious snap with his jaws, sure to clear the area before he gets back on his feet.

Damage: 13%, KB: high, Time: .2 sec of vulnerable after attack

Tripped Attack:
When tripped, Feraligatr will do a classic Alligator death roll, but with a watery twist as a small wave of water comes from around him in about the size of the splash when he lands Aqua Tail, pushing foes away. This does no damage, just KB, but if an opponent hits the actual roll, they will take some damage and light KB.

Damage: 3%, KB: light-moderate

SMASHES:​

Forward Smash: Dynamic Punch
[font=”impact”]Quick History:[/font] Dynamic Punch seems a bit unorthodox for Feraligatr to use, but it has a bit of personal nostalgia for myself. Back in the day, when I played Pokémon Gold, I almost always chose Totodile. When he finally evolved into Feraligatr, it was around the time when you beat the Fighting-Type gym leader and receive the Dynamic Punch TM. After first putting it on Feraligatr seeing as it sounded cool, and he was the only guy usually who could take it, I fell in love with it's damage and confusion effects, as well as the sweet animation of an exploding punch of death. So now my potential Brawl Feraligatr has a piece of my own Feraligatr in it.

This smash is quite possibly the scariest move Feraligatr possesses as far as KO'ing is concerned.

To begin, he turns slightly, still looking dead ahead as he draws the fist facing camera back to his side, a faint glow circling the fist as he does so (charge period, glow increases with charge). He will then roar loudly and take a big step forward with the leg facing camera as he does a wide swing of his arm, going over his head as it arcs and crashes forward about the range of Falcon Punch in front of him, and hitting at about half his height.

It is important to note that when this move hits, it truly HITS. On impact, an explosion will occur doing massive damage and KB, and will only grow bigger and stronger with charge. This explosion ranges from the size of Samus' bomb going off, to that of one of her Super Missiles, making this deadly to all who come close to the unfortunate soul hit by the blow as the explosion has the same damage and Kb throughout it.

After Fer hits, both will act as if a special sweetspot occurred, having both Feraligatr and the opponent slowed down for a few frames as the explosion occurs before the victim is sent flying. After that is done, or if Fer doesn't hit anything, his fist will swing to hit other side, turning his whole body slightly along with it before he recovers to his neutral pose.

This move has some great range and amazing KO power. It's only problem is that it is horrendously slow, taking about a full 2 seconds to toss out if you don't even charge. Be careful of how you throw this move out, missing such a slow move could spell disaster for Feraligatr.

Damage: 25%-37%, Time: 1.3-2.3 seconds, KB: EXTREME (horizontal)

Up Smash: Hydro Pump

Another unorthodox move for a heavyweight, Feraligatr boasts the powerful water type move Hydro Pump for his Up Smash.

The move starts with Feraligatr bowing his head and crossing his arms just below his jaws, feet spread slightly as he turns slightly towards or away from camera based on which way he is facing (charge period). Once he is done building up, he will roar upwards, thrusting his arms back down to his sides as a torrent of water surrounds him swiftly, and a column shoots out from his mouth with impressive force, lasting for about half a second before the water falls down, splashing on the solid surfaces of the stage as Feraligatr takes a brief moment to recover.

Now, this move is odd in 2 ways, the first being that it involves that Pushing Water effect seen in some of his other moves. He employs the effect by having the torrent that surrounds his body suck up any enemies that happen to be too close up into the column of water, and pushed all the way to the top. This makes Hydro Pump a bit of a control move as opposed to a straight-up killer or damager, being able to manipulate airborne opponents, or those above you on a platform without ever having to go up there yourself.

The second odd thing about Hydro Pump is that it it may well be one of the weaker smashes in the game (very odd for Feraligatr), but it may also as well have one of the best ranges of any smash attack. The column that appears when he finally lurches up grows to about the height (and width) of Mario. Fully charged however, it will grow to the height of Bullet seed, being able to reach the height of Mario, if he were standing on the middle BF platform!

While it pushes opponents to new heights, the tip of the column is white with rapid waters sloshing around. The tip is the actual damaging part of the attack, having about the size of Olimar's helmet. When hit with this tip, the opponent will receive just about the same KB as DK's Uair, and about the same amount of damage ( 13%). The rushing water serves as an elevator of sorts to get foes to the tip, so they can be KO'ed easier, seeing as the charge only affects the size of the column, and not the power of it.

This is not a guaranteed kill up high however, clever foes can DI out of the column and potentially strike you back. This doesn't stop you from outwitting them as well, remember the water surrounds Feraligatr as well, and could possibly serve as a counter to some approaches due to the water's vacuum properties.

Damage: 13%, Time: 1-2 sec (comes out at .3 seconds), KB: moderate

Down Smash: Whirlpool

A more conventional attack of his, Whirlpool has Feraligatr curl his upper-body to the left, and his tail to the right as he tenses up (charge period). Once he is ready, a torrent of water whooshes around him twice as he recoils himself, facing the opposite way he turned with a menacing growl.

The water effect from this is a tad smaller than his other “splash” moves, only about as wide as MK's Dsmash, yet the water circles him up to his neck, making Whirlpool a pretty large attack overall. As always, the wall of water provides protection against some attacks, and does some moderate damage and KB as it swirls around him, hitting 2 times on each side, simultaneously.

Whirlpool has it's lag during the move itself, having relatively quick startup and ending times, making it one of Feraligatr's safer moves, yet not one of his more powerful ones.

Damage: 5-7% per hit (maximum of about 21% due to KB stopping all 4 hits)

Time: .8–1.8 seconds (comes out at .2, ends at .6)

KB: moderate per hit

AERIALS

Neutral Aerial: Death Roll
Laying out horizontally, Feraligatr will spin twice quickly to the side, using his whole body as a weapon, with a little bit of a water effect at his mouth. He returns to his normal air pose very quickly compared to his other attacks.

The hitbox of this is HUGE, but at the same time if is also his hurtbox. The only places where this is different are his mouth, which acts as a sweetspot of sorts for extra water-KB, and his spikes when they spin, which do an extra bit of damage. It would be a good idea to decide on what to hit with when you pull out a death roll. The size of the move itself should provide plenty of usage, let alone the specialized areas.

Damage: 4% (5% on spikes, also has 2 chances to hit), Time: .5 seconds, KB: light-moderate(mouth)

Forward Aerial: Rapids
Feraligatr brings his arms out at the sides and sprays a large volume of water in front of him, nodding his head up and down once each, creating a large area of moving water in front of him, that is about his size for a brief moment. After the water is gone, he will return to neutral.

This attack does only little damage, as well as Upwards and downwards KB (depending on which way his head moves when the opponent is near). The important thing about Rapids is that it creates a large wall of sorts in front of you for a brief second, and can absorb about any attack due to it's girth.

This could be the ultimate defensive move if you have the room to pull it off. Be careful of your airspace while making the wall, you need to at least double jump in order to get it going long enough to continue to the ground, and even then opponents may make it behind you where you're vulnerable to attack.

Damage: 5%, Time: lasts for and takes 1 second to animate, KB: light

Back Aerial: Tail Slam
Fer looks back as he raises that big tail of his up menacingly, then with a sudden thrust down of his head, it comes crashing down in a huge arc to send any airborne enemies down to earth. He then either takes a second to reorient himself in the air, or sits on the ground as his tail slaps against it, before going to neutral stance.

The move is your basic spike, but with a great range and the tail sweetspot at the tip shared with his Ftilt, doing higher damage and KB. The tail covers an arc similar to Marth's Fair, but with much more beginning and ending lag.

Damage: 8%-14% (sweet spot), Time: .9 seconds, KB: moderate-high

Up Aerial: Ferali-Clamp
Feraligatr streamlines his body vertically, arms down at his sides, feet against his tail as it and his head straighten out, as if he were jumping out of the water. Gaining this small boost in height, fer then opens and slams his jaws with tremendous force to do some scary damage to airborne foes. He keeps this pose after hitting (or missing) and falls for a bit, making it a risky move if you miss, yet sure to KO if you hit.

This is Feraligatr's most powerful aerial, being able to kill Mario at around 95%, yet it has the most ending lag compared to his others, seeing as it comes out fast. Make sure you land this when you toss it out, or you could be in a bit of trouble.

If he lands mid animation, he will stand, head skyward until his lad ends.

Damage: 16%, Time: .8 sec (comes out at .3), KB: high

Down Aerial: Gator Bomb
Flipping completely over backwards, after a moment of “hang time” Feraligatr will plummet downwards with his head and back spines jutting out to the left and right, and crash into the stage with a splash as his weight and spines squash anyone underneath him. He will then take a second to recover as he is on his back, leaving him a bit vulnerable. The splash of water, about the size of Whirlpool (but a fraction of the height), when he hits should alleviate this problem however.

While falling, he goes about twice his fall speed, and will go for about 3 body heights before he automatically returns to neutral pose.

This has some good priority for a bomb move, thanks to his spines jutting out. Don't be afraid to try and get back at jugglers with it, but at the same time don't expect it to kill.

Damage: 12%

Time: 1-2 seconds (comes out at .3, but has at least a .7 second lag time when landing)

KB: Moderate.

THROWS

Grab:
Feraligatr reaches out quickly with one of his big arms, looking almost like his jab's gut punch. While holding on he has the opponent off their feet, grabbing them around their waist or chest with his big hand. He has OK grab range, about the same as Ike's.

Pummel:
To Pummel, Fer simply winds back with his other fist, and gives them a good old-fashioned punch to the face. It does 4% per hit, but it is rather slow.

Forward Throw:
Feraligatr grabs his opponent in both hands, then winds himself to the side (away or towards camera based on position). He then tosses them far off in front of him with his great strength. It is important to note this sends them straight ahead, and could possibly be followed up with a certain projectile while they're offstage?

Damage: 6%, KB: moderate

Back Throw:
Feraligatr tosses his opponent over his shoulder quickly while his tail rises, and just as they get behind him he smashes them with it like a baseball bat, knocking them quite far away.

Damage: 14%, KB: high

Up Throw:
Taking his opponent in both hands, he lifts them up over himself quickly, and lets them fall in the air for a quick moment only to be met up with a vicious upward punch.

Damage: 12%, KB: moderate

Down Throw:
Feraligatr slams his opponent down in front of him, and then lifts his foot up as they panic under him (like with Bowser). He then stomps down with all his weight, launching opponents away from under him horizontally.

Damage: 16%, KB: high

FINAL SMASH
SURF

The iconic water type move: Surf finally comes to smash bros as Feraligatr's final smash.

When activated, Feraligatr will roar mightily upwards, then slam down to the ground in his crouch, still growling and waving his tail slightly. As he slams down, the ultimate wall of water will come below the stage!

Surf hits 3 times before receding, just like in the games, each time growing in size! In the first wave, the water rises up to just sweep enemies off their feet, hitting just about olimar's height above the floor before receding. The second wave is a bit faster, and reaches a battlefield platform above the floor, potentially trapping foes like he does with Water Pulse. The final wave barrels in at the height of the middle BF platform, washing any remaining enemies away with the tide off stage! Each wave also comes at about the speed of Charizard's dash, with the last two going just a tad faster each.

The waves come from the direction Fer faces on stage, but don't depend on where he is. This means he can face left on the right side of the stage and the waves come from the left.

Surf can be truly devastating if you catch an opponent off-stage with it, or just off guard, seeing as the only way to avoid the wall is to jump over each wave, or get caught in the power of the tide.

EXTRA ANIMATIONS

Up Taunt:
Feraligatr turns to face the screen (faces the way he was currently facing) and punches his fist facing camera into an open palm, then lets out a snarl, then blinks twice.

Side Taunt:
He bows forward slightly, hands out at his sides and shakes his body and tail back and forth as he unleashes a deafening roar, looking angry as he does so.

Down Taunt:
Feraligatr turns completely to face the camera with an angry look in his eyes. He then growls while stomping his left foot and massive tail down in unison, making a loud THUD and shaking the screen a tiny bit.

Entrance:
Feraligatr appears out of the pokeball with his head down, but then quickly looks to the sky just like his Hydro Pump animation and shakes his head and upper body side to side, roaring loudly.
Rival either says “I choose you, Feraligatr!” or “Crush 'em, Feraligatr!”

Win Pose 1:
Feraligatr performs his side taunt up close and personal to the camera, giving a nice view of his teeth before withdrawing to his neutral pose with Rival next to him.
Rival then says “Hows it feel to see true power?” with a sly grin to the camera as Fer withdraws from it.

Win pose 2:
Feraligatr is seen looming over the losing player(s), mouth open and ready to bite just as he is returned.
Rival says “Save it for next time!” as he does so, then pockets the pokeball while looking seriously into the camera.

Win Pose 3:
Feraligatr roars upwards to the sky and slams his tail down before being returned. As he is returned, Rival says “You never stood a chance!” as he holds the pokeball towards the screen with a wicked smile.

Lose Pose:
Rival is seen freaking out, pulling his hair and stomping his feet in rage that his fully evolved Pokémon lost. Feraligatr is seen behind him, on all fours growling angrily toward the other player(s).

Kirby Hat:

Kirby gains Water Pulse after swallowing Feraligatr​

Playstyle: Slow and Powerful Tide​

Lets not kid ourselves here: Feraligatr for the most part is rather slow, with only his 1st jab having any respectable speed to it. However, he does pack walls of water, and amazing power/range to make up for this.

Fer plays in extremes, either going on the extreme offensive, racking massive damage per hit, and KO'ing stupidly fast. Dynamic Punch, his Ftilt, Bair, Uair and Hydro Pump can KO stupid early due to their damage, the problem is landing it. Luckily your water effects can lead to opponent frustration in trying to hit you, which could set you up to potentially land one of these killers. Fer's throws are also stupidly powerful, but his pummel is terrible, making a breakout fairly easy. His grab range is also fairly short for someone his size, making the grab difficult, but rewarding.

He can also be extremely defensive, making himself a pest to damage by setting up walls of water with his specials and aerials, then Crunching foes who get close. Always remember Aqua Tail can gimp, along with push potential gimpers around, turning the tables against offensive opponents. Dair can also plow through Jugglers if they give you the chance. Be sure to play Fer to be very annoying with his water, and you'll be sure to be the ultimate tank.

Playing against: Bait the Gator

As stated, Feraligatr's moves are very slow, and he has trouble racking up damage outside of his Jab, Crunch and Death Roll attacks. He basically has little to no follow-up game outside of these due to his lag and power, so make sure to try and lure him into trying a power move, and punish accordingly. This will trick him into being in a vulnerable state of lag, and let you damage the big Gator more efficiently.

His rolls may seem annoying at first, but be sure to follow them, he has lag time after rolling that long. Once you punish his lag, try and juggle him close to the ground so he cannot retaliate with Gator Bomb or Rapids, his high fall speed and weight should keep him easily comboed if you get any momentum. Another way to abuse this would be to take him off stage, seeing as his crappy second jump and high fall speed leads to limited time to pull off Aqua Tail. Baiting any of his aerials off the stage should spell his doom.

In short, keep on your toes and don't get caught by any of his tricks or power moves, and jump at any chance to get in close and you should be able to wrangle this gator.

(holy crap, I exceeded how big a post can be!)

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

JOE!

Smash Hero
Rival Trainer's Extras

OVERALL PLAYSTYLE

Playing as Rival Trainer is like playing a team full of Spec Ops, each member is vastly different from the next, and it doesn't seem like they would have much synergy.

However, switching out Pokémon should prove to be a vital Asset in a matchup: for example, if Chikorita is struggling against G&W, you can rack some damage and use a throw to safely Switch to Quilava, who can deal with him a bit easier, or better yet Feraligatr who can handle the lightweight no problem.

Each Pokémon also has a way of making the area safe for a switch, whether it be a poisonous cloud, a patch of fire or just clearing the area completely. Try and find new ways to use the Pokémon's various attacks in synch with each other to become a true force to be reckoned with.

OVERALL PLAYING AGAINST

When going up against Rival, you need to be aware of each of the Pokémon's specialized strengths and weaknesses.

For example, Chikorita has trouble off stage, try and maneuver her below the ledge where she has trouble recovering. Quilava cannot deal with pressure all too well, out space him and his fire and you should have him beat. Feraligatr is in trouble when you get past his walls, seeing as all his moves are slower and he gets comboed easily.

Be sure to watch out for their specialties however. Chikorita can rack up insane damage without notice, and manipulate you like nobody else in the game. Quilava is a versatile character, and a combo fiend. Lastly, Feraligatr is a powerhouse with amazing survivability and spacing abilities.

If you can abuse these weaknesses, and work around each of their strengths during a match, you'll be sure to dominate Rival's team.

NEW POKEBALL POKÉMON

After unlocking Rival trainer, a new Pokémon Will be available from the Pokeball list:

Gyarados. This Pokémon has a vicious temperament, so use extreme caution. Its fangs can crush stones and its scales are harder than steel.

The Red Gyarados joins the roster straight from G/S/C!

When he appears from the pokeball, he will perform his Crystal Animation, Roaring towards the screen, as the iconic Sparkle and Sound of a shiny Pokémon surrounds him. After that, he will then look towards the direction his Pokeball was thrown and perform DRAGON RAGE.

In Brawl, Dragon Rage appears as a very large, blue version of Charizard's Flamethrower along the ground, scaled to the size of Gyarados (who is about as tall as Rayquaza in Boss Battles). If caught in the breath, an opponent will take 40% damage, then high Knockback as it ends, making it a killer move if you snag someone with it. After finishing his attack, Gyarados will look to the screen and roar once more before going away like all the Pokémon do.

The chance of getting Gyarados from a Pokeball is the same as getting a legendary: slim.

EXTRA ANIMATIONS

In the background, Rival trainer will act like PT for the most part, but will have more frustration put into his movements. For example, he will grin wickedly when his Pokémon score hits, but facepalm when they are hit.

When he wins VS Pokémon Trainer or Trainer Gold (there ya go TWILT), he will replace what he says in his 2nd Victory pose per Pokémon with:
"How did you expect to win with such weak Pokémon?"

When tossing out a Pokémon after losing a stock, he will say the following:

"This is your last chance, Chikorita..."

"Don't mess this up, Quilava!"

"You BETTER finish this, Feraligatr!"​

UNLOCK REQUIREMENTS

To unlock Rival Trainer, you must either beat the "Become the Champion!" Event match on HARD within 2 minutes, then defeat Rival Trainer, or beat Classic mode on Hard difficulty or higher with Pokémon Trainer and defeat him.

MUSIC

After unlocking Rival Trainer, 2 new tracks are unlocked, 1 for both Pokémon Stadium 1 and Spear Pillar.

beating Classic mode with Rival Trainer will also give you 2 bonus songs, one for each of the stages (in spoilers)

Pokémon Stadium 2:
Rival Theme (G/S/C)

Spear Pillar:
VS Champion LANCE (Johto)

SNAKE'S CODEX :

COLONEL: Looks like you've met up with Rival trainer, eh Snake?

SNAKE: Don't tell me theres another kid with Pocket Monsters here...

COLONEL: Tough luck, Snake. This trainer is known to be going head to head with Pokémon Trainer. He uses Pokémon from the Johto region to counter the types that Pokémon trainer has.

SNAKE: So, he uses Pokémon with advantages over his adversary's? Sounds like a solid strategy.

COLONEL: That may be true Snake, but he has shown to treat his Pokémon harshly, focusing more on their strengths as fighters than as friends. This leads him to lose many a battle, to his frustration.

SNAKE: Sounds familiar...

COLONEL: Take this as a lesson for yourself Snake, even if you think you have the advantage, make sure you evaluate your weak points! Focusing on strengths alone can leave you wide open in the long run.

SNAKE: I'll try to keep my eyes open, Colonel.

-end transmission-

ALTERNATE COLORS

Well, there we go, my second ever MYM set! Hopefully this should be a bit better than Spiderman....

Anyways, I have put alot of effort going back and forth between friends and other MYM'ers in order to get this done, and well balanced as a character. It has taken me about two months to finally complete this, due to just crazy scheduling on my part seeing as I start college Friday.

I'd like to thank King K.Rool and MarthTrinity for their guidance in making this, and my friend Marthage for his insight into what extras I should add, and with giving me the inspiration to get Feraligatr finally finished. A special thanks also goes to Junahu for giving me a good picture of the actual Rival Trainer, as opposed to his sprite. I couldn't have made this without you guys.

I hope you all enjoy, and of course: critique is welcome before I submit, tear this apart! :bee:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
SILVER
RIVAL TRAINER

So then. . .Right off the bat I can see why one might be worried that this isn’t really Silver, seeing you refuse to even acknowledge his name. On the other hand, though, ignoring that little quibble, you actually do have him somewhat in-character in his poses and even have him get pissed off during the fight (As seen in extras), so I don’t see why everybody’s making such a huge deal out of that. Sure, the Pokemon don’t really show anything to indicate they’re owned by Silver, but I haven’t seen a trainer moveset that’s pulled that off well pretty much. . .ever. That’s not the problem.

Despite Silver himself being decently implemented enough, the three movesets still feel disjointed with little to connect each other, very much feeling like three separate movesets. It’s obvious you made them in the order you posted them, as you’re still definitively improving, each moveset becoming better as one goes along. Chikorita feels a bit underdetailed and too fast/not weak enough (Especially in the tilts), though that’s a rather minor balance quibble that I can’t burn you to the ground for seeing you’re a newcomer. Quilava and Feraligatr are much better in these respects, but suffer more from awkward an writing style – despite the descriptions still being decently short, you manage to have a bit of DFM syndrome in that you often make it hard to picture what your character is physically doing in your moves. This is non existent in Chikorita, but builds up in Quilava then rather bogs down Feraligatr. . .Don’t let this keep growing in your trend of “improving”.

Some newcomers refuse to ever use the return key, but you on the other hand abuse it so much that it’s practically unrecognizable when you’re done with it, adding to the awkward writing style and probably what made you reach the maximum character limit (Though I severely doubt that moveset’s longer then Cortiny, you probably just encountered a bug). While the headers and such are a big generic, I do like the little picture headers, helping to remind us that this is a moveset for Silver, not three Johto starters slapped together. While we’re on the organization front, though, not naming your throws despite naming everything else in addition to having them be so generic kind of downplays them, to say the least. . .It’s all or nothing with names, really. Oh, and also, I’d prefer if you stated the details in the move description itself rather then just slapping it on at the end.

Aside from that, I can’t say much outside the obvious. You badly need more playstyle as these movesets don’t really flow on their own at all, much less slapping all three together, making them into a big awkward mess. You could also do with more creativity, which I’d recommend pursuing first. It’s what most of us learned first and is generally easier to get down, but then again you –do- seem to like to get pretty specific with your details, so perhaps playstyle might be the thing for you. Whatever you wanna work on is up to you, but your potential for improvement is blatantly obvious with this moveset, what with how each Pokemon is better then the last. While I didn’t read Spiderman, I did read Spade’s review where he bashed it to hell and back, and this certainly doesn’t seem anywhere near as bad as that description. Hope to see ya around, Joe.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
How... does only reading the first sentence make it okay to comment on a post?
I read the full post, but only responded to that line. The "I couldn't keep a straight face" was not saying that he knew that it was Lord of the Rings. Since I'm not a psychic, I couldn't determine out of that sentence that he knew that what he was saying was wrong.

But thanks for assuming I wouldn't read posts in their whole. Good job in trolling out the returner again. *thumbs up* Looks like nothing has changed. Good bye~

SirKibble

Smash Champion
This is so against my mission rules....

....but I'm only doing it because I miss you all so terribly much, and I'm dying to be written to so I can correspond with you without breaking rules here. I gave Agi my address, and I presume he passed it on. Please, anybody, write. I'll write stuff to the general MYM body if just anyone will start corresponding with me.

On a MYM-related note, I'm overjoyed to see the contest still going, and I'm touched by a few of the Kibble comments I've read. :D

Hoping to hear from someone soon,
Kibble

PS: I don't know if I'll get another opportunity like this to sneak onto SWF, so I don't know if I'll see replies to this...

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
This is so against my mission rules....

....but I'm only doing it because I miss you all so terribly much, and I'm dying to be written to so I can correspond with you without breaking rules here. I gave Agi my address, and I presume he passed it on. Please, anybody, write. I'll write stuff to the general MYM body if just anyone will start corresponding with me.

On a MYM-related note, I'm overjoyed to see the contest still going, and I'm touched by a few of the Kibble comments I've read. :D

Hoping to hear from someone soon,
Kibble

PS: I don't know if I'll get another opportunity like this to sneak onto SWF, so I don't know if I'll see replies to this...
Kibble!

I never got to properly say goodbye to you. :(

I would now, but I can't think of anything deep, just that I <3 you.

On-topic: Listen to MW, Joe. HE KNOWS!

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
Booster

Basically Wario, but he has a train instead of a bike and his Down B involves the Sniffits.
Wow.

Everyone, just quit. Don't bother to make anymore movesets. This is are winner here.

Nothing can surpass this. . . not even the most beautiful moveset ever. :mad:

LordshadowRagnarok

Smash Journeyman
Realizing how utterly moronic and lack-of-contenty my last post was, I will now elaborate

Firstly: His F-Smash is akin to Sonic's (A wind-up punch sort of thing) as opposed to Wario's Shoulder Tackle
His down B has 2 possible options. It will either drop down a chain of small bombs on the enemies or drop a Sniffit on the field. They'll have "Waddle Doo" AI, in that, they'll wander in a straight line and eventually either call a bolt of lightning, shoot a bullet out of their mouth, a gunk ball, or an ice effect.
He'd have a ranged grab, like Olimar, except he'd use those beetles he loves so much.

His final smash....... His sniffits all a character up in the air and he chomps them dealing massive vertical knockback.

More to come when I have enough time to think about it.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Darth Meanie's Catch-Up Post

Well, I step out for a little bit, go to a funeral, work on getting back to speed in my classes and, would you look at that? Someone dropped a metric ton of sets here. Being the wonderful soul that I am though, I am going to go ahead and read them all and comment, because I'm that lonely amazing.

Klump and Krusha are the lucky first on my chopping block. A remake of a set I wasn't around here for, it seems like a potentially interesting mechanic, so let's see where this goes. I'm not a big fan of K Rool style stats, and think you put too many in there (separating first and second jump, measuring crouch) are excessive meaningless numbers.

Side Special is words words words, and could be a little clearer about recovering with it. Also, why can't I lure Krusha with it if we're separated? It sounds like a great way to reunite, or take advantage of the usual weakness of separating, as far as I can see. Reading through this I get the sense of your more heavy-handed writing style that was so happily gone from Bleak and Voldemort, lots of unnecessary, wordy detail. I'm often accused of trying to fit it in as short a space as possible, but this is the opposite problem. Most likely, it seems, a lot of the phrases and descriptions were strongly based off of ones from the previous set, which would explain the poorer writing style, so I'll primarily look over it.

There are still a few ideas that seem tacked on, the effect of riding the side special and the up special's max limit for two examples so far, and its disappointing to see such unnecessary effects added in. Then again, there are a few nicely done, effective attacks, like the jab. The dash attack should have been the side special though. The Forward Tilt suffered from being an overcomplicated prop move though, and was disappointing to read.

Overall, I'd have to say that the thing that really disappoints me about the set is that so many moves depend on them being together, but I see several moves, the NSpecial, SSpecial, Dtilt and others being possible to use separated; in other words, I think that you did a disservice to the playstyle by making it punishing to separate them rather than adding potential. Think about how his game would react to being able to use the Side Special to move Krusha around the field, or the Down Special to place a barrel wherever Krusha is standing. Klump and Krusha just isn't very ambitious in its design, and feels like a rather standard effort coming from you.​

Itachi Uchiha is a Naruto set, but I'll try to avoid letting that drag it down. The layout could use some help, those headers are inexcusably illegible with the bold on that font. The special mechanic puts me off to a rough start, there is no explanation of what this 'Mangekyo Sharingan' is, and the use of sharp stock limits, and that eye stealing mechanic seems incredibly weird and ill-fitting for Brawl, even if it is perfectly in character. I would STRONGLY recommend that you make it overwhelmingly clear if a move triggers the Sharigan usage limit at the bottom of the set, along with damage, although not as strongly as I would recommend dumping the entire mechanic.

The comic for the Down Special doesn't really help me understand the move at all, and is rather large. The move itself is rather vague as to its effects as well, annoying the opponent doesn't seem to actually do anything. Also, I'm going to have to say that I feel that this Sharingan is rather underpowered, it activates off of several unnecessarily weak effects, about 15% from Amaterasu at best and 10% from Itachi's combo, it just doesn't feel worth it, in my opinion. Of course, I've always been a conservative player when it comes to these issues, and I'm pretty bad at judging balance compared to other players, although I repeat that punishing players for doing certain actions rather than rewarding them for the right one is generally bad game design.

He seems to pull it together with his interesting combo based jab and tilts, but the smashes don't seem to fit in as well. You've got the shadow clones and projectiles on one side, and the combos on another, it almost seems like. Also, the effects of the Down Smash seem rather unnecessary.

The aerials were better as a whole, and the Forward Air was easily the absolute best implementation you had of the shadow clone in my opinion, primarily because it was the first actual combo you could perform with him, and I feel the set could have used more focus on fighting with the clones.

In the end, I didn't feel he really came together, or that his playstyle flowed, I'm definitely going to put this one beneath Trainer Gold as a set, the playstyle feels uncertain, which is partially represented in the fact that its only three paragraphs long. Ah well though.

Moving right along is Yae, yet another character I know absolutely nothing about. Apparently she's from some game so obscure I wouldn't be surprised if you're the only person who's played it, I kid. You've got an interesting organization here, I'll grant you, but I'm going to have to ask that you not use code scripts, they are a little unsightly and the scroll bars are quite annoying. You have a sort of simplistic writing style, I would suggest that you work on that, it sounds like you're trying to explain something to a kindergartener, and I assure you that's not necessary in this community (I hope).

On the set itself, we have a balanced character, something surprisingly rare for this competition. The layout for the moves is strange, having the knockback, lag and damage all later, but the moves themselves are so simplistic that it actually works, although rating lag on a scale from 1-5, and having commentary on why that is is totally unnecessary and jarring to read.

She's dreadfully underpowered, by the way. 6-7% damage for a smash attack is inexcusably low, most smashes range from high teens to mid twenties even. Most characters outdamage that with their tilts. Also, her moves are all very similar to each other, and there is no real creativity here. Even the specials are fairly bland. All in all, this is a decent first attempt, but you need to overhaul your writing to match other sets, and drastically increase your understanding of Smash mechanics and creativity. While this set would have been good in MYM3, it doesn't hold par here.​

Next up is JOE!'s Rival Trainer. Holy large set batman! I'm gonna need a bigger catch-up! Timed right for HeartGold and SoulSilver's Japanese releases, lets see how this comes out.

I'm going to have to say that the headers, while creative, look a little shoddy with all the negative space, and don't add as much as they take away from the set. Also, I feel that you REALLY should have taken the time to explain each Pokemon and what they provide to the team when you introduced them before their individual section, I felt like I was grasping to see each character's playstyle. Also, the speed number is unnecessary, and should be in the set description itself. Those organizational quip aside, lets get to the meat, aight? I'm going to need another indent for this...

Chikorita starts us off fairly well, the Sweet Scent was a fairly brilliant move, although it comes with the alarming proposition that Chikorita is going to be the finisher, what with that excellent effect post 100%. Aromatherapy, too, was an excellent spin-off of the usual recovery, and great for spacing games, I'd imagine.

The standards and tilts are disappointingly self-similar; while the Chikorita family movepool is stark, I can't imagine you couldn't think of something better than 5 different ways to slash at someone with that leaf of hers. The already stark descriptions feel even smaller what with all of the paragraphs you keep making.

The smashes improve this at least though, and the food generation method of using Leech Seed is cool, and fits well with the idea already created in Aromatherapy. Poison Powder, on the other hand, is a trap on a character not built around traps; and that is considered rather cheap, I feel it could have been better used as a regular burst attack rather than a trapping cloud.

She's relatively balanced, and has several interesting aspects, but the boring I HIT YOU WITH MY LEAF moves drag away a lot of her creativity. Seriously, there were plenty of other interesting things you could have added, Synthesis, Energy Ball, SolarBeam, Sunny Day, Power Whip... Still a good part overall though.

Next up is Quilava. What have I gotten myself into...? Anyways, Ember feels like a move that could and should have been a smash, but you seem to have a charging motif going for this set, so I'll let it slide. Again though, your standards and tilts are disappointingly banal attacks when they didn't need to be. Double Edge is a disappointingly out of character smash as well, while it fits, wouldn't making it into a Flare Blitz have fit better, even though he doesn't learn the move?

Overall, Quilava is disappointing compared to Chikorita, he seems to have all of the generic moves with less of the creative mechanics. He's not bad, but definitely weaker than Chikorita.

Despite that though, Feraligatr comparatively does what the other two sets lacked in creativity with aplomb. The specials do interesting take offs of other ideas, and the standards for once aren't groan inducing. They in fact do some interesting things, although they still have a sense of being generic to the style of play Feraligatr has as a heavyweight rather than truly tapered to him. That's another tier of issues though.

DynamicPunch is fun, although two seconds is extreme, even the Falcon Punch only requires 3/4 of a second to activate. The aerials are all much better than previous ones (death roll is awesome). Overall the best of the bunch.​

The problem is, they don't fit together as well as you'd like to say. Sure, they're all different, but they don't flow together. You had a few things that hinted at interesting team intereactions, especially with things like Chikorita's aromatherapy, but there's no real strong connection between all of them.

Further, while they may fit the Pokemon Trainer, they don't fit Silver. Where's my Frustration, Mean Look, Rage, and Scary Face man? When you get right down to it, this set is three different Pokemon movesets pasted together rather than one cohesive unit, and while that's not a bad thing, getting them to flow together better would have made this set so much better.

My goodness, am I even halfway done? Anyways, Nightmare needs his fair shake too, so here we go.

Gravity Manipulation is a way cool element that needs to be done more, although I question the projectile effects, since that doesn't happen during the special brawl rules and seems rather breaking and odd to understand. Your descriptions seem rather sparse this time, overly so. That doesn't change that you've got some incredible creativity here.

Halt is a sexy move, and a sexy concept. The other standards, not so much. I feel with this set that the effects and such aren't pulling together as well as they could, 1% Gravity is a poor smash, with no damage and it only reiterates the effects you can perform with his Nspecial, really.

The aerials aren't too bad, but there are some things that need fixing. Random directions are not fun, and phrases like : "This can done infinitely, but only up to 5 times in a row," are facepalm worthy.

Overall, this was a relatively weak offering from you. Generic attacks, a playstyle that doesn't come together, I can feel that this was given less thought than your other sets. It had some excellent ideas though, and I can definitely see you improving through this though.​

Soma Cruz is a Castlevania character, so I have no experience with him whatsoever. Heh, no matter, let's do this. A lot like Itachi who I just read, Soma has a mechanic where bad things happen if you use certain moves to much. Unlike Itachi, this has a good side effect though, and a way to get rid of levels of this you accumulated, and an easy way to keep track of it, so its much better from the start.

Manticore is a very interesting move, although the five second curse seems like a banal twist on a move that didn't need one. Why not give it a poison effect, long acting but doesn't stack, so you're further encouraged not to spam this ability?

The dash being called Werewolf without having any such wolves is odd, and the forward tilt is not only a complete prop attack, but it seems rather out of place for a tilt and situational. The Up Tilt raises his DP by three, which seems rather high, but is an otherwise good, if wordy move.

The Katana is a little disappointing in its effects, it clanks with jointed attacks, and only really does something interesting against disjointed ones. Mandagrossa having 2DP seems excessive with its poor priority, making it seem like a move that would rather be spammed. His aerials are mostly summons and props, but are otherwise fairly decent, although I question the balance of Killer Card, it seems incredibly underpowered and is 3DP to boot.

The biggest beef I have with Soma is just how punishing it is to get into Dark Lord mode, and just how easy it is to as well. He really, really should at least continue to have options while he's in that state, throwing out over half of his attack list for the rest of the stock is just too punishing.

His playstyle works, and its good and fits, but it could use a little more focus; it seems to be a playstyle made by his moves, and not really the focus of the set. That's a minor complaint for an otherwise well written set, so kudos.

Sixrch Battosai is an OC, which is always nice to see, and generally have the most potential for creativity. That rose skin mechanic seems b-b-broken, with the ridiculous combo stopping and whatnot. Also, the colors are numerous and annoying to read, and you're missing a down tilt and dash attack, both of which are needed for a set. Your attack throws too are both confusing and unnecessary for the set.

The moves themselves are somewhat generic, with club swings and rose petal shots that anyone could have expected, used over and over. I don't know where you got the idea that mechanics and extras were mandatory either, a playstyle section is much appreciated over a list of extras in general anyways. He's lacking in balance, creativity, and organization, I would strongly suggest that you try to emulate the styles of other sets for your next one.​

And because it wouldn't be enough to end it there, we've got yet another Punch-Out character, Mr. Sandman. Because these guys never, ever get old! At least its a Warlord set, which reminds me, when did everyone start using that format for stats? I must be behind the times...

Anyways, you show from the get-go a high risk high reward playstyle, but Dream Rotation is uncomfortably reminiscent of Ottoman Fortress. You also went for the uppercut recovery, which is completely okay seeing as this is the first Punch-Out charcter with an uppercut recovery, which is distressing in retrospect.

He's a good character overall, but he's also yet another combo based heavyweight, although he's at least creative about it. Catch is a very interesting move, as are these abilities that benefit from downed opponents. Show Boating may also be one of my favorite moves ever, just because of how ridiculous it is.

Sandman has a strong, cohesive playstyle, I'll grant you that. Everything comes together the way you describe it, so kudos for that. It was a great read, and a fantastic refresher while writing these comments, so thanks for that.

Slaking is an out of nowhere set from a total newcomer, and its fairly good! Its a combo heavyweight, which seems ridiculously out of character and cliche for this MYM, but as a newcomer I'll let you get away with it, especially since two of my last three sets were combo based, if not heavyweights.

Organization is fairly good, although not as clean as it could be. The writing style is clear and crisp though, which is fantastic for a newcomer. Slack Off is a very interesting move, and a nice implementation, although I'd think that he'd work better if Slaking became lazier when he didn't slack off regularly, and eventually collapse, not completely shutting down if you're not already in the state thanks to an invisible timer.

Pursuit is disappointingly generic for Slaking to use, and its unnecessarily complex, a bad combination. Uproar however is entirely excellent and fitting to character. He has several moves that seem a little bland, but he pulls it off with gusto and good writing, so good job there. The aerials are disappointingly short and bland, Slaking really could add a lot of character with his incredible movepool.

He could use a playstyle section, but my goodness good sir, this was a great way to step into MYM as a newcomer, so congrats.​

And next up is Blaster, a retro character by KoppaKirby. And boy, is this an ambitious one, you get kudos for having the stones to write all this (I should for that matter too...)

Anyways, this is definitely the best set you've made yet, my friend, I can tell that already. His incredibly limited design and you have already created the start of a great playstyle with the mounting system. You need to balance your damage a bit, and bring it up, Cannonball should be doing 10% at least. Also, Bob-Omb cannon has way too much starting lag, 2 seconds is huge.

Seriously though, Blaster is doing way, way, way too little damage for such an otherwise limited character, his best damaging moves are around 8% for a power character. His smashes are disappointing too, why would you ever use your FSmash when your DSmash does everything it does better? Also, its totally okay to let them be missiles from the beginning, he'd still be balanced.

The throws were all very creative, and the use of Shy Guys, while originally skeptical, was both consistent and fun, so that turned out great. The problem is that you made him horrifically underpowered, he doesn't get nearly enough damage or power for his respective buck. You've still got a ways to go, but this set definitely cemented you in my eyes as a real member of the community, so way to go.

And, just when I thought I was done, I was free, Lionheart here goes and gives us Flygon. While not nearly as beautiful as the Black Knight was, its still a set I'm excited to read now.

He seems like an interesting character, and the Sand Tomb seems like an intersting way to implement traps into his game along with mobility. And indeed, you pull the next three moves I see into Sand Tombs, so I'm happy about that. Sand Attack is a very interesting move that borders on broken, but its fun so its cool.

Your smashes are all good, and there's a nice balance between creativity and feasability, but I feel that there isn't the same emphasis on playstyle I've seen in the Black Knight. He's got great air game, and manages to keep all of his moves in the air fairly interesting. The Dair was great, by the way.

Playstyle is good, creativity is good, he's not the prettiest set you've made, but I'm definitely putting him around par with the Black Knight. There are several aesthetic edits he could use, but otherwise this set just manages to hit all the right points. Great work.​

And if there's a new set when this goes up on my screen, whoever wrote it shall die a horrific death by my hands.

JOE!

Smash Hero
@ comments on "SILVER"

i didnt want him to come out as silver...i was aiming for how :pt: is supposedly the generic Pokemon trainer, even though he is based of of "Red"

I tried to make "Silver" like a generic Rival, who used Johto types, so i used the Johto Rival as base @.@

Akiak

Smash Ace
Hey Kibbs! Nice to see you again. I wish you good luck on your mission. It's a pity DFM, HR and othe others aren't here. It's been a while since I saw them post actually.

On topic (kinda): I'm reposting my MYM lab on the next page.

Katapultar

Smash Lord
Was that MYM4? Whoa, I see why it was so spammish. Nothing on that page was A moveset at all. Hopefully you'll make at least 1 for MYM6. Also Paint Roller was a great set (in the future).

Also nice reviews dm. A good kick in the head for me about reminding me of meshing a playstyle together, that moveset was rushed near the end.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Was that MYM4? Whoa, I see why it was so spammish. Nothing on that page was A moveset at all. Hopefully you'll make at least 1 for MYM6. Also Paint Roller was a great set (in the future).
I'm confused. Paint Roller was a great set (in the future)?

Anyway all 3 of 'em are in progress. Slow, but still progress. PR is on another computer which isn't usable at the moment so I'll have to wait to continue that one.
Oh and you should take a look at the first MYM. It was fulla spammaholics.:bee:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
FLYGON
I remember you previewing this to me a good while back when it was actually part of Wally, though back then the down special was a relatively generic switch and there were no aerials/throws/final smash. The fact that the down special had to be thrown in due to the switch being removed –is- rather obvious – it reminds me more then slightly of Sloth’s down B, considering you even use the same comparison that I used on that move (Bonsly). His Side B also reminds me a good bit of Skarmory’s side B, seeing that character/items can whirl around in the twisters/whirlwinds and hit each other.

Moving on from that, though, there still are some other creative moves such as the tunnels and dtilt, and the down B interacts with Flygon’s playstyle in far different ways then Sloth’s. The Final Smash is also a big creative highlight, easily the best you’ve ever done, which makes it a shame it’s underdetailed and over with so quickly. Despite the occasional creative moves though, I feel there’s more emphasis on playstyle with this moveset. You’re pretty much always talking about how great his air game is and how to get foes up into the air in nearly all of his moves. . .Even one of his aerials helps him start up his other aerials (Dair) by scooping foes up off the ground.

The thing is that despite all this emphasis on setting-up for aerial shenanigans, his aerials aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. His non-aerial moves didn’t feel that inferior either, being just as good as not better, especially with how you put so much emphasis on the tunnels. I think Flygon could’ve benefited from buffs to his aerials and a nerf to the rest of the ‘set. It’s not so much a balance problem as it is, y’know, the moves contradicting your descriptions. Flygon didn’t turn into the aerial combatant you envisioned him as.

That said, the focus on the tunnels which is still very present certainly isn’t a bad thing, as that’s the most original part of the set. . .But it ultimately leads up to the typical trap set-up phase, which doesn’t support the playstyle as much. In addition, you go on that Flygon is still perfectly fine without the tunnels, and if his aerials were as good as you seemed to want them to be he’d be pretty damn overpowered.

Speaking of the tunnels, considering you put so much emphasis on them they could’ve really benefited from some more detail (Far more-so then the final smash). It’s only in the playstyle section where I’m really beginning to grasp that you can use moves down there. . .But can you use your whole moveset down there? Can foes? Can you just stay down there forever? When I read the move description, I assumed the tunnels just worked like the warp pipes in the SSB64 Mushroom Kingdom stage with the exception that if anybody came in while Flygon was in they got grabbed and uthrowed, but then in the playstyle summary you suddenly introduce several new properties of the move.

That said, the rather low detail was actually rather appreciated, making this moveset a breeze to read through, even more-so then most Krool Pokesets. The lulzy poses were also a bonus. I don’t think you’ve quite grasped the idea of the bolding though – with just bolding and no color, it doesn’t really stick out that much. Notice how nobody commented on Envy’s bolding? They didn’t even seem to even realize it was there until Sloth, who colored it red. It might’ve been a good thing that you didn’t color them red in this case, though, seeing you bolded all the properties rather then the most important parts of the move. Bolding is only good when used sparsely.

Now that I’ve done a lot of nitpicking and such, I’ll have to say that this is still definitively one of your better sets, just perhaps a bit rushed. It was a enjoyable read and you seemed to of actually had fun making it (Rather obvious in the poses). I know you weren’t taking this moveset’s development that seriously, but I feel that this had potential to possibly be among your best.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Silver Rival Trainer

Oh, so it's a set for Silver the Rival Trainer from the Pokemon games whose pokemon are the counters for the PT's pokemon. I sure hope this won't just be a clone of the PT.

Chikorita

All in all, I did not much like Chikorita. She's what you would expect from a lightweight character for the most part (except that her air game is bad). This part of the set seemed to have serious creativity issues, even the better moves like Side Special, F-Smash, and Down Smash seriously lacking luster (though admittedly I did like the Down Smash). There wasn't anything wrong with the set, mind you, but Chikorita just kind of felt like a was reading a set for a miniature Ivysaur with faster speed and weaker damage + knockback.

Quilava

Oh, I have high hopes for this one, seeing as Cydnaquil is my favorite of the 2nd gen starters. Let's see if it lives up to my wishes.

In short, Quilava felt significantly more interesting than Chikorita, with simple, but fun-sounding moves like Neutral B and Up Smash to make things a bit more interesting. Most of the set still felt painfully generic and underdetailed, with some moves literally just seeming to be alterations of each other... but, as a whole, it was more enjoyable than Chikorita. There seemed to be no reason to use any throw other than Up Throw, seeming as how it wins in damage and knockback. Quilava seemed to be a typical middleweight, being a jack-of-all trades type character.

Quilava was easily my favorite of the three and would likely be the one I might main would this set ever be implemented in Smash.

Feraligator

Now we move on to RT's answer to PT's Charizard. Hopefully he'll be more interesting than the PT counterpart.

And... he definitely is a good bit more interesting than Charizard. Having the Neutral Special be a variation on the FLUDD wasn't something I particularly enjoyed, but it was a good variation atleast, the chargeable ray-gun properties of it making it play out considerably different (and better) than the water pushers already in Smash. Moves like Up Smash made Feraligator feel fairly unique, but at the same time, there was that absolutely horrible Side Special. What could have possibly driven you to clone Wario's Neutral B? Feraligator suffers the same problems as the others... and once again one or two throws (back and down in this case) seem to make the others pointless. This is really because you don't describe throwing lag well.

Overall

Ok, so the set really kind of felt just like Pokemon Trainer... just rehashed with moves swapped out between the two (as if Feraligator were Charizard with Squirtle's water moves, for example). The set had some serious creativity problems, but wasn't without it's interesting moments. The playstyles for all characters (and the overall) felt underdetailed and really basic. A little problem I had with this set was that it was hard to read... not solely because of being a multi-character set, but also because the writing style made it seem more boring than it had to and was also very disjointed (as mine had previously been criticized for), making the set appear more intimidating and longer than it needed to. Was it necessary to include time in seconds (or fractions of a second) for moves rather than just stating "fast/slow" or "low lag/high lag" and other general descriptions like that?

Anyway, Silver Rival Trainer may not cover any exciting new ground, but it is certainly a good effort from a fairly inexperienced MYM'er and really shows that JOE! has potential for greatness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom