• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 6 - Nothing Gold can Stay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I'd rather not, Classic Blue and Smash Blue are really horrible skins. Honestly, why can't someone just fix these problems?
They really are terrible, but Revolution gets pretty bad when it doesn't load properly and it's a blinding light.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it's because of Darkurai's giant page-stretching location, to be honest. :ohwell:

I mean, I'm not trying to attack you or force you to change it or anything, but it's distracting as all hell.

Smady

Smash Master
I agree with KRool, I was looking for possible reasons for it and it wasn't like that yesterday, before you posted, Darukurai. It's hardly fair to ostracise you for this glitch, but I feel that if you shortened your location it would put us all at ease; it may not be your location after all.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Why aren't the Servbots getting more commentary over a minor glitch? They're really an interesting, well pulled off special mechanic set with plenty of unique moves and a good playstyle (not to mention vastly improved organization from UserShadow7989's MYM5 sets), although it was a lil random at times. It's a shame people are paying more attention to Darkurai's location over this very good set.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I agree with KRool, I was looking for possible reasons for it and it wasn't like that yesterday, before you posted, Darukurai. It's hardly fair to ostracise you for this glitch, but I feel that if you shortened your location it would put us all at ease; it may not be your location after all.
Okay. Done.

In other news, minor changes have been made to Jade's moveset, such as the final smash and the extra goodies. Not enough to really improve the generic boringness of the spear attacks, but that'll be worked on soon.

UserShadow7989

Smash Journeyman
Heheh, I really like Servbot, he's fun to read, although the Down Special was a little hard to read. I felt that the crosshairs mechanic was a little hard to understand since you didn't first list its effects, but several moves, the Nair, Grab, and Down Tilt were really fun. I liked it overall.

I felt that being able to get your own allies temporarily was a weird mechanic, especially #41. Also, the crosshair bombs were weird in that they only last 12 seconds and have a lot of lag, but do damage and are supposed to set things up. I would definitely dropped the damage and the lag to make it more player friendly, and usable for the strategy instead of the damage.
Thanks for the feed back. I tried to rewrite those sections so it's easier to understand, though I'm not sure if I was successful.

I admit that the way I implemented the allies could've been done better, but it was the only way I could think of. For the crosshairs 12 seconds is a very long time in Smash, and the lag was to make it harder to nail an opponent with one- getting targeted by the crosshairs makes it near impossible to dodge some of Servbot's attacks and makes his throws do that much more damage and knockback.

But on the other hand, I really, really, like the idea of dropping lag and damage; it increases the similarities to the source material (which did no damage and just ordered the Servbots to interact with whatever it hit). I'll edit that in. Thank you.

servebots was a fun moveset. There are a few typos, such as down smash for the down special Leopordo, yet that is merely immaterial in my eyes as long as it is undestandable, which it is. Overall, I think this is a very good moveset that is fun, with all of the tools and the cool side special, especially with the victory poses, exploiting the characters personailties like that. Fun Moveset.
Thank you. I cleaned up the typos in the Leopordo section as best I could.

Why aren't the Servbots getting more commentary over a minor glitch? They're really an interesting, well pulled off special mechanic set with plenty of unique moves and a good playstyle (not to mention vastly improved organization from UserShadow7989's MYM5 sets), although it was a lil random at times. It's a shame people are paying more attention to Darkurai's location over this very good set.
It's okay. This is the first time since The Three Stooges that I've gotten more then 2 comments. I'm happy. And thank you.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
I've made a few minor changes to Daroach as well, added in a few more extras and the situational attacks. I think this one was very good this time.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
The codec = the very best part. :bee:

...But seriously, I'll read it more in-depth later.

Wow, I'm lazy

n88

Smash Lord
BEST. CODEC. EVER.

Just skimming through, I have a few thoughts:

1) This is a very versatile character
2) I would main this character for the Neutral B alone.
3) I love the Down B, and your math is impressive.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Slow Clap at Clefable.

Very Very Awesome. Clefable is definitely the kind of character no one wants to face. You really make a great job of showing her character, personality, and playstyle in this set, and it was organized in such a way that it was a breeze to read straight through.

On the other hand, Clefable is definitely one of the hardest learning curve characters I've ever seen. Half of her attacks don't do any damage, and I can barely imagine how she ever gets KOs before the enemy gets to sky high damage levels, and she's slow at racking damage. Your playstyle segment definitely cemented how she would play in a competitive match and was clearly well thought out. Strength however seems to be the one oddball move in the set, I have some trouble envisioning how it works.

Also, Magic Guard isn't very well defined. I'm not entirely sure what it stops. I think there should be a few more examples of how it actually works.

I really like this set, and although I would never dream of even trying to play as Clefable, I have to say that this is impressive in that it is a very intricate, meticulously designed set that is, in the end playable. Good Job.

EDIT: Oh yeah, + A BILLION POINTS FOR BOLTBEAM.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Clefable: An incredibly cute and original set. Looks very nice as well, and the codec is priceless! I have a few complaints, however. First, you seem to have fallen prey to the "Pokemon Syndrome," using attacks like Swagger and Strength which don't fit Clefable's personality and just are learned by her. It's kind of underdetailed as well. Still, this was a very readable, nice little outing, and it's an above average moveset.

Also, I've decided on my next moveset:

THE ALIEN

Junahu

Smash Ace
Also, Magic Guard isn't very well defined. I'm not entirely sure what it stops. I think there should be a few more examples of how it actually works.
Oh yes, sorry about that.

Magic Guard stops any damage/knockback that isn't directly caused by an attack or projectile.
Things like the flower from Lip's Stick and accumulative Poison damage are the most obvious examples of indirect damage.
And example of indirect knockback would be if a character was cursed to flinch everytime she tried to attack. Or if the character suffers a proportion of the knockback from their own attack, when hitting an opponent (Counters DO NOT count for this as they are direct attacks)
Most traps, such as Pitfalls and mines are also negated.

Magic Guard also stops psychic like attacks, in which obvious supernatural activity is at work. This regards moves such as Ness/Lucas' PSI attacks/throws, and Lucario's Aura sphere. Psychic powers with clear physical/explosive manifestations will still hurt Clefable (e.g. Zelda's "Din's Fire", Lucario's "Force Palm" etc)

If a move with either indirect damage, knockback or psychic properties hits Clefable, she will block everything about that attack, including any additional effects to Clefable and any perks the attacker would have gained

Clefable is still vulnerable to instances of telekinesis and mind control.

Magic Guard does not block poison damage that has been taken from the opponent using SNATCH

I wanted to keep the intro as brief as possible, but I guess I took too much detail out.

First, you seem to have fallen prey to the "Pokemon Syndrome," using attacks like Swagger and Strength which don't fit Clefable's personality and just are learned by her. It's kind of underdetailed as well
The thing about a pokemon's learnset is that all the moves are suitable for the character, even if it doesn't seem like it at first. The fact she can learn Strength in the first place means that she suits it, otherwise she wouldn't be able to learn it.
At first I didn't understand why she could learn Strength. Then I looked at it from an ironic perspective. Clefable isn't strong, but she wants to be so she can return to the moon, hence she learns moves like Strength and Endeavor.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
For a set made in a day, Clefable was still pretty nifty. Plenty of fun attacks and a cool playstyle. My only complaint is that SWF is still glitching for me so the pink font is hard to read against "glitch white".

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Wow Junahu, that is certainly an awesome moveset for Clefable. I'm not finished reading it yet, but so far, so awesome! All the moves are fitting, and i espicially like that Side special (Wish) of Clefable's.
There ya go!! Half_silver!!!
I gotta work on MY Pokeset myself. I finished 1 of 3 Pokemon of Gold already, and i'm already working on the second one. I giving it my all in this one...hopefully it's my best, and a major improvement for me :ohwell: K.Rool, if you're reading this, i need your help on this particular moveset.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Prepare to be seduced…

by my Psycho Power! I will reveal your dark nature!

The evil leader of Shadowloo, M. Bison joins the brawl!

Background
M. Bison (known as Vega in Japan) is a character in the Street Fighter series, who first appeared in Street Fighter 2. He is the final boss in many games in the series, including Street Fighter 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3 and Street Fighter EX. Bison is the leader of a worldwide criminal organization known as Shadowloo, through which he tries to realize his goal of world domination. M. Bison has near mastery over a deadly evil energy called “Psycho Power”. Bison was forced to expel all the good from his soul in order to master the Psycho Power, which only served to increase his unrelentingly evil nature. The Psycho Power also causes his body to deteriorate, as it exceeds the limits of his human body. Because of this, Bison is always searching for the body that can hold the Psycho Power in its entirety. It is for that reason that he desires to capture Ryu, as his body has that capability. Bison’s original body was destroyed at the end of Street Fighter Alpha 3, so Bison inhabits weaker bodies made by Shadowloo scientists in Street Fighter 2 and Street Fighter 4.

Stats

Power: 6/10

He has no problem damaging foes, but doesn’t have a large amount of viable KO moves.

Height: 8/10

M. Bison is pretty tall, most comparable to Ike. He also floats slightly above the ground whenever he moves, so that makes him seem a tiny bit taller.

Weight: 6.5/10

Walk speed: 4/10

Run speed: 10/10

Bison easily has the best run in the game, being about equal to Ganondorf’s dash.

Dash speed: 0/10

That’s right; Bison does not have a dash. He’s rarely in a hurry to beat his opponents, preferring to savor every moment of their suffering. This also results in Bison lacking a dash attack (oh noes a shortcut! ololololol).

Traction: 9/10

First jump: 8/10

Utilizing the Psycho Power, Bison pushes himself high off the ground for a great first jump.

Second jump: 5/10

Drop speed: 5.5/10

Recovery: 4/10

Bison has 2 main recovery options, both of which are pretty predictable.

Attack Speed: 5/10

Many of his attacks come with high amounts of lag on one or both ends.

Crouch: 0/10

Why would an evil dictator lower himself to crouching? :p

Animations

Entrance
Bison descends to his starting spot engulfed in blue Psycho Power, with his body appearing purple during this time. Bison is laughing evilly as he does this, and stops once he reaches the ground and takes his normal fighting stance.

Basic Stance
Bison stands with his legs apart and both of his arms in a fighting position in front of him, with the arm facing the screen being held higher. He certainly looks like he’s ready for action…

Idle Stance
Bison folds his arms and slowly looks around, getting impatient at his opponent’s lack of action.

Walk
Bison floats across the ground slowly with his arms crossed. A dignified walk fitting of an evil dictator such as Bison.

Run
This looks similar to his walk, except that Bison now leans in the direction that he’s moving.

Roll Dodge
Bison’s entire body turns purple, and… he disappears? Yep, he just teleported. Bison immediately reappears 2 stage builder blocks in the direction that was pushed. This has low lag on both ends.

Dizzy
Bison sways back and forth on the ground, with his hat pulled down over his face. I guess he’d be embarrassed to be seen like that…

Sleeping
Bison slumps over, putting one of his hands on the ground to hold himself up as he doses off.

Specials

Neutral Special: Psycho Shot
Bison pulls both his hands back as they glow with pink Psycho Power, and then fires a ball of purple energy in front of him with little lag. This energy ball is the same size as a Waddle Dee, and travels forward at the speed of Bowser’s dash. It nullifies or absorbs all projectiles that contact it except for explosive ones, which destroy it. This makes it a helpful defense against projectile spammers. This move has infinite range; the energy ball travels forward until it hits something, being a good priority hitbox the entire time. It deals 8-9% damage and flinching knockback to foes, and briefly engulfs them in purple flames. Bison cannot shoot another energy ball until the previous one disappears or goes off screen. This move has low lag on both ends.

Forward Special: Psycho Crusher
Here we have M. Bison’s signature move! Bison pulls his hand back as it becomes engulfed in blue Psycho Power. He then launches himself forward, traveling a total distance of 4 stage builder blocks. He travels about as quickly as Pikachu does with its Skull Bash move. Bison’s entire body is engulfed in blue Psycho Power during this move, and has good priority as a result. Anyone hit by his body takes 12-13% damage and medium knockback, killing at 170% damage. This move has medium lag on both ends.

Up Special: Psycho Stomp
Bison immediately jumps towards the nearest opponent, who has to be within 2 and a half stage builder blocks of Bison for him to hit them. Otherwise, he will just jump 2 and a half stage builder blocks towards them and land with low end lag. If Bison manages to hit them, he will stomp on their head with both feet, dealing 12% damage and high hitstun (as much as a half-charged down smash from Zamus). If this hits an airborne foe, they will act as if Bison footstool jumped them. This part of the move has great priority as well. If Bison uses this while a ledge is in range (and a foe is not), Bison will automatically jump to the ledge and grab it.

If Bison hits someone with the stomp, the second part of this attack occurs. He jumps up into the air, getting the same height that his second jump gives him. He then fastfalls to the ground. However, if the A button is hit when he gets to the max height of his jump, he plunges back down towards the foe quickly, falling headfirst with both his hands in front of him. His hands are a good priority hitbox during this, and if he manages to hit someone (which isn’t likely in 1 on 1 fights), they take 8% damage and low knockback. This move as a whole has low lag on both ends.

Down Special: High-Tech Support
Bison faces the screen and closes his eyes. He opens them after 3 seconds, with his eyes briefly glowing blue. He is free to move after that. 5 seconds later, someone drops down from the top of the screen and lands at that spot. It’s a girl, or more specifically, its one of Bison’s “dolls”. The dolls are a group of teenage girls that were kidnapped by Shadowloo and brainwashed, and thus were forced to serve Bison. Bison can only have one doll out at a time, and cannot use this move more than once per stock. There are 3 different girls that can be called using this move, with all of them having an equal chance to appear:

Juli

Juni

Cammy

Regardless of who appears, they are more akin to actual characters than assist trophies, having a shield and fairly quick spot and roll dodges. They will all go after opponents with the intelligence of a level 7 CPU (although they are slightly more aggressive). All the girls have a height of 7/10, a weight of 4/10, run speed of 8/10, two jumps of 7.5/10 & 4/10 respectively and a drop speed of 6/10. All three girls also share this mini-moveset:

The dolls have a ton of attacks. Click Here for their move list.

Despite all the moves the dolls have, they only have 20% health. Once they take that amount of damage, they are knocked to the ground. However, they will immediately get up and go after the person who knocked them down, having super armor the whole time. They will then try to hit them with this super powerful attack:

Spin-Dive Smasher
Cammy/Juni/Juli gets into an initially strange looking pose, having her face backwards and be slightly hunched over. Cammy briefly leaves behind several blue after-images of herself while getting into her attack pose, which takes a tiny bit more than half a second to do. Any opponent who is right next to her or less than 2 stage builder blocks in front of her will be frozen in place during this period. Cammy will also be briefly surrounded with balls of white energy, which rotate around her before forming a design that looks kind of like a throwing star (this is all just for effect). She then performs what looks exactly like her forward special, Spiral Arrow. Only this time, she can score multiple hits with it, with 4 hits being the maximum. Once that part is finished, Cammy immediately uses her up special, Cannon Spike, which is also able to score multiple hits (3 being the max). The final hit deals high knockback. This combo deals 4% damage per hit, maxing out at 28% damage total. Cammy/Juli/Juni has great priority during the entire combo, and leave behind blue after-images for effect. Just like for the specials, Juni & Juli remain silent, but Cammy yells out “Spin Drive Smasher!” when she uses this.

If 5 seconds pass before Cammy/Juli/Juni uses this move on the opponent who knocked them down, they will automatically use it no matter where they are. Regardless, they disappear after using this.

Basic Attacks

Neutral A Combo: Psycho Spark
Bison quickly puts his feet together and rises a very short distance into the air with his arms crossed. His entire body suddenly surges with blue Psycho Power for a second. His whole body is a decent priority hitbox during this time dealing 7-8% damage and medium-low knockback that can’t kill. This move has low lag on both ends.

Forward Tilt: Shin Counter
Bison quickly throws a punch in front of himself, the force of which causes a large wave of pink Psycho Power to briefly form in front of him. The energy wave counts as a disjointed hitbox, giving the move good range and priority. This deals 9% damage and low knockback, and briefly engulfs the foe in purple flames. This move has low lag on both ends.

This move also has an additional function: it will reflect most energy-based projectiles right back at their user (it simply destroys or deflects most others). This includes things such as Lucario’s aura sphere and even R.O.B.’s laser, with the latter requiring precise timing. It however will not reflect Samus’ fully charged charge shot (the moves simply clash).

Up Tilt: Silver Psycho Strike
Bison faces the screen and raises one fist up into the air, reaching about half a stage builder block above his head. Almost immediately, a white bolt of lightning shoots from the background and hits his fist, making it surge with electricity for a moment. Bison’s fist becomes a good priority hitbox, dealing 12% damage and medium upwards knockback, killing at 160% damage. However, due to Bison’s height, this move will completely miss shorter characters who are standing right next to him. A foe would have to be at least the height of Luigi to be hit by this while standing next to Bison. This makes it more useful for countering aerial attacks than anything else. This move has medium lag on both ends.

Down Tilt: Mountain Breaker
Bison kneels down slightly and puts the palm of his hand on the ground. His palm glows with blue Psycho Power very briefly as a sudden gust of wind comes from the spot. All this adds up to give this move high start lag. Blue and yellow flames then flow out from under his hand and travel along the ground in both directions, taking about half a second to do so. The flames travel 2 and a half stage builder blocks on both sides before fading, and are a good priority hitbox. They deal 5% damage and brief hitstun, and can actually hit foes up to 3 times if they are standing right next to Bison, for a total of 15% possible damage. This move has low end lag.

Smashes

Forward Smash: Scissor Kick
After a brief charging stance, Bison jumps one stage builder block forward (a fairly short jump that doesn’t get far off the ground). He jumps with his feet in front of him, with one of his legs raised up near his chest. This makes his legs take a “V” shape as he attacks. At about the midpoint of the move, his non-raised leg becomes a hitbox. If he hits an opponent with it, they’ll be stunned long enough for Bison to hit them with the second part of the attack. Bison brings down his raised lag as he lands, hitting the opponent again as he does so. This move deals a total of 16% damage (22% charged), and the second hit deals medium knockback that kills at 160% damage. Bison suffers low start lag and medium end lag from the attack.

Up Smash: Spirit Release
Bison floats slightly into the air, just like he does for his neutral combo, only resulting in low start lag. 2 balls of energy, both being the same size as a smoke ball item, then begin to rotate around him, first appearing just below his shoulders and working their way up to his head. They have good priority as well. Once they reach that point, which takes about .4 seconds, they suddenly fly straight up above Bison. They travel 4 stage builder blocks upwards before they disappear.

Any foe who gets trapped in this move can be hit up to five times, taking 18% damage (25% charged). The final hit occurs when the energy balls shoot above Bison, dealing medium horizontal knockback that kills at 180%. The energy balls are actually bad priority hitboxes as they fly above Bison, dealing 6% damage and very low knockback. Unfortunately, this move has high end lag due to Bison taking his time to get back on the ground after firing the energy balls.

Down Smash: Psycho Burn
Bison puts his outstretched hand in front of him slowly, giving this move high start lag. His hand suddenly flashes with blue Psycho Power, and a wall of blue flames appears half a stage builder block in front of him. This wall is about as tall as Mario and has great priority, and actually floats slightly above the ground. Anyone who is hit by the wall right as it forms takes 12% damage (19% charged) and medium-low knockback. Bison suffers medium end lag from this move.

However, directly attacking is not the main function of this move. The flame wall will stay on the stage for a set amount of time, depending on how long the move is charged. It will only remain for 2 seconds with no charge, but will stay put for 7 seconds at full charge. The wall has decent priority during this time, and deals 5% damage and slight knockback to foes who touch it, being able to easily score multiple hits if they don’t DI out of it. A good strategy would be for Bison to knock his foe into the wall and force them to take extra damage and possibly follow up with another strike. It should also be noted that, surprisingly, the flame wall doesn’t affect projectiles at all.

Aerials

Neutral Aerial: Psycho Storm
Bison’s entire body is suddenly surrounded by purple waves of energy, which travel around him very quickly as if they were strong gusts of wind. The energy waves last for half a second. having decent priority, as well as dealing 6% damage and medium-low knockback. This move also has a slight wind effect, which slowly draws opponents to Bison if they are within 3 stage builder blocks of him. The move has low start lag and medium end lag.

Forward Aerial: Irreconcilably
Bison grabs in front of him, having low lag on both ends. If he actually manages to grab someone, he’ll immediately throw them downwards, dealing 9% damage and medium-low downwards knockback. This also works as a pseudo-counter move. If the button input is pressed right as a foe attacks him, he will grab them out of the move and throw them (this doesn’t counter projectiles). This move still has low end lag.

Back Aerial: Psycho Destruction
Bison puts both of his hands behind him, and they start glowing with blue Psycho Power. After about .4 seconds, a blast of energy shoots out from his hands, which reaches one stage builder block away from Bison and has great priority. It deals 13% damage and medium-high knockback that kills at 120%, and engulfs the foe in blue flames. This move has medium end lag.

Up Aerial: Psycho Reverse
Bison flips upside down, and lets loose with a two-footed stomp that resembles Ganondorf’s, only… upside down. Bison’s feet glow with purple Psycho Power as he attacks. The stomp has OK range, and good priority. Anyone who gets hit by the stomp itself takes 12% damage and high knockback that kills at 80% damage, making this Bison’s best KO move. Bison’s attack has such impressive force that it can even damage opponent who are slightly out of his range. A foe who is no more than half a stage builder block out of his range will receive 4% damage and slight knockback from the force of the attack. This move has low start lag, but high end lag.

Down Aerial: Psycho Dive
Bison puts one hand on his wrist, and his other hand is suddenly engulfed in blue Psycho Power, which results in only low start lag. Bison then fastfalls straight towards the ground headfirst, with his Psycho Power engulfed hand pointing towards the ground. His hand is a good priority hitbox, dealing 7% damage and low knockback, and well as engulfing the foe in blue flames. Bison is also able to sweetspot ledges while he is using this move as well. Bison suffers medium end lag if he lands on the ground.

Grabs

Grab
Bison grabs in front of him with one hand, a pretty standard grab. He holds foes above his head with one hand once he grabs them. This grab has low lag on both ends.

Pummel
Bison punches his foe with his fist, which is glowing with blue Psycho Power. Each punch deals 4% damage, but Bison punches at a pretty slow rate, so you won’t be able to add that much damage with it.

Forward Throw: Judgement
Bison throws his victim diagonally in front of him, but they don’t go very far. Bison then
delivers the same motion that he uses to attack with his neutral special, and fires a ball of purple energy at his victim at point black range. This deals 10% damage and medium, downward angled knockback. This throw has low end lag.

Back Throw: Seek No Escape
Bison kicks his victim in the gut twice, and lifts them over his head with his foot after the second hit. He then flips them behind him, throwing them straight to the ground 2 stage builder blocks away. This combo does a total of 11% damage. Bison has to turn around while doing this, so he ends up facing his victim. If Bison manages to throw his victim off a ledge, they will fall downwards with low knockback. This move has medium end lag.

Up Throw: Rising Dragoon
Bison simply punches his opponent upwards. However, once they fly half a stage builder block above Bison, they stop in midair as they suddenly take 10 rapid hits from an unseen force (what the heck did that punch do anyway?). The victim then flies upward, taking 12% damage and medium knockback that kills at 170%. This move has low lag on both ends.

Down Throw: Amusementive Crime
Bison throws his opponent to the ground, having them land in a position that makes it look as if they are bowing to him. Bison them grabs their wrists and his hands flash with blue Psycho Power. He electrocutes his victim, sending them forward with 10% damage and low knockback. Their body also surges with blue electricity for about a second afterwards. This move has medium end lag, as Bison laughs evilly after he electrocutes his foe.

Final Smash

Nightmare Booster
Bison has grabbed the smash ball! This can’t be good at all. The screen zooms in on Bison for about a second when he activates his attack. Everyone else is frozen as he moves his hand across his neck in a “you’re in for it now…” motion. The screen then zooms back out as Bison lets loose with two consecutive forward smashes. If he manages to hit someone with either of them, the screen zooms back in slightly and the move continues. Bison proceeds to use Psycho Crusher, scoring multiple hits on his victim. He then grabs them and flies up into the air, still being surrounded in blue flames from using Psycho Crusher. He loops around and comes back down, slamming the victim into the ground. Bison then jumps up, no longer surrounded by flames, and stomps on the foe as if he were using his up special on them. The cinematic ends at this point, with the camera zooming out. The victim then takes a full 50% damage and takes great upwards knockback which kills at 75% damage.

Playing as M. Bison: (Psycho) Crushing the Competition
Bison is not what has become expected from villains in Smash Bros. He looks and moves like a heavyweight, but his weight is just above average. Instead of having a large amount of KO moves, Bison has great aerial moves and several options to counter campers. Let’s take a closer look at the Shadowloo leader…

Bison seems like a very good character when one first starts playing as him. He can damage rack quite easily with his smashes and grabs. His down smash is especially useful, with Bison being able to follow up on it well with other moves. Also, camping is not a very good option when facing Bison, as the evil dictator’s neutral special, forward tilt and down tilt all but stop their attempts at camping. Bison is very good at forcing the opponent to approach. He also has a ton of spacing and stage control options. Besides his anti-camping moves, Bison has his forward special, up special, neutral combo, down smash, neutral aerial and back throw for those purposes. The down special is Bison’s wild card; if he can manage to summon one of his dolls, he can damage rack even more easily against a distracted opponent, or even go for the KO.

Unlike most villainous characters in Smash, Bison is actually a good aerial combatant. He has large variety of options with his aerials. The neutral aerial is a decent spacing tool, his forward air functions as a counter, and his “stall and fall” down aerial is actually useful. It seems like Bison is good at everything.

However, that is hardly the case. Bison has a surprising lack of KO moves, with his only real options being his up and back aerials. He has more options once he gets his opponent into the 160%-180% damage range, but it would be hard to wait that long every stock. Bison is also set back by his slow ground movement, which prevents him from approaching effectively, and forces him to rely on his spacing and stage control moves in order to get around effectively. A lot of his attacks also have significant amounts of lag; Bison can easily be punished if he uses his attacks at the wrong time. And the dictator’s height makes him an easy target for combos. Bison’s final glaring weakness is his recovery. His only recovery options are his up and forward specials, both of which are extremely predictable, and his up special is severely limited in its range.

M. Bison is a character with a lot of strength and versatility, but he has a few glaring weaknesses that hold him back from being all-powerful. His game relies upon forcing his opponents to approach him, and then dealing a ton of damage with his great damage racking and stage control game. Once he gets them to a high enough damage percent, he has to rely on his up and back aerials in order to get KOs. Bison has never been one to kill his foes quickly, he likes to watch them suffer as long as he can. “This is Delicious!”

Taunts & Victory Animations

Up Taunt: Tribute to the Master
Bison puts his legs together and folds his arms, smiling as he laughs evilly.

Side Taunt: God Hands
Bison turns towards the screen and puts one of his fists in front of him vertically. His fist glows with blue Psycho Power as he clenches it and says “Pathetic…” in Japanese.

Down Taunt: This is Delicious!
Bison takes out what looks like a handheld TV and looks at it for a few seconds, then puts it away. Lolwut? Actually, in order to truly use this taunt, you have to use it right after a foe is KOed by Bison. He will take out the TV again, and then says his immortal catchphrase: “Yes! Yes! This is Delicious!”

Victory Pose One: True Power
Bison descends down from the sky slowly, laughing as he does so. Once he hits the ground, he says “Your powers are nothing… before the might of the Psycho Power!” in Japanese.

Two: Daybreak
Bison is seen holding the last place finisher by the throat (or whoever finished the lowest). He throws them to the ground and fires a Psycho Shot at them, which actually disappears into the victim’s body. They immediately get up and try to go after Bison, only to collapse in pain, holding their chest. Bison then says “That’s right. Hate me! Despise me! The Psycho Power feeds off of it!” in Japanese. Bison then laughs evilly, the laugh being more drawn out than usual.

Three: Doll Eyes
This pose will only happen if one of Bison’s dolls KOed an opponent during the match. Juni, Juli and Cammy all are on the screen, and Bison teleports onto the screen. All three girls salute him as he appears. Bison then says “You’ve done well… *name of doll who last KOed a foe*! But I have another mission for you…”. All three girls then answer by saying “Yes sir!”

Victory Theme
End Battle (classic)

Other Stuff

Item Interaction
Bison has a special thing he can say when he eats food items, just like Snake. There is a 10% chance that Bison will say “This is Delicious!” when he eats a food item. lol.

Series Symbol
The letters ‘SF’, written in a style similar to this.

Wiimote Sound
Bison lets out an evil laugh. Xd.

Kirby Hat
Kirby gains Bison’s signature red hat, and access to Psycho Shot.

Snake Codec
Snake: There’s something that’s not right about this guy… his smile creeps me out.
Otacon: That’s M. Bison Snake. He’s the leader of an international crime syndicate called Shadowloo. His smile is certainly not used to make friends…
Snake: He sounds dangerous already… but what’s this power he’s using to fight me with?
Otacon: Bison fights with Psycho Power, an evil energy that gives him great power. But it came with a price; Bison had to relinquish all the good in his soul in order to master it. It’s made him unimaginably evil.
Snake: It seems like this guy could be a huge threat to the world. But I’ll take him out right now.
Otacon: Be careful Snake. He is k- GAAAAAH!!!
Snake: Otacon! What’s going on? !!!
Bison: Yes! Yes! This is Delicious!

Extras

Stage: Secret Point 48106

So this stage is pretty much the most basic of basic, being a flat walk-off stage with no real tricks to it. Lighting will occasionally strike and light up the screen every so often, but that’s about it. This is a stage meant for straight forward fighting without any obstructions, just how Bison likes it!

Music
M. Bison Theme (original)
Akuma Theme (original)
Sagat vs Ryu
Garnet Sky
Irreconcilably
The Road
No More Swingin’
Untamable Fists
High-Tech
Brave or Grave
The Judgement Day
Tribute to the Master
Volcano
Rose Theme (Street Fighter IV)
Secret Laboratory

Assist Trophy

Balrog
Balrog is a member of Shadowloo, being one of Bison’s three personal bodyguards. Upon appearing, Balrog immediately starts attacking in a similar manner to the Little Mac AT, exclusively using punches. He has the same speed and jumping ability as Little Mac as well. What separates them is that Balrog is smarter and more aggressive. Once he jumps near a foe he’ll quickly charge them with multiple punches that deal 15% damage and medium knockback. Also, if anyone tries to attack Balrog, he’ll simply short hop over their attack to dodge it and counter with one of his own. Don’t try to fight Balrog, just run. Balrog sticks around for 10 seconds, and uses a super move before he goes. He charges at the opponent 3 successive times, dealing 12% damage with each punch, and the last blow deals high knockback.

There is also a special easter egg that occurs when Bison summons Balrog. Balrog will not attack right away. Instead, he will take out 2 VHS tapes from… somewhere… and say “I guess you don’t need those tapes I made for you… want me to get rid of them?” Bison will automatically respond, saying “Don’t be hasty now… not until I see those ‘street fighters’ pummeled to dust!” Balrog then proceeds to put the tapes back to wherever they came from and start to go after opponents.

Trophies
M. Bison, Cammy Ryu, Ken Masters, Chun-li, Akuma, Guile, Sagat, Vega, Balrog, Sakura, Rose, Charlie Nash, Crimson Viper, Gen, Zangief, Dhalsim, Juli & Juni, Dan, Gouken, T. Hawk, Blanka, E. Honda, Guy, Sodom, Rolento, Fei Long, Adon, Birdie, Gill, Alex, Ibuki, England, Secret Point 48106.

Stickers
M. Bison, M. Bison(alt), Cammy, Cammy(alt), Ryu, Evil Ryu, Ken Masters, Chun-li, Chun-li(alt), Akuma, Shin Akuma, Guile, Sagat, Vega, Balrog, Sakura, Rose, Charlie Nash, Crimson Viper, Gen, Zangief, Dhalsim, Juli & Juni, Dan, Gouken, Blanka, E. Honda, Guy, Sodom, Rolento, Fei Long, Adon, Birdie, Gill, Alex, Ibuki, Dee Jay, Seth, Abel, Karin, Dudley, Hugo, Yang, Yun, Urien, Sean, Rufus, El Fuerte, Makoto, Necro, Twelve, Elena, Oro, Remy, Q, Cody, Eagle, R. Mika, Doctrine Dark, Garuda, Hokuto, Kairi, Skullomania

All who oppose me will be destroyed!

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
M.Bison: This is A LOT better than Cammy. Cammy frankly had little originality and imperfect balance, and you've managed to fix both of these problems in this set, as M.Bison has some more original attacks and better balance. However, these issues aren't yet perfect- some moves seem like ones Sakurai would make (though not as many as with Cammy), and I think he may be minorly overpowered. However, disregarding these two main issues, you've done very well, with nice detail, personality and a very nice playstyle. A slow heaviweight with bad KOing ability is an interesting combination, and you pulled it off well.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
CLEFABLE
I can't believe that you somehow made this amazing set in a single day. The playstyle is really cool with those Cute Charm shenanigans. Interesting choice to make Clefable a tank, and all of the moves were individually unique as well. To boot, this is the first moveset of yours which one doesn't have to force their way through to read.

I do feel some of the attacks are a bit random and don't mesh with the playstyle as well as they could, but they're far from common. I love the jumping up off the top of the screen to KO yourself for the FS, but boltbeam. . .Eh. . .That's a really common move combination that a lot of pokes use, and it fits several better then Clefable (Certainly not Nidoking with his sh*tty special, though, unlike Clefable).

While I have shifted a long way from my former detail nazi ways, Clefable could benefit from ever so slightly more detail while still staying readable, but you still manage to communicate your ideas well anyway. The throws in particular are a highlight for creativity in this set, which of course means that I'm gonna love it.

So yeah. I was expecting another wall of text to rival Cutesy, but I got something that feels more like a Rool set. I'm quite pleasantly surprised, to say the least. Sorry for such short underdetailed commentary, but this moveset did certainly get me thinking a lot about how to have fun with it if it was actually in-game, which is quite rare. Clefable is one of the movesets that leaps out at you and makes you actually wanna play her in Smash. Can't critique much when there's so little to critique.

Will read M. Bison and Servbot (Who I've already read some of). . .

"You leave me no choice. I'll simply defeat you here!"​

-Dusknoir-

~Background

Pokemon #477

Dusknoir, if you haven't guessed yet, is a Pokemon, introduced in the games Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.This pokemon is best described as being the Grim Reaper among Pokemon. In fact, the item you need to use to evolve it from Dusclops is called the Reaper Cloth. Dusknoir was a
major antagonist
in the game Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2,
as he attempted to stop the flow of time while living in the desolate past and masquerading as a noble explorer in the present
and he had a gang of Sabeleyes to boot. Who knows? Maybe you'll see stuff from that game in this set, too......

Some music you may enjoy while reading this set:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5EsxqCBhig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnbEtq3Y_bg&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5tbqOre4tU

-Stats-
Attack Power: :dk2:
Attack Speed: :mario:
Movement Speed: :dk2:
Size: :marth:
Weight: :gw:
Priority: :mario2:
Range: :dk2:
First Jump: :diddy:
Second Jump: :falco:
Recovery: :marth:
Other things: He can glide. See Down Air for info.

~~~~~~~((((((The Actual Moveset))))))~~~~~~

Neutral Special~~~~Shadow Flare

At the beginning of this move, Dusknoir pauses for a second. From the mouth on Dusknoir's stomach, a purple flame comes out, as shown in the animation above. This takes about 1 second. The flame is about as big as a Stage Builder block, does 10%, and travels 3 stage builder blocks forward before landing.

But wait! That's not all! As you can see in the above animation, the floor turns purple where his flame landed. This attribute carries on into Smash. For 6 seconds after the flame lands, the stage-builder block area where it landed turns purple and anyone who steps on it takes 2% and turns around as if they were hit by Mario's Cape. This has no ending lag.

Up Special~~~~Dimensional Gate

Dusknoir sweeps his/her/its/potato's hands in front of his/her/its/potato's face. This takes about 2 seconds. Once this is finished, a dark, portal type thing appears in the background behind Dusknoir and somewhere off-stage (if you are on-stage when you use this) or on-stage (if you are on-stage when you use this)

So what's the point of this move, Neo? Well, that's simple, really, if you press the up button while you're next to a door, you enter the door like you would a door in the Subspace Emissary. You then reappear at-who knew?-the other door, after about 2 seconds. Unfortunately, keep in mind your enemy can also take advantage of the doors.

Down Special~~~~Shadow Firewall

Dusknoir opens the mouth on his stomach again, the inside of it glowing purple. Then, a purple fire comes out of it, orbiting Dusknoir. This takes 0.5 seconds. The fires are each as big as a Pokeball.

Well, what's the purpose of this one, Neo? Simple, really. This move is to help him protect against lower moves, as the flames orbit Dusknoir at about his waist's height, about as tall as Kirby. When a flame touches anyone who touches into Dusknoir, it dissipates and does 11% to the enemy, with knockback that kills Mario at 200% You can have 6 flames orbiting you at a time.

Side Special~~~~Sableye Summon

Dusknoir snaps his fingers and..... Oh? What's this? He's summoned one of his Sableyes to fight alongside him! This takes .5 of a second. Sableyes are about as big as Kirby and are controlled by a LVL 5 CPU. You can only have 1 Sableye out on the field at a time. They each have 15 stamina. If you do nor deplete that in 10 seconds, the Sableye vanishes anyways, and Dusknoir has to wait 20 seconds before summoning another one. They travel and attack as fast as MK. They have two attacks.

The first one is a slash that does 4%. They do this when not commanded. This does some moderate hitstun to the enemy, with the hitbox being Sableye's claws (about the size of a Pokeball)

The second one is to turn invisible. They only do this when commanded to, which is simply pressing the B button when you're right next to them. This attack primarily serves for mindgames.

~~~~~~STANDARDS~~~~~

Neutral Attack~~~Shadow Punch

What do you think happens? Dusknoir PAWNCH, that's what happens. Dusknoir pulls back one of his massive hands, his fist glowing black, and punches upwards. This does 9% and about 1/3 of the lag the Warlock Punch, and the hitbox is about the size of Kirby. This can kill Mario at 200%

Dash Attack~~~Shadow Sneak

What's up with this guy and shadows? Anyways, for this move, when you press this button input, Dusknoir suddenly vanishes in a puff of smoke. Then, when you press this button input again, Dusknoir re-appears, approximately 3 stage builder blocks from where he vanished. This does 11% and the hitbox is Dusknoir's entire body. This kills Mario at 140%

~~~~~~~~TILTS~~~~~~~

Up Tilt~~~Evil Eye

No, this move does not refer to the Super Moderator of the same name. Dusknoir's single eye glows a dark purple during the start-up animation of this move. Then, two seconds after the beginning animation, two purple explosions, about as big as Kirby, go off in front of him. Both explosions do about 11% This kills Mario at 120%

But wait! There's more! If you move the control stick while Dusknoir's eye is glowing purple, you can choose the direction the explosions go. This move has no ending lag.

Side Tilt~~~Watchful Eye

During the start-up animation of this move, Dusknoir's single eye glows a dark purple during the start-up animation of this move. Then, two seconds after the beginning animation, two purple explosions, about as big as Kirby, go off in front of him. Both explosions heal 11%

Wait..... heal? Are you insane, Neo? Well, actually, no. First off all, this, combined with Dusknoir's ability to create a free recovery, makes him a god in team. This also can heal his Sableyes. But the main purpose is for the epic mindgames. The enemy will be forced to decide whether they think it is this move or Evil Eye.

But wait! There's more! If you move the control stick while Dusknoir's eye is glowing purple, you can change the direction the explosions go. This move has no ending lag.

Down Tilt~~~Will O Wisp

Dusknoir opens his mouth on his stomach, it glowing red this time. Then, a second, a red fireball, very similar to the MOTHER boys' PK Thunder attack, is released from it. This is controllable, like PK Thunder, and when it touches an opponent, it does 6% to it and some hitstun.

So, how is this different from PK Thunder? That's simple. When it touches an opponent, it burns them, dealing 2% per second for 12 seconds. This has no effect on water-based enemies (think Squirtle, Poliwrath, Bubble Man) and twice damage to ice based (think Kholdstare, Bleak, Abomasnow) and grass based (Ivysaur, Leafeon, etc.) This has about 1 second of ending lag.

~~~~~~~~SMASHES~~~~~~~~

Up Smash~~~Crunch

Dusknoir opens the mouth of his stomach wide open, as the charge up-animation. This move takes about 1 second to fully charge up, and it does 12% and bad knockback at low charge and on high charge, 23% and knockback that kills Mario at 110%. The range is about as big as Mario's Fsmash, and it has about as much priority as it.

If you press B when you are charging, though, Dusknoir pretty much does the equivalent to Wario's Neutral Special and a pummel, which poisons the opponent (think Lip's Stick). Unfortunately, this is easy to DI out of. The pummel does 2 damage.

Side Smash~~~Dark Beam

As shown in the above (poor quality, sorry about that) GIF, Dusknoir pulls his hand back, this taking 1 second for the most charge. Then, Dusknoir thrusts his arm forward, black orbs of energy coming out of them, as shown in the above GIF. The amount of orbs depended on your charge, with 1 ball at no charge and 12 at full charge. Each ball is as big as an unexploded Smart Bomb, and each does 2%, does FLUDD-like knockback, and has about as much priority as Snake's missiles. This makes a great GTFO move, if you haven't figured it out yet.

Down Smash~~~Oblivion Laser

As shown in the above GIF (boy,do I love GIFs?) Dusknoir opens the mouth on the stomach, with black energy gathering around his mouth. When the move charge ends, Dusknoir exclaims, "Take THIS!". This takes about 2 seconds to charge fully, and does 30% and massive knockback that can kill Mario at about 80% when fully charged with massive ending lag. When uncharged, this does 15%, with knockback that can kill Mario at 150%, and moderate ending lag. As you can clearly see, this is Dusknoir's main killing move.

However, this move has an Achilles heel. If someone with higher priority moves attacks it (this move has as much priority as Snake's grenades), or reflects it, gets reflected back at Dusknoir, doing equal damage to him. Of course, Dusknoir can attack it back, reflecting it to his enemy once again.

~~~~~~~~~~GRAB+THROWS~~~~~~~~~

Grab~~~Lunge

Dusknoir lunges forward, with the mouth on his belly open. If this hits an enemy, it grabs the enemy using the mouth on his belly, not unlike his D-Smash. Come on, you guys know how a grab works.

Pummel~~~Shake

Dusknoir suddenly picks up the opponent and starts shaking them. This does approximately 1% per second for 4 seconds. Additionally, if the enemy breaks out of the grab early and Dusknoir has done this move on them, there is a 10% chance that they will be confused, which means their controls we be reversed for the next 5 seconds.

Up Throw~~~Shadow Explosion

Again with the shadows? Anyways, for this move, Dusknoir throws the opponent straight up in the air, which does 5%. Then, he claps his hands, which creates an dark explosion right below your hapless enemy, which does 11% and knockback that kills Mario on Final Destination at 120%. Keep in mind that the opponent can DI out of the explosion, though.

Forward Throw~~~Imprison

Dusknoir simply throws his opponent down. What? That's it? Well, actually,your opponent can still attack, but not move, as they have been hit by Imprison. Rather effective, isn't it? Best when used with one of the burned floors from the Neutral Special, or a Sableye. This effect lasts 2 seconds, and Dusknoir can only do this once per 10 seconds.

Back Throw~~~Disable

This guy has about as much status effects as moves that start with "Shadow", am I right? Anyways, for, this move, Dusknoir simply throws his opponent behind him, doing 2%. The status effect, howe
ver, is that the opponent will find that for the next 30 seconds, the last move that they did before they were hit by this can not be used for 30 seconds.

Down Throw~~~Void Throw

Sounds threatening, doesn't it? Anyways, during this move, Dusknoir opens a portal, not unlike his Up Special, and throws his enemy in. The enemy reappears anywhere on stage that is not 2 stage builder blocks from the blast line, so they won't immediately kill themselves. This move does 5%

~~~~~~~~~~~AERIALS~~~~~~~~~~~

Neutral Air~~~Payback

Dusknoir suddenly turns blue for 2 seconds. During these two seconds, Dusknoir can not attack. Then, suddenly, Dusknoir release a wave of black light. The damage, you see, is twice the damage the opponent dealt to Dusknoir while he was glowing blue. This has arange of about 3 stage builder blocks around Dusknoir. This has about as much priority as a shield breaker. This has absolutely no ending lag whatsoever.

Up Aerial~~~Sucker Punch

Dusknoir punches upwards for this move. This is a punch that has a hitbox about the size of Kirby, and does 14%. This has great priority, with no ending lag. This can kill Mario at 120%

Now, before you cry, "GENERIC!", this move has a catch. You can only land this move if the opponent is attacking. This means that if Dusknoir wants to land this fantastic move, he has to be wary.

Down Air~~~Flight Of the Reaper

Dusknoir curls himself down into a ball. The, after pausing for 0.5 of a second, he plunges down, dive-bombing himself. Dusknoir's whole, curled-up body, the size of Kirby, is a hitbox during this move, and it does 14% with mediocre priority. This is a full-fledged Stall-then-Fall, with one exception.

If you press Up on the control stick while Dusknoir is going down, he will start gliding, hence the name of the move. This makes a pretty useful move once you consider the exploitablity of his Up-Special.

Forward Air~~~Invisibility

Dusknoir laughs, rather evilly, and suddenly disappears into thin air. In reality,this is pretty much a portable Cloaking Device, only that Dusknoir is completely invisible during this move. This lasts about 10 seconds, and it can be used once per 20 seconds. Other than that, go wild! You're invisible, man!

Additionally, if an opponent grabs Dusknoir during this move,or vice versa, the opponent will turn invisible also. This makes Dusknoir even more potentially deadly in teams.

Back Air~~~Night Shade

lol the BAir sucks.

This is a rather...... interesting move. A wave of shadow comes out from Dusknoir's sides. This wave is about three stage builder blocks long, with mediocre priority. The whole wave is the hitbox here.

The damage and knockback, however, are a different story. The damage that this move does is 1/3 of the damage Dusknoir currently has. The knockback is determined by how much damage the move does:

1. The move does 1%-10%---Poor knockback; kills Mario at 170%
  2. The move does 11%-20%---Middle-of-the-road knockback; kills Mario at 150%
  3. The move does 21%-30---Good knockback; kills Mario at 120%
  4. The move does 31+%----Amazing knock; kills Mario at 90%

~~~~~~~~~~~~FINAL SMASH~PLANET'S PARALYSIS~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dusknoir laughs like only an antagonist can, saying, "Yes! The planet's paralysis has finally came!". Then, a bright flash of light, and everyone besides Dusknoir is frozen in place. The stage looks darker, gloomier, with stones broken, plants wilted, etc. Now, for the next 10 seconds, you are free to do whatever you want. Go nuts!

~~~~~~PLAYSTYLE~~~~~~

First thing you'll notice about Dusknoir is his sheer amount of stage control. Seriously, his stage control is the whole reason he's not underpowered with his bad mix of stats. Also,you may have noticed that he has two different playstyles, really; aerial and ground. Therefore, this section will be split into two parts.

~~~~AERIAL~~~~
First of all, Invisibility is your best friend here. Use it. It is practically the glue of Dusknoir's aerial game, as it allows him to plant his schemes. You should be wary when you cannot use it.

Okay, so you've cast Invisibility on yourself. Good. Now, GLIDE LIKE THE WINDS! No, really. Gliding is makes aerial mobility so much easier, especially when you're invisible.

Now, there are two options you can do. One is to purposely get hit, and attempt to survive until 120% or higher. Now, once you do that, you can unleash Night Shade, devastating the opponents. While you are doing that, when you are building up your damage, you can also unleash Payback. Of course, it's much easier when your invisible to start Payback, as the can't see your glow.

Your second option is to unleash Sucker Punch and Flight of the Reaper constantly. Of course, Sucker Punch becomes more useful when you're invisible. There's not as much as I can say for this than the first option.

~~~~GROUND~~~~
First of all, what you'll want to do groundwise is set up Firewall. This can be tricky, as Firewall takes a while to completely set up. So what should you do? That's simple. Dthrow the enemy or send a Sableye to distract them.

Next, use Dimensional Gate. You'll want to, so you won't get messed up if you get gimped. Again, use a Sableye to distract your opponent when you are doing this.

Now, it's time for damage racking. Dthrow+Neutral Special+Up Tilt is a really good option. Dash Attack becomes 5 times more useful when you are invisible.

Then there's the mindgamed. Healing with Watchful Eye is a good one, as it might make your opponent think you're friendly. Invisibility plus Shadow Sneak is even better.

Finally, there's the killing moves. While Crunch can be violate, the best choice is Fthrow+ Dsmash. Be wary, though, as the enemy may reflect the attack back.

~~~~~~PLAYING AGAINST~~~~~~

~~~~AERIAL~~~~
First of all, be wary when Dusknoir is invisible. For all you know, he could be using Payback. Sucker Punch also is pretty strong to, and its potential is improved when Dusknoir is invisible. It would be best not attack when he's invisible.

When the invisibility wears off, though, then unleash your best attacks. When Dusknoir is visible, the only thing that's much of a threat is Flight of the Reaper.

~~~~~GROUND~~~~~
First of all, Invisibility is not as potent onstage as it is offstage. The only thing you have to worry about is Shadow Sneak on ground with invisibility. But Dusknoir has a whole new slew of threats onstage.

You'll want to destroy Firewall as soon as you can, especially if you are a small character. Use long ranged attacks when you are fighting against Dusknoir.

Then there's the stage control. Watch out for burned floors, and never, ever, get grabbed at a high percentage, as it probably means he's gonna Fthrow-->Dsmash. That's bad. Also, never walk in to Evil Eye; sure, it might be Watchful Eye, but more often than not, it's Evil Eye.

Basically, the best way to beat Dusknoir is to stay away and hit him with long-ranged moves. Do this and you will succeed.

~~~~~~~MATCHUPS~~~~~~~

Vs. MK; 60-40, Dusknoir's favor

Dusknoir is one of MK's worst nightmares: he is defensive with close-up offense, and Firewall pretty much shuts down most non-aerial offense. And then there's Dusknoir's aerial game. So what can MK do? First, the wh0renado is even more potent with Dusknoir, as it can shred through all of Dusknoir's firewall without blinking. Second, MK can murder Dusknoir aerially when he's not invisible. Those are MK's two biggest hopes for survival in this matchup.

Vs Snake; 20-80, Snake's favor

Dusknoir hates Snake about as much as GaW hates MK. Snake's unbelievably broken tilts laugh at Firewall. Then there's Snake's arsenal of projectiles, which pretty much shuts down the stage control. The only thing that Dusknoir can hope to do is make an aerial approach, but then there's the Nikita to worry about. Counterpick against this guy.

Vs DDD; 50-50

Right away, the chaingrab is rendered useless in this match-up, as he's as light as Game and Watch. However, DDD is a rather long-ranged character. Due to Firewall, his minions are rendered useless. Swallowing Dusknoir also gets rid of his Firewall and Sableyes. The easiest way for Dusknoir to kill the fat penguin king from Dreamland is to make an aerial approach, as he doesn't have any real good anti-air attacks like Snake. This could go either way.

Vs Pikachu; 40-60, Pika's favor

Pika is fast, small, and agile; everything that Dusknoir hates. Pika can ignore Dusknoir's Firewall with his Neutral Special, and his aerial game is something to fear. There's also Thunder, to annoy Dusknoir aerially. Evil Eye and Shadow Sneak can potentially annoy Pika; the same is true with Sucker Punch. Overall, this is a bit of a challenging matchup; not as challenging as Snake, but still quite challenging.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
M. Bison is pretty good, although every move seems to start with fills with Psycho Power, which makes them seem a lot more similar than they really are. M. Bison is a very interesting playing character with a lot of powerful hits but fewer KO moves for a heavyweight.

A few complaints would be the lack of a dash just seems really weird, and the down special could probably be retuned so that it wasn't a "once a stock" move. Other than that though, no complaints. It's a very nice moveset. It's a little hard to read, but its very solid.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
When I first saw M. Bison, the only thing I could think of is a typical heavy weight with easy KO moves. As I read further he was very different. WIth that body I thought his moveset was going to be similar to ganondorf. I was also not expecting him to be able to take on good campers from afar. I worry for his lack of KO moves and I thought his UP air would kill sooner like at 90% damage.

I finished my Oliver moveset, but will post it later. I have to edit a few things.

Frf

Smash Apprentice
*sees Bison moveset*

You better do Bison good, I main him in every Street Fighter game he's in. 0_<

Overall it was a nice moveset, albeit you could've done a lot more with Cammy and the crew. Perhaps some of Bison's attacks involving psycho powers could give you a bit more control over them? Also it seems like you copped out on a dash attack, but that's just minor. The concept of a heavyweight (sort of) being made with a lack of KO moves was an interesting one, to say the least. The attacks are flashy and none are particularly bland, yet I see a lot of places where you could have done something special.

Despite my complaints you stayed faithful to Bison. I give it a DELICIOUS/10.

Alright, the only thing I got left on my Slugma moveset is to type it all out and make it look all pretty. That'll take longer than most would think, because passing the driver's test is my first priority. >_<

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
M. BISON
Sorry for tainting your page last time with that comment for another moveset. I hate it when people do that, but I honestly didn't know there was a moveset on this page. My apologies.

So yeah. Bison. He's without a doubt leagues better then Cammy, though that's not saying much. While I feel more could be done with his psycho power, I decided to actually look at how he plays in some Street Fighter games before reading the moveset since I'm trying to famalarize myself with the series anyway. . .And he all the other characters have generic as moves as hell as in any fighter, so that made your moveset seem pretty d*mn original in comparison.

You make moves more interesting then what we have in Smash without going too crazy or out there, staying true to the Street Fighter's basic punching/kicking. This would be an ideal way to include Bison if he were to actually be added to Smash Bros, no questions asked. You found a good balance of staying true to the generic source material without being too boring.

While his playstyle wasn't much beyond a typical damage racker with a few tricks, it was at least consistent, and the fact that it's for what one would expect to be a typical slow *** powerful dictator makes it interesting. While he's obviously holding back in the moveset, him wanting to see "his foes suffer as much as he can" is a far better explanation then him just not deeming his foes worth his time like some other movesets have taken. I like it.

Your writing style is also surprisingly gotten a lot better since Cammy (Sorry, didn't read Excel, you can shoot me if you'd like), with you telling us all the necessary details while still trimming off all the fat from the attacks. This was extremely easy to read through yet never left me wondering about what anything did.

And of course, all the references to him in the cartoon were lulzy. While I have nothing against generic stages, I'm not terribly fond of walk offs. While it would be OOC for Street Fighter, those things are just disgusting. That said, you made several excellent music choices that made reading through this moveset far easier. . .Hell, I'm still listening to it now. That's probably why my impression of the moveset seems so surprisingly good despite it being somewhat generic.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
M.Bison: This is A LOT better than Cammy. Cammy frankly had little originality and imperfect balance, and you've managed to fix both of these problems in this set, as M.Bison has some more original attacks and better balance. However, these issues aren't yet perfect- some moves seem like ones Sakurai would make (though not as many as with Cammy), and I think he may be minorly overpowered. However, disregarding these two main issues, you've done very well, with nice detail, personality and a very nice playstyle. A slow heaviweight with bad KOing ability is an interesting combination, and you pulled it off well.
With this set, I really tried to find a solid mid-point between staying true to the series and not having the attacks come off as bland, and Bison was the perfect character to do that with. & I'm definitely aware that Bison's playstyle is not what would be expected out of him, as most villains are slow tanks with tons of firepower. glad you liked the set!

M. Bison is pretty good, although every move seems to start with fills with Psycho Power, which makes them seem a lot more similar than they really are. M. Bison is a very interesting playing character with a lot of powerful hits but fewer KO moves for a heavyweight.

A few complaints would be the lack of a dash just seems really weird, and the down special could probably be retuned so that it wasn't a "once a stock" move. Other than that though, no complaints. It's a very nice moveset. It's a little hard to read, but its very solid.
The lack of a dash was something I simply came up with to keep Bison more true to the games and to give him a large weakness, which he definitely needed. I just thought it was more interesting to do it like that rather then just make him slow for no real reason. & I added in the restriction to the down special last minute, but I suppose its rather unneeded, seeing as how it takes Bison a large amount of time to summon a doll. Anyhow, thanks for the comments!

When I first saw M. Bison, the only thing I could think of is a typical heavy weight with easy KO moves. As I read further he was very different. WIth that body I thought his moveset was going to be similar to ganondorf. I was also not expecting him to be able to take on good campers from afar. I worry for his lack of KO moves and I thought his UP air would kill sooner like at 90% damage.
Well, Bison certainly looks as intimidating as ganondorf at times, so I'd assume some people would think of Bison having the same playstyle as him. Bison was designed to destroy campers & force them to get close. thanks for the comments!

*sees Bison moveset*

You better do Bison good, I main him in every Street Fighter game he's in. 0_<

Overall it was a nice moveset, albeit you could've done a lot more with Cammy and the crew. Perhaps some of Bison's attacks involving psycho powers could give you a bit more control over them? Also it seems like you copped out on a dash attack, but that's just minor. The concept of a heavyweight (sort of) being made with a lack of KO moves was an interesting one, to say the least. The attacks are flashy and none are particularly bland, yet I see a lot of places where you could have done something special.

Despite my complaints you stayed faithful to Bison. I give it a DELICIOUS/10.
O.O thats certainly something I could've done; giving Bison more control over his dolls. But that's not how I saw Bison working in brawl, & that's certainly not something he likes to do in his fights, he simply commands his dolls to take people out xd. Anyhow, (I'm becoming a broken record) glad you liked the set!

M. BISON
Sorry for tainting your page last time with that comment for another moveset. I hate it when people do that, but I honestly didn't know there was a moveset on this page. My apologies.

So yeah. Bison. He's without a doubt leagues better then Cammy, though that's not saying much. While I feel more could be done with his psycho power, I decided to actually look at how he plays in some Street Fighter games before reading the moveset since I'm trying to famalarize myself with the series anyway. . .And he all the other characters have generic as moves as hell as in any fighter, so that made your moveset seem pretty d*mn original in comparison.

You make moves more interesting then what we have in Smash without going too crazy or out there, staying true to the Street Fighter's basic punching/kicking. This would be an ideal way to include Bison if he were to actually be added to Smash Bros, no questions asked. You found a good balance of staying true to the generic source material without being too boring.

While his playstyle wasn't much beyond a typical damage racker with a few tricks, it was at least consistent, and the fact that it's for what one would expect to be a typical slow *** powerful dictator makes it interesting. While he's obviously holding back in the moveset, him wanting to see "his foes suffer as much as he can" is a far better explanation then him just not deeming his foes worth his time like some other movesets have taken. I like it.

Your writing style is also surprisingly gotten a lot better since Cammy (Sorry, didn't read Excel, you can shoot me if you'd like), with you telling us all the necessary details while still trimming off all the fat from the attacks. This was extremely easy to read through yet never left me wondering about what anything did.

And of course, all the references to him in the cartoon were lulzy. While I have nothing against generic stages, I'm not terribly fond of walk offs. While it would be OOC for Street Fighter, those things are just disgusting. That said, you made several excellent music choices that made reading through this moveset far easier. . .Hell, I'm still listening to it now. That's probably why my impression of the moveset seems so surprisingly good despite it being somewhat generic.
Again, I was trying to find a middle ground between staying true to character and not being boring with Bison, & I'm happy to be receiving mostly positive comments. With cammy, I made being true to character the first priority, so its no wonder she wasn't received well.

& the only reason his playstyle is being received so well is probably because it was unexpected for his character. The "slow heavyweight" with tons of KO moves is the archtype that is associated with villains in brawl, so it was pretty unexpected for Bison to be a damage racker with long range moves to shred campers.

I do think, however, that my writing style kind of differs from set to set. I wasn't really excited when I was making cammy (I was sick actually), so of course, my writing style fell flat. for excel, my style was a bit bland because I used Excel's own quotes to create lulz. I didn't try to induce a huge amount of lulz with Bison, but I definitely did a better job explaining his moves. also, *shoots for not reading Excel*

I was pretty much obligated to include a few cartoon references in the set xd. & yeah. I'm probably gonna drop stages from my sets from now on. I've pretty much just been using them as excuses to include music, & seeing as how I can just put it at the beginning, making stages isn't really appealing to me anymore. Glad you liked the music choices too!

Thanks a lot for your comments MW, & I do hope that it wasn't just the music that gave you a good impression of this set. :)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So M. Bison is posted. Yay! And he's an enjoyable moveset. Yay again!

Like others have said, I was pleased to see a villian who isn't a slow power character.

I liked the use of Psycho power for moves outside of the specials, Sakurai would have probably just given him purely generic attacks. There were some genuinely cool moves such as the DSmash and Fair, and even the more basic moves still had something about them to make them worth reading, kudos to you.

And of course, bonus points for "Yes! Yes!"

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
K.Rool, if you're reading this, i need your help on this particular moveset.
Elaborate via VM, perhaps? Eh, I'll just go to the chat.

Anyway, I devoured Clefable as soon as she was posted. It's a Junahu, after all. I certainly see what you mean when you say you went for a simplistic, spacey writing style, and no one really personalizes the way they write their sets to fit the character as much as you do. The first thing I can say for this set is that it is every bit a joy to read, with that absolutely jaw-droppingly beautiful organization, the very short, friendly descriptions, and the simple nature of the character's playstyle.

Cute Charm, I find, is a bit overpowered, but astonishingly fitting. It's actually perfect for the walling playstyle which works out so well. I don't think this set really suffers from Pokemon syndrome, and you don't believe in that anyway, so whatever. A few of the attacks feel a tad random to me - like the giant boulder she takes out from nowhere - but in general, the moveset's very easy to imagine implemented into Brawl. It seems even the sets you make quickly - Wispa, anyone? - turn out fantastic.

I'm going to have to comment on everything else that's been posted tomorrow. Geez, you guys make it hard to keep up.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I've made some modifications to my Jade moveset. Namly the following:
  • The moveset has more bbcoding in it to make it prettier.
  • Minor change to his down tilt.
  • Made changes to his throws to make them less generic and more taken from Tales of the Abyss.
  • Made changes to his aerials as well for the same reason.

I would appreciate feedback on the changes, as I believe that they make Jade's moveset better overall, as a common complaint was that his moves were too generic.

And might I say that Clefable moveset looks impressive so far. I've only skimmed over it, but from what I've seen it's very impressive.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I've made some modifications to my Jade moveset. Namly the following:
  • The moveset has more bbcoding in it to make it prettier.
  • Minor change to his down tilt.
  • Made changes to his throws to make them less generic and more taken from Tales of the Abyss.
  • Made changes to his aerials as well for the same reason.

I would appreciate feedback on the changes, as I believe that they make Jade's moveset better overall, as a common complaint was that his moves were too generic.

And might I say that Clefable moveset looks impressive so far. I've only skimmed over it, but from what I've seen it's very impressive.
Request a review for Jade. http://chiefmendez.wordpress.com/ It is a job of the leadership to help people improve through reviews.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Good to see that you finally gave Vaati a final smash, Ocon. I like the use of his true form and how he reappears on the opposite end of the stage if he just whisks off of it instead of KOing himself or something idiotic like that. It was a good bit more then I was expecting, what with how you talked about planning on making it lame.

SERVBOT
FINALLY I get around to reading a UserShadow set in full detail. Whenever I try, something always seems to interrupt me. I almost didn’t get around to it this time what with Clefable and Bison being posted, but I managed to finish it before anything else was posted. Sorry for very very long overdue commentary on one of your sets (Albeit I did read a lot of Agent J and some of the stooges and loved the later while the former was a good nostalgia trip).

So, actual commentary on Servbot. Kay. He has a lot of surprisingly unique moves, namely in the aerials, and I like the various moves that make use of the extra Servbots. While I did get the feeling that some of the moves felt a bit random and relied too much on props, it seems to be in character for them for what I learned of them throughout reading the set, particularly when taking into account the final smash is directly taken from another game they’re in.

I like Servbot’s playstyle somewhat and your playstyle section is better then most it’s short length, and Servbot does seem to be somewhat consistent in playstyle, if only for his mechanic, though it doesn’t flow nearly as much as it could. Anyway, while the moveset does seem fun enough for certain, I’m irked by it’s inbalance. I don’t care if it’s easy to knock Servbot out of his recovery, 8 godd*amn seconds is more then long enough to maneuver around the foe and get to the stage with ease. Lower it down to 4, at the most. In addition, Servbot seems plenty good at damage racking while having plenty of power to KO foes, the uthrow and bthrow are particularly glaring in how potentially powerful they can be. In addition, Servbot doesn’t seem all that easy to KO seeing he can increase his weight via side special and the fact he has that broken nair. What’s keeping him from just using that every time he has to take a hit seeing how little lag it has? Give it a bit more lag and it’d be fine. Then again, I made Sloth and Envy. I shouldn't be talking about balance.

Also, you seem to have a bias against characters of a large size, when they already have way over enough already going against them thanks to chain grabs and combos/juggling. If you ever show favor based on a character’s size, it should be in the favor of large characters, not small ones.

. . .But enough criticism. Despite some issues, Servbot was surprisingly a very enjoyable read due to several creative moves and all the little easter eggs in the set, particularly the side special and the win poses. You do a great job at making the little guys lovable in the moveset, and the whole thing seems to be a massive nostalgia trip to boot, not that I’d know seeing how uneducated I am about Megaman.

Also, please edit the down special so it doesn’t refer to itself as a down smash. Kthx.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Good to see that you finally gave Vaati a final smash, Ocon. I like the use of his true form and how he reappears on the opposite end of the stage if he just whisks off of it instead of KOing himself or something idiotic like that. It was a good bit more then I was expecting, what with how you talked about planning on making it lame.
I was expecting it to be, but then I started working on it. It turned out much better than I thought it would.

For those who have yet to see, I have given Vaati a Final Smash. Check it out!

Agi

Smash Lord
Have... I really not posted here yet? O_o

Anyways, this post is meaningless as KRool has a moveset on the VERY next page, but just so you all know I have a joint set with Plorf coming up, so look forward to that.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Kangaskhan​

(And Babyskhan)

«««««««««««««««««« Overview »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Kangaskhan - the Parent Pokemon - is a very angry parent Pokemon. Her name is an amalgam of kangaroo and Genghis Khan, so that should say plenty in and of itself, no? Her main claim to fame is being caught (only with great difficulty) in the Safari Zone. Learnset-wise, she doesn't have much to boast about, although she has access to the rare Dizzy Punch, however that works.

Her stats are mostly good, especially Attack - she's an attacking beast - and Speed, making her a nice heavy hitter, if a bit bland and vanilla. Coincidentally, I love vanilla and put it in my milk.

Kangaskhan's also noteworthy for being the preferred Pokemon of Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket, odd considering that she's the most motherly of Pokemon. Doesn't really seem fitting for a criminal mastermind - perhaps he has some ulterior motive...

«««««««««««««««««« Babyskhan »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

The young Kangaskhan in the pouch - who I'll be referring to as Babyskhan for facilitated descriptions - plays an integral part in Kangaskhan's game. Although you control mama Kangaskhan, it's only when Babyskhan is KO'd that you lose a stock. Her maternal instincts are so strong that she lives on as long as her baby does; isn't that touching?

Kangaskhan is an incredibly powerful and perhaps even downright broken combatant - but she has one major flaw. Babyskhan is adventurous, and he's also not firmly contained in that pouch. Taking a heavy hit - dealing over 20% - causes Baby to fall out. Babyskhan ventures out on his own by default after ten seconds in the pouch. At times like these, your duo can be easily KO'd; Babyskhan is as light as Jigglypuff and has all the damage that Kangaskhan does, and he doesn't do much beyond wandering around. Your prerogative must always be protecting your baby.

That's the Parent part.

The other part is that Kangaskhan has Rage. Read Down Special for the specifics, but suffice to say that the angrier Kangaskhan gets, the stronger her attacks get. Nothing enrages her like her baby being threatened. Every attack on Babyskhan specifically causes her Rage to rise exponentially and single-handedly powers up her moveset. With too much Rage, you may even temporarily lose control of Kangaskhan. The specifics:

Kangaskhan starts at 0 Rage and can have a maximum of 12. For each increment it goes up, her run speed increases, and a few attack change in power. In addition to a small counter next to her stock, Rage level is indicated by the number of bulging veins Kangaskhan has while not using this attack.

At 12 Rage, Kangaskhan loses control, and will disobey your button inputs about 50% of the time, using attacks at random and automatically running toward the foe, even at the cost of protecting her brood.

Kangaskhan loses 1 Rage increment after five seconds of it not going up, so hopefully you won't be out of control for too long. Every attack directly on Babyskhan raises your Rage by 2.

That's the Genghis Khan part.

«««««««««««««««««« Animations »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Idle
Kangaskhan stands up straight, squinting angrily ahead, although she occasionally tosses a worried glance at Babyskhan, wherever on the screen he is. When her Rage starts mounting, she begins to stomp when still, shaking the stage as she does so.

Walk
By default, Kangaskhan stalks unhurriedly forward. In a Rage, she's hunched forward like a dinosaur and stomps mightily as she goes.

Run
Kangaskhan's run is actually rather fast, as she hurtles forward angrily (she does everything angrily, so I'm going to stop putting in that adverb and leave you to add that mentally). In a Rage, she's even angrier, and runs still quicker, at the speed of Sheik.

Crouch
Kangaskhan leans toward the ground slightly, putting one hand slightly behind her to keep her balance. Slow crouch.

«««««««««««««««««« Stats »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Weight »»» 10
Power »»» 9
Fall Speed »»» 9
Height »»» 9
Range »»» 7
Run »»» 7
Traction »»» 6
Attack Speed »»» 5
Jump »»» 4

Yeah, those are some pretty glorious stats. She's basically your typical heavyweight, plus average speed. She falls like a rock and loses out on jumping skill a bit - beyond that, She couldn't get much better. Be advised that several of these stats technically go up when she starts getting in a range.

Babyskhan basically has the exact same stats, but is a smaller, weaker version. You only gain control of him once mama's been KO'd, but for reference, his heavyweight stats are all about 5 lower, making him average in power and fall speed. His jump, traction, and attack speed are the same as mama's. His weight, of course, is drastically lower, bottoming out.

«««««««««««««««««« ATTACKS »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Specials

Down Special »»» Rage
A vein in Kangaskhan's temple bulges out in typical comical anime style. This big red bulge throbs for one second before fading. In that time, if Kangaskhan is hit, her Rage goes up by an increment of 1. This is pretty basic, but vital. At 12 Rage - if you happen to accidentally use it - this attack does nothing. This attack not usable by Babyskhan.

Neutral Special »»» Baby Charge
Babyskhan suddenly hurtles out of Kangaskhan's pouch and shoots forward. He runs very quickly and goes a platform forward; if he meets anyone, he'll do his best impersonation of Mama's Dizzy Punch, leaning back slightly to wind up before punching forward mightily. The hit deals 14% and has good knockback, with very long hitstun. If he doesn't meet anyone, he flees back to the pouch - the whole process takes a bit less than a second. Now, he has super armor throughout this attack, but Kangaskhan does not, and merely look surprised, reaching after baby futilely. If she's hit away, Babyskhan will be confused when he reaches the spot where she should be, and just stand in place, looking around with curiosity. He's a sitting duck.

If this attack is used when baby is out of the pouch, Kangaskhan will sweep in front of her with one arm. This is very quick and can be used on air or on the ground. If baby's within reach, he'll be swept into the pouch, and there's a moment of lag as Kangaskhan breathes a sigh of relief. If a foe is within reach, they'll just be tripped, or, in the air, sent into freefall. This is therefore good both as a way to save baby from punishment and to edgeguard. This attack not usable by Babyskhan.

Forward Special »»» Skull Bash
Kangaskhan, out of her default pose, rushes forward wildly, head lowered for a headbutt - this starts up with a bit of lag. She rushes forward for two platforms by default, and upon contact, deals a heavy blow dealing 16% and great horizontal knockback. With higher Rage, she runs further forward and (at 8+ Rage) her whole body is a small hitbox with multiple small hits with high hitstun. This sounds pretty boring.

If Babyskhan is loose in her path, he'll see angry mama coming and run. He runs wildly forward, staying just a tiny bit ahead of Kangaskhan, and is a high-priority hitbox himself that causes tripping. This makes it, of course, that much easier to land the big hit.

Up Special »»» Protect the Brood
If Babyskhan is in Kangaskhan's pouch when this attack is used, she'll pull him out forcibly, looking desperate, and hurls him up and slightly forward for a distance equal to Game & Watch's. This is very quick to come out, and Babyskhan is actually a strong hitbox that deals 10% and good knockback up - this can actually be used to KO a foe you were juggling on solid ground, if you dare use your baby as a weapon. Obviously, this recovery saves baby but causes Kangaskhan to fall to her doom. Now you control Babyskhan, who has a much more limited moveset and weaker stats. Poor little guy...

However, if you use this attack when Babyskhan is NOT in mama's pouch, she'll lean back and charge a Mega Punch instead, her fist glowing white. After a moment, she shoots the ball of energy formed over his fist forward as it homes onto the stage - once it hits, the stage will shake mightily, causing foes to trip, be grounded, or simply be stunned. Babyskhan is used to Kangaskhan's shaking and will be completely untouched. Her final gift to him is a moment of reprieve, and if used properly, she'll be KO'd while they're still stunned, letting you punish with Babyskhan as soon as you gain control of him. This attack is usable from a midair jump, although it remains laggy. This attack not usable by Babyskhan.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Standards

Jab »»» Baby Poke
In the first hit of the jab, Babyskhan leans forward out of the pouch and jabs at the foe's feet with a finger - this is 90% likely to trip, although it deals no damage. The other 10% of the time, it causes flinch. If you don't follow it up with the second hit, you're unlikely to have the time to punish the foe. If Baby is out of the pouch, he'll poke at the feet of anyone in front of him anyway, so this is a rare way to protect him from afar.

Jab, Second Hit »»» Mama Punt
After the foe is tripped, Kangaskhan immediately brings a foot back and then forward, kicking them with a lot of strength for a relatively quick attack; this deals mostly upward knockback and 8%. Of note is that if you use this attack with Babyskhan loose on the ground before you, he'll be dealt the knockback, too, but not the damage. It's a good way to get him out of a tight spot if need be, but beware you don't accidentally KO him. This attack not usable by Babyskhan.

Dash Attack »»» Earthquake
From her run, Kangaskhan suddenly leaps a short ways up, then drops even more quickly than she would by default. When she hits ground again, the stage shakes and a red wave bursts briefly from the ground all around her, dealing 9% and long hitstun. The shaking effect is again just for show, although this one is interesting if Babyskhan is running loose. When he feels the shake, he'll run home to mama, seeing her anger; if he's interrupted in some way, he'll stop heading toward her. This attack is a release of pent-up anger and will reduce her Rage by 4, making it quite handy despite a goodly amount of start-up and end lag.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Tilts

Forward Tilt »»» Comet Punch/Encore
Upon input, Kangaskhan turns halfway around without moving her feet, bringing a fist back. When she lets loose, the fist glows white, moves slowly and deals two hits; the first deals 7% and one long flinch, and the second 2% and the tiniest upward knockback.

After the first hit, Babyskhan will applaud. If he's in the pouch as he does so, mama will attempt to repeat the exact same attack, and may succeed if the foe is at the right %. If she succeeds again, he'll applaud again, and so it goes ad nauseum for a maximum of five Comet Punches. However, if Babyskhan is not in the pouch when you use this attack, his applause will actually make the foe repeat the last attack THEY used. He'll have access to Encore after Kangaskhan is KO'd, and it's a decent stall tactic, although too laggy to be strung together indefinitely. First hit of this attack not usable by Babyskhan.

Up Tilt »»» Baby Rattle
With only a bit of start-up, Babyskhan jumps straight out of the pouch, one fist outstretched. This tiny fist is a hitbox dealing 10% but middling knockback. Before he can go too high up, Kangaskhan grabs him by the ankle, and angrily swings him down onto the ground in front of her, where he dangles, looking sulky. This nonchalant move - bringing the baby down to eye level - is also a hitbox, this one dealing 12% and good horizontal knockback. It has some ending lag, though, as Kangaskhan stows baby back in the pouch. If this attack is interrupted at any moment, the two will be separated, so exercise caution when using your baby as a battering weapon.

If this is used when the two are separated, Babyskhan will use his jump in the direction of Kangaskhan, trying to make his way back to mother. His fist is outstretched during the whole jump, but it's a pretty small hitbox, and unreliable. At the least, though, it moves your two players closer together. This is most useful when Babyskhan has been knocked off the ledge and Kangaskhan hasn't, as it gives him a quasi-third jump. First variant of this attack not usable by Babyskhan.

Down Tilt »»» Thrash
From her awkward crouch position, Kangaskhan begins to thrash about wildly and randomly. Her body is a strong hitbox that can deal 13% and hit foes away on whatever angle you hit them at. The thrashing goes on for about two seconds, and you can move her slightly on the ground as you use it. This is very quick to come out but has heavy wind-down.

However, this mighty attack has to big requirement: first, Babyskhan must be out of the pouch for her to use such a risky attack; second, she has to have at least 10 Rage, and she loses all her Rage after usage of this attack. Basically, this is your answer to someone picking on Babyskhan - your Rage goes up as they hit him, then you use this and knock them out of there. Babyskhan cowers in the background of the stage as you use this attack, impervious to any attacks.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Smashes

Forward Smash »»» Dizzy Punch
You knew it had to make an appearance... In a grown-up version of the attack Babyskhan tries in Neutral B, Kangaskhan leans back, her front foot off the ground as she winds up her punch, then tosses her whole bulk forward behind the blow, which deals 26% and has massive knockback, comparable to the Forward Smashes of the greatest heavyweights. Very laggy, both before and after, although not as much as, say, Dedede's.

This would be rather boring if not for one interesting tidbit; while you charge, Babyskhan takes the moment to creep out of the pouch. The longer you charge, the further away he tiptoes - if a foe takes this opportunity to try to punish him, it'll bring them into the considerable range of the Dizzy Punch. If Babyskhan meets up with a foe, he'll cling to them, making them an easy target. After the hit itself, he continues to cling for a short distance before letting go and beginning to tumble helplessly - this is the trade-off for a facilitated hit, and you'd better go and catch your baby before he tumbles off the edge.

If Babyskhan is not in the pouch, only the first part of the attack applies.

Up Smash »»» Giant's Leap
Kangaskhan charges by ducking down lower to the ground. When you release, she leaps a short ways up, rather like Bowser, then drops abruptly, rather like her dash attack. She's only a hitbox on the way down, and hits foes into the ground, burying them very briefly. Since this attack has considerable start-up and wind-down, you're unlikely to be able to punish. Charging increases only damage, sorry about that; it deals anywhere from 15-21%.

When Kangaskhan hits ground, all featherweights are rocketed a short distance into the air from the force of the impact, about the height of Kangaskhan herself. This includes Babyskhan, who spins rapidly as he goes, the poor little guy. You abusive parent, you... accident, BAH! Babyskhan is a multi-hit hitbox who can deal about 15% at most. If he was in the pouch, he's shot up a bit further, dragging foes as he goes. Ideally, you'll bury a foe, then drag them with you in a Screw Attack-like combo, for a maximum totaly of 36%. Pretty impressive. This also gives Babyskhan a rare attack option when he's stuck on his own, although remember that it's laggy and easy to see coming. This attack not usable by Babyskhan.

Down Smash »»» Outrage
Kangaskhan crouches down slightly, leaning forward and clenching her fists in a classical "charging" pose. The charge time on this is slightly longer then usual. During this period, Kangaskhan has super armor - and not just that, but any attacks used on her increase her Rage by 2. When the attack is finally used - and it's quite laggy - she unleashes all of the energy, which bursts in a kind of explosion of energy, radius of half a Smart Bomb or so. This can deal anywhere from 9% (small burst) to an astonishing 31% (large explosion), depending on how much Rage Kangaskhan has, rather than on charge time. It doesn't have really tremendous knockback unless fully charged.

If you use this with 10 or more Rage to begin with, it can't be charged and is much less laggy because of it. Just don't use this when Babyskhan has been separated, because they'll happily ignore your charging and beat on him some more.

This attack empties out your Rage.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Aerials

Neutral Aerial »»» Reversal
This attack has a whole lot of lag. Kangaskhan focuses, closing her eyes and turning her head skywards. After about one second, she brings her limbs together and then suddenly flexes every muscle at once; there's a flash and she disappears, only to reappear where Babyskhan was until a moment ago. If he was in her pouch, this is basically just a very laggy, slow air dodge. However, if he was about to be KO'd... well, you just sent him to safety while simultaneously placing yourself at fist's range of the foe. This attack works even if interrupted by landing on the ground, which is likely to happen unless you use it from the peak of your jump. This attack not usable by Babyskhan.

Forward Aerial »»» Double Hit
This two-part attack has low lag on the first hit and more on the second. First, Babyskhan pops out of the pouch, reaching forward as far as his little arms can go, and tries to grab onto the foe. Next, Kangaskhan, who's been readying a fist in the air, brings it down suddenly and with full strength, spiking that very same trapped foe and dealing 15%.

But there's a catch. Firstly, if you don't have Babyskhan in your pouch, there is no first hit, making this easy to dodge. Secondly, if you DO have him in your pouch but he misses the foe - Kangaskhan still brings her fist down, and poor Babyskhan was reaching out, so he's the one who gets spiked, although the duo takes no damage. Basically, if you miss, not only are you separated, but you're likely to KO your own progeny. Babyskhan is a small hitbox as he falls, dealing 8% and small downwards knockback, so even if you fail, this can be a Kangacide.

Another repercussion of this attack (man, this is turning out to be another Jumpluff Down Smash, eh?) is that Kangaskhan, upon seeing the damage she did to her own baby, will be outraged. Her Rage goes up by 3 for this alone. Keep an eye on your rage counter, as you don't want to go up to 12...

It's also a last-ditch resort to save Babyskhan if it looks like mama is going to get KO'd off of the top of the screen.

Back Aerial »»» Tail Whip
Kangaskhan pivots slightly, then puts all her aerial momentum into a heavy tail horizontal tail swing. This turns her around fully, and her tail deals 12% and decent knockback; this isn't as laggy as one would expect. In addition to having good range, if it, by chance, hits Babyskhan along the way, he'll grab onto her tail like a monkey, and when the attack ends, he'll clamber back into her pouch. This is one of your most essential protection tactics; if Babyskhan is being grabbed or is locked in a skirmish, this'll disperse the opponent and retrieve the baby, all at once.

Up Aerial »»» Airtime Flip
Kangaskhan pulls a backwards flip, kicing at foes with her legs and massive tail; this deals 10% and has okay knockback dependant on the angle of the hit. This attack by default causes Kangaskhan to move slightly upwards, about the distance of a directional air dodge; if she hits a foe, she footstools them automatically. How lucky for her.

Down Aerial »»» Freefall
Rather than actually attempting an attack, Kangaskhan simply drops on the foe. She's massive, what more could you ask for? The hitbox comes out quite quickly and is completely indistinguishable from her usual falling pose, except... if he's in the pouch, Babyskhan retracts, taking cover, and if he's not, he simply ducks and cowers, also taking cover. This attack has a long hitbox and is likely to still be ongoing when you hit the ground; if this is the case, Kangaskhan will bury any foes beneath her as she lands. Any contact with her deals 14% and middling knockback depending on the angle of contact.

If Kangaskhan has 2 or 3 Rage, she'll stomp once when she hits the ground, dealing 5% to any foe unlucky enough to be trapped beneath her, but also adding to the lag. If she has 4 or 5, she'll stomp twice, dealing twice 5%... and so on, for an ideal maximum of 35% at 12 Rage. Bear in mind, though, that at full Rage, she's unlikely to obey your commands, and also that this stomping adds a whole lot of wind-down lag. This attack empties out her Rage.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Grab

Grab »»» Clingy
When this attack is used, Kangaskhan does nothing. Babyskhan, however, grabs whoever's in front of him, trying to show who's boss. If he's in the pouch as you use it, he takes a moment to try to escape, giving the grab more range but also more lag. You have full control of Kangaskhan immediately afterward, but since Babyskhan has no throws, you'd better move fast, because they're bound to break out soon and punish your baby for trying to stand up for himself. Kangaskhan has no throws (and no, that is NOT just me being lazy, this fits thematically and mechanically). Back Aerial is one of your better tactics to follow this up, although any quick attack that makes the stage shake will work just fine.

»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»» Super Attack

Uh oh... here comes... GIGA KANGASKHAN!! Kangaskhan whistles and Babyskhan comes running over; she tucks him safely away into the pouch, then becomes SUPER POWERED!!! In addition to having almost doubled attack strength and halved attack lag, any usage of a B attack causes a wave of energy to radiate from her, dealing 15% with okay knockback and such long hitstun that it's easy to follow up for the KO. You stay in this state for fifteen seconds. GENERIC KANGASKHAN!! Dun duuuun!

«««««««««««««««««« Playstyle »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Kangaskhan isn't a complicated character. You have lots of strong attacks, you beat on them - what else is there? What do you want from me?

Okay, okay, let's talk Rage. You're going to be perfectly willing to take some damage here and there, maybe deliberately whiff a dodge or a counterattack - you're very heavy and have a good chance of surviving well into your 100s. You want SOME Rage, you want to bring your counter as close as you can to 12 without quite going there - because once you start losing control, if you're unlucky, you're going to have a tough time regaining it. If you think it's getting too high, empty it out with a devastating brute attack; you've got plenty of those.

Babyskhan taking damage is another way to up your Rage, a much easier way, but you don't want to dabble in that. The little guy is a featherweight, and he has a poor recovery on his own. Try to keep him close by and safe.

Oh, what, you want more about strategy with him? Fine, fine. You have a choice, as Kangaskhan, to be a loving mother or an abusive parent. There are quite a few attacks in Kangaskhan's arsenal that allow Babyskhan to be used as a weapon, be it as a projectile, as a battering item, as a lure, or simply as a static, disjointed hitbox - what you might call (GASP) a trap. Put Babyskhan out there and let the foe get close, then paralyze them with an earth-shaking attack and grab them with the baby. There's your chance to punish and reunite. Send out baby, they start attacking him - you use a Reversal, and suddenly they're facing a Rageful mama. There's your chance to punish and reunite. If pulled off right, this playstyle - Bold Baby, shall we call it? - can pay off hugely, but if not, you're liable to get KO'd well before your time.

If you try to just keep Babyskhan close by at all times, well, good luck to you. Kangaskhan has a ton of powerhouse moves, but without him, they're all, in general, harder to land. You're cutting yourself off from a potential wellspring of success, here! Still, Safe Baby is a good strategy when you're first getting used to keeping Baby alive and manipulating the Rage mechanic.

There comes a time when Kangaskhan gets KO'd. It's bound to happen. Sometimes they'll be able to separate the two of you, and you won't have enough time to pull off a Reversal, and that'll be it, but most of the time, Kangaskhan will be the first to go; the ideal mother, she has no way to save herself but her Up Air, and that's not the greatest option itself. No, then you'll be fighting with poor stats and a limited movepool. As Babyskhan, you're not meant to long outlive your mother - rather, you're to try to prepare them for an easy KO when she respawns. You're a small target, and have access to most of the quicker attacks, along with much more freedom. Now you have a grab; now you can trip them with Baby Poke and actually follow up with a full-fledged powerhouse attack. You'll have to tread carefully, but it's not impossible to actually scrap a lucky KO with the baby alone.

Kangaskhan and Babyskhan are not really a team, despite what the moveset may lead you to believe. Babyskhan is a hitbox that you can move around at will. Unfortunately, it's that hitbox that can be your downfall. You have to protect it, no matter what. You're the gentle goliath watching over this helpless little creature, and you have to be well aware of the cost.

«««««««««««««««««« Extras »»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»

Taunt
Kangaskhan stomps from one foot to the other and growls at the screen. Babyskhan retracts into the pouch or cowers, covering his ears.

Taunt
Babyskhan trips and falls flat on his face. As he rubs his nose, Kangaskhan makes a concerned growling sound.

Taunt
Kangaskhan pulls a Sonic, raising one finger and waggling it back and forth arrogantly. Babyskhan emulates her by pulling the same gesture.

Victory!
Babyskhan is perched on Kangskhan's shoulder. As he rejoices, he tumbles backwards off, but she scoops him out of the air as he begins to fall and tosses him into the pouch; he sulks.

Victory!
Kangaskhan, veins a-bulging, leaps onto the screen and starts jumping up and down in a frenzy. Babyskhan pops suddenly out of her pouch, and she looks somewhat surprised. She immediately calms down.

Victory!
Kangaskhan is bent over slightly in front of her master, Giovanni, who's gently smiling. Babyskhan runs in from the background and right under Giovanni, causing him to fall in an undignified heap. Kangaskhan chuckles.

Loss...
Kangaskhan is bent over, looking morose. Giovanni beside her claps, looking stiff and disappointed. Maybe that's also because Babyskhan is sitting on his foot. What a stickler that guy is.

Victory Theme
The Safari Zone theme, which also happens to be the Fuchsia City theme.

Wizzerd

Smash Ace
Kangaskhan: Very cool moveset! The mechanic doesn't feel forced, and it gives her a quite unique playstyle. This set has plenty of personality too. I love how every attack is a Pokemon attack but you didn't fall prey to the "Pokemon Syndrome": every attack was a fitting one. I have a few minor complaints, though. You seem to have gotten a bit lazy at times with her. You didn't make situationals, which shouldn't be too hard, and I don't really like pseudo-grabs when the effect can usually be relegated to a throw (even though you seem to have anticipated this complaint with "this is NOT me being lazy" comment.) Still, very good job.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Kangaskhan sounds like a great character. The moveset sounded creative and it was fun reading it. I do not thing I a saw any generic move in the set except maybe the UP Air. The baby does not sound to easy to separate in the majority of the moves and sounds helpless by himself. Then again it is a baby. I like the UP Special the most.

O darn I was hoping to place my Oliver moveset as the first post on this page :mad:. Guess I will use it in the next one .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom