• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Water Gun Deal Damage!

Father Kelso

Smash Cadet
I realize this is low on the priority list as far as balancing the game, but I think Water Gun should deal a small amount of damage, similar to Hydro Pump.

This isn't even really about balance to be honest, it's more about the feeling of the attack. Yes it has it's uses for stage control, and more rarely can be used to gimp certain types of recovery, but overall it just feels lackluster. Half the time when I use it, there seems to be a brief moment where my opponent and I just kinda look at each other and shrug before continuing where we left off. It's the attack equivalent of a bottle rocket: a brief moment of excitement, then a slight, lingering feeling of disappointment.

This will not make or break the game in any significant way, as the damage would be fairly small, but I think it would make the attack feel more satisfying to use and make opponents, even if ever so slightly, actually fear it and take a little more action to avoid being hit by it.

Thoughts?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I miss Brawl Squirtle's Water Gun, which when uncharged did actually deal a small bit of damage.

Obviously I wouldn't say no to it being better/being similar to Hydro Pump, but I doubt they'd want to make it distinct from Mario's F.L.U.D.D.

Father Kelso

Smash Cadet
I miss Brawl Squirtle's Water Gun, which when uncharged did actually deal a small bit of damage.

Obviously I wouldn't say no to it being better/being similar to Hydro Pump, but I doubt they'd want to make it distinct from Mario's F.L.U.D.D.
Oh yea, i think it was like Frost Breath or something if you double tapped b super fast. I forgot about that, that would be a cool addition too.

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
Just make F.L.U.D.D. amd Water Gun do like 3% with drop-off for weaker parts so I can at least have a better sense of when I'm actually hitting my opponent with the bulk of the attack.

Top Bottom