• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Sing a Projectile

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
An idea I had to improve Jiggs is to make sing a projectile move. When she sings a little musical note shoots out and puts people to sleep.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
It's not technically possible. Characters can't be given projectiles; they can only have the projectiles they already have be modified.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
It's not technically possible. Characters can't be given projectiles; they can only have the projectiles they already have be modified.
Could they give her someone else's projectile and then modify it?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Could they give her someone else's projectile and then modify it?
Unfortunately, no. Some stuff like Peach's float can be ported to any character (as was the case with Mewtwo's hover), but other odd things like projectiles and (if I recall correctly) command grabs can't. In theory they could make a new Jigglypuff as a clone character using a base character that has a projectile just to make the same exact character but with a projectile, but that's obviously not going to happen. The most they could realistically do with Sing is give it longer range so it's a pseudo-projectile, like PM Ivysaur's Solar Beam or Brawl Minus Ganondorf's Ganondouken.

Last edited:

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
No, I gotta be brutally honesty here Puff doesnt need anything else

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
No, I gotta be brutally honesty here Puff doesnt need anything else
Yes she does. She's not very good in PM. Her skill set in Melee doesn't really work on a lot of the Brawl characters.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
The range has increaesd a bit from Melee but imo maybe just a little more. Make sing ledge cancel viable.

Zekk

Smash Apprentice
Yes she does. She's not very good in PM. Her skill set in Melee doesn't really work on a lot of the Brawl characters.
If you want to give jiggleypuff a projectile just get rid of sing in all and make it something else I dont know Confetti lol

GeZ

Smash Lord
Funny thing I'll let you guys in on, there was a tester build that actually implemented this.

It turned out it was too good and changed Jiggly's game too much. So yeah, the more you know.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Funny thing I'll let you guys in on, there was a tester build that actually implemented this.

It turned out it was too good and changed Jiggly's game too much. So yeah, the more you know.
Maybe they could give her a nerfed version or something. She needs a good approach maybe make rollout jump cancelable.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
What she needs, is better ways to deal with the new and improved recoveries and projectiles. She doesn't need a projectile or some wack new gimmick.

You guys remember what made her good in melee? She just needs those aspects turned up.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
What she needs, is better ways to deal with the new and improved recoveries and projectiles. She doesn't need a projectile or some wack new gimmick.

You guys remember what made her good in melee? She just needs those aspects turned up.
How come there's only a few people that actually know how design and balance works? It's p sad.

#basedez

GeZ

Smash Lord
Improving sing won't help jiggly because it doesn't fit into her game play :p

Read the thing ez posted. It's explanatory and helpful.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
If they made sing come out faster (the sleep range activates faster, like around frame 3 or something) ledge cancel sing would be pretty good. Imo thats all sing needs, we just need to know how to use it.

Last edited:

Sneads

Smash Rookie
I think jiggs needs more rest set ups, I find rest exponentially harder to land in pm then melee, making changes to sing might accomplish just that but you don't have to be a jiggs main to see how that doesn't really fit. I have also taken into account that it might just be the lack of jigglypuff mains for people to learn from that created this stereotype of jiggs being bad. I think the answer is to put actual work into jiggs so that when they nerf the obviously overpowered characters right now she is more viable.

Mizter Ultimaman

Smash Cadet
An idea I had to improve Jiggs is to make sing a projectile move. When she sings a little musical note shoots out and puts people to sleep.
Having Sing be actually useful, combined with Rest, would be waaay too OP. I understanding buffing Jiggs to make her average, but that's just too much.

Fortune

Smash Journeyman
Would be interesting to see what would happen if the sing animation was shortened, while retaining its startup frame. This way you would need a read [such as a tech read] to land sing, but you would still be able to attack after. Sing -> might just be broken in this case, since a sing would basically guarantee a rest. Then again, you can mash out of sleep quickly at lower percents, so it wouldn't be just a better low percent rest setup. I wish I could mod this in to try it out, but I don't have the modding knowledge.

Last edited:

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
How about if the second and third hitbox of Sing were a little bit larger? That'd encourage scoring a late hit, which makes it possible to actually do something to them.

It'd still be a very niche move though, but I think that's for the best. I'd rather not change Puff's playstyle too much, trying to fit a powerful Sing and balance everything else around it would be quite drastic. You just can't have a good Sing and Rest on the same moveset.

themaziest

Smash Cadet
After countless hours of play with Jiggly... I think Sing doesn't fit his overall philosophy. Make it a projectile or make it useful in any way is kind of dumb because it would be a free rest. No, Sing needs to be a taunt (I'm utterly serious), and Jiggly needs a new Up-B that would help to diversify his aerial game without breaking his current playstyle.

Jiggly needs more options to adapt to some very hard matchups, but in no ways she needs a buffed Sing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom