• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make an Alt. Color/Costume tier list!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Pretty much what the thread title says: you're gonna be ranking the alt costumes of each character!
Use this as a reference
The baseline tiers goes as this:
S- Crim of the Crim, top of the line. All are fantastic and inspired
A- These are all pretty good, but not quite S-Tier. These are still inspired, but thier not as creative as the S-Tiers
B- These are good, but you feel as if there are some not so good choices or color combinations in there. These get the job done, but there's just something lacking in the variety.
C- Middle of the road. They're not bad, but they are mostly just simple generic pallete swaps that, while they do take some inspiration from their games, they're just... there. Not the best, but not bad either.
D - These are pretty bad. There's a couple of good colors here, but majority are just dull and uninspired. You much prefer the default.
F- Reserved for the worst. All of their alts suck in one way or another, or they barely differentate from the default. You avoid these alts all together.

While I myself prefer to use the provided icons, if you don't want to do that, then Here's a tier list maker

Alright, here is mine, unordered:
S- :ultinkling::ultpokemontrainer::ultvillager::ultpichu::ultbowserjr::ultjigglypuff::ultike::ultwario::ultpikachu:
A-:ultzss::ultwiifittrainer::ultmario::ultness::ultlucas::ultisabelle::ultlink::ultolimar::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultridley::ultzss::ultshulk::ultmetaknight::ultlittlemac::ultbayonetta:
B-:ultcloud::ultrob::ultpiranha::ultsnake::ultluigi::ultwolf::ultfox::ultduckhunt::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultyoshi::ultsnake::ultryu::ultken::ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultroy::ultlucina:
C-:ultkrool::ultgnw::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultdoc::ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultbowser::ultfalco::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultganondorf::ultincineroar::ultchrom::ultmarth::ulticeclimbers::ultrosalina::ultmewtwo:
D-:ultsonic::ultsheik::ultlucario::ultgreninja:
F-:ultpacman:

I'm not missing anyone, am I?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not a bad list, but I think you should work on tier definitions. A lot of C tier characters like :ultpalutena::ultkrool::ultrichter: are actually full of references, even if the results aren't good.

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
Pretty much what the thread title says: you're gonna be ranking the alt costumes of each character!
Use this as a reference
The baseline tiers goes as this:
S- Crim of the Crim, top of the line. All are fantastic and inspired
A- These are all pretty good, but not quite A-Tier. These are still inspired, but thier not as creative as the S-Tiers
B- These are good, but you feel as if there are some not so good choices or color combinations in there. These get the job done, but there's just something lacking in the variety.
C- Middle of the road. They're not bad, but they are mostly just simple generic pallete swaps that don't really take inspiration from their games. They're just... there.
D - These are pretty bad. There's a couple of good colors here, but majority are just dull and uninspired. You much prefer the default.
F- Reserved for the worst. All of their alts suck in one way or another, or they barely differentate from the default. You avoid these alts all together.

While I myself prefer to use the provided icons, if you don't want to do that, then Here's a tier list maker

Alright, here is mine, unordered:
S- :ultinkling::ultpokemontrainer::ultvillager::ultpichu::ultbowserjr::ultjigglypuff::ultike::ultwario:
A-:ultzss::ultwiifittrainer::ultmario::ultness::ultlucas::ultisabelle::ultlink::ultolimar::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultridley::ultzss::ultshulk::ultmetaknight::ultlittlemac::ultbayonetta:
B-:ultcloud::ultrob::ultpiranha::ultsnake::ultluigi::ultwolf::ultfox::ultduckhunt::ultyounglink::ulttoonlink::ultzelda::ultmetaknight::ultmegaman::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultyoshi::ultsnake::ultryu::ultken::ultkingdedede::ultkirby::ultroy::ultlucina:
C-:ultkrool::ultgnw::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultdoc::ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdk::ultbowser::ultfalco::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultganondorf::ultincineroar::ultchrom::ultmarth::ulticeclimbers::ultrosalina::ultmewtwo:
D-:ultsonic::ultsheik::ultlucario::ultgreninja:
F-:ultpacman:

I'm not missing anyone, am I?
Oh, I thought we were ranking the actual alts seperately.
In fact, I'll be ranking them based on their best alts rather than the full altpool

Ultomato

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW 1995 0060 1138
S-
:ultludwig:
:ultduckhunt:(Dalmatiër)
:ultinkling:(Anyone that Lets me turn my enemies pink honestly)
:ultlink:(Fierce Deity)
:ultlittlemac:(Wireframe)
:ultmario:(Builder Maro)
:ultridley:(MF Meta Ridley)
:ultsnake:(Leopard Skinsuit)
:ultzss:(Don't @ me)
A-
:ultdarksamus:(Her Metroid Prime colouration is An awesome reference without being too spoilery and I love it. Most of her other costumes look amazing too)
:ultgreninja:(I don't care what people say, I love it when Shiny Pokémon are in the game)
:ulticeclimbers:(The play-as-nana alt)
:ultincineroar:(Again, Shiny)
:ultlucario:(Sine Bright like a Diamond)
:ultmetaknight:(Galacta Knight)
:ultpacman:(Lmao oven mitts)
:ultpichu:(Swimmer goggles/low key Pokémon Ranger reference)
:ultpiranha:(I am An enormous sucker for a good Blue-Yellow alt)
:ultpokemontrainerf:(Lets go gen 3)
:ultrobin:(Grima the White Mage)
:ultsamus:(Stormtrooper Samus)
B-
:ultbayonetta1:(Don't know Bayo too well. I like the Jeane alt best)
:ultbowser:(Blue alt. Cool nod but nothing too creative)
:ultfalcon:(Don't know F-Zero too well but his swaps are pretty well made. An a fan of the retro design)
:ultcorrinf:(Orange)
:ultdoc:(I can't do this all om my own, no I'm no... I'm no superman!)
:ultganondorf:(Smurf Ganon! Smurf Ganon!)
:ultike:(Sigurd is pretty good)
:ultisabelle:(Her winter outfit is Just really cute)
:ultjigglypuff:(Bug Catcher Jiggles)
:ultkrool:(Imprisoned Krool)
:ultlucina:(Tiki)
:ultluigi:(Blue Loogi)
:ultmarth:(Leif)
:ultolimar:(Charlie)
:ultpalutena:(Her red dress Just looks good, Ok!
:ultpeach:(Fireballs)
:ultpikachu:(HGSS cap)
:ultwario:(Still mad they removed his captains hat)
:ultyoshi:(Tennisball)
:ultyounglink:(Best of the Dark Links)
C-
:ultchrom:(FE alts never quite catch the character they want to simulate but I like playing as Owain)
:ultcloud:
:ultdk:(White Kong is super basic but he Just looks good!)
:ultfox:
:ultlucas:(Ginger Lucas, I guess)
:ultmegaman:(Elec Man)
:ultmewtwo:(Subpar Shadow Mewtwo)
:ultgnw:(Cyan boi)
:ultness:(Scouting Ness, I guess)
:ultpit:(Edgy Pit)
:ultrichter:(Green boy)
:ultrob:(Golden boy)
:ultroy:(Zephiel)
:ultwolf:(Orange)
D-
:ultdaisy:(Most of these "nods" are way too obscure. The black dress is well designed but I'am not a fan of the Maid shtick)
:ultdarkpit:(The Magnus skin looks good but I didn't recognise it as Magnus)
:ultdiddy:(His Dixie looks horrible but I'll take it)
:ultfalco:(The Black bird is cool, I guess)
:ultken:
:ultkirby:(No-mask)
:ultrosalina:(Toothpaste dress)
:ultryu:
:ultsheik:(White)
:ulttoonlink:
:ultwiifittrainer:
:ultzelda:(Hilda)
E-
:ultkingdedede:(They're all ugly)
:ultshulk:(None is more appealing than his standard form)
:ultsimon:(They all look the same to me)
:ultsonic:
:ultvillager:(Besides the standards they all Just Creep me the **** out)

SUfan

Smash Rookie
Is that only because of his Big the Cat alt? ;p
I actually love all of them, but the Big the Cat Alt especially. Probably my Favorite Alt in General alongside Animal Skin Snake and Twilight Link.

Top Bottom