• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make A Teaser!

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Joker's reveal at the game awards introduced the concept of teasers to the world of smash, so my challenge for you is to create your own teaser in a similar vein to that of Joker's. The character can be on your predictions or your most wanted.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Mario and Link are seen fighting, that goes on for about 15 seconds. After one beats the other, it swaps to the Scribblenauts artstyle. It turns out Maxwell summoned the two to see who would win in a fight. After a second, an exclamation mark appears above his head. He get's out his notebook and applies an adjective to himself.

"PLAYABLE"

D

Deleted member

Reposting this from the discussion thread
The screen starts pitch black, the ticking of a clock is heard. We see a pendulum in the screen going from one side to another, it then cuts to a clock, working normally, in a desolate land. A letter sealed with the Smash logo is seen being blown by the wind but then it suddenly stops in place as the clock rings and as both of the clock hands reach the top. The clock then starts moving backwards, with the ticking being reversed, the letter goes back to where it was and the reversal gets proggressively faster, with the clock hands moving so fast they're spinning. The letter gets itself stuck in one of the hands of the clock and time goes back to normal, the landscape is now a green forest with birds singing and light shining the clock brightly.

A hand reaches out for the letter and takes it out of the clock. A red spiky haired boy opens the letter, it then cuts to his face, his eyes obscured, but a smile can be seen in his face.
He turns backwards and sees a portal open behind him, Smash fighters popping out of it. He readies his katana and takes a step towards them as lightning starts to surround him. He takes a battle stance and dashes towards the camera, ending the trailer.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Here's my example

The teaser starts out pitch black, there is nothing but a moon in the background, then, White text appears saying...

"Don't you think it's kinda strange?"

"How sometimes you wake up, you know you had a dream, but you can't remember it."

"Where do you suppose those dreams go?"

"But there's one dream i remember very clearly, as if it was happening right now."

all of this happening while a mysterious envelope is slowly falling to the ground, note how we never see the front of it.

The envelope gently lands down onto the ground, in the middle of a forest.

In the background we can see a long eared dog like figure examining the fallen letter from a distance.

He walks up to it, picks it up and takes the seal off of the letter, all with the camera focused on the ground the letter fell down to.

The camera then shifts to the one who picked up the letter's legs, slowly moving up to his torso, and finally to his head.

This figure is revealed to be Klonoa, with a cheerful grin on his face, Klonoa jumps for joy as he does his trademark "Wahoo!"in sync to the opening to Door To Phantomile

"CHALLENGER PACK 2"

"KLONOA"

"SUPER SMASH BROS ULTIMATE X KLONOA"

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
The teaser starts with several interface menus popping up and scrolling very quickly. You can hear Kira Buckland and Kyle McCarley talking from offscreen.

"Are you recording this?"
"Of course, ma'am. It's basic protocol."
"Please stop calling me that."
"Oh. S-sorry, 2B."
"It's fine, 9S. Did you figure out where that letter came from?"
"Not yet."
"..."
"It doesn't appear to have any viruses. Maybe I could take a peak and..."
"You're going to open it?!"
"I know it's a little risky, but hey, it's not like we use this mail for anything else anymore, right?"
"..."
"er, 2B?"
"Fine. Open it."
"w-what?"
"Just do it."
"Alright, then..."

Another screen pops up. This time it's a .png of a Smash Letter, similar to the one Villager, Isabelle, and Joker recieved, only this one was "From: Sora Ltd. To: Yorha Unit No 2, Type B" written on the corner in small binary print. The theme to Copied City kicks in.

"Wait, I recognize that insignia!"
"You do?"
"Yeah, from old programs that I've stumbled across several times when researching the Old World. Must've been really important."
"Well? What does the letter say?"
"..."
"Nines?"
"It's for you."

The windows all close abruptly, and it cuts to 2B overlooking the city from a cliffside. She jumps off the cliffside and grabs hold of Pod 042 mid-jump to gracefully float down the cliffside and out of camera view. Hard cut to...

CHALLENGER PACK [tbd]

2B

SUPER SMASH BROS X NIER: AUTOMATA

Trailer starts with a first-person perspective of someone limbing forward in an old, abandoned castle as a narrator drones on ominously. War Drums can be faintly heard thundering in the background, but get louder as the trailer progresses.

"Long ago, the world lived in fear of the Twin Swords..."

As soon as the narrator finishes his sentence, the panning shots are interrupted for a split second by a hard cut of two swordsmen (you can barely make out their silloettes as Ike and Cloud) clashing blades as lightning flashes. The narration then immediately continues, only now the first-person perspective is a lot smoother, and is focusing on the unconsious bodies of various playable Super Smash Bros (Piranha Plant, Joker, and any other DLC character are all noticably absent from the trailer) along the ground.

"One brought order, at a terrible price..."

As soon as the narrator finishes his sentence, the panning shots are again interrupted for a split second. This time, it's a slow-mo of black silhouettes against a white background; it appears to be of a possessed Simon Belmont slashing at Pit with a giant sword (that looks nothing like any of the swords in the Castlevania games). This shot is emphasized with Pit yelling, which is interrupted as the screen hard-cuts to black and the drums stop in sync.

"But the other..."

Slowly fade in and slowly zoom to a shot with a scary-looking sword with an eyeball at the hilt that's been lodged into the floor. The majority of the unconsious fighters seem to be concentrated near the sword. The eye is staring directly at the viewer. A blue, clawed hand reaches from the first-person perspective and violently rips the sword out of the floor. The camera then quick cuts to the scene from a distance and dynamically zooms in on Nightmare from SoulCalibur with Soul Edge in hand as he shouts "The Nightmare Will Devour Your Soul!" towards the camera.

Hard cut to black. The narrator chuckles ominously.

"...is an entirely different story."

CHALLENGER PACK [tbd]

NIGHTMARE

SUPER SMASH BROS X SOULCALIBUR

Trailer starts with the camera pointed down at a sidewalk and moving backward, with "Stayin' Alive" by the Bee Gees playing. It slowly pans up, and we see four people in mascot outfits (of Mario, Ken, Incineroar and PS1 polygon Cloud) dance-walking in tune to the song (but not in sync with eachother) and it's in time square at night. (There are a few freeze-frame easter eggs in this shot. There's a poster of King from Tekken 7 plastered over a GameStop the mascots pass by. They also pass by a newspaper stand, where one of the headlines is "[insert deconfirmed character here] found dead in Miami." Far away on the Times Square jumbotron, you can see the Leffen Vs. Chillin fight play out, specifically the first match where they fought on N64 Dream Land. Finally, the mascots pass by a back alley where you can very briefly notice that someone has put up a splatoon poster and then spray-painted "A COMMUNICATION ERROR OCCURED" over it in big, blood-red print) This is then interrupted by someone off-screen shouting "OI!" at the fighters. The music abruptly cuts as the fighters stop and all turn in the direction of where the voice is coming from.

Cut to the other side of the street, where someone dressed in what is probably the worst (like, so-bad-it's-funny) cosplay of King from Tekken you could imagine is pointing at the four and not saying anything. He then turns it into a thumbs-down gesture and shakes his head in disapproval.

Hard cut to all five in the middle of the street with the music immediately picking up where it left off. It's frequent cuts of the King cosplaying 1v4ing the mascot characters and winning, with occasional cuts to onlookers gawking at the fight and laughing at it.

CHALLENGER PACK [tbd]

KING

SUPER SMASH BROS X TEKKEN (Music fades out at this point)

Cut back to the scene. the four mascot fighters are laying on the ground face-up with cartoony "dizzy stars" swirling around the mascot heads. In the background you can see the onlookers slowly walk away from the scene out of boredom. The King cosplayer is looking around himself, silently confused as to why everyone is walking away.

Last edited:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I think the best framing device for mine would be if Skyrim Switch announced a feature where you could scan an amiibo of certain characters (Ridley, Charizard) and get to fight them as a bonus boss. Otherwise, just a standard dragon scene.

All shown in standard gameplay from first person.

They have a trailer showcasing the Dragonborn fighting a giant dragon in an epic fight. It ends with a decently awesome cinematic kill, and then the Dragonborn absorbs the dragon soul. He starts heading back to a town.

The courier runs up and gives his standard “I have a letter for you.” As he runs off, we go into inventory to see “Letter from a Friend” as an item. So far, it’s all playing out as if you use a Shout in a town. The game allows for free rotation of items in inventory, but we’re looking at the letter from the back.

The letter opens to reveal:

Dovahkiin,
You caused a bit of a stir in Whiterun when you demonstrated the power of your Thu’um. Not everyone is anxious for the return of the Dragonborn.

I for one desire to see you I for one desire to see you grow and develop your talents. Skyrim needs a true hero these days.

Come show us what you’re really capable of.

A familiar seal, then:

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

x

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The letter closes back up, and we now see the seal on the front properly.

D

Deleted member

I think the best framing device for mine would be if Skyrim Switch announced a feature where you could scan an amiibo of certain characters (Ridley, Charizard) and get to fight them as a bonus boss. Otherwise, just a standard dragon scene.

All shown in standard gameplay from first person.

They have a trailer showcasing the Dragonborn fighting a giant dragon in an epic fight. It ends with a decently awesome cinematic kill, and then the Dragonborn absorbs the dragon soul. He starts heading back to a town.

The courier runs up and gives his standard “I have a letter for you.” As he runs off, we go into inventory to see “Letter from a Friend” as an item. So far, it’s all playing out as if you use a Shout in a town. The game allows for free rotation of items in inventory, but we’re looking at the letter from the back.

The letter opens to reveal:

Dovahkiin,
You caused a bit of a stir in Whiterun when you demonstrated the power of your Thu’um. Not everyone is anxious for the return of the Dragonborn.

I for one desire to see you I for one desire to see you grow and develop your talents. Skyrim needs a true hero these days.

Come show us what you’re really capable of.

A familiar seal, then:

Super Smash Bros Ultimate

x

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
The letter closes back up, and we now see the seal on the front properly.
15a366c8-8458-4a5c-a6c9-4456937c8187.jpg

He should go fight Rathalos after receiving the letter tbh

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Recreation of the first 17 seconds of this video:

• Text instead reads "To the King of Fighters participants: you've received an invitation for another fighting tournament."
  • Letter shown has the Smash logo on it instead.
  • Someone wearing a black glove grabs the letter while this song starts to play and burns the letter using his hand.
  • "IKUZE!"
Smash Bros x King of Fighters

Robin Lucina

Smash Apprentice
Err, that's not particularly necessary. The Smash Bros x Game thing really only is applied to 3rd parties.
Oh.....Sorry. I wanted Fe characters, so...
I will find 3rd party characters then.

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
Trailer opens on a sunset drenched island that seems familiar. A message in a bottle floats ashore and stop on a pair of familiar shoes.

The character turns the bottle around, we don't see its content, but the character does, and sees it as a call to action. He runs away, dropping the bottle behind. The note inside has the Smash Brothers seal.

Cut to CG of many warriors of light (Cloud, Link, Mario, Kirby etc.), doing battle with the forces of darkness. Just as all hope is lost, we see a blinking light, which turns into a familiar weapon; it's the keyblade.

Our character makes a super hero landing in front of the battle weary heroes of light. While pointing at the forces of darkness with his Keyblade, we finally see the reveal of Sora's face as he proclaims "there is no world order that will prevent me from stopping the darkness!"

Sora's splash screen appears...

"SORA UNLOCKS THE KEY TO BATTLE!"

We see Sora fighting using classic techniques from the KH series, with narration from Kairi and Riku.

Kairi; All these warriors, they are just like Sora, fighters from other worlds set on preserving the light!

Riku; And I can't let Sora and his new friends have all the fun!

*footage of Riku as an assist trophy appears on screen

Sora; Riku! You came too!

Riku; Heh, this world is not unlike any other world you have visited, you will need my help!

Sora; As long as I have my keyblade in hand and light in my heart, no challenge will ever be enough for me!

*Cuts to Sora's final smash

The Super Smash Bros Ultimate Logo appears on screen...followed by the X Kingdom Hearts

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
Rosalina, DeDeDe and Pikachu are fighting on the mario galaxy stage.

Curiously, Pikachu notices an apple stuck to the ground.

The fighting stops, as the fighters realize more random things are seemingly attached to the floor, a chair, a dog and even a car

they then realize they are moving.

They hear a strange record scratch sound from above: "Well, Well, Well! Seems like they started the party without us, yes?"

The look up, they see him.

THE KING OF ALL COSMOS ROLLS IN!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
It starts out as a Minecraft Switch update overview trailer regarding certain updates to the the Switch version...

Then it shows footage of Steve walking around the overworld stumbling across a mysterious firey portal
After much reluctance, he jumps into it, the camera zooms out, revealing that the portal was in the shape of the Smash logo, basically like the one seen in Inkling's trailer

"CHALLENGER PACK 2"
"STEVE FROM MINECRAFT"

Then the Smash Ultimate title shows up, with an "X Minecraft" added to it
Something kinda like this
ssbuxm.png

Last edited:

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
I just came up with an emotional one...

*soft piano music plays, echoes of a familiar voice are heard.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president..."

*black and white footage of Super Smash Bros 64 is seen

"In my mind, I am a game developer..."

*black and white footage of Melee is seen

"But in my heart..."

*black and white footage of Brawl is seen

"...I am a gamer"

*black and white footage of Smash 4 is seen

*As we see black and white footage of Ultimate, the mysterious man enters the fountain of dreams stage, holding the banana item. As he walks, everything regains its colors. The camera pans up to reveal the man's face, and we are hit with the splash screen

"Mr. Iwata Directly Enters the Brawl!"

*But instead of footage of him fighting, characters like Mario, Kirby, Pikachu and Ness stare at him with deep respect. Mr. Iwata smiles, and does his taunt... the two handed "direct" gesture.

*Trailer ends with the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate logo, but the sound effects are muted

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Opens with Mario and Sonic fighting, but something slams in between them. It quickly cuts to Sonic, who runs away, and then to Mario, who looks afraid of the competition. The fighter is revealed... Crash Bandicoot! Once again, no gameplay footage, but there could be dialogue from other characters from the series, like with Joker's trailer. "Curses, how am I supposed to take down that bandicoot when he's surrounded by all of these other freaks?" Cortex could say (perhaps the level could be Cortex's Airship, and Cortex appears as a stage boss). "Don't worry Crash, Sheik might be skilled, but I will assist you, with my help, they won't be able to take you out!" Aku Aku assures the new fighter. "Go Crash! Show them who's the real champ!" Coco cheers. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate x Crash Bandicoot.
However, if they wanted to do the "surprise, it's Smash!" thing like Joker's trailer, they could show gameplay from Crash Bandicoot 3, with the fight against Dingodile coming to an end. "Ya thrashed me mate, no worries, but you'll soon be up against much worse..." Crash looks up to the sky, where you see King K. Rool coming down with his propeller alongside Ridley who's flying down and Dark Samus floating down, charging up an attack.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
The trailer starts with a small black and white cat in a yellow hoodie clashing swords with a man in a red coat. The battle seems evenly matched until the cat gets the upper hand and defeats the latter, who then gets up and nurses the blow he received.

“That was a good match. You’ve learned well,” said the cat.

“Grr...I appreciate the compliment, Master, but that was kind of a low blow for you at the end,” said the red-coated man.

“...maybe not well enough, then. By the way, I found something on the way here...had your name on it and everything.”

“Something for me? What is it?”

The cat gave the man a knowing smile.

“You’ll see,” he said.

He rummaged through his pocket and got out an envelope of which, true enough, had the man’s name on it. The man took the envelope and turned it before gaining a shocked look on his face.

“Master...do you have any idea what this is?!”

“I know I do, but do you?”

The camera cuts to the envelope, which shows a familiar cross insignia on a wax seal. The man had a look of annoyance on his face. It reminded him of the time he fought against kids who commanded gods, people who fought in the night and teenage girls with weapons that were also guns for some phony tournament.

“If you wanna get stronger, I feel like this is the right place to be for ya. Think you’re up for the challenge?”

After weighing his options for a bit, the man nodded and got a confident look on his face.

“If they want me to be a part of Smash Bros...then I’ll beat down on all of them!”

As he says that last line, he flares with dark energy in anticipation for the challengers approaching.

Challenger Pack [Insert Number Here]: RAGNA THE BLOODEDGE!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X BlazBlue

Cuts to the trademarks, which show ‘Arc System Works’ lister after Atlus.

NOTE: It’s been a while since I played a BlazBlue game, so I may have butchered Jubei and Ragna’s personalities and interactions a bit.

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
Even though this is never gonna happen, i'm gonna do it anyway.

We start out with the intro cinematic to world of light as a means to trick everyone.

Everything is the same, but after Kirby warps away...

We then zoom out and pan over to a destroyed city. Where two girls, one short, the other tall, are walking while eating sweet potatoes.

A beam is fast approaching them, they turn around and in a bizarre turn of events... the short one GRABS the beam and snaps it in half!

"Well, that was unexpected." the short one says.

"Do you think this is Take's doing?" the tall one says.

"No, this doesn't feel like Take at all."

"I have a feeling, that we might be dealing with something bigger than them."

They turn around and see a bunch of Puppet fighters... ready to battle them.

"Hey, Pipimi-Chan?"

"Yeah?"

"Ya, think we can take these guys on?"

"Is that even a question?"

The two of them charge into battle.

CHALLENGER PACK ??
Popuko and Pipimi... from Pop Team Epic!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Even though this is never gonna happen, i'm gonna do it anyway.

We start out with the intro cinematic to world of light as a means to trick everyone.

Everything is the same, but after Kirby warps away...

We then zoom out and pan over to a destroyed city. Where two girls, one short, the other tall, are walking while eating sweet potatoes.

A beam is fast approaching them, they turn around and in a bizarre turn of events... the short one GRABS the beam and snaps it in half!

"Well, that was unexpected." the short one says.

"Do you think this is Take's doing?" the tall one says.

"No, this doesn't feel like Take at all."

"I have a feeling, that we might be dealing with something bigger than them."

They turn around and see a bunch of Puppet fighters... ready to battle them.

"Hey, Pipimi-Chan?"

"Yeah?"

"Ya, think we can take these guys on?"

"Is that even a question?"

The two of them charge into battle.

CHALLENGER PACK ??
Popuko and Pipimi... from Pop Team Epic!
If there's a second season you just know they're going to do this as a gag and I for one can't wait.

D

Deleted member

The trailer starts with a battle between Mario, Sonic, Mega Man, PAC-MAN, and Simon. It is animated in a similar style to this.

They battle, but in the middle of the battle, we see that there's something rustling in the bushes. The fighters stop to see what is going on.

We hear a girl's voice: "Oh, come on! Just GO!"

And another voice, which seems to belong to an older girl: "Okay, fine! I'm going, Blythe!"

Suddenly, a purple-furred dog (who the second voice belonged to) jumps out of the bushes.

When she lands on the ground, she strikes a pose and says: "Let's do this, boys!"

The screen fades to white.

CHALLENGER PACK ??
Zoe Trent ... from Littlest Pet Shop!

D

Deleted member

After "Jet Set Radio 3" is announced, Beat is in their hide out, and he sees on the wall a Grafted Smash Invitation with the official stamp that was on both Villagers and Isabelle's invitation... but we don't see it yet, he just has an open mouth, and skates away as we finally see what was on the wall.

(of course this is just wishful thinking cause I want Beat in Smash)

Marmotbro

Smash Apprentice
After "Jet Set Radio 3" is announced, Beat is in their hide out, and he sees on the wall a Grafted Smash Invitation with the official stamp that was on both Villagers and Isabelle's invitation... but we don't see it yet, he just has an open mouth, and skates away as we finally see what was on the wall.

(of course this is just wishful thinking cause I want Beat in Smash)
****. Beat would be great in smash. Plus JSR music in smash bros. Wew that is a good choice.

D

Deleted member

****. Beat would be great in smash. Plus JSR music in smash bros. Wew that is a good choice.
I know right, he would be VERY unique from the other fighters, And I really want him.

if we don't get JSR Music, at least we got Persona 5s

I been wanting Beat since Brawl, it just that I haven't been vocal about it since I felt awkward even trying to mention him in Smash.
I just hope one day that Beat will do as my avatar says
BEATS HIS MEAT! Make his mark

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
*Fades into some mysterious woods*

We see two shadowed figures fighting in the woods. The camera sits still while we see the figures fight.

The camera cuts to one of the figures blocking attacks from the other one. The camera then cuts the other shadowed figure who continues to pressure his opponent. The camera cuts the other figure who pushes itself away from the opponent but before he can do anything, a whip is seen and it grabs the wrist.

After that, a famous clip is heard:

"GET OVER HERE"

Scorpion is revealed to be one of shadowed figures in this shot. Scorpion then pulls the whip back to him alongside the opponent, but the opponent uses it as an approaching method and uses it to kick Scorpion. After the opponent lands, Scorpion sets his whip ablaze and whips it to set the opponent on fire. The opponent however, unsheathes his sword to split the fire right down the middle. Due to the fire, we are able to see the identity of the opponent while he approaches Scorpion.

Ryu Hayabusa.

Before Scorpion and Hayabusa continue their fight, two ninja stars land next to them with tiny red scarfs. The camera cuts to Hayabusa looking at them. Curious, Hayabusa looks at them while Scorpion holds his guard. Hayabusa, from a close up, looks at the scarf, revealing the Smash logo. Hayabusa gives Scorpion the other ninja star and he also notices it. Perplexed, both Hayabusa and Scorpion look at the forest, only to see a mysterious figure holding on from a tree, looking at them both. The figures jumps and vanishes (it's Shiek just completely covered in black).

Hayabusa and Scorpion then proceed to leap to the camera, putting it in black almost immediately.

*Coming 2019...*

Cue the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate logo appearing, ending the reveal/teaser.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Trailer begins with a large real-life book that opens up. The camera zooms in on the open pages and shows a story.

"Once upon a time in a magical place called the World of Light, there were two siblings named Popo and Nana. They lived without a care under the watchful eye of the wise Master Hand."

With this sentence shown, there is a picture of Popo and Nana hopping up an icy mountain with Master Hand in the background.

"One day, the Master Hand informed the two siblings of a new challenger on a mysterious island uncharted at the time, and that two amazing heroes resided there. They were instructed to ride a boat with the Kapp'n and go to that island and see what wondrous discoveries can be made."

The picture then changes to Master Hand speaking to the intrigued Ice Climbers near the shoreline in the World of Light, with the Kapp'n on his boat in the background.

"After a long journey, the two finally arrived on the island, and are ready for a large adventure. They scoured the island and found many strange occurrences: living vegetables, a giant slime man and a woman who was also a dirigible to name a few."

The picture shows the two Ice Climbers were looking around the island they were walking on, marveling the aforementioned residents of the island.

"But amidst their bizarre journey, they found the strangest of them all: two little boys with odd hats. 'Oh wow,' exclaimed Nana, 'they must be the heroes Master Hand told us about!'"

The picture shows Nana talking to Popo and pointing at two silhouettes with rods poking out of their heads.

"They walked up to the two boys and found that they weren't wearing hats, but that their heads were in the shape of cups, complete with straws sticking out of them! The boy in red walked up to the two Ice Climbers. 'Howdy, folks,' he said. 'What brings you to our home?'"

The picture shows a shocked Popo and Nana jumping into the air as the tops of two cup-headed individuals with color-coded straws were shown from the bottom of said picture.

"'We heard of how you saved this island at one point,' said Nana, 'And we wanted to give you this for your efforts." The two boys then received a peculiar letter with a red wax seal on it. When the boys looked at it, they found a strange-looking cross on it...but it was one that they recognized!"

The picture shows the nervous Ice Climbers handing out a Smash envelope towards the camera.

"'Oh boy!' shouted the boy in red. 'We're gonna go on another adventure!' shouted the boy in blue. 'We'd love to go!' they shouted together. And with that, they went off to tell everyone on the island of their new and exciting adventure. The only thing on these boys' minds was this: they were gonna have a Smashing good time..."

The picture then shows Cuphead and Mugman, both excited for this new development, running off to tell the inhabitants of Inkwell Isle, with Mugman holding the Smash letter in his hands, leaving the two perplexed Ice Climbers behind. The camera fades out, then back in to a black background with white ornate decorations, an old cartoon title card, showing the words:

Cuphead and Mugman in: 'A Smashing Good Time!' by Masahiro Sakurai and Studio MDHR Corp.

The camera then cuts to a different black background that does the title animation for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate before said title is pushed to the side in a cartoony manner to say: 'Super Smash Bros. Ultimate X Cuphead'.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Taking this from the Elma thread:
as promised here's my Elma "teaser" a la Joker with one, no, TWO extra things

ok now im done, i accidentally posted before i was ready
Rated E10+ to T.

"It's this planet. There's something about this planet..."

This song starts playing as panoramic footage of all five continents shows, plus a...sixth continent that looks like it's made of dark matter? At 0:27, this text is shown:

Experience one of the greatest immersive adventures on the Wii U, like never before!

Gameplay footage is shown, much of which is just like its Wii U counterpart, but with exploration and combat on the Dark Matter continent, plus some new Skells.

Now with a new region to explore, new Skells, and much more!

Song cuts to 1:44 as story footage from the vanilla game is shown, plus new never before seen bosses like the Neilnails and the new Level 100 Tyrant: Yggralith, the All-Devouring.

Uncover more of Mira's great mysteries, and defend humanity from greater alien threats!

Song is now at 2:09 as it shows off (idk some Amiibo functionality? Cameos from other Nintendo games?) and ends with the cloaked figure from the post credits scene starting to take off his cape.

This story never truly ends...

The music stops as the following appears on screen:

Xenoblade Chronicles X Ultimate
Coming June 12, 2019

A few seconds pass, and the screen flickers as if TV static, and fades to the conference room in BLADE Tower as this starts playing. Lin, Nagi, Maurice, and Vandham are standing in the room when the sound of a transmission comes in in the middle of a discussion.

"What is that?" Lin asks.

"Put them through," Maurice says. Nagi obliges, and on the screen is Master Hand.

"Greetings! I am Master Hand, and I heard that BLADE has several promising fighters!"

As they continue talking, fill in whatever you want, the camera shows a pair of familiar red greaves walking down a hallway. It pans up to show a familiar silver haired colonel from behind. She listens in when she's close to the room.

"...So, is anyone in New LA willing to join the ranks of Smash?"

There's a brief silence as the music fades out, and then a female voice says, "Fortune favors the bold."

Elma steps in as that song starts playing and she continues, "It's a brave new world out there. I've been meaning to show off my skills, and broaden my horizons. Maybe I'll find some other survivors there."

"Elma, are you sure?" Lin asks.

"I am," Elma confirms. "Master Hand, was it? Send your best out by the West Gate. I want to prove my worth as a viable candidate."

Scene cuts to the West Gate, where Elma sees :ultshulk::ultcloud::ultlink::ultsnake::ultrosalina::ultchrom::ultlucina::ultcorrinf::ultwolf::ultfalcon::ultincineroar::ultzss: standing before her.

"Heh...they really did crank up the difficulty this time." She opens with Sliding Slinger, then uses Shadowstrike on Incineroar and Stream Edge on Shulk.

"That put a dent in them. Time to move in and keep the rhythm going!"

Just then, an unfamiliar figure leaps into the air above her. The figure is revealed to be a blonde cyborg female about Shulk's age.

"I'm gonna go all out!"

Uncontrollable cuts to the chorus as the following text appears:

Challenger Pack 2: Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X

And after a few seconds...

And her Echo Fighter, Mecha-Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles!

cue the Smash Bros. Ultimate logo as the music fades out

and yes June 12th is my birthday

Grie

Smash Apprentice
The trailer starts on a beach. As the water pulls back to the ocean, a bottle with a letter inside washes up. A boy picks it up and reads the letter. Its from a friend and he needs is help. The message ends with is name, Cloud. As the boy finishes to read the letter, a door of light appears out of knowere. The boy stands up and says **don’t worry, I’m coming!** and the boy jumpes in, keyblade in hand. The words then comme on the screen (fighter 72, Sora). But the trailer isn’t over. As a familial theme starts playing, a man in a black coat follows Sora in the door and arrives in a wasteland, on top of a cliff. There he sees Sora getting beaten down by a dark version of Marth and Lucina. The figure pulls back is hood, pulls out oblivion and oathkeeper and jumps in. It goes back to the fighter number and Sora’s name begins to shake. A flash of light reveals the new fighter (72e, Roxas).

Top Bottom