• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make a roster for the hypothetical "Smash Reboot" that was considered!

D

Deleted member

It was mentioned recently that if a large overhaul was done, the roster would likely end up 1/3 the size. If such a thing happened, what do you think would said roster look like? Assume the game would release maybe late 2019. Here is my take on a hypothetical roster:

Marioverse:
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultdk::ultdiddy:

Zelda:
:ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:

Metroid:
:ultsamus::ultridley:

Kirby:
:ultkirby::ultmetaknight:

Star Fox:
:ultfox:

Pokemon:
:ultpikachu::4charizard::ultmewtwo::ultlucario:Gen 8 Pokemon

MOTHER:
:ultness:

Fire Emblem:
:ultmarth:3H Char

Kid Icarus:
:ultpit:

Xenoblade:
Rex & Pyra

Currently Single Series:
:ultfalcon::ultolimar::ultvillager::ultinkling:

Alts/Echoes:
:ultdoc::ultdaisy::ultfalco::ultlucina:Octoling Mythra (part of R&P)

Total: 30 + 6 Echoes

A little above 1/3 (I predict SSBU's roster would be like ~75 total), but this was just for fun, although it does make me wonder if something like this is what will happen for Smash 6....

Last edited by a moderator:

ChocolatGelgato

Smash Journeyman
Mario = Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, DK, Krool, Wario
Zelda = Link, Zelda, Shiek, Ganondorf
Pokemon = Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Sumo mon
Kirby = Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede
Fire Emblem = Marth, Robin, New character/Corrin
Metroid = Samus, Ridley
Other = Game and Watch, Olimar, Captain Falcon, Ness, Elma, Inkling, Fox
3rd party = Sonic, Pac Man, Simon Belmont

Slightly over 30, but I guess the guest characters can be seen as bonuses, with only around 30 characters total, there's surprisngly little room for anyone new, as there are so many characters that would be sorely missed if taken out

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Super Mario Bros.
Mario
Bowser

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong
King K. Rool

The Legend of Zelda
Link
Ganondorf

Metroid
Samus Aran
Ridley

Kirby
Kirby
King Dedede or Meta Knight

Star Fox
Fox McCloud
Wolf O'Donnell

Pokémon
Pikachu or Pokémon Trainer
Mewtwo or Team Rocket

F-Zero
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh or Black Shadow

Mother
Ness
Giygus or Porky Minch

Fire Emblem
Marth
Medeus

Kid Icarus
Pit
Medusa or Hades

Pikmin
Olimar
Plasm Wraith

Animal Crossing
Villager

Splatoon
Inkling
DJ Octavio

This would be 27 characters, although it'd technically be 31 characters, since Pokémon Trainer (PT) and Team Rocket (TR) would count as one with two additional Pokémon. In order to retain Pikachu and Mewtwo, I though PT could have Pikachu on his/her team, while Team Rocket could have Mewtwo. Four other Pokémon could be added. If it was just Pikachu and Mewtwo, then the roster would remain as 27 characters. I'm not familiar with Pikmin. I don't know who Plasm Wraith is or how it fights, but I wanted to have a villain. Animal Crossing lacks villains, so I left Villager alone. I know nothing about Splatoon, but DJ Octavio seems to be the villain.

There would be 8 new characters from this roster alone, but I'd be for adding a tad more as unlockable characters. I'm sure many would be upset for my lack of Mario characters, but there are just way too many of them when compared to other video game series'. There are also a lot of Fire Emblem characters and Pokémon characters, but if PT returned, there would be more Pokémon characters. Depending on whether or not I went with PT and RT, I'd try to make the roster at least 40 characters total. With PT and RT, there would only be 9 more characters to add. If I had to add those extra characters, I'd probably go with the following.

1. Apollo (Xexyz)
  2. Bomberman (Bomberman)
  3. Earthworm Jim (Earthworm Jim)
  4. Mega Man (Mega Man)
  5. Pac-Man (Pac-Man)
  6. Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden)
  7. Simon Belmont (Castlevania)
  8. Strider Hiryu (Strider)
  9. Trace (Axiom Verge)

Vanguard227

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vanguard227
Switch FC
SW 4222 8780 9424
Since this reboot would hypothetically only have around 30 fighters, I wouldn't include any 3rd party characters. So we're going back to the series roots and sticking with only 1st and 2nd party. My inclusions are based off of how important/iconic said character is to a series, or to Nintendo's history as a whole. So in order to get around so many cuts, while still keeping the core roster at 30, I would instead take some of the cut characters and re purpose them as alt. costumes for fighters that made it into the game; keeping their name too, like Alph in Smash 4.

Also know that since this game is a reboot, everyone's core move set would be heavily changed.

Mario series: :ultmario::ultbowser::ultpeach: (:ultluigi:, :ultdoc: for Mario) (:ultdaisy:, :ultrosalina: for Peach)

Donkey Kong series: :ultdk::ultdiddy:

Zelda series: :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf: (Have all of their different looks from previous Zelda games be alt. costumes)

Metroid series: :ultsamus::ultridley:

Yoshi series: :ultyoshi:

Kirby series: :ultkirby::ultkingdedede:

Starfox series: :ultfox::ultwolf: (:ultfalco: for Fox)

Pokemon series: :ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer: (Counting him as one character)

F-Zero series: :ultfalcon:

Fire Emblem: :ultmarth::ultrobin(Including Robin, as his game saved the entire Fire Emblem series) ( :ultroy: for Marth. Choosing him over the others, as Roy, along with Marth being in Melee, is the reason we got Fire Emblem outside of Japan.)

Mother series: :ultness: (:ultlucas: for Ness)

Game & Watch series: :ultgnw:

Kid Icarus series: :ultpit: (:ultdarkpit: for Pit)

Wii series: :ultmiifighters:(Instead of three characters, make Mii a completely unique character, with a move set based on elements from the Wii game series, like Wii Sports and Tomodachi Life.)

Pikmin series: :ultolimar:

Animal Crossing series: :ultvillager:

Punch Out!! series: :ultlittlemac:

Xenoblade series: :ultshulk:

Splatoon series: :ultinkling: (Octoling for Inkling)

I was going to add King K. Rool to the roster, but decided against it, as he would have been the only newcomer to the list. Besides, Diddy has appeared in more games than K. Rool.

Last edited:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State

Idk where you guys are getting 30 characters from. SSB4 had 58 including dlc. Here's a roster with 18. I'll post one with thirty later. I might also post one with 19, since I just thought of a way to make it a rectangle.

Oh yeah, so Ike being the most popular FE character outweighs Marth being OG, and Fjorm gets in because of the diversity her moveset brings, being a lancer with ice magic. Greninja also got in for being a ninja with water powers, as opposed to a Gen 1 psychic or a Gen 1 with fire breath. Luigi maybe shouldn't be in, but I couldn't bring myself to take him out, and I think there would be massive fan backlash if he weren't. Shulk isn't in because his moveset doesn't add much diversity to the roster.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Another thread recently did a "pare the Smash Roster down to 30" thing. Here was mine.

My goal here was representing as many iconic series as possible. So the first thing I did was strip out any extraneous characters from the same series. If I could justify a Mario character as repping it's own side-series, then it could stay.

2nd thing I did was strip out all the characters from series that had, like, 1 game, 30 years ago. Characters that people only care about BECAUSE they were in Smash.

After that, I actually had room left over to put in more iconic 3P franchises.

Last edited:

OhMyBanana54

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-1628-5145-3801
If I were to limit the roster to 30 characters, this is how I’d guess it would look.
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser::ultpeach::ultrosalina::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultpeach::ultdk::ultlittlemac:
:ultpikachu::ultpokemontrainer::ultgreninja::ultmewtwo::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:
:ultsamus::ultshulk::ultpit::ultfox::ultfalcon::ultmarth::ultinkling::ultness::ultolimar::ultduckhunt:

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State

Idk where you guys are getting 30 characters from. SSB4 had 58 including dlc. Here's a roster with 18. I'll post one with thirty later. I might also post one with 19, since I just thought of a way to make it a rectangle.

Oh yeah, so Ike being the most popular FE character outweighs Marth being OG, and Fjorm gets in because of the diversity her moveset brings, being a lancer with ice magic. Greninja also got in for being a ninja with water powers, as opposed to a Gen 1 psychic or a Gen 1 with fire breath. Luigi maybe shouldn't be in, but I couldn't bring myself to take him out, and I think there would be massive fan backlash if he weren't. Shulk isn't in because his moveset doesn't add much diversity to the roster.
Here are some more rosters ("Custom" refers to a player-created character that should be assumed to be in all my rosters, but an icon for it is excluded at my discretion for organizational purposes. I do not count it toward the total character count, as it is made by combining custom moves, etc., and is not given significant development time itself.):
30 characters:

Last edited:
Let's go baby

Smash 64 veterans
:ultmario::ultdk::ultlink::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultluigi::ultfalcon::ultness:

Melee veterans
:ultbowser::ultganondorf::ultmewtwo::ultmarth::ultgnw:

Brawl veterans
:ultkingdedede::ultwolf::ultpit::ultwario:

Smash 4 veterans
:ultlittlemac::ultwiifittrainer::ultshulk::ultmiifighters:(yes, I'm counting Mii as three characters)

Ultimate veterans
:ultridley::ultinkling::ultkrool:

Super Mario Bros
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultbowser:
Donkey Kong
:ultdk::ultkrool:
The Legend of Zelda
:ultlink::ultganondorf:
Metroid
Yoshi
:ultyoshi:
Kirby
:ultkirby::ultkingdedede:
Star Fox
:ultfox::ultwolf:
Pokemon
:ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultmewtwo:
F-Zero
:ultfalcon:
Mother
:ultness:
Fire Emblem
:ultmarth:
Game & Watch
:ultgnw:
Kid Icarus
:ultpit:
Wario
:ultwario:
Punch-Out
:ultlittlemac:
Wii Fit
:ultwiifittrainer:
Xenoblade Chronicles
:ultshulk:
Splatoon
:ultinkling:

And here's the roster, courtesy of Roster Maker:

I went with 30 because that seems like a reasonable amount to go for if you're planning on making a reboot with the roster heavily altered/shrunk down. So yeah, as many others said, it was SO HARD choosing just 30. While some franchises definitely got more than others, I had to make some really painful cuts so that the roster remained diverse (the only franchises that got more than 3 characters were Mario and Pokemon).

All in all, I went for a roster that would best reflect the history and legacy of Nintendo both in the modern age and in the past. This roster is basically a book of Nintendo's history, with plenty of franchises both old and new represented. I think I did good enough.If you have any questions about why a particular character did/didn't make the cut, then just ask.

Last edited:

Wiziliz

Smash Journeyman
Super Smash Legends

Main Characters (Heroes vs Villains)
Super Mario - Mario, Bowser
Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong, King K. Rool
The Legend of Zelda - Link, Ganondorf
Metroid - Samus, Dark Samus
Yoshi - Yoshi, Kamek
Kirby - Kirby, King Dedede
Star Fox - Fox, Wolf
Pokémon - Pikachu, Giovanni
Earthbound - Ninten, Giegue
F-Zero - Captain Falcon, Black Shadow
Fire Emblem - Marth, Ashnard
Kid Icarus - Pit, Medusa
Wario Land - Wario, Captain Syrup
Pikmin - Olimar, Louie
Punch-Out!! - Little Mac, King Hippo
Splatoon - Inkling, Octarian
Super Smash Bros. - Sandbag, Galleom
That's thirty-four characters. I'd say there'd be certain hidden characters that go against the theme, though.

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State

Last edited:

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Remember, Sakurai said all o the roster cuts were only a possibility. He's probably going to cut these fighters anyway:
:ultbayonetta::ultcloud::ultcorrin::ultdoc::ultduckhunt::ultgreninja::ultkrool::ultlittlemac::ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters::ultmiifighters::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpiranha::ultdarkpit::ultchrom::ultlucina::ultken::ultryu::ultdarksamus::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultwiifittrainer::ultyounglink::ultzss:

Blackwolf666

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5000-4278-5177
Mario:
:ultmario::ultpeach::ultbowser:
Luigi's Mansion
:ultluigi:*King Boo* (Going to separate Luigi into his own category with a moveset more inspired by Luigi's Mansion)
DK:
:ultdk::ultdiddy:
Warioware:
:ultwario:*Ashley*
Zelda:
:ultlink:*Ganon?*
Yoshi:
:ultyoshi:
Metroid:
Fire Emblem:
*The next new lord*
Pokemon:
:ultpikachu:
Splatoon:
:ultinkling:
Kirby:
:ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:
Kid Icarus
:ultpit:*Viridi* *Medusa*
Xenoblade:
*Rex + Pyra/Mythra*
Starfox:
Animal Crossing:
:ultisabelle:
Pikmin:
:ultolimar:

Tried to come up with a who's more relevant atm while trying to stick to just Nintendo characters roster.

Last edited:

Quetzal77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
yomugo
3DS FC
1349-4940-0147
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultrosalina::ultyoshi::ultwario::ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool::ultsamus::ultridley::ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultmarth::ultike::ultrobin::ultfox::ultfalcon::ultness::ultlucas::ultinkling::ultvillager::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultpit::ultpalutena::ultmiifighters::ultshulk::ultgnw::ulticeclimbers:

Newcomers: Rex and Pyra, Gen 8 Pokemon, Dixie, Isaac, Waluigi, Andy, Captain Toad, Mach Rider

45 fighters (edited in 5 more, I think this is reasonable since the bulk of the roster already exists and 8 newcomers isn't much; some could even be saved for DLC).

Last edited:

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
1/3rd of 75 is 25. Here’s what eventhubs says are the most played characters—

:ultcloud::ultbayonetta::ultfalcon::ultmario::ultlucina::ultcorrin::ultsonic::ultmarth::ultlink::ultganondorf::ultzss::ultness::ultike::ultlittlemac::ultryu::ultsheik::ultrobin::ultshulk::ultroy::ultfox::ultbowser::ultyoshi::ulttoonlink::ultmegaman::ultrosalina:

Oof that’s an ugly list. Let’s fix this.

:ultjigglypuff::ultkirby::ultlink::ultlittlemac::ultmario::ultluigi::ultpikachu::ultsamus::ultzelda::ultvillager::ultwario::ultyoshi::ultbowser::ultfalcon::ultness::ultzelda::ultfox::ultfalco:Kyle Hyde, Takamaru, :ultinkling::ultdk:Skull Kid, Prince of Sablé, Captain Toad, :ultpeach:

Oh well I’ll cheat and give you 26 here, since everyone else seems to have gone over 25 so far.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Okay, first of all, 70/75 divided by 3 does not equal 30 nor does it equal 36. Ya'll can't count for ****!

second of all,

:ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultjigglypuff::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultzss::ultpokemontrainerf::ultvillagerf::ultwiifittrainer::ultrosalina::ultmiifighters::ultpalutena::ultrobinf::ultlucina::ultcorrinf::ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultisabelle:+ Katalina, Egelgard, Elma

SUPER BASH SISTERS CONFIRMED! JUST AS THE PROPHECY FORETOLD!

(note: video contains fairly explicit language)

Last edited:

Fane

Smash Journeyman
Here's mine. Limited myself to 45 fighters.

Multi-Rep
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser::ultbowserjr:
:ultlink::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultganondorf:(Skull Kid)
:ultpikachu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario:(Gen 8 Pokemon)
:ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:(Dixie Kong)
:ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:(Bandana Dee)
:ultmarth::ultrobin::ultcorrin:
:ultpit::ultpalutena:
:ultvillager::ultisabelle:
:ultshulk:(Rex)
:ultness::ultlucas:

Single-Rep
:ultfalcon::ultwario::ultolimar::ultsonic::ultduckhunt:(Spring Man)(Chorus Kids)

Total Roster Count: 45
Newcomers: 7

mostly biased tbh

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Oh god these rosters actually look like the most depressing thing ever. Not in what people are choosing (Though some choices in here are pretty suspect in that if you cut the roster down like this I'm pretty sure you have to be extremely intentional in who you add) as much as how it necessitates so many cuts of objectively important characters. And then proceed to completely forget so many characters in the process as well... Like damn.

I also have really questioned Sakurai's comment about the 1/3 option. Considering we have 76 characters and 1/3rd of that is about 25, I don't really believe our Smash game would have been that low. Smash has way too much focus on the characters to ever justifiably cut that much out without replacement. I'd say Brawl range is a much more reasonable expectation even in the event of a reboot unless Nintendo goes full scum bag on us in the near future.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
I'd say Brawl range is a much more reasonable expectation even in the event of a reboot unless Nintendo goes full scum bag on us in the near future.
Bolded part is why I have no trouble believing that a Smash reboot could wind up with a roster as small as 25 characters.

EDIT: I just looked up Street Fighter V's base roster. I... I think I'm going to be sick...

Last edited:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Here is mine. Now, I am pretty sure the 1/3 comment was that if they didn't build Ultimate off Wii U/3DS the game would have been about a 1/3 of the production done, not that only a 1/3 of the roster would remained. So in my roster, the reboot would have about half of the roster at 40.

MARIO :ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser:
DONKEY KONG:ultdk::ultdiddy:
LEGEND OF ZELDA :ultlink::ultzelda::ultganondorf:
METROID:ultsamus::ultridley:
KIRBY:ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:
STAR FOX:ultfox::ultwolf:
POKEMON:ultpikachu:(Gen8 Grass Starter That Probably Will Be a Dark Type):ultincineroar::ultgreninja:
FIRE EMBLEM:ultmarth::ultrobin:(Edelgard)
KID ICARUS:ultpit::ultpalutena:
ANIMAL CROSSING:ultvillager::ultisabelle:
XENOBLADE:ultshulk:(Rex + Prya)
SOLO SERIES
:ultyoshi::ultwario::ultness::ultwiifittrainer::ultduckhunt::ultlittlemac::ultinkling::ultfalcon::ultolimar:(Springman):ultmiifighters:

Also on the bit with Wii Fit Trainer, she was revealed at E3. Outside of the Direct. Has any other Nintendo newcomer received that treatment?

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Well, let's start with the ones who probably will never be cut. The safe 8, none of these even need explained or introduced. Marth is the only questionable one purely based on who is the best Fire Emblem core rep. Ike is more popular and Robin/Chrom sold more. +8
:ultmario::ultlink::ultdk::ultsamus::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultinkling::ultmarth:

Next we'd need to cover some other popular franchises that look like they will continue into the future. These series could all have bright futures and are not dead, Isabelle beats out Villager since she seems more pushed as of late. +5
:ultshulk::ultolimar::ultfox::ultisabelle:(Spring Man)

Now we beef up some of these series since their secondaries and even common enemies :ultpiranha: are more iconic than most other additions. I went with Greninja as he remains a pretty popular pushed Water starter and even seems to be the main enemy pursuing Detective Pikachu in the new movie. Meanwhile Ike is by far one of the most popular lords and starred in two games. +7
:ultbowser::ultzelda::ultdiddy::ultridley::ultkingdedede::ultgreninja::ultike:

Let's be honest, Mario, LoZ, and Pokemon won't just have 2 reps. Peach is Nintendo's most iconic female. Incineroar could be changed out for another fire starter to be honest. Blaziken is very ugly to me, Emboar failed, Charizard wouldn't help spread the Gens out, and Delphox has the same Gen issue and is also ugly. Ganondorf completes the Tri Force. +3
:ultpeach::ultincineroar::ultganondorf:

Now we get into the grit of it. Who after that? It gets hard there. Luigi is now having his 3rd spin off game, he deserves to be included. Toad is a long request newcomer with the reworked Peach allowing it. Yoshi has his series still going and alive. Sylux is banking on if he has an important role in Metroid 4, he's my shakiest pick and if I was in Nintendo's place I'd know if he is Metroid's big new bad boy or not. If not, I'd find another newcomer or add Metaknight, King K Rool, or Wolf back in. Grass Starter newcomer to fill out more types. And a Fire Emblem Newcomer which will place them at 3 which feels accurate. Pit to honor Sakurai reviving Retros. +7
:ultluigi:(Toad):ultyoshi:(Sylux)(Grass Starter)(FE Newcomer):ultpit:

There's 30. 25 vets and 5 newcomers. I think some people are forgetting we'd likely get some newcomers!

HM :ultwario::ultmetaknight::ultwolf::ultmewtwo::ultlittlemac:(Waluigi)(Xenoblade Newcomer):ultkrool:

Forgot Ganondorf and dropped King K Rool.

Also for all Pokemon reps, they could add a trainer to the background cheering. Pikachu gets Red, Incineroar gets Moon, Greninja gets Calem, and the new Grass Starter could have the Female of it's gen.

Last edited:

ps_

Banned via Warnings
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultpikachu::ultdk::ultwario::ultlink::ultinkling::ultvillager::ultsamus::ultmarth::ultolimar:
These characters are guaranteed to be in any Smash reboot due to their series' success and/or recognition among the videogaming community.

:ultbowser::ultpeach::ultzelda::ultmewtwo::ultmetaknight::ultkrool::ultkingdedede::ultridley::ultganondorf::ultdiddy::ultisabelle::ultpokemontrainer:(insert all Pokemon here)
These characters aren't protagonists, but they're heavily related to the characters above. This makes their likelihood of getting in quite high.

:ultpacman::ultsonic::ultmegaman::ultryu::ultsnake::ultcloud::ultsimon:
These aren't first-party Nintendo characters, but their continued popularity & prevalence means Nintendo would likely pay to have them included.

:ultzss::ultyoshi::ultwiifittrainer::ulttoonlink::ultrichter::ultshulk::ultsheik::ultdarksamus::ultken::ultchrom::ultroy::ultrosalina::ultrobin::ultrob::ultdarkpit::ultpit::ultpiranha::ultpichu::ultdaisy::ultpalutena::ultness::ultgnw::ultmiifighters::ultlucina::ultlucas::ultlucario::ultlittlemac::ultjigglypuff::ultincineroar::ultike::ulticeclimbers::ultgreninja::ultfox::ultfalco::ultduckhunt::ultdoc::ultcorrin::ultfalcon::ultbowserjr::ultbayonetta:
Wildcard characters. These guys A) aren't current top-sellers, B) ape an existing character or franchise, C) aren't tremendously popular or D) all of the above. Whether they would be present in a Smash reboot is entirely up in the air.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I'm typing my own pretend Super Smash Bros game: Smash Bros. Eternity (changed Prism to this) on my computer and here's the roster by each game: Note: I just changed my roster to lower or higher it up and down and added more Echoes (Updated the roster by each series), this is the pretend 6th game

Update 1: Added Lincoln Loud with Leni Loud as echo

Update 2: Question Marks mean the 4 DLC Fighters coming soon

Update 3: Added Chun-li/Heavy/Mother Brain/Chaos 0/Camo along with Dixie

Update 4: Added Chandelure, Gen 5 Rep

Update 5: Snake returns to my Roster with Big Boss as his Echo

Update 6: Isabelle and Ms. Pacman are Villager and Pac-man's Echo Fighters

Update 7: Added Unit from TABS

Update 8: Added Garfield and Odie (removed)

Update 9: Added T. Rex

Update 10: Bring back Chandelure

Update 11: Added Mugly

Update 12: Added Captain Syrup

Update 13: Added Topmaniac

Update 14: T.Rex is cut

Update 15: Topmaniac is removed and Added Qbby, King Wart is changed to fighter instead of echo

Update 16: Replaced Ludicolo and Chandelure with Rayquaza and Genesect

Update 17: Added Eggman

Update 18: Added Dillon

Update 19: Added Chain Chomp (removed) and replaced Rash with Banjo

Update 20: Added Bulbord (removed)

Update 21: Added Isaac (no, not the golden sun)

Update 22: Isabelle is changed to Veteran

Update 23: Fixed the Roster to each series

Update 24: Added Jimmy T

Update 25: Added Sandbag

Super Mario-8
1.:ultmario:
2.:ultluigi:
3.:ultpeach:/:ultdaisy:
4.:ultbowser:/E: Midbus
5.:ultbowserjr:
6.:ultpiranha:
7. Waluigi (New, Assist Trophy to Fighter)
8. Wart (New)
Cut::ultdoc:/:ultrosalina:

Luigi's Mansion-1:
9. King Boo (New)

Donkey Kong-5:
10. :ultdk:
11. :ultdiddy:
12. :ultkrool:
13. Dixie (New)
14. Cranky (New)
15. Rambi (New)

Yoshi-3:
16.:ultyoshi:/E: Boshi
17. Poochy (New)
18. Shy Guy (New)

Wario-4:
19.:ultwario: (Redesigned Move-set to represent Land games)
20: Jimmy T (New)
21. Captain Syrup (New)
22. Shake King (New)

Legend of Zelda-3:
23.:ultlink:
24.:ultzelda:/E: Hilda
25.:ultganondorf:(CD-I design)
Cut::ultyounglink:/:ultsheik:/:ulttoonlink:

Metroid-5:
26.:ultsamus:
27.:ultridley:
28.:ultdarksamus: (Echo to Fighter)
29. Mother Brain (New)
30. Sylux (New)
Cut::ultzss:

Kirby-5:
31.:ultkirby:/E: Keeby
32.:ultmetaknight:/E: Galacta Knight
33.:ultkingdedede:
34. Bandana Dee (New)
35. Knuckle Joe (New, Assist Trophy to Fighter)

Star Fox-5:
36.:ultfox:
37.:ultfalco:
38.:ultwolf:
39. Peppy (New)
40. Slippy (New)

Pokemon-9:
41.:ultpikachu:/E: Raichu
42.:ultmewtwo:
43.:ultsquirtle:
44.:ultivysaur:
45.:ultcharizard:
46.:ultgreninja:
47.:ultincineroar:
48. Rayquaza (New, Gen 3)
49. Genesect (New, Gen 5)
Cut::ultjigglypuff:/:ultpichu:/:ultlucario:

Fire Emblem-4:
50.:ultmarth:
51.:ultike:
52.:ultrobin:
53. Byleth (New, 3 Houses)
Cut::ultroy:/:ultlucina:/:ultcorrin:/:ultchrom:

Kid Icarus-5:
54.:ultpit:
55.:ultpalutena:
56.:ultdarkpit: (Echo to Fighter)
57. Hades (New)

Animal Crossing-2:
58.:ultvillager:
59.:ultisabelle:

Pikmin-1:
58.:ultolimar:/E: Louie

F-Zero-1:
59.:ultfalcon:/E: Black Shadow

Earthbound-1:
60.:ultness:
Cut: :ultlucas:

Ice Climbers
61.:ulticeclimbers:

Game and Watch
62.:ultgnw:

Nintendo
63.:ultrob:
64. Virtual Boy

Punch Out-1:
65.:ultlittlemac:/E: King Hippo

Duck Hunt:
66.:ultduckhunt:

Excitebike-1:
67. Excitebiker

Rolling West-1:
68. Dillon

Boxboy-1
69. Qbby

Sonic-3
70. :ultsonic:/E: Mighty
71. Eggman
72. Tails

Metal Gear-1
73. :ultsnake:/E: Big Boss

Mega Man-1
74. :ultmegaman:/E: Bass

Pac-Man-1
75. :ultpacman:/E: Ms. Pacman

Street Fighter-2
76. :ultryu:/:ultken:
77. Chun-Li

Bayonetta-1
78. :ultbayonetta:/E: Jeanne

Castlevania-1:
79. :ultsimon:/:ultrichter:

Persona-1:
80.:ultjoker:

Skylanders-1:
81. Camo

Earthworm Jim-1:
82. Earthworm Jim

B&K-1:
83. Banjo

Crash Bandicoot-1:
84. Crash

Spyro the Dragon-1:
85. Spyro

Totally Accurate Battle Sim-1:
86. Unit

Binding of Isaac-1:
87. Isaac

Team Fortress-1:
88. Heavy

Smash Bros-1:
89. Sandbag

4th Party-1 (Loud House):
90. Lincoln Loud/E: Leni Loud

Mii Fighters-5:
:ultbrawler:
:ultgunner:
:ultswordfighter:

New: Wrecker-Flail Wielder
New: Slammer-Hammer Wielder

DLC Fighters-4:
?

?
?
?

Number of Fighters from each series (Pokemon Trainer Red & Echoes, Cut Fighters don't count)
Mario-9 (6 return/3 new)

Donkey Kong-6 (3 return/3 new)

Legend of Zelda-3 (3 return)

Metroid-5 (3 return/2 new)

Yoshi-3 (1 return/2 new)

Kirby-5 (3 return/2 new)

Star Fox-5 (3 return/5 new)

Pokemon-9 (7 return/2 new)

Luigi's Mansion-1 (1 new)

Earthbound-1 (1 return)

F-Zero-(1 return)

Fire Emblem-4 (3 return/1 new)

Kid Icarus-4 (3 return/1 new)

Wario-4 (1 return/3 new)

Pikmin-2 (1 return/1 new)

Animal Crossing-2 (2 return)

Ice Climbers-1 (1 return)

G&W-1 (1 return)

Punch Out-1 (1 return)

Duck Hunt-1 (return)

Nintendo-2 (1 return/1 new) (Example like R.O.B)

Sonic-3 (1 return/2 new)

Metal Gear-1 (1 return)

Mega Man-1 (1 return)

Pacman-1 (1 return)

Street Fighter-2 (1 return/1 new)

Bayonetta-1 (1 return)

Castlevania-1 (1 return)

Skylanders-1 (1 new)

Earthworm Jim-1 (1 new)

B&K-1 (1 new)

Team Fortress-1 (1 new)

Rolling West-1 (1 new)

Crash Bandicoot-1 (1 new)

Totally Accurate Battle Simulator-1 (1 new)

Spyro the Dragon-1 (1 new)

Boxboy-1 (1 new)

Mii Fighters-5 (3 return/2 new)

Smash Bros-1 (1 new)

The Loud House-1 (1 new)

Upcoming DLC-4 (4 coming soon)

Total of Fighters and Echoes plus upcoming DLC Fighters-124 (59 returning/38 new/4 DLC/ 18 Echoes/5 Miis) Cut Characters don't count)

And that's my Roster for Eternity, the pretend 6th game.

Last edited:

chipndip

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Chiptendo
3DS FC
4098-3083-1621
Not here to throw in a list, but something I noticed about some of these posts:

Some of you guys are cutting out a few of the original 12 you "care less" about (namely Luigi and Jiggs). There's not been a single game without the original 12, and I highly doubt that there's going to be, ever. If you're going to talk about cutting the roster size (which isn't a bad discussion, since I doubt they're going to do something this large for another entry any time soon), then if you're truly making a smart list, you'd be sure to include the original 12 in any and every iteration of that list. Even if this is proven false one day, it's still a safer bet to assume that the original 12 will always be in Smash Bros.

Also, DK and Yoshi has never been considered apart of the Mario-verse in these games...even if they are Mario-verse characters. They both represent their own franchises (Yoshi's Island and Donkey Kong Country, respectively). If you're limiting your count based on where they're from, those two wouldn't count towards the Mario-verse score.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Sorry about this here are the Characters in my Smash Bros. Eternity that were cut and why: (Note: i removed Ryu,Bayo,Snake and Isabelle from cut list)
Lucas: Mother 3 won't be released outside of Japan
Jigglypuff: Who asked for her? Meowth or Miltank would had been a better choice (I already know Jiggly was popular in Japan)
Corrin: Everyone hates Male and we didn't need a another FE rep
Wii Fit Trainer: Face it, Wii Fit is dead and won't come to the Switch
Pichu: Terrible weak clone, i would have Heracross for Gen 2
Toon Link: Everyone hates WW cause of childish art style
Young Link: Wasted ideas with masks for his move-set
Roy: Uninteresting plus too much Marth clones
Rosalina: Loved her in Mario Galaxy, now hated that she gets shoehorned in many games while Waluigi and Daisy get ignored
Cloud: Has no history with Nintendo
Zero Suit Samus: Don't ask me why is her Zero Suit stronger than the Power Suit also fanservice
Shiek: Only appeared in one main game and that's it
Dr. Mario: Someone wanted him as an alt costume and caused Wario to get cut from Melee with his overused Warioware stuff in Brawl instead of his Land moveset
Lucario: Everyone didn't like him when Mewtwo got replaced, also furbait

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Here is my roster

Unique Fighters below
:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultbowser: Fawful :ultdk::ultlink::ultzelda::ultsamus::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede::ultfox::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultincineroar::249::ultlucario::ultfalcon::ultness::ultcorrinf::ultsonic::ultolimar::ultinkling::ultisabelle: and Shantae
Echoes: :ultdaisy: Dark Bowser :ultyounglink::ultdarksamus: Dark Meta Knight :ultfalco::ultpichu::ultlucas: Shadow and Octoling

Fawful, Lugia and Shantae are newcomers. Dark Bowser, Dark Meta Knight, Shadow and Octoling are new echo-fighters.

Sceptile and Pokémon Trainer were considered.

There will be DLC packs

Bandanna Dee would be free DLC

DLC pack 1 contains :ultridley::ultmewtwo::ultkrool::ultganondorf: and :ultwolf: (Villains pack)

DLC pack 2 contains :ultmarth::ultlucina::ultrosalina::ultmegaman::ultsnake: and :ultsimon: (Legends pack)

DLC pack 3 contains :ultdiddy:Dixie Kong :ultbowserjr::ultwario::ultpit: and :ultduckhunt: (Comical pack)

Last edited:

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
So we would basically be paying for fighters we already got and 4 new additions? Seems we'd be getting a raw deal with that.

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
Sorry about this here are the Characters in my Smash Bros. Prism that were cut and why:
Lucas: Mother 3 won't be released outside of Japan
Jigglypuff: Who asked for her? Meowth would had been a better choice (I already know Jiggly was popular in Japan)
Corrin: Everyone hates Male and we didn't need a another FE rep
Wii Fit Trainer: Face it, Wii Fit is dead and won't come to the Switch
Pichu: Terrible weak clone, i would have Heracross for Gen 2
Toon Link: Everyone hates WW cause of childish art style
Young Link: Wasted ideas with masks for his move-set
Bayonetta: Ballot was rigged and she was too overpowered
Roy: Uninteresting plus too much Marth clones
Rosalina: Loved her in Mario Galaxy, now hated that she gets shoehorned in many games while Waluigi and Daisy get ignored
Cloud: Has no history with Nintendo
Snake: Metal Gear Survive ruined the franchise
Zero Suit Samus: Don't ask me why is her Zero Suit stronger than the Power Suit?
Shiek: Only appeared in one main game and that's it
Ryu: Don't know why...
Dr. Mario: Someone wanted him as an alt costume and caused Wario to get cut from Melee with his overused Warioware stuff in Brawl instead of his Land moveset
Lucario: Everyone didn't like him when Mewtwo got replaced, also furbait
Isabelle: Ruined by smash memes and so broken with another Isabelle and infinite Assist Trophies
You make a LOT of generalized assumptions with your use of 'everyone' that I'm here to say.. ain't true. Opinions are fine, but you spoke with a little too much authority on some things. EVERYONE hated the WW artstyle.. LOL. After it sat for a few years it literally became one of the fan favorite art styles. Some people just say stuff when they type I suppose. Pichu.. a weak clone? Do you know ANYTHING about Pichu outside of Smash..? Christ. Who cares if MG Survive was hated, Snake in Smash is based off of an entirely different game in the series and nobody said a character couldn't be in Smash if they had a bad game(s).. if that were the case even Mario would be out.

You also sailed completely past a few characters, not mentioning if you'd cut or include them. If you want to cut 95% of the roster, fine, I disagree.. but fine. Just give decent reasons please, it seems bias fuels every opinion on this matter so heavily having a genuine discussion about it often becomes impossible due to wildly outlandish additions such as this.

Last edited:

TheDuke54

Smash Journeyman
I'm personally holding out for another Zelda game in the style of WW to be honest. I only read BowserKings post I didn't see Poochy's lol. I do agree that Toon and Young could had a lot more going with them if they changed them up a bit more.

Also, even if Mother 3 will never make it overseas, for the fans of the series Lucas inclusion helped give them hope or at the very least a taste of what it would be like. And his inclusion, as well as Ness's shows that they haven't forgotten about that series.

DelugeFGC

Smash Stick Space Cowboy
Switch FC
SW-2582-1162-1537
Mother 3 has been patched to hell and back to make it accessible for Western audiences, albeit not officially but.. the game is all but released over here at this point. Lucas is fine.

BowserKing

Smash Lord
I'm personally holding out for another Zelda game in the style of WW to be honest. I only read BowserKings post I didn't see Poochy's lol. I do agree that Toon and Young could had a lot more going with them if they changed them up a bit more.

Also, even if Mother 3 will never make it overseas, for the fans of the series Lucas inclusion helped give them hope or at the very least a taste of what it would be like. And his inclusion, as well as Ness's shows that they haven't forgotten about that series.
Added the Echoes in the base game, with 4 new Echoes to bring variety.

Last edited:
Top Bottom