• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Major] "The Power of One" ~ Vid Channel links 1st post + Montage by Dekar

What days are you attending?

• Total voters

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
diddy's third best stage is... bf? what about yi? or picto? or ps1? they're all better for diddy in many circumstances imo.

not to mention most characters like those stages; snake/marth/wario/gw/pika/oli/falco/almost everyone consider bf in their top three stages.

ics climbers third best is... sv? l2 timeout/platform camp. mks have been making ics cry on sv ever since m2k discovered he could time out lain there ages ago.

lylat shouldn't be included because its terrible for most of the cast, and **** for mk/snake/marth.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
why not 7 neutrals

smashville
battlefield
fd
rainbow cruise
yoshi's
pokemon stadium1
lylat

3 strikes each

Ghostbone

Smash Master
Yoshi's Island isn't that good for Diddy, neither is PS1 really. And if YI or PS1 are Diddy's third best stage. HE'S STILL GETTING HIS THIRD BEST STAGE WITH YOUR STARTERS.

And you're missing the point, how good a stage is is match-up dependent. Falco loves FD, Ice Climber's love FD, suddenly, Falco wishes that stage didn't exist. It's a terrible stage for Falco in that match-up. FD is a terrible stage for basically anybody that can be chain-grabbed.

You can't tell me that SV/BF doesn't favour Ice Climbers massively against most of the cast.

And Lylat is definitely not terrible for most of the cast, or **** for MK. You have a really warped view point if you think that. Spacies don't like it, but really outside of that most characters don't mind it at all.

Edit:
7 starters is really good.
Though replace rainbow cruise with Castle Siege >.>

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
What's with you guys and iceclimbers. God damn it's not like the stage list is gonna make an iceclimbers win the tournament.

A diddy or MK discussion is ok but I dunno why handicapping iceclimbers is such a huge priority for you guys.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
@Dekar
FD and RC will always be striked though, so you might as well remove or replace them :awesome:

@Rob
Because they are like... 10 times better on FD than any other stage. Maybe the won't win, but they'll get further than they would with a less non-sensical stage list.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Grim, you're exaggerating how much FD will get striked.
Let's see...
No match-ups with MK will end up on FD.
Some match-ups with Snake will end up on FD.
Most match-ups with Diddy won't end up on FD.
Most match-ups with Falco won't end up on FD.
No match-ups with Wario will end up on FD.
Some match-ups with Marth will end up on FD.
No match-ups with Ice Climbers will end on FD.

I don't think I'm really exaggerating :/

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Just saying, you made that list as if it was some crummy low tier vs all the high tiers. What about high tiers bs another high tier that both favor fd? You're forgetting it comes to preference aswell. Some players counterpick stupid stages that in theory should handicap them but they play well on it and prefer it. I dunno, just saying, it's a lot harder to theorize about stuff then to say "this is how it should / will be".

Nova

Banned via Warnings
You are exaggerating.
I've been to more interstate tourneys than you've been to loly SA ones, like 5 times over.
When that stage is legal as a starter, I've seen it picked just as much as the others.

While I don't care what stages are starters, don't underestimate that stages popularity.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Falco vs ics is a terrible example cause it's a **** anyway.

But yes, I'd be happy to play anyone on Fd as snake.

In the year, I've started on lylat against one person (that's about ten tourneys, most of which I was in the whole time). By your Fd logic, lylat shouldn't be a starter cause no one picks it anyway. Silly.

And also, something that no one else has mentioned, is that it limits mks number of positive starters. Which isnt a bad thing.

Ghostbone

Smash Master
And also, something that no one else has mentioned, is that it limits mks number of positive starters. Which isnt a bad thing.
Yes it is, why should we be biased against one character? Especially when that also hurts other characters.

I mean we don't let Ganon start on Norfair because he's bad, why should we try to nerf MK because he's good?

J-Birds

Smash Lord
Smashville really isnt that good for IC's, playing on Smashville against an opponent who knows anything about camping the platform is hell!

ugh bad memories

Also as Rob said - Preference and experience > What is better in theory

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
so we pick characters... then we stage strike...
ok... we make different starters for different match ups..
lets make a table.... if u want complete fairness.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Grim, you seem to invite debate into this thread by the way you post. I'd encourage you to create a separate thread in the Outhouse for your debating. Not everyone here appreciates long discussions on this thread, which is meant to be inform players about important tournament updates.

Edit - For other major tournaments, debatable topics were separated from the main tournament thread.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Grim, you seem to invite debate into this thread by the way you post. I'd encourage you to create a separate thread in the Outhouse for your debating. Not everyone here appreciates long discussions on this page, which are meant to be inform players about important tournament updates.
It's not solely my fault, people are disagreeing with my opinions as much as I'm disagreeing with there's.

But I'll stop.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
That's fine, just create a separate thread for everything debatable about POO and keep this space free of it. :)

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
This is likely to be it.
I'll edit it into the first post later.

Brawl:

Starter
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1
Final Destination

Counter
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Pictochat
Brinstar

Melee:

Random Stage List
Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List
Pokemon Stadium
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle

2v2 Random Stage List
Pokemon Stadium
Dream Land
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story

2v2 Doubles Counter Stage List
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Kongo Jungle
Poke Floats
Corneria

---

@Brawl Starters:
5 is good variety.
7 is too complicated for newbies to deal with sometimes.
FD and Lylat are similarly polarising. So I chose FD based on popularity.

@Melee Counter stage list differences:
Floats is popular in QLD, so I'm keeping it in for doubles. Along with Corneria.

Singles list trims the fat.
Soz Cao.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
It's spelled Attila?

Argh I've been spelling it wrong all these months I'm such an idiot ;_;

Also um... that's a cool stagelist (:

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Ugh, then why are we arguing with a mediocre player who's main game I assume is Melee.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Ugh, then why are we arguing with a mediocre player who's main game I assume is Melee.
>implying my ability to play Brawl is equivalent with my ability to craft a competitive rule-set based on logic, knowledge of the game's meta-game and second-hand experience.

Hint: It isn't.

And yes, my main game is Melee.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
You're right, player skill =/= experience.

Then again, your opinion doesn't really make a difference anymore.

What about Brawls doubles stage list?

Top Bottom