• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Major] "The Power of One" ~ Vid Channel links 1st post + Montage by Dekar

What days are you attending?

• Total voters

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I dont ride a horse, I ride a wolf

if you feel the need to constantly defend yourself and tell us that you are right and know stuff, then perhaps your the one who needs to come off his high horse?

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Hurry up and lay down da law, before Zeek goes and c**ktalities someone.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I realize that I won't change anyone's opinion.

But everyone is responding to my posts with their condescending, irrelevant bull-****, and if I don't respond to Luke/Beast's posts, they'll never get off their high-horse. :bee:
There's a saying I abide by when I deal with smashboards and it's that even if I change one or two people's opinions, 1000 more will take their place. It's why I don't stop every time people tell me the Wii is a bad console, that Brawl was a poorly designed game, etc. I turn to the people around me and the situation I'm in and realise there's way too many more things worth spending time on than an internet forum.

I very much support your opinion, but not in this thread. There's a time and place. If you want to debate the merits of common threads between Australia's various ruleset philosophy I'd firstly ask Cao's permission, and then make a thread for it elsewhere.

The people here aren't here to debate competitive philosophy. They're here to talk down somebody who's saying "I think what you guys have been doing for years is wrong", and that is just a matter of opinion.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm sorry for dragging the thread this far off-topic Vyse, and I'll stop now.

I actually stopped the first time after you said that you are catering the rules not for competition, but to maximize enjoyment. While I disagree with that, I can definitely see it from your point of view and I'm fine with that.

I only started responding again after people started flaming me, as opposed to just disagreeing with me.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
That's fine, I'll just straight up infract flamers. But take the bait and you get them too.

xoxoxoxoxo ~ <3

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Most of the oversights already pointed out.

I'd like to remodel them off robocop, since robocop modelled itself off Thriller and I think working towards consistency is a good thing. (A theme in America too as you probably know very well).

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
you were taking bets yeah? :c
Yeah... no... Sorry.

That was a poor attempt at a joke. Rob said "any stage, any amount of money"so I was going to take him to Temple and then get a ridiculous amount of money from him and everyone who placed bets :p

I don't expect to win against him really, I just want to prove that the stage should be banned.

I mean, if I come really close to beating him on PF, and then he 4 stocks me on a starter stage, is that proof enough that Poke Floats is a bad stage?

@Vyse
I thought the RC rule-set was pretty similar to this one...? I'm probably just mis-remembering.

EDIT: The Thriller rule-set still has those janky Melee stages, which haven't been on the MBR recommended rule-set for quite a while. The Brawl rule-set still has the kamikaze rule (that says Ganon/Bowser always win suicides regardless of what the game screen says) which hasn't been on the BBR rule-set for a while either.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Counter picks are meant to favor certain characters, its what makes it a COUNTER pick and why it is a COUNTER pick and not a starter. All it would prove is that fox has a better time on poke floats than c.falcon which is the same as saying jiggs/peach are **** on dl64/mute/brinstar etc but you don't see anyone complaining about those stages.. which are worse than a fox on floats >_>

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I've made some amendments to the ruleset.

The only thing I haven't made a final decision on yet is stages :troll:
I'll do that tomorrow.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Brinstar and frigate are the only super advantageous stages in brawl atm; it's not that bad. Bring back Rc and japes and then cping will be legit again. And I've said it once and I'll say it again, Fd should be a starter. Just like in every single American major.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
it's ok attila, the bigger tournament, don't get bashed, has a legit ruleset

Attila_

BRoomer
@dekar: i'm not going to dgb, cause its on a saturday.

@grim: the fd comments are mostly wrong; almost all falcos and ics prefer bf in almost every circumstance. and rc is stupid, but no more stupid (in fact, probably less stupid) than brinstar. and what you've posted doesn't change the fact that its what i've stated is the standard in america.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
cus america is always right and everyone else is wrong! tee hee

sunnyback dinner after poo?

Attila_

BRoomer
I'm taking a week off to go to poo, as something of a holiday before uni goes back. Doubt Tibor will go; he's hopeless without me.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I've won tourneys with them. Your state doesn't play the game. Ics prefer bf.
I don't mean to disrespect you, but I respect Hylian's opinion more than yours, sorry.

Hylian said:
It depends on the match-up really. A lot of IC players prefer BF simply because they never get to play on FD since everyone bans it. In most matches, FD is the better stage, though IC's lack tournament experience on it because it's usually banned.

Attila_

BRoomer
Id be interested to see when he made that comment, and the response to it. Lain and kakera have stated on more than one occasion that they prefer bf. As have almost every other ic main. Oh, and hylian is good but its not like he places at nationals or anything.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Id be interested to see when he made that comment, and the response to it. Lain and kakera have stated on more than one occasion that they prefer bf. As have almost every other ic main. Oh, and hylian is good but its not like he places at nationals or anything.
He said it in a private message.

I didn't realize Lain and Kakera had said that as well, hmmm...

What makes it better for them than FD? Don't they get platform camped as bad as in Melee?

And FD is the most grounded stage in the game, doesn't that suit them?

Attila_

BRoomer
Ice climber uair is arguably more broken than their chaingrabs. True story. Recovery options are also nice.

lain

Smash Master
He said it in a private message.

I didn't realize Lain and Kakera had said that as well, hmmm...

What makes it better for them than FD? Don't they get platform camped as bad as in Melee?

And FD is the most grounded stage in the game, doesn't that suit them?
Because everyone I've played in the last 3 years totally hasn't banned FD against me...

Top Bottom