• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media Maining Meta Knight, needs support

Meta_Main

Smash Rookie
Been playing on the 3DS since June, got Ultimate roughly 2 weeks ago, and I’m looking to main Meta Knight (if you couldn’t tell from my name already). Any helpful tips?

Skamhutt

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-7880-9863-5008
Use your good aerial movement to the fullest and be careful with your special moves. Every special move puts you in grave danger if you do not connect a good hit. However you can kill with your specials and they are helpful to mix up your recovery.
Learn when your attacks unfold their KO potential and what reach they have.
D-Throw is good for racking up quick damage and start combos.
Go into close combat against projectile depending characters and be careful in close combat against hard hitting characters.
Do not forget your tilts. D-Tilt can trip an opponent and is your fastest attack, F-Tilt has good range and is very strong, U-Tilt has good range and can beat some attacks like D-Air from Bowser.

You may want to watch some S2H matches. He is one of the best MKs right now in my opinion.

2 C H i L L E D

Eternal Hitstun
3DS FC
3956-0619-2163
1) First and foremost work extensively on your air game. MK is a character with 5 jumps and great aerials if you suck in the air you’re going to suck with MK.

2) Work on your edge guarding. MK has a decent amount of kill moves but nothing will be effective as gimping characters at lower percentages. To edge guard to the best of your ability you’re going to have to learn MUs so just work at it until you become familiar with the options of each character offstage. By far the hardest part of MKs game.

Honestly if you can get these first two down you’re already golden. This is MKs whole purpose.

3) DO NOT use your specials carelessly. You will get absolutely destroyed. MKs specials have horrible lag, so much lag that at low percent you can literally get punished for hitting someone.

This was a very vague overview but if you want more in depth I can do that as well.

Meta_Main

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the help guys. I’ve gotten all these steps down and plan to go to my first local with a group of friends very soon. Gotta start somewhere, heh.

RNG_Lemon

Smash Rookie
NNID
2coolfor3d
3DS FC
2896-2983-8305
Switch FC
SW-3323-9300-9923
Been playing on the 3DS since June, got Ultimate roughly 2 weeks ago, and I’m looking to main Meta Knight (if you couldn’t tell from my name already). Any helpful tips?
kind of toned down on meta knight, since i started maining Roy. BUT, i can help. air attacks are good for carrying your opponent of stage. spam neutral B.
and that is all i have.

Good luck!

Top Bottom