• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Maine Smash Tournament 10: Chu rikes trains, m i rite? March 31st

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
redsox, i cant really think of anything around my area to hold a tournament in >_>
I've looked up the yellow pages a bit.

What about Maiden Games in Biddeford? You think they'd have some space?

Another possibility could be something in Portsmouth, or maybe Amesbury, MA. Something in that area could be beneficial due to its centrality.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I've looked up the yellow pages a bit.

What about Maiden Games in Biddeford? You think they'd have some space?
XD, I've been there before...if I ran it there the store owner at J and R would feel betrayed...but I could always say it was "out of my hands" >_>

But uh, spacewise, it's great. They have plenty of tables, plenty of outlets, THE BEST ****ING CHAIRS IN THE WORLD, and other things. I'd have to contact them about it though, and discuss their share (a venue fee would most likely be instated, standard stuff), advertising on their part, etc.

Banksya

Smash Ace
these are the types of places i dont know much about, there is a place called Rivals I've been to before but i dont think its big enough =/

Kais

Smash Ace
To be quite honest, I really don't mind if there's a collaboration between you and I on this one Dazwa. I think that might be what's been the main thing messing things up. If we communicate on this one, I'm sure it'll turn out fine. What're your thoughts on contacting Maiden Games? I can understand if you'd want to do it instead of me, but I really wouldn't mind calling them.

EDIT:

P.S. Mind if I join Team Group? *offers cookies or something equally valuable*

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
To be quite honest, I really don't mind if there's a collaboration between you and I on this one Dazwa. I think that might be what's been the main thing messing things up. If we communicate on this one, I'm sure it'll turn out fine. What're your thoughts on contacting Maiden Games? I can understand if you'd want to do it instead of me, but I really wouldn't mind calling them.
If you want to call them, go ahead. I can't really think of anything to keep in mind when calling them. I know they have a $1/hour for anything plugged into an outlet, but if you mention it'll bring in a decent showing as well as having a large amount of things outlet'd, he may lower the cost. I personally think it'd be a great venue, but I've no clue if they'd even be up for it.

Kais

Smash Ace
If not them, we could always use Weekend Anime. I think you came there once a long time ago. I know the owner pretty well and I'm sure we'd be able to squeeze in with a little venue fee. They really need the customers...>_>

The only problem I can think of would be size. I'd have to convince them to let me move things around a lot.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
If not them, we could always use Weekend Anime. I think you came there once a long time ago. I know the owner pretty well and I'm sure we'd be able to squeeze in with a little venue fee. They really need the customers...>_>

The only problem I can think of would be size. I'd have to convince them to let me move things around a lot.
Yeah, I really didn't like the space of the place....lulz rhyme.

Kais

Smash Ace
Yeah, I really didn't like the space of the place....lulz rhyme.
In that case, I'll look up Maiden Games and call after school tomorrow. No work@Shaw's ftw.

Oh yeah, and Team Group + Kais? Eh? Ehhhh???

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
"Eh" indeed.

If maiden games doesn't work I've no objections to weekend anime...I just really don't see it working there because it was small.

Kais

Smash Ace
"Eh" indeed.

If maiden games doesn't work I've no objections to weekend anime...I just really don't see it working there because it was small.
Yeah, *nods in agreement*

Come on, with IronChief in NSG and all, Team Group might like a little bit of SMSC magic, right?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
NH though? I don't know any nh smashers, what's next vermont smashers. >_>
LMFAO, that made my day

If you go and I beat you, Nus, I regain the right to call you Citrus Cap.

If you beat me, I'll call you Lord Cirtap.

And if you don't go...I'll call you Citrus Cap.

The choices are yours, and yours alone.[/legendsofthehiddentemple]

As for being too far away, that's why I've been pushing for the Biddeford location instead of the normal Brunswick location. -1 hour or so.

RedSoxFan3

Smash Ace
Actually they hosted one before, but it was still a pretty long drive. Deep into central NH. The ideal location would be in the Portsmouth Area if NH and ME wanted to attract out of staters.

I'm gonna give Maiden Games a call right now.

Edit: They seemed pretty friendly and interested.

Basically they said their previous estimates for renting out the place for the day, (1000 sq ft, 16 outlets) was around 50 dollars. It's a bit hard for me to imagine 1000 sq ft, so you guys should set up a time to check out the place. However this seems like it could be a good venue. The guy I spoke to was very friendly.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Actually they hosted one before, but it was still a pretty long drive. Deep into central NH. The ideal location would be in the Portsmouth Area if NH and ME wanted to attract out of staters.

I'm gonna give Maiden Games a call right now.
Uh, I think Peter already did that...

Meh, shows them there's interest in the tournament.

Schweppes

Smash Ace
The one time I went to Maiden Games it was really dirty and fairly greazy. Fat guys with cowboy hats, people without teeth, etc. >_>

@Kais- IIRC, you have to either beat dylan or dustin, or get permission from neil to get in... >_> keekeheehehekeh

acceptable

Smash Rookie
They might be fat and have cowboy hats... but they are nice people at least. Plus as banks pointed out. Maiden = 0 travel for me also.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Allright, I think Maiden games is a go then.

RedSocksFan told me they're charing $50 for 1000 sqft, not sure what that means dimension wise, as well as wether or not we can use the tables, chairs, and outlets (for free). Someone from Biddeford needs to figure that all out, by going down there, mentioning the SSBM tournament, and getting those details as well as anything else of importance figured out.

Secondly, we need to figure out a date that works out for the following groups:

NSG
Team Group
KDJ + Pals (KDJ, Marcus, Tom, Zeb, others)
RPI

Because the tournament is best ran if we at least get all of the regulars to show. The only date of the top of my head not working for Team Group, as well as KDJ, is April 21st.

Dates we can't run it on:
March
April 21st

Please add to the list.

Pine

Smash Ace
if you guyz take to long to decide....we cant do it anytime in march for me...i need at least a week and a half notice for work -.-

Skler

Smash Master
I submit we change the name to MST10: Happy Early Sklerday or Happy belated Sklerday and you guys bake me a big *** cake. As a present you can all sandbag in mms against me. Oh yeah!

Banksya

Smash Ace
March 31st. Thats a good day for me. Does anyone have any problem with that? Even DJ said that was good at this point for him.

I may be able to go to maiden games and check it out this weekend, MAYBE. If not, Kais will have to do some phoneage about specifics, which I'm sure could be done.

p.s. pine, just take off the 31st, because its either that or much further in the future.

Kais

Smash Ace
How am i a dirty sanchez ?
You can thank Ken for the "sanchez" part. "Dirty" just seemed rather fitting.

To save the people from Biddeford the trouble, I'm gonna go ahead and call Maiden Games now. I'll edit this post with new info.

EDIT: They opened about a half hour ago but before I call them, I need to clear March 31'st with you all. That's the date I'm going to suggest. Either that or maybe April 7'th. What's going on with everyone then?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I don't like March 31st because the reason we're bringing the tournament further south in Maine is to appeal to out of staters that haven't gone to an MST before. By running it on the same day as a CT tournament, we're defeating the purpose.

EDIT: XD, I forgot to mention that if it were on the 7th, we'd have a weak turnout due to VESTICLE. I'd rather go to that, myself.

Kais

Smash Ace
****, okay then. April 14'th bishies. I'd rather have this cleared up and such before making an inquiry on the space. Just so MG knows we're serious about running a professional event, I want to have a date to tell them, should they ask.

Kais

Smash Ace
You know, we don't really have to do one this month. We could just go to someone's house and have a smashfest. In fact, we may as well hold off til April 14'th for the real tournament, enjoy Vesticle, and maybe get a smashfest in early April.

Top Bottom