• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MAINE MAINE MAINE any players in MAINE? SSBM

eatboxman

Smash Rookie
More importantly, around South Portland/ Portland?

I wanted the title of this thread to grab your attention, because I don't know any smashers in Maine.
I lived in NY for 4 years and that was easy. Maine is a challenge.

AngryRobo

Smash Rookie
I live in Gorham, but regularly come to Portland for classes. Unfortunately, Maine doesn't have much of a Smash scene.

eatboxman

Smash Rookie
if you are bored and come to portland (I assume you drive) hit me up we can try to figure something out or play some matches

Hoser

Smash Ace
I live in Auburn. There's a decent sized group of us who play Brawl, and I've been trying to get them to play Project M with me.

eatboxman

Smash Rookie
Yeah, PM and Melee is the way to roll.

I'm SOPO btw

Last edited:
I live in Portland, and I will show up to any PM tourney within a reasonable distance. Also, if anyone just wants to play some PM sometime, I'm down with that too. A little rusty in Melee, but I'd probably travel to play that as well.
On a side note, a bar called Arcadia National Bar just opened in Portland. They plan on having two Smash tourneys a month once they're ready. This would be a great place to organize a tourney in Maine. The bar has a bunch of arcade games, pinball machines, and consoles. Really good beer and grilled cheese as well. If anyone is interested in having a tourney there, I would be willing to try and organize one if enough people showed interest.

eatboxman

Smash Rookie
Portland is right next door to me sooo..

I play melee and PM. Brawl is too slow, haven't played in ages.

I'm down man. South Portland is really frikin' close to portland so..
Got my gamecube controller ready to go
I might be interested in going.
I can pick you guys up if you need a ride. I'm thinking about taking the day off for work because the event page says it starts at noon. If you go to the event page, look through the list of people going, and click on Nicholas Rier, that's me. Shoot me a message, and we can make some plans.

Last edited:

theneobunny

Smash Rookie
Ah man this is disappointing. I'm at University of Maine about 2 1/2 hours north, but I live in Gorham. I'd definitely join up with you guys but I don't have a car.

AngryRobo

Smash Rookie
I can pick you guys up if you need a ride. I'm thinking about taking the day off for work because the event page says it starts at noon. If you go to the event page, look through the list of people going, and click on Nicholas Rier, that's me. Shoot me a message, and we can make some plans.
I sent you message on facebook.

eatboxman

Smash Rookie
Sent you a message yesterday. Could be filtered into "other" on the facebook message system

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
So is there anyone in the greater Portland area that does Project M friendlies on a regular basis?

MrRyanNess

Smash Cadet
NNID
MiniMarioBros
3DS FC
4554-0840-9499
It's really a shame, I've never had a Smash tournament in Maine... mainly because there are no tournaments. I would totally go to them if they had them here... closest place for a tourney is Boston

MrRyanNess

Smash Cadet
NNID
MiniMarioBros
3DS FC
4554-0840-9499
In fact I don't even have a training partner. I usually just play level 1 CPUS 99 stock on Melee/4 stocks level 9 CPU. For Smash 4 I just play For Glory online obviously.. none of my friends are very good at the game and none play competitively.

BBOY15

Smash Apprentice
In fact I don't even have a training partner. I usually just play level 1 CPUS 99 stock on Melee/4 stocks level 9 CPU. For Smash 4 I just play For Glory online obviously.. none of my friends are very good at the game and none play competitively.
I was in the same situation as you for years and years until I found the Maine Melee facebook group.

henrik

Smash Rookie
Patiently waiting for fall semester so that I can start going back to my local weeklies at Bates. It looks like there's a fairly active SSBU scene in Augusta, Bangor, Waterville, & South Portland, but for now I'm stuck waiting here.

Top Bottom